Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2013, 03:45 PM   #256
VBAndrea
DIS Veteran

Huge hugs and prayers your way. I will now think of Lisa every time I use my Neti Pot. My sinuses are so bad that yesterday the Neti Pot wouldn't even work from nare to nare (I got a lovely throat wash instead ).

Prayers for all good things to happen today

DH DS 11 DD 9

VBAndrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:53 PM   #257
thebeesknees
DIS Veteran

Judy, I've been thinking of and praying for your family all day today. I hope Lisa is feeling better and all the appointments for today went well.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2013, 09:02 PM   #258
WDWRids
Ready to go back!!

Sending lots and lots of prayers your way!
WDWRids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:18 PM   #259
danygirl
Mouseketeer

Judy. I have been crazy busy this summer and I haven't been here much. Soo sad to hear Lisa is still sick! I wil keep her in prayerr
danygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:06 PM   #260
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

3:14 PM today...on our way to the second MD (hematologist) after picking up Rachel...I hear a tiny little voice sing a little song from the back seat...music to my ears!!! Lisa is still not well, but I will take any glimpse of my sweetie I can get. Praying the meds are doing the trick, I KNOW the prayers are helping. Her Pulmonologist added one more med and the hematologist is having me hold Lisa's coumadin for two days, her INR is way too high. We return on Thursday to those docs. You have all been so kind to leave me supportive messages, I had to share before I get things ready for our busy tomorrow.
blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:43 AM   #261
merbobear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
I just typed a huge response and lost it, it has been so long since my Internet worked correctly, I forgot my computer doesn't always and typically type my updates in word and copy and paste.

All I have time to say now is a heartfelt THANK You for your supportive messages and prayers.They have been felt and I am humbled, sincerely.

I did want to mention briefly, Lisa does have multiple seasonal allergies and uses daily medication, neti pots (like a pro, I might add. I find them difficult. Thanks for the suggestion Nancy!), saline rinses, decongestants (there again, she has those heart/BP issues) and more. We think she was susceptible at camp for a variety of reasons, but now the hematologist is quite concerned that there is an underlying reason she can't get rid of this sinus infection after these massive antibiotics since mid-June.

All four of the children have big things occurring today, some quite good and a few nerve wracking. Your continued prayers are coveted and welcome, I truly Thank you.
I hope she starts to feel better soon and someone can get to the bottom of the sinus infections! I'm not a doctor, but I have to agree that it just seems like something else is going on that is causing the sinus infection to reoccur for so long!
I've tried using a neti pot, because the idea of it is really intriguing..I must have done something wrong, because it stung so bad, just like when you get water up your nose in a pool! OW. My sinuses are burning just thinking about it! Lisa can teach me some tricks, because I am clueless with that thing!

merbobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:15 AM   #262
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Hearing that sweet voice in song, however tiny it was, I'm sure it was music to your ears in more ways than one. I'm glad she is getting her song back. Hopefully she will be back to her self and singing and dancing up a storm.
lovethattink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:05 AM   #263
McDuck
DIS Veteran

Finally had a chance to check in and oh my, so sorry to read of the illnesses! Adding my prayers to the mix and so glad Lisa was singing some yesterday. My prayers do continue for all of you but loads of special ones for Lisa!!!!!!

McDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:56 AM   #264
thebeesknees
DIS Veteran

So glad to hear she was feeling a bit better yesterday. Continuing to pray for you all.

We go back to the ortho to have Benjamin's palate expander placed today for the second time. The first one came loose and got bent before we realized it was loose so they had to remove it and start all over. He lost all the space we had created with cranking while we waited for them to make his new one so we get to start that all over today, too, poor kid. Apparently, he feels it most in his nose when we crank it (go figure), so he is really dreading the next 10 days. I am hoping maybe this time it won't be so bad since he's only had it out for a couple of weeks.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:28 AM   #265
kayrosek
DIS Veteran

Judy, I have been praying for Lisa. You know I understand how chronic problems can complicate other illnesses and vice a versa. I tried posting yesterday but Johns tablet wouldn't let me do it for some reason. Regardless of whether I can post please know you are all in my heart and in my prayers.

We are headed back home today and I am nervous. We haven't heard anything from camp camp so Jonnie must be doing okay. I will call for an update today just to make sure. I know camp is good for him and I am so glad he got the oppertunity but something in this mama's heart is balling at being so far away from my sick little boy. I have also been praying that Tessa isn't having seizures affect her while she's on charge of other children. I will breathe a sigh of relief when they are home and can tell me about all their adventures while I can see with my own two eyes that they are okay.

kayrosek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:15 AM   #266
scdak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrosek View Post
Judy, I have been praying for Lisa. You know I understand how chronic problems can complicate other illnesses and vice a versa. I tried posting yesterday but Johns tablet wouldn't let me do it for some reason. Regardless of whether I can post please know you are all in my heart and in my prayers.

We are headed back home today and I am nervous. We haven't heard anything from camp camp so Jonnie must be doing okay. I will call for an update today just to make sure. I know camp is good for him and I am so glad he got the oppertunity but something in this mama's heart is balling at being so far away from my sick little boy. I have also been praying that Tessa isn't having seizures affect her while she's on charge of other children. I will breathe a sigh of relief when they are home and can tell me about all their adventures while I can see with my own two eyes that they are okay.
Remember - no news is good news and keep telling yourself that I bet they are having so much fun and their health is fine but a Mama can't help but worry! When do they come home? I envision a big family happening soon.
POR Jan 2012
POFQ Oct/Nov 2012
WL / POFQ Fall 2014 - maybe sooner
SOONER IT IS - March 30-April 5 - offsite with family

October 2015 - just starting to think about it
scdak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #267
redomni
Mouseketeer

Hopefully hearing Lisa sing some means that she is starting to feel at least a little bit better. Hope she continues to improve and is back to her old self soon.

Thoughts and prayers to all that need them.
redomni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #268
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Sending prayers for lots of good things for you and your family.

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
DrMomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:58 PM   #269
marvali
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad Lisa was feeling well enough to sing. I'm sure that WAS sweet music to your ears!!!

Thoughts and prayers for you and the family continue!

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
marvali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:02 PM   #270
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I know that it had to be wonderful to hear Lisa singing!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gktw

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: