Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #226
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Don't worry about being a bad wife. Really what else could you do? Sitting there all day long is not going to help either of you and you were there when needed.
Are things going better now since you have been home with his health then?
Old 07-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #227
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Well, you actually are a VERY good wife! Denny is very fortunate that you know as much as you do and were there to advocate for him.

I agree with all the others - maybe it was how you wrote the words, but I felt the tension and the anxiety you were feeling. I knew how it all resolved, but I was still so tense reading the update.

You did deserve to take a little time away and go eat or relax. I'm glad you did so. AND, you got some lovely pictures!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2013, 10:43 PM   #228
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

It sure was a tense time for you & Denny. It was good that you were able to get away from the hospital for awhile as you needed to have some chill time. Denny was in good hands.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 07-16-2013, 01:21 PM   #229
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Regarding Longwood - I totally agree. The conservatory is beautiful and this year I would love to try to visit earlier in the day when there are less people. I always pick a crowded time to go. It really is the best medicine for the winter blahs. Well, technically WDW is, but its a close second.

Really? OK - I need to go back and give those catfish a better look after I take some bread with me. That's to cool. The place really is gorgeous and has so much to offer.

Hmmmmm - makes me think we should do a Del/PA DISmeet there as our next location!
I agree! Yell whenever you're ready.

Quote:
When they finally let me back to see him he had already given his history and had his EKG and bloodworm checked.
Well there's yer problem right there!

Seriously though, I'm glad that there was a happy ending to this story. Great job being an advocate for Denny so that he could get the testing/treatment that he needed.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:52 PM   #230
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

How appropriate to have read this while my Dad was in for an angio. Sigh. I agree with everyone else that even knowing the outcome, doesn't make it easier to read. I think you are FINE wife. Not much you can do sitting there. If it makes you feel better my mom had dinner with a friend who was in town for just a few days last night after my dad's angio (and one new stent).

Dinner actually looked lovely and I am proud of you for taking a little time for yourself in the midst of all of that, it's how to keep sane.

Gorgeous pictures is right!
Old 07-16-2013, 05:48 PM   #231
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Add me to the list of those who, even knowing the outcome, was anxious as I read the last update. Thank goodness you insisted he go to the hospital.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-16-2013, 09:01 PM   #232
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Yes I agree, Reading it for the second time did not make me feel any less stressed.

So glad you were able to give that nurse the "what for" and speak her language to bring the cardiologist down. You get wife of the year for that alone.

Knowing he was in good hands you opted to worry elsewhere. Don't try to say you weren't. Lovely pictures but it does show that you were busying yourself while waiting.

So glad again all turned out well and I hope he is still doing well and feeling great.
Now everything else from here on out is hopefully looking better. Glad you extended the stay, he would need to take it easy and not have a long drive after that procedure right?
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK
Can't wait to go back
Old 07-17-2013, 05:40 AM   #233
Self_resqing_princz
Mouseketeer

Even though I had read about this before- I know this had to be scary. No matter how educated you are, how healthy you are, you never know when or if something like this will hit you. It's a scary situation to be in. Glad you both made it out the other side okay.

2007/2010 WL
2013- split stay POR(RS) & WL

Current PTR/TR September 2013: Doing Disney by the book... or rather- list. Marking off our Disney Bucket Lists!
[URL="http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3151964"]Moose & Goose do Disney -or- The 5th anniversary is the Disney Trip anniversary

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/jxorsv1jabd4oqto.png
Old 07-17-2013, 05:52 AM   #234
MEK
DIS Veteran

Hi guys. I will try to get to replies tonight. My AAA interview is actually this evening at 5pm.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 07-17-2013, 05:53 AM   #235
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi guys. I will try to get to replies tonight. My AAA interview is actually this evening at 5pm.
Good luck with your interview! I will keep my fingers crossed for you!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 07-17-2013, 06:35 AM   #236
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Looks like you held up well, MEK. It was good for you to get out of the hospital, enjoy some fresh air, and try to clear your mind a bit. He was in good hands, and he probably slept a lot of the time you were gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
How appropriate to have read this while my Dad was in for an angio. Sigh. I agree with everyone else that even knowing the outcome, doesn't make it easier to read. I think you are FINE wife. Not much you can do sitting there. If it makes you feel better my mom had dinner with a friend who was in town for just a few days last night after my dad's angio (and one new stent).
Hope your dad is doing well, Cynthia!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:49 AM   #237
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Quote:
Really? Did you pass by the road or the actual resort? I have no idea where Cypress Palms is, but I liked that general location. I would definitely stay there again because access was so easy.
We passed the resort! Cypress Palms is on the other side of 192. So if you came out of Polynesian Isle and made a left, crossed 192, and turned right just past the stores (I think a CVS & a Krispy Kreme?), Cypress Palms is right there! So we would pass Polynesian Isle in the mornings to get to Osceola Pkwy when going to the parks.

What a bummer of an update, but you still managed to get great scenery photos! I know I have said before, but good for you for standing your ground and not letting the ER doc discharge him right away before undergoing more testing. I can't even imagine how stressful those few days must have been for you and Denny! But thank goodness it all worked out and didn't require surgery.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
Old 07-17-2013, 08:30 PM   #238
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Thanks for the heads up! Going back to catch up!
Old 07-17-2013, 09:12 PM   #239
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Mary Ellen,
even though I knew about all you just told in your updates it was still shocking to me.
I am so glad you had "your head together" to insist on further examination.

And I take my hat off to you for staying so calm. I am sure some others (including myself) would have panicked.
It's definitely not fun to have to make decisions like that while you have vacation brain, but I am glad I stood my ground and didn't leave. It turned out to be a blessing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Yikers! That was quite a wrench in your plans! Thank goodness for a good outcome and thank goodness you are so knowledgeable about issues in this area and were comfortable standing up for what you thought was right.
It really did throw a wrench in our plans so thank goodness we didn't have to stay there while he recooped from heart surgery. I knew I was doing the right thing, but it really threw me that the ED doc wanted to discharge him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Despite the drama, you still managed to deliver some terrific pictures. I am glad you were able to take a little bit of time for yourself in the midst of it all.
Thanks and, yeah, I didn't have a lot of free time, but I did try to take a few pictures. Shocked that they sunset pics turned out on my phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jash08 View Post
Even though I knew that was coming, I had this feeling of dread while I was reading it. I am still so thankful it ended up with just a stent! My mom fell a couple of years ago and broke both her legs. She was having low O2 stats prior to surgery. They advised it was a fatty embolus from the femur break. They leave her on the vent after surgery and I go home. I get to the ICU the next morning and she has had a heart attack. Fast forward a week. Since she was in the hospital, they do a heart cath. They went in and the cardiologist was basically saying he thought it was just stress from the embolism. They called out a few minutes later and said, "nope. Have to put 3 stents in." That wait is the worst!

OMG - your poor mom. She broke both legs? Poor thing. It's very easy to have a heart attack during surgery. It puts stress on the heart. Thank goodness she got to the cath lab and got those stents. The thought of walking around with blockages and not knowing it is pretty scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Holy moly girl, I can't even imagine how scary that must have been let alone the fact that you were away from home. And as far as wife of the year? You're amazing. We all do it in our our way- no judgment. I felt my anxiety raise while I read this so I can only imagine how you were feeling.

This is also another case of always go with your gut instinct. You knew his family history and I'm glad you stuck to your guns and insisted on the stress test.
It was like I was working with the two separate sides of my brain. I had the objective side going and then I had the "I'm in denial" side. Glad they met in the middle. I knew the stress test was the right thing to do. I was just shocked they didn't want to do that. crazy!

Quote:
I want you on my side during a crisis. You sure kept your head on. I'd have been a crumbling idiot.
Believe me, I have had many crumbling idiot moments in my life.

Quote:
Dinner looks good but your photos are beautiful!
Thanks and dinner was great!

Quote:
Bummer about the phone cord. I hate that. The seemingly little things can turn into a headache.
I'm still charging my phone on my computer because I actually lost the plug part. I ordered a replacement off Amazon and it barely works. Live and learn

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 07-17-2013, 09:21 PM   #240
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Hope your dad is doing well, Cynthia!
Thanks, he is! Or at least I think he is. As far as I know he went home yesterday and since my mom has emailed me about CP stuff...pretty sure he's fine or she'd have said. It was his bi-annual visit, we wish it wasn't so often but his body definitely tells him to go get things checked out. This time they did put another stent in, the one that was in that spot lost a battle with the aorta and got crushed. We hope it will be longer, his comment was that this should get him through Disney and our comment was he needs to get checked BEFORE so we don't have to argue with him about getting a scooter and he can just walk to his hearts content. Short term he is all set for their summer and fall travels, Alaska Cruise, Baltic River Cruise and visiting my brother in Germany. After Mid August I don't think I see them until Oct!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: