Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2013, 03:02 PM   #151
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,756

We ate here for dinner in May, and we loved the whole experience. Only thing worth mentioning was that the kids portions were a little small as all my DD's finished them super quick! Lovely place though!
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD6 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:30 PM   #152
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran
 
2xcited2sleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,349

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on BoG. They definitely mirror what I've heard "around"... amazing atmosphere but just so-so food, at least where lunch is concerned. I think for this upcoming whirlwind trip where our time is very limited I will pass on lunch there but have a dinner booked in October. Can't wait to see it all. Totally know what you mean on the gargoyles being so ugly they're almost cute.

Did it live up to Faith's expectations? It certainly looks immersive! And I could see Jesse wandering off to chat with the suits of armor again.

You definitely have a shutter bug on your hands. Stephen is great with the camera!
__________________
Christine

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-15-2013, 07:31 AM   #153
hstrickland
DIS Veteran
 
hstrickland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Way Down South...
Posts: 3,269

MAJOR computer problems came my way Luckily WishIWasFishin stepped in and saved the day Thought I was going to have to buy another laptop! It's all cleaned up now and will hopefully function long enough for me to finish the TR



Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Thanks for the review, the restaurant looks amazing. Ive only seen the ballroom in a walk through type of thing so it was great to see the rest.

Definitely sounds like Stephen needs his own camera for next trip.
Think we're going to have to buy him one. I thought about getting him a point-n-shoot type, but not sure he will like that type. Who knows?!



Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
We ate here for dinner in May, and we loved the whole experience. Only thing worth mentioning was that the kids portions were a little small as all my DD's finished them super quick! Lovely place though!
We (I ) definitely want to try it for dinner...probably a whole different experience. The desserts look beautiful, too. Not sure how they taste, but they look heavenly!




Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on BoG. They definitely mirror what I've heard "around"... amazing atmosphere but just so-so food, at least where lunch is concerned. I think for this upcoming whirlwind trip where our time is very limited I will pass on lunch there but have a dinner booked in October. Can't wait to see it all. Totally know what you mean on the gargoyles being so ugly they're almost cute.
I think you're doing the right thing....I would pass, too, especially since you have a ressie in October. The food was a bit disappointing...thought it would have been better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Did it live up to Faith's expectations? It certainly looks immersive! And I could see Jesse wandering off to chat with the suits of armor again.
She LOVED it!!! I think it was a bit overwhelming at first because there is so much to look at. And since she knows the movie and characters like the back of her hand, she was totally enthralled in the entire experience. The suits of armor are really cool....because at first you don't realize they make any noise. One is snoring, and it will kind of catch you off guard....and yes....lots of entertainment for Jesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
You definitely have a shutter bug on your hands. Stephen is great with the camera!
I hope so.... it would make his grandfather and me very happy
__________________
2014 FW & WL CL Trip Report
Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground InformationThread

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:35 AM   #154
FancyNancy
Princess
 
FancyNancy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 953

I had the braised pork over mashed potatoes with veggies and it was phenominal. My daughter got the Mickey turkey meatloaf and she didn't like it. I ended up giving her some of my pork which she loved and I ate her meatloaf which I didn't think was half bad. My mother got the Quiche and loved hers as well.
I did strike up a conversation with the table next to us and they all had gotten the carved turkey sandwich and didn't care for theirs at all.
__________________

FancyNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:22 AM   #155
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate
 
DisneyDoc5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,033

30 minutes is still a long wait for table service, especially if it's just ok food, but I'm glad you did it. I can't believe how busy it was for you guys at the park, strange! The food looked a little blah, how about a spring of parsley or something! I think the dinner food is getting overall better reviews. But it's a must and we will try it!

Glad your computer is better! We had a busy beach day yesterday, I will catch up with you soon. Back to 'work'!
__________________
DisneyDoc5 DS15 DS12 DD10
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2015 Port Orleans Riverside

DisneyDoc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:42 AM   #156
CaliTex
Will work for (Disney) food!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas
Posts: 133

I am so glad I found this TR! We are staying at POR this December, bringing our two oldest grandchildren on this trip. Turning 8 at Disney DGS, and almost 4 year old DGD. I really appreciate your insight and reviews! And I am loving your pics! Your family is looks lovely, and your daughter is a doll. The pics of her as Snow WHite are awesome. (I have a DGD named Hope. All we need now is a Grace.) This is kind of a "bonus" trip for us, and so I was a little worried about staying at a moderate, sorta spoiled by the Deluxes.

Now I am considering upgrading to a royal room!

Going back to reading...
CaliTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #157
Sue M
DIS Veteran
 
Sue M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: B.C.
Posts: 9,963

We had lunch there in January too. Lol, I got lots of pics of those gargoyles too! Lots of photo ops there! We sat by the snow windows.
I had the Ahi Tuna salad, which was very good. Ashley had the ham & cheese sandwich too.
__________________
Past Trips:
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:34 PM   #158
hstrickland
DIS Veteran
 
hstrickland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Way Down South...
Posts: 3,269

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
I had the braised pork over mashed potatoes with veggies and it was phenominal. My daughter got the Mickey turkey meatloaf and she didn't like it. I ended up giving her some of my pork which she loved and I ate her meatloaf which I didn't think was half bad. My mother got the Quiche and loved hers as well.
I did strike up a conversation with the table next to us and they all had gotten the carved turkey sandwich and didn't care for theirs at all.
Braised pork sounds promising or quiche. Can't say that turkey meatloaf sounds very tasty



Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
30 minutes is still a long wait for table service, especially if it's just ok food, but I'm glad you did it. I can't believe how busy it was for you guys at the park, strange! The food looked a little blah, how about a spring of parsley or something! I think the dinner food is getting overall better reviews. But it's a must and we will try it!
Yeah...ya got to try it at least once just so you can go insdie and wander around. Don't think they will let you in unless you're eating. My sandwich was MUCH better than Bill's. His almost looked like pressed meat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
Glad your computer is better! We had a busy beach day yesterday, I will catch up with you soon. Back to 'work'!
Knock on wood, I hope the computer last at least another semester Hope you had a good 'work' day! Still raining here off and on.



Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTex View Post
I am so glad I found this TR! We are staying at POR this December, bringing our two oldest grandchildren on this trip. Turning 8 at Disney DGS, and almost 4 year old DGD. I really appreciate your insight and reviews! And I am loving your pics! Your family is looks lovely, and your daughter is a doll. The pics of her as Snow WHite are awesome. (I have a DGD named Hope. All we need now is a Grace.) This is kind of a "bonus" trip for us, and so I was a little worried about staying at a moderate, sorta spoiled by the Deluxes.

Now I am considering upgrading to a royal room!

Going back to reading...
Hi there! Thanks for all your kind words. So glad you joined in! And would you believe my mother's name is Hope?!

Know what you mean about the deluxes - we were a bit worried, too. If you're use to a deluxe and this is only a bonus trip and not your "big" one, you'll be fine. Your granddaughters would absolutely love the Royal Room!! It's precious, really, and a great location within the resort. I wish we would have had more time to experience the pool and some of the other things. POR is a beautiful area as well as POFQ.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
We had lunch there in January too. Lol, I got lots of pics of those gargoyles too! Lots of photo ops there! We sat by the snow windows.
I had the Ahi Tuna salad, which was very good. Ashley had the ham & cheese sandwich too.
Did y'all have a preference for table location or did you just choose a seat? The kids wanted the "really dark room" so that's what we did. I would like to sit in your location.
__________________
2014 FW & WL CL Trip Report
Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground InformationThread

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:47 PM   #159
Sue M
DIS Veteran
 
Sue M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: B.C.
Posts: 9,963

We walked around and chose a seat. Next time I want to try the dark room! Lol
__________________
Past Trips:
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:26 AM   #160
chattadisser
Mouseketeer
 
chattadisser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 365

Ack…I’ve gotten behind again!

Too funny about asking Ariel why she was sucking in her stomach! Can you imagine having to suck in your stomach all day at work? Maybe Stephen can use his stalker photography skills to be a private investigator…of course, that would probably not involve cute young girls. I like how he apparently pulled it off very nonchalantly.

I love the commentary about loud kids and bickering. I remember being on the opposite end and thinking “I’ll never be one of THOSE people when I have kids”…um, yeah you are. I just avoid eye contact with others at those moments! Even well behaved children bicker…especially when it comes to their siblings.

It’s funny, Addison wants to eat at BOG and the rest of us are just…eeh. We have a reservation for an early dinner in October but honestly, nothing there really excites me and I feel like the girls eat so little, that I would rather spend the money elsewhere. But then I want to see inside! Decisions!

Thanks for the review and the great pictures!

Christine
__________________
Me DH DD (9) DD (5)

chattadisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:33 AM   #161
Sue M
DIS Veteran
 
Sue M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: B.C.
Posts: 9,963

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattadisser View Post
Ack…I’ve gotten behind again!

Too funny about asking Ariel why she was sucking in her stomach! Can you imagine having to suck in your stomach all day at work? Maybe Stephen can use his stalker photography skills to be a private investigator…of course, that would probably not involve cute young girls. I like how he apparently pulled it off very nonchalantly.

I love the commentary about loud kids and bickering. I remember being on the opposite end and thinking “I’ll never be one of THOSE people when I have kids”…um, yeah you are. I just avoid eye contact with others at those moments! Even well behaved children bicker…especially when it comes to their siblings.

It’s funny, Addison wants to eat at BOG and the rest of us are just…eeh. We have a reservation for an early dinner in October but honestly, nothing there really excites me and I feel like the girls eat so little, that I would rather spend the money elsewhere. But then I want to see inside! Decisions!

Thanks for the review and the great pictures!

Christine
you are so right! I remember thinking I'd never be one if THOSE people either but there I was hauling out my kid with a full blown tantrum out of the supermarket
__________________
Past Trips:
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:21 PM   #162
hstrickland
DIS Veteran
 
hstrickland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Way Down South...
Posts: 3,269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
We walked around and chose a seat. Next time I want to try the dark room! Lol
It'a actually really cool, and a much different atmosphere than the other 2 rooms....give it a try



Quote:
Originally Posted by chattadisser View Post
Ack…I’ve gotten behind again!

Too funny about asking Ariel why she was sucking in her stomach! Can you imagine having to suck in your stomach all day at work? Maybe Stephen can use his stalker photography skills to be a private investigator…of course, that would probably not involve cute young girls. I like how he apparently pulled it off very nonchalantly.
Could be a scary thing, huh?! Come to think of it, it would be very easy to do that at Disney with a camera....creepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattadisser View Post
I love the commentary about loud kids and bickering. I remember being on the opposite end and thinking “I’ll never be one of THOSE people when I have kids”…um, yeah you are. I just avoid eye contact with others at those moments! Even well behaved children bicker…especially when it comes to their siblings.
Isn't it the truth!! I said it a million times before I had kids.... God has a funny sense of humor. Now Bill and I are THOSE parents with THOSE kids!


Quote:
Originally Posted by chattadisser View Post
It’s funny, Addison wants to eat at BOG and the rest of us are just…eeh. We have a reservation for an early dinner in October but honestly, nothing there really excites me and I feel like the girls eat so little, that I would rather spend the money elsewhere. But then I want to see inside! Decisions!

Thanks for the review and the great pictures!

Christine
Ok....JMO ....but I think I would keep the ressie and check it out, or just do lunch. Then you can say you've been there and done that - curiosity is gonna kill ya And it really is a beautiful restaurant that y'all must see. If your girls aren't big eaters, then the lunch portions are enough to split. In fact, Stephen and I should have split one.
__________________
2014 FW & WL CL Trip Report
Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground InformationThread

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:17 PM   #163
hstrickland
DIS Veteran
 
hstrickland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Way Down South...
Posts: 3,269

Day 2
A Magic Kingdom Afternoon





This is just a quick little update with nothing of major importance – just some more pictures of our trip


Don’t know if I mentioned it or not – so I’ll mention it now - all three of the kids are into the whole pin trading thing. Jesse finally got some for himself. He doesn’t understand the full concept, yet, but enjoys following along with Stephen and Faith. While waiting on me, Faith was trying to give Jesse some pin trading advice – which didn’t work







As long as I can remember, I’ve NEVER ever ever EVER had to wait in line for this ride … EVER!





Well – much to our surprise or should I say shock ….





We had to wait!! This isn’t Bill or Stephen’s favorite ride, so they continually give me a hard time about loving it so much. Then when we had to wait for 20+ minutes … I really got a lashing (but for heaven sakes, it’s classic Disney – don’t they know!)


Stephen was hot on the trail of more Hidden Mickey’s! (no shock there)






Thought I was all up on Disney news and knew so much – but apparently I missed something along the way. We didn’t know this was being built!






And what Disney vacation is complete without some of these! My all-time favorite snack at Disney!!!!







Remember me mentioning the pin trading? Well these two lovely ladies were more than helpful and extremely patient with the kids! I forget which shop we ventured into (there were so many) but they both took lots of time with the trading. Jesse wanted that pin – then he wanted this pin – then he decided that he wanted the other pin! Faith followed suit. Fortunately Stephen was decisive enough and got his exchange done quickly.






While shopping, the kids always like to try on crazy hats and get pictures … Bill and I love to see if we can secretly embarrass them Doesn’t work with Jesse – sometimes Faith – and now Stephen is at the age that we always embarrass him.







Stephen was getting more embarrassed by the minute, especially when Bill started acting like he was Justin Bieber – middle school students just don’t think that’s cool.







And right before dinner, we had to stop and get our picture made with Mickey! The wait was really short, too – great place for a character picture without the long lines.







Up next – Dinner at Tony’s Town Square!





__________________
2014 FW & WL CL Trip Report
Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground InformationThread

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:12 AM   #164
FancyNancy
Princess
 
FancyNancy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 953

My daughter got into pin trading last April. She can be shy with strangers so it was an interesting dynamic. I often had to help her and make the initial introduction to the CM and then she would trade :P

Great pics!
__________________

FancyNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:39 AM   #165
farrahalex76
Mouseketeer
 
farrahalex76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Mississippi
Posts: 227

Great update. I think I'm just as excited to see those Tangled bathrooms as I am to see New Fantasyland when we go back. I love the hat pictures. Me and the girls were trying on hats in Epcot and my DH was telling them that it was gross because someone else might have tried it on. My oldest then went and got a Grumpy hat and poked her lip out and said look I'm daddy. He lightened up after that.
__________________
Farrah DH DD (9) DD (6) DD (4)
farrahalex76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.