Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-15-2013, 08:48 PM   #286
jce2
Mouseketeer
 
jce2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 238

We will be at WDW, November 3-12 so we miss free dining by one day! As it is we are getting a 40% discount (RO) at AoA, so by the time I would switch to full room rate and free dining and upgrade to the standard DP I would have lost money ( I am figuring on $53 per perso per day for food).
__________________
Chris

WDW 1990, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2013
DL 1997, 1999
Next up? WDW in December 2014!!



jce2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:50 PM   #287
G719
Mouseketeer
 
G719's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wild, Wonderful WV
Posts: 343

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellypaige View Post
Will RO discount come out on the same day? (July 29 or aug 1). We already have park tickets and check in 11/11... Hoping for RO
I am wondering the same. Checking in 11/9 and I really don't want to do the split reservation. I have been crunching numbers. I would save about $300 by doing the free dining for 5 days and RO the first 2. I am comparing this option to getting a 25% off for POR for the entire stay, saving 5% buying gift cards at target for food (and not eating the way the DDP forces you to eat), and buying tickets at UT.
I don't want to have to change resorts or go up a booking category either.
I looked at the historical data on mouse savers and it is all over the place. Some RO offers came out the same day as FD offers for public and others were weeks later. I hope it is the same time!
__________________
G719 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-15-2013, 08:53 PM   #288
jade88
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 25

Bummer!!!!!!!!!!

I'm staying in one of the Little Mermaid rooms when i go in mid Oct.

Why do they exclude rooms like this?
jade88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:55 PM   #289
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 11,703

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade88 View Post
Bummer!!!!!!!!!!

I'm staying in one of the Little Mermaid rooms when i go in mid Oct.

Why do they exclude rooms like this?


The LM rooms sell out regularly without offering discounts. They have been excluded from almost every public offer since they opened the resort. Are your dates covered by the rumored offer? If so, would you consider switching to POP? It is just across the bridge from AoA and you can walk between the two easily.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:00 PM   #290
jade88
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post


The LM rooms sell out regularly without offering discounts. They have been excluded from almost every public offer since they opened the resort. Are your dates covered by the rumored offer? If so, would you consider switching to POP? It is just across the bridge from AoA and you can walk between the two easily.
Thanks for the suggestion! Yes my dates fit in with the promotion.

So i can upgrade my room if my trip is already booked?
jade88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #291
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 11,703

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade88 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion! Yes my dates fit in with the promotion.

So i can upgrade my room if my trip is already booked?
If you are currently booked as a room only reservation, you will have to cancel that and book a FD package when the deal goes live. If you are booked with a package right now, you will have to call when the deal goes live and they can modify your existing package to move to POP with free dining. How are you booked at the moment?
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:07 PM   #292
jade88
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
If you are currently booked as a room only reservation, you will have to cancel that and book a FD package when the deal goes live. If you are booked with a package right now, you will have to call when the deal goes live and they can modify your existing package to move to POP with free dining. How are you booked at the moment?

I have a whole packaged booked right now. Park Tickets- Rooming- Plane. Everything but dining. So it's a simple as calling their chat number and an agent shifting my package around to better suit the promotion?
jade88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:13 PM   #293
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 11,703

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade88 View Post
I have a whole packaged booked right now. Park Tickets- Rooming- Plane. Everything but dining. So it's a simple as calling their chat number and an agent shifting my package around to better suit the promotion?
Yep! It's just that simple. We will be at POP Oct. 18-26. Good luck!
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:13 PM   #294
angelabrezovsky
Mouseketeer
 
angelabrezovsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 392

So I gave a TA I booked with how can I for sure get the discount?
__________________


June 2010- POFQ November 2013- ALL STAR MUSIC May 2015- ALL STAR MUSIC

me (27) DD (8) DD (6)
angelabrezovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:16 PM   #295
Kat016
DIS Veteran
 
Kat016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pottstown, Pa
Posts: 2,758

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425

Yep! It's just that simple. We will be at POP Oct. 18-26. Good luck!
Aww...you'll be leaving POP the day we get there. We're going October 26th until November 2nd.
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:17 PM   #296
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 11,703

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelabrezovsky View Post
So I gave a TA I booked with how can I for sure get the discount?
The TA will have to call and get it done since they own the reservation. You might email or call the TA and let her know that you heard the deal was coming and you are wanting to get in on it when it goes live. Good luck!
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:18 PM   #297
summerlady
DIS Veteran
 
summerlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sparta, New Jersey
Posts: 2,607

I can't decide what to do! We're already booked with FD for mid-September, got all my ADRs including BOG, but I've always been a little bit concerned about hurricanes, rain, heat and humidity during that time. But, I'm really excited about the low crowds in September. ARGH! What to do, what to do? Of course DH is no help at all, he just said if you want to change to October, we'll change to October. Luckily, I haven't bought our plane tickets yet for September. I'll think about it....
__________________


~Polynesian 1986~Many day trips from Mom & Dad's~Port Orleans March 2000~POFQ April 2008~POFQ May 2009~POFQ November 2009~POFQ November 2010~POFQ October 2011~POR October 2012~POFQ September 2013~POFQ March 2014~POFQ September 2014~POFQ September 2015~
summerlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:19 PM   #298
angelabrezovsky
Mouseketeer
 
angelabrezovsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 392

Okay I emailed her. Hopefully she will get on it !!!!
__________________


June 2010- POFQ November 2013- ALL STAR MUSIC May 2015- ALL STAR MUSIC

me (27) DD (8) DD (6)
angelabrezovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:20 PM   #299
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 11,703

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
Aww...you'll be leaving POP the day we get there. We're going October 26th until November 2nd.
Bummer! We should be picked up by ME around 12:45pm or so that day, so we'll be around the resort for a little while.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:20 PM   #300
Viva Las Disney
DIS Veteran
 
Viva Las Disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,171

BOO

I specifically booked the first week of December because historically the week between Thanksgiving and Pop Warner always got free dining.

I guess the silver lining is I've been beating myself up trying to decide if I should pay the airline change fees and the extra money to extend my 7 day vacation to a 10 day vacation and no free dining makes that decision an easy one, 7 days it is.
__________________
Faith makes things possible, not easy.


Last edited by Viva Las Disney; 07-15-2013 at 09:42 PM.
Viva Las Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: