Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #31
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

haha, I started listening to Disney music on my way to summer school too! I leave one month from tomorrow!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:07 PM   #32
Happy Duck
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
haha, I started listening to Disney music on my way to summer school too! I leave one month from tomorrow!
Awesome! I have a bunch of the compilation CDs and while a lot of the music is "current", there are some odd balls in there. I'll go from "Hakuna Matata" to some random thing. I heard a crazy song about colors today. No idea what it is from!

ONE MONTH!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAY! At this moment, I'm at 29 days.

The Wilderness Must be Explored (for 15 days!)- A Mother/Daughter Trip!

April 2013 Trip Report: It's EXHILARATING in the BIG BLUE WORLD!
Happy Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2013, 10:32 PM   #33
Happy Duck
Mouseketeer

Before I get on to Tuesday, I forgot a tiny detail about Monday night! Actually, after leaving Epcot, I think we might go to Hollywood Studios! There are late EMH until MIDNIGHT. Obviously, Toy Story Mania will be hard to come by, but I am sure we could have a bit of fun!

Now, on to our originally scheduled programming...

Plans for Tuesday, August 13th

Regardless of when we go to sleep, we have to be up early today! We'll need to leave for the bus around 7:15 to be on the safe side. We have a very important breakfast this morning!

Leaving at 7:15 AM???? Who in their right mind is ready and raring to go that early in the morning?!?!? Well, if I am at home, definitely not me. However, at Disney I am the first one through the door!

Are we going to Magic Kingdom? Epcot? Animal Kingdom?

If you guessed Animal Kingdom- you are right! We are going to eat breakfast with Donald and the gang at Tusker House!

What a delicious place to eat. They have the BEST Mickey waffles there. So much lighter and fluffier than other places.

Our breakfast is scheduled for 8:05, which is awesome because the park doesn't open until 9. We'll have a nice leisurely walk through the Oasis and back to Africa.

After a wonderful breakfast, I'm sure our first stop will be Everest and then the Safari. Or the Safari and then Everest!

Well, maybe we will Conquer the Yeti and then Hear the Lion Roar. Or listen to the Sounds of the Jungle and then Climb the Mountain!

We might catch a show or two, and we'll definitely spend some time with the tigers and gorillas!

Festival of the Lion King is always a must do, but Mama hasn't seen Nemo yet. And I cannot wait to see it again! IN THE BIG BLUE WORLD!!!! (That song even inspired my last TR!) It is so cute and the singing is superb, the story is so fun, and I just have to see it!

Okay, so maybe I've made up my mind. Now I just have to see what the Mama says. I guess her opinion matters too

Thank you for your consideration.

We'll probably stop for lunch on the way back to POFQ for a pool break. I predict either Flame Tree Barbeque or Yak and Yeti counter service. It is going to be so difficult to just walk by Yak and Yeti with those wonderful wontons. I wonder if we could just stop in there for dessert...

I am a big fan of Chinese/Asian food. There are so many flavors of joy that burst in your mouth! And now there is the Tale of Fried Wontons to add to my delight! I see some Yak for lunch in my future..... as well as some Good Ol BBQ on another day.

After a dip in the pool, we'll get ready for our evening park- Hollywood Studios

Now, I know that we probably won't be riding Toy Story Mania. It will be too late and FPs will be gone. And I will not wait in a ridiculous long line. I've pretty well resigned myself to that fact. But there are plenty of other attractions that require our attention--- such as the Tower of Terror! And, oh yeah, Tower of Terror. (And maybe, just one more time, the Tower of Terror!) Nope. No obsession here.

Mama's also never been on the Great Movie Ride, so we'll probably take a tour through the movies.

Sadly, we won't be visiting any Muppets in 3D. It is scheduled to be closed during our ENTIRE vacation It should be a crime. I need my Muppets!!!!!

I'm sure we'll take a ride on an extra long stretch limo and take a few more trips in that old service elevator.

Soon, we'll be heading over to Fantasmic!

There is a show at 9 and a show at 10:30. If we go to the 9pm, we'll probably enjoy a few rides after the show before heading out. (The Tower again, perhaps? See a pattern here??) If we go to the late one, obviously we'll be leaving right after.

Shows and Rides and Mickey, OH MY!

So after 3 full days in the parks (plus .5 at the hotel), we will have been to all major parks!!! And had 3 awesome table service meals!!! With 11 more days to go!!!

COUNTDOWN IS AT 28 DAYS PEOPLE!!!!

Next Post

Last edited by Happy Duck; 07-15-2013 at 08:38 PM.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:12 AM   #34
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Hmmm, yeah getting up early at Disney is surprisingly easy. I completely agree ladies.

Everest... I hear that's pretty good.

Flame Tree or Yak & Yeti... either is a great choice.

And you can't complain with ending a day with Fantasmic!
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 05:24 PM   #35
Happy Duck
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Hmmm, yeah getting up early at Disney is surprisingly easy. I completely agree ladies.

Everest... I hear that's pretty good.

Flame Tree or Yak & Yeti... either is a great choice.

And you can't complain with ending a day with Fantasmic!

Not kidding. One time I woke up for work and thought to myself, "If I just pretendlike I am going to the Magic Kingdom, I would suddenly have so much energy!" It worked for all of .2 seconds, when I realized that imagination does not in fact turn into real life. Although I do think that Disney provides an excellent destination for daydreams

Everest is pretty good? Nah. You're kidding. You don't like Everest at all.

I believe we'll wind up at some version of Yak and Yeti. Luckily, it's usually a good one for a lunch walk up!

Not at all! Our plan is to hit all of the night time shows early in the trip, that way we can choose to watch or ride the rest of the time.

Thanks for reading! I'm off to read your TR updates next.....

Last edited by Happy Duck; 07-14-2013 at 06:14 PM.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:37 PM   #36
Happy Duck
Mouseketeer

Plans for Wednesday, August 14th

TODAY IS THE DAY! It is the day I finally get the keys. The KEYS TO THE KINGDOM! We are going on the backstage tour of Magic Kingdom!!!

My son/Lauren's brother had given us some "Disney spending money" for Christmas. This is what we decided to spend it on! He said to pick something SPECIAL and I do believe the KEYS will be SPECTACULAR!

This was a recent addition to our schedule. I had always thought about doing a tour but wasn't sure. Would it be worth it "losing" park time? Would I think it was worth the money? Did I really want to see backstage at Disney? Would it ruin the magic?

Well, after a lot of wondering and thinking, I happened to read a trip report that included a Keys to the Kingdom tour. And it looked like so much fun! So it is really Rob's (DisneyKid4Life) fault that we are going on this adventure!

Our tour starts at 9:30, so we'll have a nice leisurely morning. I think we'll stop for breakfast at POFQ at around 7:45 and head to the buses soon after. We don't want to be late!

Our lunch is included in the tour and will be at Columbia Harbor House. That's great because it is a restaurant that neither of us have been too!

I recently found out that the 2nd level of CHH tends to be less crowded -- just a little "dining tip" for anyone else that may not know....

After the tour, we'll head back to the pool. I think we'll need it after all of the walking! (It is August after all!)

Or perhaps a nap since the tour is 5 hours long -- gonna need a little bit of energy for the rest of the day

After getting sufficiently refreshed, we're heading back to Magic Kingdom for a very fun evening! Since this is our 2nd time at Magic Kingdom, I'm assuming we'll hit a few favorites along with a few new attractions. We'll be bringing along a checklist of all of the attractions and our goal is to hit every single one! EVEN the Country Bears.

Don't want anyone to be upset - - I know plenty of people that LOVE those bears. I don't think I will be one of them. Last time I saw them was in 2002 and they did not make the top 10... or 20.... or 30......

Unfortunately, we will not be visiting the birds at the Tiki Room. Apparently, they are starting their migration a bit early---aka refurb

The Magic Kingdom is open until 11pm, but we will be leaving around 8:30. Why you ask? We are meeting some friends for dinner----some MOUSE FRIENDS!

Rumor has it that Minnie Mouse is expecting me for dinner. A little mouse friend also let it slip that she is hoping for our picture to be taken together. I guess I should oblige. Wouldn't want to break her sweet little heart, would I?

We are dining at Chef Mickey's at 9:00! Yummmmmmmy. We've been to Chef Mickey's for breakfast, but not yet for dinner. I'm looking forward to the Mickeyroni and Cheese, the ravioli, the potatoes, and the desserts!!! YAY CARBS!

After dinner, we'll head back for some sleep and rest up for another fun day!

Next Post

Last edited by Happy Duck; 07-19-2013 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #37
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Bahahaha... YES!!!! I will take full responsibility for the awesome time you have on this tour. So glad you decided to do it. There will be no magic ruined. Plus, it looks to be basically free. Try to take advantage of early entry if you can. It's so worth it to see the park virtually empty. Ahh I'm excited for you both.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:39 PM   #38
Happy Duck
Mouseketeer

Guess what???? Today had to make additional room on my planning schedules....for ADDITIONAL RESERVATIONS!!!!!

CAN YOU GUESS WHICH KIND OF RESERVATIONS THEY ARE??????????

SOOOOOOO EXCITED. FREAKING OUT. CRAZINESS ENSUING!!!!!!!

Old 07-19-2013, 05:37 PM   #39
Happy Duck
Mouseketeer

Plans for Thursday, August 15th

It is our 5th morning waking up in Disney. So far, our plans have included character dinners, a character breakfast, a tour, and lots of pixie dust!

Today, we focus on the World...that is, World Showcase!

Hmmm...I wonder which countries we will decide to visit today? We would have already seen three or four on Monday, so we'll probably do the same number today. I LOVE HAVING TIME. Time is amazing when it is on your side!

Everybody sing... "If I could save time in a bottle.... "

Time is even better when it is not coupled with an arrival of the not-so-magical express envelope. You know the one I mean. The one that tells you that it is time to go....Nope. Not even going to say it! Too sad.

Why in the world would you even mention that?!?!? Now I just feel depressed!
BUT WAIT! We DO HAVE TIME! LOTS OF TIME! MORE TIME than we EVER HAD HERE!!!!!
oops. sorry. got carried away.
We now return to your regularly scheduled trip report.

After breakfast at Sunshine Seasons (is there anywhere else to get breakfast at Epcot???) we'll enjoy a few Future World attractions that we've never seen before. Maybe Living with the Land or Figment? Or (dare I say it) Captain EO?

Around 11, we'll head into World Showcase!

I JUST REMEMBERED. I have to find the fountain that Vicky was sitting on when Danny ALMOST proposed. (Full House for those of you who didn't grow up in the 90's) Does it actually exist??? Tell me it does. That would be so awesome!

And I want to dance with these random people.

Anyway.

We're off to Italy for lunch at Via Napoli! Right now, I'm planning on having some pizza. What kind of pizza, I have no idea. Any suggestions? (With full knowledge that there is a good chance that I'll end up changing my mind to spaghetti or something.)

Italian food is soooooooo good! Lasagna and manicotti and stuffed shells and garlic bread and cheeses galore! My mouth is watering as I type this. Can someone wipe the drool from my mouth please? thanks.

And, you know, I'll enjoy the scenery and architecture. Of the restaurant, of course.

Lunch is at 11:30, so we'll have plenty of World Showcase touring time afterwards.

And we HAVE to share our lunch here or you will see Lauren rolling me around the world!

Since Epcot is our only plan for the day, and we have no dinner reservations, we can head back to POFQ or to Downtown Disney at our leisure.

Dinner will probably be somewhere in World Showcase. We don't have a dinner reservation, so most likely a counter service. Hmmm.....decisions, decisions. Can't I just have school bread with a side of Kaki Gori for dinner? That's well balanced, right?

Schoolbread has gotten quite the reputation on these here DIS boards. I really hope it lives up to the hype. But then again; custard and pastry and coconut -- what's not to love?

I'm sure we would have seen Illuminations on Monday, so I don't know if we'll stick around to watch it tonight. More Future World, perhaps? Or a late night swim? Or late night DTD? It's crazy when 9pm seems like an EARLY night. I have this irrational need to find something else to fill that time!

This from the girl that is currently playing with the schedule on our second week saying 10:30 is too early to be at Animal Kingdom. TOO EARLY? I am having serious issues not trying to go crazy commando Minnie Momma and the Duck is on a mission to lay like broccoli (Pretty Woman reference) and veg out. What is this trip coming to?!?!??!?!?!?

***Ummm. Let's play a game. On Morning Eleven, who thinks Lauren will be up at the crack of dawn, after being out to HS until 12pm the night before? "Lay like broccoli" I do NOT!***

Next Post

Last edited by Happy Duck; 07-19-2013 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:40 PM   #40
Happy Duck
Mouseketeer

Plans for Friday, August 16th

I could say many things about today. I could say that we are going to the movies. I could say that I have reservations at the Hollywood Tower Hotel. I might even say that it is a time for a trip down Sunset Blvd.

And while all of those might be true, that is not my purpose for waking up in Disney this Friday morning. There is one reason. Only one. And that reason would be:

TOY STORY MANIA!

It is every parents hope for their children that they would have goals in their lives -- counting, reading, writing, graduating and getting TSM FPs!

Our previous trips to Hollywood Studios were scheduled for the evening, guaranteeing that Toy Story Mania would have been a no-go. This morning, we are off to Hollywood bright and early! TOY STORY HERE I COME!

We'll arrive for rope-drop around 8:30, walk with purpose to the fastpass machines, and hop in the stand-by line! I'm ready to break those plates!

After that, we'll head across the street to meet Woody and Buzz! The last time I met Woody, he wanted to put me in jail for wanting to pull his string!!! Hmmm...I wonder if I can ask him to put Mama in jail. I wonder what he'd do...

HOLD IT!!!!! Why in the world do you want to see me in jail?!?!?

Go ahead. I dare ya.

I'm assuming that our FP return time will be up soon after that! Yay! MORE MANIA!

After thoroughly enjoying Pixar Place, it is time for breakfast. But not just any breakfast. Maybe a cupcake? From the one and only Starring Rolls! We should be sensible and also split a "normal" breakfast food.

Nah.

After filling our tummies, I think we'll see a show. I've never seen Indiana Jones, and I haven't seen Beauty and the Beast in quite awhile.

Will Steve (from Full House) being playing the part of Indiana Jones? And will Gaston ever figure out that Belle isn't interested? Stay tuned for these exciting conclusions and more!

Lunch time is at 11:45 today. We'll be dining at Sci-Fi!

This is one of those restaurants that (thanks to the Disboards) we know exactly what to order. A milkshake a piece, splitting both the spinach and artichoke dip and the onion rings. Sounds DELICIOUS.

Two words. Cheese fries.

After Sci-Fi, we'll enjoy more of Hollywood Studios. I'm assuming we'll take another ride on TSM with Fastpass.

Towards the evening, we might head back to POFQ or we might stay at Hollywood until it is time to go to dinner!

Tonight, we dine with royalty at-----

We'll be dining in grand style at 8:00. I'm most excited about meeting the stepsisters. Since I am a music teacher, I might ask Drizella if I can give her a singing lesson!

One of my favorite Disney movies is Cinderella and I LOVE the mice, Jack and Gus Gus. The evil stepsisters are a whole other matter. They are meanie faces just like their Mother. I picture myself sticking my tongue out at them. Unless I come up with something else to show my displeasure......

Magic Kingdom is open until 11pm, so we might head over to see Wishes, ride a few things, or simply enjoy Main Street. Ahhhh.....It sounds so peaceful! Princesses, fireworks. MAGIC.

Next Post

Last edited by Happy Duck; 07-27-2013 at 06:25 PM.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:26 AM   #41
Minnie Momma
Mouseketeer

On your mark, get set......

ONLY 3 WEEKS UNTIL WE SET FOOT ON DISNEY PROPERTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:

Me? Excited? Whatever do you mean?

The Wilderness Must Be Explored (for 15 days!)- A Mother/Daughter Trip!
Minnie Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:11 PM   #42
Happy Duck
Mouseketeer

Plans for Saturday, August 17th

Today is Animal Kingdom Day. In just about every sense of the word. Literally, it would be difficult to have a day more centered around this area of Disney property.

This is going to be an EXCELLENT ANIMALRIFIC DAY! Not only do we get to look at all the various animals in so many different ways -- we are going to climb a mountain and face a Yeti! And the food will reflect the flavors of the region which is a wonderful way to bring it all together. I think AK is an under-rated park.

After breakfasting at Sassy's, we'll get a bus to Animal Kingdom. I've never seen any kind of rope drop "show" at Animal Kingdom, so I'm hoping that we make it in time to see something. I don't think there is an actual show, but hopefully there are a few characters waiting to welcome us! And if not, we get to walk into the park behind a rope, and watch it drop. Goody!

The park opens at 9, and honestly, I don't know what our first destination will be! We would have already been on the Safari and Everest, so maybe we'll head over to the animal trails to see some early risers? It depends on what we are in the mood for.

Around 11:00, we'll head out to get a bus--- to Animal Kingdom Lodge! Actually, we are really headed to Kidani Village! I am super excited to visit this resort. The pictures are amazing!

Most people forget - me included - that the resorts have some great restaurants to choose from. Well, with the Duck's guidance we are visiting different resorts with the sole purpose of feeding the Rumblies in our Tummies.

We have a Sanaa reservation at 12pm. I'm looking for some good Indian inspired food! Yummmmmy. It should be a fairly light meal. Probably just a meat dish with some basmati rice. And mango lassi. mmmmmmmmm.

Indian food was never high on my list of cuisine choices because I assumed it was all hot and spicy. There is a lot of flavor packed into each bite. And if it is too spicy, it can be toned down with some yogurt. Delicious!

After lunch, we might explore for a bit before heading back to Animal Kingdom! You didn't think we were done yet, did you?

We'll spend the day doing whatever we please. Maybe a show or two, many rides. I know DINOSAUR, Expedition Everest, and Primeval Whirl will definitely be on the agenda. At least twice!

Of course, we will visit the most important Princess of them all! POCAHONTAS! (I had a dream a few nights ago that I met her and gave her a hug. It was perfect.)

Pocahontas is on the TV as we speak. Grandmother Willow is so wise and powerful!

Around 3:15/3:30, we'll grab a snack and find a spot to watch the parade! I have NEVER seen the parade and I am so excited! I've seen pictures and it looks amazing. So much detail!

Does anyone know the BEST place to watch the parade? We want to be able to catch every smidgen of excitement!

After the parade, we'll enjoy basically a free reign of the park, since most everyone seems to leave soon after. The plan is to stay through closing so I'm sure we'll have plenty of fun. Also, we're very excited to see Animal Kingdom at "night". Animal Kingdom has always been a morning park for us. Not that we don't like it, in fact we LOVE it, but we usually tackle it over a few days instead of staying for one long day.

At closing (7pm) we'll head to the buses. And BACK to Animal Kingdom lodge! I am super excited to step foot in this resort again. It was my very first resort on my very first trip ever when I was 12! I think it will be amazing to be back.

Funny story. My Dad planned our first trip to Disney. He picked Animal Kingdom Lodge just because he thought it was cool. He didn't have any idea about Value/Moderate/Deluxe. He just chose it. My present day brain is thinking....if you had gone with a Value or Moderate, could we have stayed longer????

That trip was so enjoyable with our family. Daddy Duck planned it all and at that time in our lives we had no idea about all the information available here and the planning resources to be utilized. AKL was chosen "because I thought the kids would enjoy the animals." And we even got pixie-dusted with a room upgrade. Giraffes could be seen every day from our balcony. And that was the supposedly a once in a lifetime trip for us. Little did we know....

Why are we going to Animal Kingdom lodge? Well, we have dinner reservations at Jiko! Before heading in to our signature dining experience, we'll probably change into something a little more sophisticated than our park attire.

This was one of those reservations that was an "eh" for Mama and a MUST-DO for me. I've seen so many reviews and I just can't wait to try so many unique flavors!

After our lovely dinner, we'll head back to the hotel to PACK. Yes. Pack. How dare I utter such a horrific word!

Don't worry though. Breathe. It will be alright!

Because tomorrow we are heading to the Yacht Club, and a whole new set of adventures!

If you know anything about the next MyMagic+ test, you'll know that we are staying at an eligible resort! Our FP+ reservations are made, our colors are chosen, and we are ready to be techie guinea pigs. Keep reading to hear more about our FP+ adventures!!!

Next Post

Last edited by Happy Duck; 07-27-2013 at 06:26 PM.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:32 PM   #43
Happy Duck
Mouseketeer

Plans for Sunday, August 18th

It's MOVING DAY! It's MOVING DAY!

It is our last morning at French Quarter, because we are off to the Yacht Club!

So happy to go to a new-to-me resort. So sad to say good-bye to our Home Resort. Such conflicting emotions!

(That's right! If you've been keeping track, we will be staying at a Value, Moderate, and Deluxe during our stay!)

Our plan is to wake up without an alarm, as this is supposed to be our "easy" day.

Our first stop will be a quick breakfast at Sassy's. Then, we'll settle our room bill (hopefully without passing out) and arrange the transfer of our luggage via bell services. So helpful!

After that, we'll get a bus to Epcot. Once there, we'll walk though Future World-resisting the urge to ride anything-and head out through the International Gateway. Soon, we'll be arriving at the Yacht Club!

I know that we may not have our room available yet, but we are going to check-in as soon as possible! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! It is going to be a VERY exciting check-in process. We are getting MAGICBANDS!!!!

Gotta love being one of the first (10,000 or so) people to try a new technology. A bit exciting, but a bit scary. Love things when they work and hate them when they don't.

Since we will be away before our trip, I had them shipped directly to the Yacht Club, so theoretically, they should be waiting for us when we arrive! I chose a pink magicband and Mama chose red. I can't wait to see them and try them on!

I really hope they are comfortable. Sometimes the bracelets you get at other parks/fairs are a sticky mess. These bands are adjustable which is a definite plus and there are some cute covers available -- Minnie Mouse dots anyone? I love that the bracelet will work for everything. So convenient that it is always easily accessible on your wrist vs. a card tucked away. We shall see.....

(I know that not everybody is a fan, and quite frankly, I don't know if I am either. I'm super excited because we will have 1 week as "normal" and 1 week with the magicband. We'll be able to see the differences and see if it helps or hinders our park touring. Plus, I love trying new technology.)

We'll get all of the magicband information, double and triple check that our APs are linked, and get our room information. I booked a standard view. I know that usually those views aren't ideal, but hey, we're at a Deluxe. We'll deal with it gladly!

If our room is ready, I'm sure we'll head there to check it out. We won't have our luggage yet, but it will be awesome to see the room! If the room isn't available yet, I'm sure we'll find somewhere to relax.

Hmmmmm....I wonder if we should bring our suits with us and spend the morning at Stormalong Bay?? Lunch by the pool, perhaps??

Loving the idea of a mini waterpark at my resort! Why spend time traveling to another park when you can head downstairs?! (Thank you Bounce Back offer!)

Around 1:30-1:45, we'll get ready to go the Magic Kingdom!

Since today is our easy day, originally, we weren't supposed to go to any park until evening. Well...that plan has changed. You don't think I'd waste any FP+ reservations, do you???

Since we still want it to be a relaxing day, we don't want to spend a ton of time at Magic Kingdom. I know that I want to spend time admiring all of the details that we usually miss. However, there is definitely some wild fun to be had!

We have FP+ for Big Thunder Mtn. from 1:45-2:45pm. I'm assuming we'll get there closer to 2:30. Then we are off on a cruise....the Jungle Cruise! We have FP+ 2:45-3:45pm.

Then, it's a nice leisurely walk over to Tomorrowland for Buzz, with FP+ 4-5pm. After that, it's back to Main Street to meet the Princesses, with FP+ 5-6pm.

Climbing a mountain, cruising a river, defending the universe and bowing before royalty. Yup, just an EASY day!

We should be meeting Princess around 5:30, because we should be leaving the Magic Kingdom around 5:45.

It is time for a Monorail trip! We're off to dinner at 'Ohana at 6:30!

I am so excited for this food! I've seen so many pictures of all of the noodles, pot stickers, meat, and DESSERT! Oh my. It's going to be so good. Plus, I get a lei!

My tummy is smiling --- if that is at all possible....

After dinner, we'll head back to the Magic Kingdom because it is open until 1am! (See? This is why we had an easy morning. NO SLEEPING!)

After staying until the wee hours at the Magic Kingdom, it's back to the Yacht Club we go. Hopefully our luggage will be waiting in our room so that we can unpack quickly and head off to sleep. We have more MagicBand fun scheduled for tomorrow!!!

Next Post

Last edited by Happy Duck; 07-27-2013 at 06:27 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:56 PM   #44
Minnie Momma
Mouseketeer

Really? Only 16 more days until we Fly the Friendly Skies to arrive at an airport in Orlando where a Chariot called the Magical Express awaits to whisk us away to a Resort of Animated Gloriousness?!?!?!?!?!??!

The Wilderness Must Be Explored (for 15 days!)- A Mother/Daughter Trip!
Minnie Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #45
Happy Duck
Mouseketeer

Plans for Monday, August 19th

It is our first morning waking up at the Yacht Club, the sun will (hopefully) be shining, and it is time to go BREAK THOSE PLATES!

After a quick breakfast, it is off to Hollywood Studios. We'll join the mad dash to Toy Story Mania, assuming we'll be able to do so, we will grab FP- for later, ride stand-by, and then ride with FP+!!! YES. THREE RIDES ON TOY STORY MANIA!

I am hoping to be able to get a decent score by this round of playing. We do own the Toy Story Mania for WII but it just isn't the same. Perhaps I should build up my muscles for all that string pulling!

After Toy Story, we might go see a show or see another attraction that we haven't yet experienced. This is our last---planned--- extended time in Hollywood Studios, so we need to make sure we see as much as we can!

Around 10:30, we'll head over for a nice, leisurely ride in an elevator courtesy of FP+!

FastPassPlus --- is it a good thing or a bad thing? Discuss.

Then it is lunch time at Mom's house! We have reservations at Prime Time for 11:20am. We're going to slyly say to our waiter/tress that we are ready to have a good time! We want ALL of the antics. Bring 'em on. I'm not afraid of a little time-out!!!!

After Lauren's "less-than-stellar" meal with Mom on her last trip I am sure we can make up for it this time. I just might have a talk with Mom/Dad/Brother/Sister/Cousin.....

After lunch, we'll have a lot more fun, ending with our Rock 'n' Rollercoaster FP+ reservation (1:20-2:20).

After that, I foresee a trip to Stormalong Bay!

I think "Stormalong" may be a bit misleading when all I can picture in my mind is a leisurely tube ride on the lazy river

Post-swim, we'll casually just stroll into Epcot!!!! THAT IS SO COOL!!!

Dinner will be had in a country of our choice and we'll have an amazing time touring the world and getting some thrills!

Epcot closes at 9, but Hollywood Studios doesn't close until midnight. If we we want to go crazy, we might head back for one or two more trips down the elevator. Or we might head to Downtown Disney. Or we might explore the Boardwalk. Or we might go swimming. OR.......... get the picture? Not a clue!

SO MANY CHOICES!!!!!

Wherever we end up, we'll have an awesome time!

Next Post

Last edited by Happy Duck; 07-27-2013 at 06:28 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: