Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-15-2013, 05:28 PM   #3706
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept
 
black562's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,196

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipotec View Post
Yes this is correct, i just called.

CM also stated PIN's are out for these dates but my Mickey Mailbox did not yet have a PIN. (So what else is new)

They stated that they would split the ressie into two separate stays.

Stay one would be a normal (rack rate) or room discount rate, for the days you stay before the FD dates. They second ressie would start at the FD dates and last through the rest of the trip.

That puts most of our trip in the FD stay, and since its a Deluxe you get DDP and we never use all our credits unless we do room service or a bunch of double credit ressies.....

Wonder if anyone has done this before...... CM stated we might have to change rooms .... Or even resorts.....
Hopefully you won't have to change rooms. People do split stays frequently. Remember, only your checkin night has to be in the free dining time period. You could checkin on the last day of the free dining offer and it would extend for your entire trip.
__________________
Joe
1973-1994 - Off Site | 1995 - Carribbean Beach, All Star Music, Beach Club | 1996 - Dixie Landings
1997 - Off Site
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs



black562 is offline  
Old 07-15-2013, 06:23 PM   #3707
serene56
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4,325

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollybug2 View Post
Yes they were. We had a lovely one 12/10-15 with free dining.
which will not be included this year because of Pop Warner
__________________
Epcot passports -ebay- Joephila1
serene56 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-15-2013, 06:29 PM   #3708
serene56
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4,325

I am trying to wrap myhead around "free" dining.

been doing some math here. Considering a split stay at Pop Century to get Free Dining at the end of our stay.

To get Free Dining it will cost me 385 more for my stay then if I didnt get that.

how is this free and maybe I am calculating it wrong?
__________________
Epcot passports -ebay- Joephila1
serene56 is offline  
Old 07-15-2013, 06:33 PM   #3709
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 11,631

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
I am trying to wrap myhead around "free" dining.

been doing some math here. Considering a split stay at Pop Century to get Free Dining at the end of our stay.

To get Free Dining it will cost me 385 more for my stay then if I didnt get that.

how is this free and maybe I am calculating it wrong?
What are your dates?
smitch425 is offline  
Old 07-15-2013, 06:50 PM   #3710
mollybug2
Mouseketeer
 
mollybug2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 245

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post

which will not be included this year because of Pop Warner
Right! Just saying garden view rooms at POFQ were offered for last years FD promo. Of course not during Pop Warner dates.
__________________
Molly

mollybug2 is offline  
Old 07-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #3711
serene56
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4,325

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
What are your dates?
Dec 8 thru 15
__________________
Epcot passports -ebay- Joephila1
serene56 is offline  
Old 07-15-2013, 09:46 PM   #3712
raeolight
Ears to the ground Eyes to the Castle
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Joplin, MO
Posts: 27

Those were the dates that I was given when we got our postcard promo.
raeolight is offline  
Old 07-15-2013, 09:51 PM   #3713
raeolight
Ears to the ground Eyes to the Castle
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Joplin, MO
Posts: 27

Also we're getting there on the tenth so we had to split. Why they couldn't just give us Sunday is beyond me lol but they would rather not make u switch rooms because its more work for them.
raeolight is offline  
Old 07-15-2013, 09:58 PM   #3714
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 11,631

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
Dec 8 thru 15
I don't think it would benefit you at all to do FD for any part of your stay. Even with a split stay you would need two sets of tickets in order to go to the parks everyday. I would hold out for the room discount and see if it covers your stay. Good luck!
smitch425 is offline  
Old 07-15-2013, 09:59 PM   #3715
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran
 
su_A_ve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,097

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
I am trying to wrap myhead around "free" dining.

been doing some math here. Considering a split stay at Pop Century to get Free Dining at the end of our stay.

To get Free Dining it will cost me 385 more for my stay then if I didnt get that.

how is this free and maybe I am calculating it wrong?
How are you calculating? Do you have a RO discount? If so, it typically is only good for 15% for a value. Your first part of the split is a room only reservation, no dining, no tickets. The second part of the split is FD with tickets for the whole stay (including first part). Note however that you can get your tickets from the second split up to 3 days ahead. How you would do it is:

* First split of stay (up to 3 days), make a ROOM ONLY reservation
* Second split of your stay, make a FD package reservation, including tickets for the whole stay

Your first spit can have a room only discount. It can be more than 3 days, but you will not be able to get the tickets from the second split until 3 days prior.

If you are getting tickets on your first part, is not worth it more than likely, since your second spit will require a minimum 2 day ticket. You could save those tickets for another time and simply expand the tickets of the first split.

Hope this helps.

NOTE - Just saw your dates - 8-15. Might not be worth it as your second part needs to start on the 12th. You need a RO ressie from 8-12 (4n) and an FD package ressie for 12-15 (3n) but 7 day tickets (9-15). You would only be able to get the tickets from the second part on the 9th (3 days before). You would have to pay OOP for dining on the first part and you would only have 3n dining starting on the 12th. Also, since you are staying at POP it would be quick service dining only. You would need to upgrade to basic for sit down meals.

If you arrive late on the 8th or not plan on going to the parks, then worth it.
__________________
'77, '84, '94, '00 (SWW) - Off site
'01 (BC), '03 (ASMu), '05 (BC), '06 (YC), '08 (YC), '08 (CSR Xmas),
'09 (CSR), '10 (BC), '10 (CSR Xmas), '11 (BC), '11 (CSR), '12 (5n Dream DD),
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline  
Old 07-16-2013, 07:19 AM   #3716
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!
 
TheRatPack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 5,346

Split Stay:
You can't use your dining credits prior to the start date of your FDing reservation, correct? You *might be able to pick up your tickets early but not dining...right? We like to eat at a nice restaurant the night we check in, but it'll be 1 day prior to our FDing reservation so I'm trying to think if we still want to do that......it's awful expensive OOP.
__________________

TheRatPack is offline  
Old 07-16-2013, 07:21 AM   #3717
darrengs
DIS Veteran
 
darrengs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 820

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRatPack View Post
Split Stay:
You can't use your dining credits prior to the start date of your FDing reservation, correct? You *might be able to pick up your tickets early but not dining...right? We like to eat at a nice restaurant the night we check in, but it'll be 1 day prior to our FDing reservation so I'm trying to think if we still want to do that......it's awful expensive OOP.
That is correct.
__________________
Darren

darrengs is offline  
Old 07-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #3718
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r
 
Sylkie31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Posts: 509

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
How are you calculating? Do you have a RO discount? If so, it typically is only good for 15% for a value. Your first part of the split is a room only reservation, no dining, no tickets. The second part of the split is FD with tickets for the whole stay (including first part). Note however that you can get your tickets from the second split up to 3 days ahead. How you would do it is:

* First split of stay (up to 3 days), make a ROOM ONLY reservation
* Second split of your stay, make a FD package reservation, including tickets for the whole stay

Your first spit can have a room only discount. It can be more than 3 days, but you will not be able to get the tickets from the second split until 3 days prior.

If you are getting tickets on your first part, is not worth it more than likely, since your second spit will require a minimum 2 day ticket. You could save those tickets for another time and simply expand the tickets of the first split.

Hope this helps.

NOTE - Just saw your dates - 8-15. Might not be worth it as your second part needs to start on the 12th. You need a RO ressie from 8-12 (4n) and an FD package ressie for 12-15 (3n) but 7 day tickets (9-15). You would only be able to get the tickets from the second part on the 9th (3 days before). You would have to pay OOP for dining on the first part and you would only have 3n dining starting on the 12th. Also, since you are staying at POP it would be quick service dining only. You would need to upgrade to basic for sit down meals.

If you arrive late on the 8th or not plan on going to the parks, then worth it.
The FD promo requires only a 2-day base ticket per person and a 3-night minimum stay.
For the non-FD part of your split stay, you could possibly get a room discount, add park tickets and pay for dining plan. Whether it's worth it or not depends on what you're planning to do (i.e. how many days you'll need park tickets & dining plans), how many adults & children and any other add-ons you're considering. Basically, try pricing your vacation with the split stay and without it to see which works out better for you. Good luck!
__________________



Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline  
Old 07-16-2013, 03:03 PM   #3719
kcwiak
Mouseketeer
 
kcwiak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 243

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeschoolmomof4 View Post
It was on the TA site in response to the many TA questions and comments. If the request for a refrigerator cannot be accommodated, the manager will be called and an offer of a room credit of $15 per room per night will be extended. This is ONLY if a refrigerator cannot be provided and the vacationer has requested one.
Nice I told DH about the fridge issue and he said he wanted a credit and I told him there was no way Disney would credit us. Nice to know I am SOMETIMES wrong.
__________________

Sept 2013 - 10 day Family Trip
Jan 2011 - 7 day Family Trip
1990-1998 - 50+ day and/or multi day trips
kcwiak is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: