Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2013, 08:29 AM   #226
OurBigTrip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfinpiratee View Post
Wow! I'd be scared to wait that long! Unless it was a last minute decision i suppose. I'd like to book as soon as possible, i just want to save up the money before i book
I book as far ahead as I can, and then the Disney vacation becomes just another bill. We pay for our Disney trips using Disney gift cards that we buy through our kids' former school...I pay face value for the gift cards, they're worth face value, but the school gets a 2% donation. Free money for the school, and I can have my room paid off before we leave.
OurBigTrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:58 AM   #227
DisMama3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfinpiratee View Post

Wow! I'd be scared to wait that long! Unless it was a last minute decision i suppose. I'd like to book as soon as possible, i just want to save up the money before i book
It was a last minute decision, but that aside, it isn't a busy time. We still got all the ADRs we wanted as well.
DisMama3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2013, 10:04 AM   #228
Ladcassidy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMama3 View Post

We booked in December for mid January this past year!
Booked November 29 for the first week of February last year. Got our preferred resort, ADRs, and knew our discount when we booked. Already booked for the same week 2014. Hoping for similar discounts.
Ladcassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:10 AM   #229
DisMama3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladcassidy View Post

Booked November 29 for the first week of February last year. Got our preferred resort, ADRs, and knew our discount when we booked. Already booked for the same week 2014. Hoping for similar discounts.
We are in the same boat! Fingers crossed for a good discount haha.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:22 AM   #230
ditsypixie
DIS Veteran

Hi! We haven't booked yet either. Just waiting on some vacation time to be approved and some budgeting...

But when we book, we were thinking of not telling kids and surprising them for Christmas? Any one else doing this? Ideas?
Old 07-14-2013, 08:37 AM   #231
DisMama3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditsypixie View Post
Hi! We haven't booked yet either. Just waiting on some vacation time to be approved and some budgeting...

But when we book, we were thinking of not telling kids and surprising them for Christmas? Any one else doing this? Ideas?
We did this last Christmas. We ordered the free maps with our family name on them and the DVD. Ironically I had this HUGE box from Disney store online shopping for the holidays that we turned inside out so the shipping labels were gone and the characters were on the outside. We put the maps and DVD in the box, and then we got balloons from the dollar store (Mickey, tinker bell and princesses). We also got some star balloons and wrote "we are going to disney world!!" with the dates on those balloons. The kids were pumped to unwrap this huge box and when they opened the box the balloons flew out.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #232
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditsypixie View Post

My daughter surprised her kids, age 5 and 3, on Christmas. They were so overwhelmed with the excitement of Christmas that they were underwhelmed by the announcement. If it was me then I would tell them a week before Christmas. They are always ready for any kid of "present" then.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:00 PM   #233
luvallprincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post

My daughter surprised her kids, age 5 and 3, on Christmas. They were so overwhelmed with the excitement of Christmas that they were underwhelmed by the announcement. If it was me then I would tell them a week before Christmas. They are always ready for any kid of "present" then.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I was considering doing the Christmas surprise, but hadn't considered that. Thanks for head's up! My kids are older at 12 and 6, so they may be able to appreciate it somewhat better...maybe Christmas Eve might be fun (since they are already unable to sleep...)

Aug 1997 CBR, April 2005 POP, May 2005 ASM
Dec 2006 POP, Nov/Dec 2009 POR, Nov/Dec 2011 POFQ
Nov/Dec 2012 WL Jan 2014 BC
luvallprincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:41 PM   #234
cutigress
Earning My Ears

Jumping to watch this thread. Heading down in January for the WDW Marathon with the family.
cutigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:30 PM   #235
pens4821
Mouseketeer

Heading MLK week. Plans changed and we couldn't go end of August as planned. Decided to spend the extra money and stay on site (most likely in an AOA suite). Hoping for a good room only discount for contemporary as we're thinking of really blowing the budget and staying in a tower TPV room for 2 or 3 nights if we can get a decent discount on it.

As much as I hate the thought of paying so much to stay on site (will be about 4X more if we do the TPV room too, 3X more w/o), it will be nice for my 6 year old nephew and it's not something that we do that often (probably not for another 8-10 years).
pens4821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:46 PM   #236
Hoosier Mom
DIS Veteran

Just got a free dining pin for January. Yay! It's odd dates though. Jan 12-16 and Jan 20-Feb 12. I let a travel agent book our trip for us this time and wouldn't you know she's out of town on a trip. Dang it. I probably won't do that again. I love having control of my own trip.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #237
mrsdrake625
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Mom View Post
Just got a free dining pin for January. Yay! It's odd dates though. Jan 12-16 and Jan 20-Feb 12. I let a travel agent book our trip for us this time and wouldn't you know she's out of town on a trip. Dang it. I probably won't do that again. I love having control of my own trip.
Woo hoo! So there might be free dining in January next year
Old 07-15-2013, 01:20 PM   #238
Piglet
Can't beat Family Love
You can't go wrong with teddy bears & chocolate
Is a very crafty challenged person but can follow directions

Quote:
Did you get it through email or postcard in the mail?? Been crossing my fingers for a free dining pin and those are my dates.

WDW Trips
Jan 2014 - Port Orleans Riverside
Nov 2012 - Pop Century
Nov 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
Nov/Dec 2010 Pop Century
Oct/Nov 2009 Pop Century
Jan 2009 - OKW
Jan 2008 - All Star Music
Oct/Nov 2007 - Pop Century
Nov 2004 - Pop Century
Oct 2003 - All Star Music
Oct 2001 - Give Kid the World Village - MAW
Nov 1999 - All Star Movies
1979 - Off Site
Piglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:39 PM   #239
DisMama3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
It is trying to skip over MLK weekend. At least there is something out there
Old 07-15-2013, 01:57 PM   #240
vacation_junkie
Have Suitcase...will Travel :)

Quote:
Right in my date range too!
Come on Pin fairy... for once deliver mamma a pin!!
Family Adventures Miami/Ft Lauderdale/Cocoa Beach/Daytona/ Texas/ St Thomas USVI/ Cuba/ Belize/ Jamaica/ Bahamas/ St Maarten/ Cozumel/ Costa Maya/Puerto Vallarta/ Honduras /Dominican Republic / Cayman Islands & Many...MANY Disney Land trips & Most recently Sailed the Disney Magic[/FONT][/SIZE]
vacation_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: