Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2013, 07:27 PM   #1411
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Karin that sounded like a Heavenly Day! Floating out on the ocean and seeing the Stingrays and was that a conch !!! Yay for Happy Hour drinks !!! You had a magical day!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:19 PM   #1412
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

That was sure a beautiful conch, I never do find them. Sandbars are such fun to relax on in the middle of the water. The water was so clear out there, like tap water.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2013, 09:38 PM   #1413
Teri1
DIS Veteran

You had a wonderful relaxing day on CC!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 07-14-2013, 08:47 PM   #1415
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

What an amazing time in the water! I envy you because I would never have dared to go out so far. I am not a good swimmer and I wouldn't want to risk being stuck out in water too deep for me.

Love the adult drinks... and SO cool that you got to have two for the prince of one. Definitely a cleaver host to get wait and get them at special!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:31 PM   #1416
HowieHowie
Mouseketeer

What a beautiful and relaxing day on Castaway Cay. I wish I was there now and I would love to have a Konk Kooler.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:08 AM   #1417
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Wow - that shell is fabulous! Love it!

And that crystal clear water. Fabulous!

It's so hot and humid here this morning - I am definitely loving the pictures of paradise (and that includes the adult beverages).
There were lots of shells like this one. Many broken ones, too! The interesting thing about this one - this one was alive! We put it right back in the water after the photo.

You won't believe the colour of the water when you get there, Mary Ellen. It is pure paradise! :cloud):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom&RN View Post
What a great day Karin! So relaxing and enjoyable.
It was an awesome day and we had another one just like this to come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Karin that sounded like a Heavenly Day! Floating out on the ocean and seeing the Stingrays and was that a conch !!! Yay for Happy Hour drinks !!! You had a magical day!!
Yes, it truly was a magical day!
There seem to be so many stingrays around, we have seen so almost every trip (without signing up for the stingray encounter )
This was our first conch that was alive. It was awesome actually seeing one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
That was sure a beautiful conch, I never do find them. Sandbars are such fun to relax on in the middle of the water. The water was so clear out there, like tap water.
There are lots of conch shells around CC. But this was the first one that was alive. So exciting.
We just LOVED the sandbar out there. So much fun to sit out there in the ocean and the water is only a few inches high.
The water is extremely clear. I have that thing, that I will only get into water if I can see my toes - and I surely can see them at CC.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:43 AM   #1418
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri1 View Post
You had a wonderful relaxing day on CC!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
It was an awesome day! Looking forward to some more just like that one this summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
You are killing me!!!!
I really want to be there right now!!!!
See, that's how I feel whenever I go to your threads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
What an amazing time in the water! I envy you because I would never have dared to go out so far. I am not a good swimmer and I wouldn't want to risk being stuck out in water too deep for me.

Love the adult drinks... and SO cool that you got to have two for the prince of one. Definitely a cleaver host to get wait and get them at special!
The adult beach is just wonderful, Ann. And even with your fear of being stuck out there, you would love that bank. There is NO need to swim, the water is pretty shallow and even when the tide was high I could mostly reach the ground.

I could not believe that he would actually wait for Happy Hour to start until he got the order in. He was really a sweetheart. And, well, we did tip him well, too! :rotfl2
:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieHowie View Post
What a beautiful and relaxing day on Castaway Cay. I wish I was there now and I would love to have a Konk Kooler.
It was an awesome day! And we had another one just like this to come. Oh, and I always have at least one Konk Kooler in your honour, Elaine!
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 07-15-2013, 03:07 AM   #1419
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 18, August 28

Another day in paradise - Part 4

But as soon as we opened the back door, our host, who must have been waiting behind the Cabanas was there with his golf cart to drive us towards the tram.
He asked if we had enjoyed our stay and the Cabanas and we had a short conversation which ended in the question if he would be Cabana host during the next cruise as well. He said that he was pretty sure he was and we assured him that we would be back.
I donít think he really understood as he wished us a nice trip home. The tram was already waiting and we just got on, changed trams at the end of the runway

and were back at the ship in no time.

We hiked up to the front gangway,

got in line to get back on and were back on board within a few minutes. Back in our stateroom we took nice long hot showers and then sat outside on the veranda to see the DREAM pull out.

Once we were out on the open seas again, we went up to the pooldeck to pick up an afternoon snack.
I picked a

Bacon, Brie, and Tomato Panini, while Tom got another

Hot Dog. We sat close to the adult area and enjoyed our afternoon snack. Once we were done, Tom was toying with the idea of a slice of pizza and since he was already going to get some, he was kind enough to pick one up for me as well, so we both enjoyed a slice of

Peperoni Pizza instead of dessert. And after all that food we were craving some coffee and since the Cove Cafť was just around the corner, this is where we headed. There were not many people around at that time as it was close to the first show and close to the first dinner seating. Tom tried the

Espresso Martini, Absolut vanilla, Godiva chocolate liqueur, Frangelico and Espresso, while I ordered the

Frozen Cappuccino, 1/3 espresso blended with vanilla ice cream. We sat there and people watched and enjoyed the drinks and time just flew by. We walked around the ship a bit afterwards and then returned to our stateroom to rest a little before dinner.
We were actually a little late for dinner that day, as we had met Oana outside our stateroom who had started taking luggage to the holding area. We were pretty pleased that we would not have to get off the next day and that the stress of packing would only come our way four days later. When we arrived at the restaurant most of the tables around us had already been seated.

Our server team was quickly on hand to ask about drinks and we stuck with the usual, Diet Cokes. Our dining room server wanted to know where we had been the two nights prior and we had to tell him that we had enjoyed dinner at Palo and Remy. He then went on to ask if we trusted him enough to let HIM make the decision on what we would order.
Well, why not. So while he went to get our starters we sampled the bread of the evening,

Six Grain Country Bread, with

Caramelized Onions and Sun-dried Tomato Dip. It was pretty good but we wanted to leave room for whatever our server would get for us. When he returned he brought out three plates for two people. He put the

Artichoke, Spinach and Jalapeno Cheese Dip, with triangles of crispy pita bread in the middle for us to share, then handed Tom the

Chilled Seafood Medley, Lemon shrimp, smoked salmon tartare and marinated bay scallops, before he placed the

Sesame Crusted Tuna Sashimi, Wakame Salad and American Caviar, with pickled ginger wasabi and soy sauce in front of me.
We were stunned and quickly declined when he asked if we wanted to sample the soups and salads. We actually shared all three appetizers, which were all perfectly cooked and very good.
Once we had fought our way through 3 appetizers we were hoping for only two main courses. But when the server returned he was carrying three plates again.
This time he put a plate of the

Yachtsman Steakhouse Center Cut Grilled Beef Tenderloin, served with William potatoes, asparagus spears, baby vegetables and bearnaise sauce in front of each of us and put the

Seafood Linguini Pasta, Lobster, scallops, shrimp, clams and asparagus-white wine sauce in the middle to share.
We were really torn, as the tenderloin was melt in your mouth tender, but the pasta dish was pretty darn good too. So we kept picking from both plates. Then it was finally time for dessert and we both thought about skipping it, but there was no way around it, our server insisted on us having dessert.
We knew we were in for dessert overload and told him to just get one or no more than two. Well, you guessed it, he brought out three again. He put all three,

the Baked Alaska, served with ice cream loaf, sponge cake and meringue, the

Celebration Cake, Layers of cheesecake covered with strawberries embedded in rich vanilla cream and glazed with white chocolate and the

Chocolate Decadence, chocolate brownie topped with rich chocolate mousse, topped with ganache and a tiramisu shooter. It was such a shame as we were only able to eat about half of each dessert, but we were so stuffed.
Once we could not eat any more our server seemed to be happy and told us about breakfast the next morning. We reminded him that we would stay on for another cruise and that he was going to see us again.
Then it was time to say good night, as they were already setting the tables for the next morning. We headed back to our stateroom,

changed into very comfortable clothes and headed on deck.

To be continued ............

Old 07-15-2013, 07:56 AM   #1420
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Wow 3 dishes for you for each course !!! They all looked fabulous !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:45 AM   #1421
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Awesome food pics!
Old 07-15-2013, 04:32 PM   #1422
HowieHowie
Mouseketeer

Frozen Cappucciono, Grilled Beef Tenderlion, and all those desserts...makes my dinner look unedible.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:40 PM   #1423
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Hi Karin!

What a fabulous meal at Remy! Pods and I are planning to try it for the first time this next cruise on the Fantasy- we will eat anything (well, Pods doesn't like melon or bananas) so I am REALLY excited about it! I also love that you put yourselves in your server's hands for dinner- I love doing that, nice to be surprised!

Nice sandbar out there on CC! So do you always get the cabana? I'm thinking we may try it with Tom and Evie and hopefully Joan and Peter when we go next fall. Evie doesn't do well in the sun, she might really enjoy that-

Sorry I have been so MIA- still in so much baseball! The only reason I am not at one of their games is because I couldn't find a sitter for Sean tonight. But that's ok- there's always tomorrow...or Wednesday...or Thursday...or Friday...
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:53 PM   #1424
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Are all those items on the menu? They look good, but I don't remember seeing them. I guess I need to cruise again to see if they are.

We had that on the magic. one night our servers brought out extra dishes and desserts for us to try too. It was kind of fun.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:00 PM   #1425
michelle9343
DIS Veteran

All I can say is I am really hungry now
Disney Dream Aug 24th 2012
michelle9343 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: