Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2013, 10:51 AM   #286
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

We rode all the way to the end...

Then pedaled over to Serenity Bay, so i could drool.....

where I saw Steve, my wine sharing tablemate reading a book in the shade of the bar. I asked him where Avery was, and he said all the teens were hangin out in the teen area together.

I informed Timmy of what steve had said, and SHOCK! Timmy pedaled faster than I thought possible to get rid of his bike (and his Mom, LOL) There they are all hangin out all teenager-ish-!

So I spent the rest of my CC day with my kindle on the beach....

I got hungry again, so ate some salads and fruit. The coleslaw was REALLY good-

Oh look! Someone else got blown off too!

I enjoyed a cone- I think it was mango-

If I remember correctly, you could swirl it with strawberry.

OOPS! Out of pics! To be continued later...

podsnel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:03 AM   #287
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Hi Ellen! Loved the updates, although they made me very hungry.

Thanks for taking the pics of the food at Cookies - I have never seen many pictures of it and didn't think there was much on offer, but it actually looks pretty decent.

Loving reading your report because we are SO close to our vacation now that it seems real. Leaving for WDW in less than a month and then the cruise a week later.
Glad you liked the foodie pics! It was early and everything (almost) was full, so I thought it was a good time for pics! You must be really excited for your vacation! I am- we leave one month from today for Cali!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy442 View Post
We went back in 2002, I can't remember but I think the ship was two or three years old. My DS wants to go on the Dream, and so much has changed since then.
I didn't realize that the sports court wasn't always there- the boys spend so much time on it, including on the Magic (2008 & 2010), it was a wonderful addition!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2013, 11:07 AM   #288
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

You're SUPPOSED to go to the left AGAINST the arrows??? Huh??? I cannot think of any scenario in which I wouldn't have followed the arrows to the right. WTH? People do stink sometimes. Glad no one was hurt!

Serenity Bay looks amazing and your afternoon looks so relaxing... despite being ditched.

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:27 AM   #289
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
You're SUPPOSED to go to the left AGAINST the arrows??? Huh??? I cannot think of any scenario in which I wouldn't have followed the arrows to the right. WTH? People do stink sometimes. Glad no one was hurt!

THANK-YOU!!!! I feel much better now.

Serenity Bay looks amazing and your afternoon looks so relaxing... despite being ditched.
It was very relaxing....I should have headed back over to Serenity Bay, though. But I kept thinking "What if Timmy needs me?

I guess I really AM stupid!
Old 07-13-2013, 04:34 PM   #291
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

I think Timmy just earned a new nickname..."Wrong Way Timmy." j/k Those other people are jerks and I can't believe the lady with the stroller.

Someday I should try biking but I never make it past Serenity Bay and the siren call of Konk Koolers.

Jill in CO
Old 07-13-2013, 04:50 PM   #292
Goofy442
DIS Veteran

Wow, another thing they added bike riding. That woman was very rude, we are all human we make mistakes get over it and move on.

Goofy442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:09 PM   #293
MEK
DIS Veteran

I ride a bike all the time (OK - well, I used to ride a bike all the time back in my younger years) and you are definitely correct. Seriously, what is wrong with people?

Glad you got to dumb your teenager and enjoy some kindle time!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:18 PM   #294
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Wow - I'm pretty sure I would have understood the arrows to mean the same as you did. Regardless, there was no reason for those people to be so awful to Timmy. Holy cow!

[QUOTE=podsnel;48951309]Glad you liked the foodie pics! It was early and everything (almost) was full, so I thought it was a good time for pics! You must be really excited for your vacation! I am- we leave one month from today for Cali!
You're headed to my coast! What are your Cali plans? So many places to visit there!
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:28 PM   #295
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

The only people to maybe ride against the arrows is dislexsic sign readers! What an a** that woman was!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:55 PM   #296
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
The only people to maybe ride against the arrows is dislexsic sign readers! What an a** that woman was!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:19 PM   #297
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

I can't believe that woman freaked out like that. We always follow the signs. So odd that she thinks it would be different. Fuzzy Disney thinking?

I'll make sure we follow the arrows. I'm really looking forward to the bikeride around CC.

The food looks good too.

When is your trip to So Cal? There's a slim chance we'll be there Aug 17- 23.
Not too shabby for a consolation prize: a Disneyland pre-trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3200081
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:56 AM   #298
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
What idiots! How can you think going the opposite of the arrows is correct?
EXACTLY!!!!! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I think Timmy just earned a new nickname..."Wrong Way Timmy." j/k Those other people are jerks and I can't believe the lady with the stroller.

The lady with the stroller acted so superior. "No. It's not one way. " She said it a few times. I wonder how she felt as she was walking over the arrows on her way out?? Like crap, is my hope!

Someday I should try biking but I never make it past Serenity Bay and the siren call of Konk Koolers.

Jill in CO
I don't think I have ever had one! I know!! Sacrilege! I will do my best in January!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy442 View Post
Wow, another thing they added bike riding. That woman was very rude, we are all human we make mistakes get over it and move on.
The woman was very full of herself. I felt like if I said the sky is blue, she would have said "No- it's orange." And I would have started to believe her...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I ride a bike all the time (OK - well, I used to ride a bike all the time back in my younger years) and you are definitely correct. Seriously, what is wrong with people?

THANK YOU!!!

Glad you got to dumb your teenager and enjoy some kindle time!
Love my kindle- best invention EVER, especially for bringing a bunch of books with you on vacation. My book group is reading 1000 white women this month- I need to go download it....
Old 07-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #299
podsnel

[QUOTE=RGirl;48955529]Wow - I'm pretty sure I would have understood the arrows to mean the same as you did. Regardless, there was no reason for those people to be so awful to Timmy. Holy cow!

I think they were just assuming he was the one screwing up because he was the kid, and clearly they knew everything as adults. Tim says after they screamed at him, their parting words of advice were "Ya need to watch where you're going, buddy." And he said he didn't say anything, but he thought, "And you need to watch where you're going when you are going the wrong way." But of course he didn't say that to them-

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
Glad you liked the foodie pics! It was early and everything (almost) was full, so I thought it was a good time for pics! You must be really excited for your vacation! I am- we leave one month from today for Cali!
You're headed to my coast! What are your Cali plans? So many places to visit there!
We are in San Fran for 4 nights, 3 nights in Yosemite, 1 night in transit (probably will stay in Bakersfield), 5 nights at GCV. UBER excited!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Well, she DID know EVERYTHING, so....ummm...YEAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I can't believe that woman freaked out like that. We always follow the signs. So odd that she thinks it would be different. Fuzzy Disney thinking?

Yea- VERY fuzzy. And she was SO sure of herself. BIZARRE.

I'll make sure we follow the arrows. I'm really looking forward to the bikeride around CC.

I have no doubt you will be able to read and follow arrows. You do seem smart like that.

The food looks good too.

When is your trip to So Cal? There's a slim chance we'll be there Aug 17- 23.
OHHHHH!!!!! I hope that happens!! Because we will be arriving at GCV August 21 until the 26th- so we would DEFINITELY overlap!!!! Oh PLEASE say it's so!! I've been dying to meet you, Jenny-girl, for a very long time!!
Old 07-14-2013, 10:53 PM   #300
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Quote:

Next I went up, because we were making a layered shot, and I have always wanted to learn how to do that- this was a B-52-
as in the love shack group? lol

It was Kahlua, Bailey's and Grand Marnier. You layered with the sweetest from the bottom up and poured slowly and carefully over the back of a spoon. It was really challenging (especially with 20 people watching you!), but I did it! Three times, in fact! And MMMMMMM....was that shot GOOOOOOOD! Snow made some too!
Ive always wanted to try one, you would think I have since it included my 2 favorite ingredients!!

That was a REALLY fun class- I would book it again, and at $15, it was a great deal!
Nice, same prices still since 2008's cruise

A little later, after the show, which was the Magic Show (I did get to see it, after all! Loved it!) dinner was at RP- and I agree, Rosie- it is an awesome meal. To start, I ordered a bottle of wine to share....then I had some escargot-Escargots Gratinés
Herb-marinated Snails with Finely Chopped Mushrooms, topped with Garlic Butter and Breadstick
YUMM I LOVEEEE escargot!

Timmy ordered Iced Lobster and Jumbo Shrimp
White and Green Asparagus, Micro Greens and Lemon-dill dressing with Horseradish Cream
He ate every bite! He does love him some shrimp- Then he had Baked Farm-Raised Organic Chicken Breast
Filled with Escarole, Raisins and Pine Nuts on Wild Rice with a Red Wine reduction
someone was hungry..must have been all that wrong way biking LOL

Tonight- I spent more than an hour in there. A LOT more, lol! Two other CMs (One the DCL bev manager and the other an Epcot mgr) were at the Alex club too- those women attracted a bunch of visits from the crew- it was an interesting night! We all were enjoying the Moet Ice- and hangin with Alex- she really is the best bartender on the Dream.
SOO did you learn and good Disney dirt?
Quote:
Tonight was one of those extra time in port nights- for the crew, as a reward for getting stellar reviews and accolades from guests. So that meant that we were still in Nassau at night- and would be until the wee hours. Which meant that I could get a photo from the port of the Dream at night. I promised Alex and the two other CMs I would NOT get off the ship alone- so, I went back to the cabin to get Timmy.
LOVE extra port night time
Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Just posting to say how I'm looking forward to meeting you and I guess anewmac on your trip on August! Love DISmeets!
YEAH me too I love the Dis, able to meet so many awesome and amazing people, I cant wait Im counting down the days I need a mini vaca stat! lol

Quote:
[COLOR="Navy"]ME TOO!!!!!!! Thanks for making the trip twice to hang- you will love anewmac- she is soooo funny, but more importantly, she is a really great and good person.

awww shucks your so sweet I Heart You!!

The tip they gave was to always put the sweetest liquor on the bottom, because the sweeter it is, the heavier it is. Hmmm..... bet there's a whole bunch of concoctions we could come up with-
Im not thinking of any concoctions Im just applying this to myself.. as in The sweeter I am the Heavier I am... hmm lol

Yea- but it was raining and the pic was stinky! I was so mad I didn't bring my monopod with me-
how do you like using a monopod, I have a tripod and really only use it for .. well graduations and school things to video and then when I do selfies of the family for xmas

[COLOR="navy"]

[QUOTE=podsnel;48858677][COLOR="Navy"]
Nassau isn't considered super safe- they were ok with me getting off, just not by myself-
ya its not even safe to go mail a postcard!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Good luck to Tyler and his team!

I'm getting so excited for my cruise while I'm reading about yours. I can do online check-in and reservations on Sunday...can't believe it is only 107 days away.

Jill in CO
WOOHOO so excited for you.. so ya gonna do a trip report or a pic report.. or just text us pics so we can live vivaciously thru u lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Ahhh, I never get tired of CC day reports! ?
Ditto

Quote:

Jill in CO
Omg El I haven't had a Konk Kooler either.. so Jill you willjust have to have a few for us k..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: