Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2013, 09:42 AM   #226
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!
 
Flossbolna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 6,952

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
All caught up again....

Sounds like those margaritas were worth it.
Having a simple nice day on the beach with stuff to do .... or not do ... sounds great.
Yes, I never thought I would enjoy beach days that much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I was lucky today to HAVE to chaperone a camp trip on a wakeboarding adventure on the lake. So yes I had a day on a boat watching kids go wakeboarding with someone else driving the boat. Nice and relaxing, the kids were wonderful and really enjoyed themselves and in perfect fashion fell asleep on the way back to the facility.
Sounds like a great day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Really like the meal attention you were getting, but wished you got to see your room ghost host more so you could have what you needed.
Yes, the ghost host was rather bizarre. I can't even say he did a bad job - the room was spotless. But it would have been nice to know who he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I loved the Fireworks on the ship too !!! We watched from the highest Deck and had a great view !! The Pirates supper was fun, I remember aleat one ordering the potstickers and a few the salad Michael had !!I honestly don't remember my choices for anything , but not what you and Michael ordered !!!Our Party was in Enchanted Gardens !!!
Aren't those fireworks pretty special? I had read that often you can see other ships in the distance as they seek out the Disney ships when they are doing their fireworks...
__________________
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline  
Old 07-14-2013, 11:07 AM   #227
nodnol
Mouseketeer
 
nodnol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 469

I made a nice list of notes with what I want to comment on - and lost it. So we'll see how that goes!

Outlook Cafe: I'm sorry, but I don't really understand why you are so fascinated by it, to me it looks like the lobby of a 3 star hotel. But I guess one has to have been there...

I do like the sunset though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post

We did some more shopping, I bought some postcards (which I failed to mail), a Wonder pin and a book about Disneyland.
I noticed.

I expected the party to be more pirate as well, what a pity. but the fireworks sound really great! I'm looking very much forward to my next Disney show with fireworks in exactly one week and six hours!!!!!

There was more, but I can't remember and rereading the updates didn't trigger anything
__________________
Disneyland 1992
Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2013
Walt Disney World 2010, 2011


nodnol is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-14-2013, 11:12 AM   #228
englishrose47
DIS Veteran
 
englishrose47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Niagara Falls N.Y.
Posts: 27,931

Morning or should I say Afternoon Ladies !! I am busy planning my next 3 trips , but only 1 is Disney!!
__________________
April/May 07 Pop Feb 08 Pop May09 POP Sept 09 POP Feb 10 Pop Oct 10 Pop Aug 11 Pop Oct 11Pop Oct 12 Pop Oct 13 &Dec 13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post49995478 Where's my Suitcase ???
A PTR: [
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline  
Old 07-15-2013, 04:39 PM   #229
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!
 
Flossbolna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 6,952

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodnol View Post
I made a nice list of notes with what I want to comment on - and lost it. So we'll see how that goes!
My little sister finally returns to the TR she demanded that I should write - and then proceeds to lose her comments!!!

You will have to make that up in the next updates!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodnol View Post
Outlook Cafe: I'm sorry, but I don't really understand why you are so fascinated by it, to me it looks like the lobby of a 3 star hotel. But I guess one has to have been there...
Hmmm - I would have said more like an upscale Starbucks. And yes, I think a large part of its charm was the location and the view. I tried to capture it in the pictures, but it does not really work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodnol View Post
I do like the sunset though!
Glad you liked something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodnol View Post
I noticed.
You never know when you might get one... I can still mail them! (Or didn't I give one to you together with the gifts I brought for you???)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodnol View Post
I expected the party to be more pirate as well, what a pity. but the fireworks sound really great! I'm looking very much forward to my next Disney show with fireworks in exactly one week and six hours!!!!!
Less than a week now!! Hope you will like Dreams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodnol View Post
There was more, but I can't remember and rereading the updates didn't trigger anything
Hmpf!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Morning or should I say Afternoon Ladies !! I am busy planning my next 3 trips , but only 1 is Disney!!
I Rosie!! What are your other trips? I kind of lost the overview!!! The Disney one is that the grannies trips?
__________________
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline  
Old 07-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #230
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!
 
Flossbolna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 6,952

A Morning Walking Tour - Part 1

Day 7:

Once again I woke up around 8am. I knew that Michael needed some more sleep since he had been up late to watch Oz. So I had packed my things and just threw on some clothes and started to explore. This morning I would not go and get some breakfast  we had a brunch reservation at Palo today and I certainly did not want to spoil my appetite for that!!

But I love my morning tea  so I headed upstairs to the drinks station and got myself a nice hot tea (they have Twinings tea bags just as at the resorts  and I love Twinings Earl Grey, thats my standard tea at home). On my way there I took quite a few pictures:



This is a little snack shop close to the pool which was open for counter service breakfast  during the day it has cold sandwiches:







And this is the drink station:





With my tea I walked along deck 9 until I got to my favourite chairs outside the Cove Café taking even more pictures on the way:

















This was my chair:



And this was my view:



Here I sat, enjoyed the view and wrote some notes in my little book for the TR. This is the second trip that I diligently worked on my notes and I must say that even if it sometimes felt a little bit like a chore, in the end I really loved it. I did not work on making this a good text, it really is just notes to aid my memory. But even when I worked on them, I often remembered fun little details and was smiling to myself about this and that that we experienced. And now it is a truly invaluable thing to have. Without them this TR would have only half the details. I let you judge whether that is a good thing or a bad thing.

Continued in Part 2
__________________
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland


Last edited by Flossbolna; 07-15-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Flossbolna is offline  
Old 07-15-2013, 04:45 PM   #231
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!
 
Flossbolna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 6,952

A Morning Walking Tour - Part 2

Once the cup was empty I went back for a second cup. But instead of returning to my Cove Café spot, I decided to check out the deck chairs on deck 4. Of course I first had to circle all the way around the ship once to figure out the best spot – one side was far windier than the other, so I chose the more sheltered one.





On my walk around the ship the two most interesting areas are were you have to cross over from one side to the other:





While I was sitting there, a few runners and walkers passed by, but it really was not crowded at all. I loved sitting there – you could smell the sea a little bit, but it was not nearly as salty and fishy as what I experienced on ferries in the Baltic Sea. Maybe the Caribbean does not only look lovelier, it also smells lovelier?

I sat there for quite some while and then I headed inside for more picture hunting.

First I came across a princess gathering happening in the atrium:



And then I thought I use the empty morning to check out the shops – once again. This time I went “picture shopping”. So we start with a shop window:



And then we head into one of the shops, this is the more “adult” shop.













These last t-shirts I was rather tempted to buy, especially the green one since I discovered green as my colour this summer. But then in the end, I could not justify the price…



Now we enter the other shop which is more “casual” – and has the kids stuff.















I am kind of torn about Duffy – I think it is really ridiculous that Disney invented a bear with a long backstory in order to be able to sell more plush. But the bear itself is very cute to look at – and those sailor Duffys were quite adorable!!

Next: A Road Trip
__________________
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland


Last edited by Flossbolna; 07-16-2013 at 03:53 PM.
Flossbolna is offline  
Old 07-16-2013, 03:59 AM   #232
nodnol
Mouseketeer
 
nodnol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 469

Thank you for taking us along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post


The ant climbed really high for this picture!

I like you morning walk! It looks so quiet and empty, I always imagined a cruise ship to be quite crowded, but maybe it gets more crowded than on your pictures later in the day. Thinking about it, I guess I transfered my experiences on other ships to a cruise ship, and so far I gave been only on ferries and on river cruises...

I'm gald to hear that Disney hasTwining on the ships, might be a further argument to convince my DH of a cruise.

When forced to pick on if the t-shirts, I would habe picked the same one you did, but otherwise nothing wohld really tempt me.

And I'm still not used to Duffy, I don't like him, I don't even think he's cute, I guess I don't like the nearly white Mickey "face"...
__________________
Disneyland 1992
Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2013
Walt Disney World 2010, 2011


nodnol is offline  
Old 07-16-2013, 07:55 AM   #233
lovealldisney
Lover of all things Disney!
 
lovealldisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,417

Hi Magdalene,

Love the update, I to like quiet mornings and this was a lovely one for you. I really like the two t-shirts I would have been torn between the two of them. But I probably would haven't bought it either because of the price. I prefer a bargain price... Like the new patio dining set my DH found at Target for lets say more that 75% off...

I like tea but I'm a coffee girl, love my morning coffee. I'm lucky where I work they provide us with Starbucks coffee. I'm a bit spoiled... our Doctors love us.

Duffy I'm with Katharina on this, I don't like him. He just doesn't seem to fit, know what I mean?


Thanks for the update, road trip huh?
__________________
Disney 1972-77 Fell in love with Disney! Offsite 1985 POFQ 1997 POFQ 2003 POP 2007
DH Me DS 19 DD 16

Last edited by lovealldisney; 07-16-2013 at 09:06 AM.
lovealldisney is offline  
Old 07-16-2013, 08:39 AM   #234
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...
 
podsnel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
Posts: 6,877

Hi Magdalene!

Your photos of the Wonder are fantastic! They are making me nostalgic for the classic ships- and I do really want to sail on her....after we go on our NYE Fantasy cruise this November, the Wonder will be the only ship I am missing in my "sailing collection." My last 2 cruises have been on the Dream, and the big ships are REALLY nice, but the smaller ones do have their charms as well.

Sorry I have been MIA- still too much baseball, but we are in the home stretch- their last games should be next week- I am BEYOND giddy with excitement!!! Can not WAIT for it to end, they play on 4 teams between the two of them, and the schedule is a big secret until the last minute, it seems, with all 4 teams. Not that easy when you have multiple players going in different directions AND you need to find a babysitter for a third....

Summer is supposed to be relaxing, right? That sounds nice....

Ellen
podsnel is offline  
Old 07-16-2013, 09:41 AM   #235
englishrose47
DIS Veteran
 
englishrose47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Niagara Falls N.Y.
Posts: 27,931

What a peaceful morning !!!Loved the Tour pix !!!I enjoyed window shopping in the stores too !! I did buy 1 T Shirt as I loved the material , sort of soft and silky, not the usual T Shirt material and of course it was a Disney Cruise Theme !!! I didn't get any solo relax time , with 8 individuals in my care !!!But I did LOVE sitting on the veranda with my morning coffee and just soaking in the ocean !! I have to do daily logs for my P &P trips so if I get a move on with my TR I have them
__________________
April/May 07 Pop Feb 08 Pop May09 POP Sept 09 POP Feb 10 Pop Oct 10 Pop Aug 11 Pop Oct 11Pop Oct 12 Pop Oct 13 &Dec 13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post49995478 Where's my Suitcase ???
A PTR: [
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline  
Old 07-16-2013, 09:42 AM   #236
wiigirl
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 15,974

Awesome photos!
__________________
For the love of Disney...
wiigirl is offline  
Old 07-16-2013, 10:41 AM   #237
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere
 
Captain_Oblivious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 8,115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
And this is the drink station:
Was there any Beverly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
This was my chair:

Oh yeah. I could do a lot of napping there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Here I sat, enjoyed the view and wrote some notes in my little book for the TR. This is the second trip that I diligently worked on my notes and I must say that even if it sometimes felt a little bit like a chore, in the end I really loved it. I did not work on making this a good text, it really is just notes to aid my memory. But even when I worked on them, I often remembered fun little details and was smiling to myself about this and that that we experienced. And now it is a truly invaluable thing to have. Without them this TR would have only half the details. I let you judge whether that is a good thing or a bad thing.
You could just make them up. It works for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
While I was sitting there, a few runners and walkers passed by, but it really was not crowded at all. I loved sitting there – you could smell the sea a little bit, but it was not nearly as salty and fishy as what I experienced on ferries in the Baltic Sea. Maybe the Caribbean does not only look lovelier, it also smells lovelier?
Or there's more wind to flush the smells out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
And then we head into one of the shops, this is the more “adult” shop.
I think I see the navy blue hoodie i got back in 2009. I guess it must be a good seller!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
These last t-shirts I was rather tempted to buy, especially the green one since I discovered green as my colour this summer. But then in the end, I could not justify the price…
But this is Disney! You're not supposed to justify the price!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
I am kind of torn about Duffy – I think it is really ridiculous that Disney invented a bear with a long backstory in order to be able to sell more plush. But the bear itself is very cute to look at – and those sailor Duffys were quite adorable!!
My friend Barry describes him as a "walking waste of fur". That about sums it up.
Captain_Oblivious is offline  
Old 07-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #238
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!
 
Flossbolna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 6,952

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodnol View Post
Thank you for taking us along!
You are welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodnol View Post
The ant climbed really high for this picture!
The "ant" was a fellow cruiser whom I asked for assistance. If my travel companion chooses to not be around for key moments, I needed to get help from somewhere...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodnol View Post
I like you morning walk! It looks so quiet and empty, I always imagined a cruise ship to be quite crowded, but maybe it gets more crowded than on your pictures later in the day. Thinking about it, I guess I transfered my experiences on other ships to a cruise ship, and so far I gave been only on ferries and on river cruises...
There were crowds. Like that long long line at meal time. Or when you looked down into the atrium for the princess gathering. Or that first evening when we headed into the shops just after the show ended. But I was surprised how easy it was to avoid the crowds most of the time. This day especially was extremely crowd free as you will see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodnol View Post
I'm gald to hear that Disney hasTwining on the ships, might be a further argument to convince my DH of a cruise.
Well, first he has to like DLP! And I still think the next step should be DL for the two of you. By then he hopefully has gotten a little of the Disney bug - so the cruise will just be the next logical step (of course assuming that you will also get rich in the meantime!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodnol View Post
When forced to pick on if the t-shirts, I would habe picked the same one you did, but otherwise nothing wohld really tempt me.
Yes, I actually first thought about getting that t-shirt for you. But you know how my t-shirts plans for you played out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodnol View Post
And I'm still not used to Duffy, I don't like him, I don't even think he's cute, I guess I don't like the nearly white Mickey "face"...
Since I have one living with me - I have gotten quite used to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovealldisney View Post
Hi Magdalene,

Love the update, I to like quiet mornings and this was a lovely one for you. I really like the two t-shirts I would have been torn between the two of them. But I probably would haven't bought it either because of the price. I prefer a bargain price... Like the new patio dining set my DH found at Target for lets say more that 75% off...
The next time you are in Orlando, you need to make sure to go to the Disney Outlet. We visited the one in Sawgrass Mills, but then later on also the one in Orlando. While some things are really nice, others look like leftovers. But you can find nice things there for much less than the original Disney price. We even saw some things that were 50% off at the outlet while they were selling the same product for full price at the parks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovealldisney View Post
I like tea but I'm a coffee girl, love my morning coffee. I'm lucky where I work they provide us with Starbucks coffee. I'm a bit spoiled... our Doctors love us.
The standard coffee on the ship is unfortunately the same stuff they have at WDW. So not very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovealldisney View Post
Duffy I'm with Katharina on this, I don't like him. He just doesn't seem to fit, know what I mean?
I totally agree that he does not fit with the other Disney characters. I just think as a bear he looks cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovealldisney View Post
Thanks for the update, road trip huh?
All will be revealed soon!
__________________
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline  
Old 07-16-2013, 03:38 PM   #239
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!
 
Flossbolna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 6,952

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Hi Magdalene!

Your photos of the Wonder are fantastic! They are making me nostalgic for the classic ships- and I do really want to sail on her....after we go on our NYE Fantasy cruise this November, the Wonder will be the only ship I am missing in my "sailing collection." My last 2 cruises have been on the Dream, and the big ships are REALLY nice, but the smaller ones do have their charms as well.
You really should get on the Wonder. And those 5-night cruises are actually nicely priced. I can only recommend them!

It seems that the Wonder has some features that to me make the ship a little better than the old Magic. Of course the new Magic will be plussed. But I am glad that I got to experience one of the classic ships before the refurb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Sorry I have been MIA- still too much baseball, but we are in the home stretch- their last games should be next week- I am BEYOND giddy with excitement!!! Can not WAIT for it to end, they play on 4 teams between the two of them, and the schedule is a big secret until the last minute, it seems, with all 4 teams. Not that easy when you have multiple players going in different directions AND you need to find a babysitter for a third....

Summer is supposed to be relaxing, right? That sounds nice....

Ellen
I have been rather absent on your TRs as well - but I can't claim having to take care of players for 4 baseball teams!! Wow! That sounds really stressful!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
What a peaceful morning !!!Loved the Tour pix !!!I enjoyed window shopping in the stores too !! I did buy 1 T Shirt as I loved the material , sort of soft and silky, not the usual T Shirt material and of course it was a Disney Cruise Theme !!! I didn't get any solo relax time , with 8 individuals in my care !!!But I did LOVE sitting on the veranda with my morning coffee and just soaking in the ocean !! I have to do daily logs for my P &P trips so if I get a move on with my TR I have them
Yes, your group trip certainly is much less about relaxation! But then I wonder whether you would want it any other way? You always seem to find something to keep you busy anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Awesome photos!
Thanks!
__________________
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline  
Old 07-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #240
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!
 
Flossbolna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 6,952

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Was there any Beverly?
No, only tasty drinks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Oh yeah. I could do a lot of napping there.
It was quite heavenly!! I have read that often these chairs are the subject to chair hoggers. I guess a lot of people like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
You could just make them up. It works for me.
Ah!! Then I do not only lack your ability to tell fun stories, but also your ability to make those stories up!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Or there's more wind to flush the smells out.
I would say the Baltic Sea is far more windy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I think I see the navy blue hoodie i got back in 2009. I guess it must be a good seller!
I guess you set a trend there - everyone asks for the hoodie the Captain bought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
But this is Disney! You're not supposed to justify the price!
Yes, that's what Disney would like. The amazing thing is that my personal finances actually have improved quite nicely since my first trip to WDW in 2004. But I still find everything there as expensive as it was then, if not more so! And I know that I have become used to spending more money on eating out and stuff like that in the last 10 years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
My friend Barry describes him as a "walking waste of fur". That about sums it up.
Ahhhh! Poor Duffy!

But actually quite a good description - there is no reason for his existence than the desire to draw more money out of pockets...
__________________
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: