Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2013, 11:51 AM   #76
merimarie
Mouseketeer

Have a lot of people gotten pins that go into December? I have the rewards visa and I know they sometimes send some early offers, but I haven't seen anything yet. I used to get the pinned offers a lot, but I haven't gotten one in at least a year now!
merimarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #77
LouFapp
Semi-Phenomenal Nearly Cosmic Powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
All dining plans must be added 72 hours prior to check in.
Thank's for the correction smitch! I was pretty close.
Am I correct that even the free dining offer can be added up to that point? I thought I read that somewhere. Even though the available offers would probably be all gone by that point since they only make a limited number of rooms available at each participating resort for the special offers.
LouFapp is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2013, 03:48 PM   #78
LouFapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by merimarie View Post
Have a lot of people gotten pins that go into December? I have the rewards visa and I know they sometimes send some early offers, but I haven't seen anything yet. I used to get the pinned offers a lot, but I haven't gotten one in at least a year now!
I'm in the same boat. Haven't received a pin in a loooong time. If they do release an offer for fall though the Disney Visa card holders are usually notified 3 days in advance of the general public
Old 07-12-2013, 04:41 PM   #79
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouFapp View Post
Thank's for the correction smitch! I was pretty close.
Am I correct that even the free dining offer can be added up to that point? I thought I read that somewhere. Even though the available offers would probably be all gone by that point since they only make a limited number of rooms available at each participating resort for the special offers.
Yes, an offer can be applied anytime as long as it is not expired and as long as there is still availability under the promotion . Most offers expire well before the 72 hour mark, though because they offer them months in advance.
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:45 PM   #80
nsmith440
Earning My Ears

Newbie here, so sorry if this has been answered in one of the various "free dining" threads here.

I'm planning a family trip 10/19-20/26. I've been waiting to book until they release the public free dining or room discount for that time. Can I go ahead and book the room and tickets and then retroactively add the dining if they make it free for the public sometime in the future? Also, if I don't want to go the free dining route, if they offer a room discount can I apply that to my room even if I have already booked my vacation?
nsmith440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:00 PM   #81
merimarie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmith440
Newbie here, so sorry if this has been answered in one of the various "free dining" threads here.

I'm planning a family trip 10/19-20/26. I've been waiting to book until they release the public free dining or room discount for that time. Can I go ahead and book the room and tickets and then retroactively add the dining if they make it free for the public sometime in the future? Also, if I don't want to go the free dining route, if they offer a room discount can I apply that to my room even if I have already booked my vacation?
I've called and had them add offers after I've booked. I think it just has to apply to the resort and dates you're staying and be at least a few days in advance of arrival.
merimarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:46 PM   #82
LouFapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmith440 View Post

Yes to both but be careful. If you add the free dining no biggy but if you use a promo that lowers the cost of your vacation there is a fee involved. I don't remember how much but as long as your package stays the same amount (like when adding free dining) or goes up (like booking a more expensive room) there is no fee. I just looked it up but I can't find where it confirms that. The only fee that is shown is if you make changes 44 days or less before your arrival date and it's $50 but I would double check with a CM because I do remember seeing a fee if you change your package and the price is less then your current package.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:49 PM   #83
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouFapp View Post
Yes to both but be careful. If you add the free dining no biggy but if you use a promo that lowers the cost of your vacation there is a fee involved. I don't remember how much but as long as your package stays the same amount (like when adding free dining) or goes up (like booking a more expensive room) there is no fee. I just looked it up but I can't find where it confirms that. The only fee that is shown is if you make changes 44 days or less before your arrival date and it's $50 but I would double check with a CM because I do remember seeing a fee if you change your package and the price is less then your current package.
There is no fee at all to change anything on your package as long as it is done 45 days out.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:58 PM   #84
~Tonga Wingo~
A.K.A Mrs. Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425

There is no fee at all to change anything on your package as long as it is done 45 days out.
I have even had them waive it inside the 45 day period when I made a change. I didn't ask, the cast member just did it so it may just depend on who you get.

WDW Commando Member #143
-----------------------------------------------
Latest Trips: June 2010 ASMo / May 2011 Pop / June 2012 Music / Oct 2013 POR

Upcoming trip!! POR - Nov 2014
~Tonga Wingo~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:49 PM   #85
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Today on face book!" Rumors are beginning to pop up that free dining is going to be offered for late in the year." From this travel agent. https://www.facebook.com/AngelaDestinationsInFlorida

Last edited by KathieSmallwood; 07-15-2013 at 07:53 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
KathieSmallwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:59 PM   #86
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieSmallwood View Post
Today on face book!" Rumors are beginning to pop up that free dining is going to be offered for late in the year." From this travel agent. https://www.facebook.com/AngelaDestinationsInFlorida
Thanks for posting in this thread. We've been trying to get to all of the FD threads to make sure people saw the new thread posted earlier this morning, but I guess we missed this one.

Here is the link to the latest FD thread..

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3141417
Old 07-15-2013, 08:19 PM   #87
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Thanks for posting in this thread. We've been trying to get to all of the FD threads to make sure people saw the new thread posted earlier this morning, but I guess we missed this one.

Here is the link to the latest FD thread..

I missed the new thread posted earlier this morning. What did it say? Oh never mind. Just noticed the link

Last edited by KathieSmallwood; 07-15-2013 at 08:22 PM. Reason: missed something
Old 07-15-2013, 08:29 PM   #88
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaker View Post
Just wondering if free dining will be available in October
Old 07-16-2013, 07:56 AM   #89
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

I have just noticed since this free dining rumor has been announced that alot of the rooms that are left over are being booked up. DOES THIS MEAN THAT DISNEY MAY NOT RELEASE FREE DINING ON THESE DATES IF ALL ROOMS GET BOOKED? I know the rooms are being booked because I look at the site frequently and noticed alot of rooms not available now since this rumor was released yesterday.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:09 AM   #90
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieSmallwood View Post
I have just noticed since this free dining rumor has been announced that alot of the rooms that are left over are being booked up. DOES THIS MEAN THAT DISNEY MAY NOT RELEASE FREE DINING ON THESE DATES IF ALL ROOMS GET BOOKED? I know the rooms are being booked because I look at the site frequently and noticed alot of rooms not available now since this rumor was released yesterday.
Not all dates and rooms will be available. If a room type is already booked for a certain date, that room/date will not be included in free dining.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: