Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2013, 02:24 PM   #496
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Heading to the airport to grab Gabby so I'll be back to respond but wanted to say:

187 days!!!

I'm so excited to see her after 4 weeks of her being gone. Can't wait. Happy Sunday friends.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:40 PM   #497
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Heading to the airport to grab Gabby so I'll be back to respond but wanted to say:

187 days!!!

I'm so excited to see her after 4 weeks of her being gone. Can't wait. Happy Sunday friends.
I can't believe it's been a month already! I hope she had a fantastic time

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2013, 03:15 PM   #498
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I can't believe it's been a month already! I hope she had a fantastic time

She had an amazing time. She's pretty blue today though. You couldn't pay me to be 16 again. She doesn't love Utah necessarily and being in cool Colorado doesn't help upon returning. Reentry always sucks. I told her Thats how I feel after every vacation and it'll take a few days to acclimate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post

Love the Dixie Chicks! I am heartbroken that they don't perform together anymore. Natalie Maines has a new solo album out but I haven't listened to it yet.

Jill in CO

Its really good. DH downloaded it. Her voice is unbelievable, one of my favorites across all genres.

Quote:
You know how much I love talking about trips! as of now mom will be going to Aulani, hopefully I'll be able to drag her away from DBF. After this years drama it definitely looks like only one big trip a year and one long weekend trip a possibility. Aulani was going to be September 2014 but I decided to book the transatlantic instead which is just as well because mom wouldn't be able to go because she's chosen the Mother's Day cruise on the Fantasy as her 2014 trip with me. So Aulani has been moved to September 2015 because of cheap points, weather, and works well with moms work schedule. That will be at least 10 days if not two weeks. I've never been to Hawaii so want to do all the touristy things.

Can you adopt me? Or maybe your mom can though I think I'm closer to her age than yours. What wonderful plans you have.

Her DBF is giving her grief about vacationing with you? Without him?

10 days at Aulani will be unreal.

Quote:
Bummer. You'd be ok with them going somewhere alone?

Define alone?

Quote:
That definitely doesn't sound like long enough, especially so long inbetween visits.
I and it might be sooner but as of right now, there's nothing on the books. I hate that!

Quote:
Probably the same oldies, 50s and 60s. I really like the 70s too. I don't enjoy country, hard rock, heavy metal, and rap. Some classical I like but most of it gives me a headache. Blues, I like blues too. And some bluegrass. What am I missing?

I like that stuff too. But I also like some rap specifically the naughty Snoop Dogg variety. The bad stuff.

Love bluegrass too.

I think you're covered.

Quote:
Oh my goodness! No I hadn't heard about that. Years ago I left mine on when I went to the Bahamas and it was a couple hundred dollars. Never again. I make the last call and turn the phone to airplane mode as we leave port.

I would die with a 6k phone bill. I'm going to do exactly what you said; turn it on airplane mode and be done with it. I'm not going to go wifi even if its an option. I can live Internet free for 5 nights.

Quote:
Wow! That's a big undertaking! Very cool you gave your kids the option

Its a lot of work for everyone but very worth it. The FaceTime meeting with our rabbi went very well last night. Joshua is working hard but needs to stop it up some. I need to help him more too.

186 days!!!

Old 07-16-2013, 11:47 AM   #499
rentayenta

185 days!!!

Old 07-16-2013, 12:57 PM   #500
Pinkocto

Quote:
She had an amazing time. She's pretty blue today though. You couldn't pay me to be 16 again. She doesn't love Utah necessarily and being in cool Colorado doesn't help upon returning. Reentry always sucks. I told her Thats how I feel after every vacation and it'll take a few days to acclimate.
It's always hard coming back to reality.

Quote:
Can you adopt me? Or maybe your mom can though I think I'm closer to her age than yours. What wonderful plans you have.

Her DBF is giving her grief about vacationing with you? Without him?

10 days at Aulani will be unreal.
Sure, come along! I think you and mom would get along famously.

We both think the he's a bit jealous that we have so much fun together. He has three daughters and the only time he hears from them is if they need something. He's welcome to come with us but doesn't like crowds so won't even try WDW, and he's also closed his mind to cruising. We had him booked on a cruise but he didn't want to go. Oh well, no biggie.

I can't wait to get to Aulani, hopefully it won't have to be changed again.

Quote:
Define alone?
No parents in tow

Quote:
I and it might be sooner but as of right now, there's nothing on the books. I hate that!
Is there a non Disney family trip planned? I know we've talked about this but I can't for the life of me remember, sorry

Quote:

I like that stuff too. But I also like some rap specifically the naughty Snoop Dogg variety. The bad stuff.

Love bluegrass too.

I think you're covered.
I would never have pegged you for liking rap

Quote:
I would die with a 6k phone bill. I'm going to do exactly what you said; turn it on airplane mode and be done with it. I'm not going to go wifi even if its an option. I can live Internet free for 5 nights.
I actually find it quite freeing to be disconnected from the phone and Internet. Makes me enjoy the cruise even more I think.

Quote:
185 days!!!
We're almost at 6 months!!!!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Old 07-16-2013, 10:09 PM   #501
rentayenta

Quote:
It's always hard coming back to reality.

She's doing better today. Tomorrow I have to work but M is taking them out on the boat. She's excited for that. Plus she's applying at Great Harvest Bread tomorrow.

Quote:
Sure, come along! I think you and mom would get along famously.

I have no doubt. She raised a great kid.

Quote:
We both think the he's a bit jealous that we have so much fun together. He has three daughters and the only time he hears from them is if they need something. He's welcome to come with us but doesn't like crowds so won't even try WDW, and he's also closed his mind to cruising. We had him booked on a cruise but he didn't want to go. Oh well, no biggie.

I can't wait to get to Aulani, hopefully it won't have to be changed again.

He's jealous? That's too bad. How long have they been together? If he's been invited and declined he really has no reason to be upset. Also, mom/child trips are the greatest so he should support that but it seems like he's not a priority in his daughters' lives so I'm sure you and your mom's solid relationship is foreign to him.

Quote:
No parents in tow

You caught me before I edited. I meant to say: define okay. I don't know how I feel about it. She's still my baby but she'll be 17 before next Spring Break.

Quote:
Is there a non Disney family trip planned? I know we've talked about this but I can't for the life of me remember, sorry

We have tons of stuff planned and I can hardly keep it straight. Currently we've got:

- Vegas, just M and I in early August
- Miami, M for *work* middle August
- So Cal, maybe to slim, just me and the kids, the week after M gets back from Miami
- Bear Lake, Labor Day Weekend, our family and two others
- Santa Barbara CA, M for *work*, late Sept

- Vegas, Thanksgiving for a soccer tournament, either me and just Joshua or me and all the kids if the girls decide to come with

- Cruise , me and Joshua, January
- Zihua, Feb, me and M

Sorry you asked?

Quote:
I would never have pegged you for liking rap

I know, right? I don't like 99% of it but I'd be lying if I said I didn't love me some Snoop Dogg and NWA.

Quote:
I actually find it quite freeing to be disconnected from the phone and Internet. Makes me enjoy the cruise even more I think.

I agree, it won't be any tragedy. Do you do a white board on our door?

Quote:
We're almost at 6 months!!!!

Do you know what you're doing in Cozumel? I'm looking at Disney excursions and some look fun. I want Joshua to see real Mexico thought too so I'm torn. I canceled Nachi Cocum; seemed too mellow with no water toys and only 100 people total. Seems more folks with younger kids go. Paradise Beach is also an option. My Spanish is decent and I could surely navigate us around.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:46 AM   #502
rentayenta

184 days!!!!

Pam, is there anything special we can book at the 6 month mark ?

Still looking for flights. Mine haven't changed. Still wanting SW as we'll maybe have enough points for one free round trip after our trip to Vegas and M's trip to Miami.

Old 07-17-2013, 11:15 AM   #503
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Wow! Six months tomorrow!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:21 AM   #504
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Wow! Six months tomorrow!

I know, I'm crazy excited. I had Joshua start looking at excursions for Cozumel last night. I think we'll play CC by ear as it may be a little chilly. I'd love for him to see Mexico though. Real Mexico. My Spanish is good enough to get us around. He's not interested in ruins or long bus rides. Disney does have some fun looking excursions though that include beach time.

I can't decide. I'm torn between hopping in a cab and finding a beach on our own with lunch or doing an excursion. The local food is amazing and I'd love to find a little place on the sand to enjoy real Mexican food. He loves fish tacos, any seafood. I can bring a frisbee and sand toys and he'd be golden.

Old 07-17-2013, 01:10 PM   #505
Pinkocto

Quote:
She's doing better today. Tomorrow I have to work but M is taking them out on the boat. She's excited for that. Plus she's applying at Great Harvest Bread tomorrow.
That's great, fingers crossed she gets the job!

Quote:
I have no doubt. She raised a great kid.
Thank you

Quote:
He's jealous? That's too bad. How long have they been together? If he's been invited and declined he really has no reason to be upset. Also, mom/child trips are the greatest so he should support that but it seems like he's not a priority in his daughters' lives so I'm sure you and your mom's solid relationship is foreign to him.
Right, jealous as in he'd like to enjoy time with his girls without drama, and/or they do something nice for him just because they love him.

They've been together for about 9 years.

Quote:

You caught me before I edited. I meant to say: define okay. I don't know how I feel about it. She's still my baby but she'll be 17 before next Spring Break.
Has she said where she'd like to go? Thats a big step!

Quote:

We have tons of stuff planned and I can hardly keep it straight. Currently we've got:

- Vegas, just M and I in early August
- Miami, M for *work* middle August
- So Cal, maybe to slim, just me and the kids, the week after M gets back from Miami
- Bear Lake, Labor Day Weekend, our family and two others
- Santa Barbara CA, M for *work*, late Sept

- Vegas, Thanksgiving for a soccer tournament, either me and just Joshua or me and all the kids if the girls decide to come with

- Cruise , me and Joshua, January
- Zihua, Feb, me and M

Sorry you asked?

Lots of trips planned! Anything for next summer yet?

Quote:
I know, right? I don't like 99% of it but I'd be lying if I said I didn't love me some Snoop Dogg and NWA.

I have no idea who NWA are

Quote:
I agree, it won't be any tragedy. Do you do a white board on our door?
No, for writing notes?

Quote:
Do you know what you're doing in Cozumel? I'm looking at Disney excursions and some look fun. I want Joshua to see real Mexico thought too so I'm torn. I canceled Nachi Cocum; seemed too mellow with no water toys and only 100 people total. Seems more folks with younger kids go. Paradise Beach is also an option. My Spanish is decent and I could surely navigate us around. [/CENTER]
I had it all set before mom wasn't coming. Now I'm still trying to figure it out. I'm thinking a beach day. I'd love to go back to Punta Sur but the excursions that go there don't stay very long. Most everybody speaks English, you'll be fine navigating. Some of the excursions to Playa del Carmen look fun but I don't like the hour ferry ride both ways.

Old 07-17-2013, 01:20 PM   #506
Pinkocto

Quote:
184 days!!!!

Pam, is there anything special we can book at the 6 month mark ?

I wish, but we have to wait for the three month mark.

Quote:

Still looking for flights. Mine haven't changed. Still wanting SW as we'll maybe have enough points for one free round trip after our trip to Vegas and M's trip to Miami.
I still need my flight home. They don't seem to be going down. They usually do though, so I'm going to wait. Awesome about having enough points, that's always nice on the pocketbook

Old 07-17-2013, 06:54 PM   #507
rentayenta

Quote:
That's great, fingers crossed she gets the job!

We're at a bit of a crossroads with regards to her working. I think a small very part time job wouldn't hurt but M's wanting something more time intensive. The problem is that I want her home to help me. Driving Joshua and cleaning some is work to me. I'm hoping she finds a one day a week little gig.

Quote:
Right, jealous as in he'd like to enjoy time with his girls without drama, and/or they do something nice for him just because they love him.

They've been together for about 9 years.

They've been together a long time. Do they live together?

That's too bad about his kids. I'm sure he's so envious of how close you and your mom are.

Quote:
Has she said where she'd like to go? Thats a big step!
Colorado to see her camp friends. It's about an 8 hour drive. We'll see. That's a big step for me and she's a young driver without much experience.

Quote:
Lots of trips planned! Anything for next summer yet?

Sadly no. I'd love to have something in mind but with the kids soccer and dance and Gabby's camp, it's so hard to make summer plans. I sure miss the days when they could miss school and we could travel at off times.

Quote:
I have no idea who NWA are
Goole. They're naughty so if you're offended by horrible graphic language, you won't like them. NWA is compromised of Easy E (deceased), Wren, Dr. Dre, and Ice Cube. Later Snoop and Dre did some things together.

Quote:
No, for writing notes?

Yeah. How did you and your mom communicate?

Quote:
I had it all set before mom wasn't coming. Now I'm still trying to figure it out. I'm thinking a beach day. I'd love to go back to Punta Sur but the excursions that go there don't stay very long. Most everybody speaks English, you'll be fine navigating. Some of the excursions to Playa del Carmen look fun but I don't like the hour ferry ride both ways.

There are excursions to Playa Del Carmen? An hour ferry? That doesn't sound great. Hmmm.......

Quote:

I wish, but we have to wait for the three month mark.

In the infamous words of Tom Petty, the waiting is the hast part.

Quote:
I still need my flight home. They don't seem to be going down. They usually do though, so I'm going to wait. Awesome about having enough points, that's always nice on the pocketbook

I agree, the prices aren't budging. I think there are fewer flights and they're more full/fuller so they can charge what they want.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:06 PM   #508
MEK
DIS Veteran

You are just clicking off the dates! Before you know it you'll be down to 150!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:04 PM   #509
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Ok I may have missed a little bit of the chatter but here is what I got...
  1. Gabby....job interview.
  2. Gabby...wants to drive to CO to see friends
  3. Pam's mom's DBF is a party pooper and I'm sad he doesn't have a better relationship with his daughters
  4. and somehow a SoCal trip snuck in there!

And here is what I think
  1. Gabby....job interview. If she gets it, it is likely to be part time and as a newbie she'll get nights first anyway...meaning she may well be able to still help. Plus you'll get some great bread at home.
  2. Gabby...wants to drive to CO to see friends. Yeah, no way would I be ok with that at her age to be honest. Here she'd be too young to have others her age in the car and that's too far solo.
  3. Pam's mom's DBF is a party pooper and I'm sad he doesn't have a better relationship with his daughters oh, wait that is what I think
  4. and somehow a SoCal trip snuck in there! why does this not surprise me???

I'm not a whole lot of help on the Cozumel excursions piece. I've been there, stayed there, I do think you could find plenty to do without an excursion, or pick a shorter one to mix it up.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:29 AM   #510
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
You are just clicking off the dates! Before you know it you'll be down to 150!
Were plugging along. I'm tenacious if nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Ok I may have missed a little bit of the chatter but here is what I got...
  1. Gabby....job interview.
  2. Gabby...wants to drive to CO to see friends
  3. Pam's mom's DBF is a party pooper and I'm sad he doesn't have a better relationship with his daughters
  4. and somehow a SoCal trip snuck in there!

And here is what I think
  1. Gabby....job interview. If she gets it, it is likely to be part time and as a newbie she'll get nights first anyway...meaning she may well be able to still help. Plus you'll get some great bread at home.
  2. Gabby...wants to drive to CO to see friends. Yeah, no way would I be ok with that at her age to be honest. Here she'd be too young to have others her age in the car and that's too far solo.
  3. Pam's mom's DBF is a party pooper and I'm sad he doesn't have a better relationship with his daughters oh, wait that is what I think
  4. and somehow a SoCal trip snuck in there! why does this not surprise me???

I'm not a whole lot of help on the Cozumel excursions piece. I've been there, stayed there, I do think you could find plenty to do without an excursion, or pick a shorter one to mix it up.

In a nutshell, give or take. Gabby doesn't have an interview yet, just dropping off the application. So Cal for August is iffy but since DH is going to Miami for a week for business and trust me when I say it's not harrowing or stressful, I have a little leverage for a quick drive to So Cal. My friend lives in Seal just a block or so away so we'd stay with her. Disney is not likely as I can't stomach or afford or justify the rices for 4 one day hoppers. They're just outrageous. The kids swear they'll be fine with the beach and I actually believe them. We need some beach time.

Good idea on Cozumel. I really love Mexico. Real Mexico. I love Cabo about 2 blocks inland. I can't stand the port area. It's like shopping in Newport Beach at Fashion Island or some other outdoor shopping venue. Not my thing. Joshua hasn't been to Mexico and I want him to get a feel for the culture. I know that'll be difficult with what, 7 hours, but doable for sure. Safety is key but I'm not reading any traveler warnings for Cozumel any than the same warnings for places like say NYC. Be smart, money away, blah blah blah.

Then I see this on the Disney website:

Speed Boat Beach Escape

On this tour you will:

Meet your guide and take an approximate 20-minute taxi ride to Barracuda Beach, where you will receive a short safety briefing on the operation of your 2-person speed boat. Don your life jacket (mandatory), get behind the wheel and head out through the turquoise seas.
You will drive your boat past sugar white beaches, hidden lagoons and local wildlife during the approximate 60-minute boat adventure.
Return to Barracuda Beach for a Mexican grilled lunch that includes chicken fajitas, quesadillas, nachos with cheese, salsas and fresh fruit. 2 beverages (water or flavored water) are included.
Bask in the sun, swim in the ocean, explore the beach, join in a friendly game of volleyball or just relax under your beach umbrella during your approximate 90 minutes of beach time.
Return to the pier with an approximate 20-minute taxi ride.

How fun does that look? Here's the link:

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cr...-beach-escape/

The only bummer is the food. We could eat a lot better and authentic in town for sure.

6 months or 183 days!!!

Looks like 6 months isn't always 180 days on the nose.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: