Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2013, 10:49 AM   #796
OMD13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidlette View Post
Hi everyone - we're happy to announce that we're joining you on this sailing!

We are: Jessica (me, 33 at time of sailing), Ryan (34 at time of sailing), and Lorelai (2 at time of sailing). This will be mine and Ryan's 5th Disney Cruise giving us Gold status at the end of it! Lorelai, although only a baby, is also a Castaway Club member and already has silver status herself! We are Disney fanatics and love everything Disney. We are DVC members, Castaway Club, and we live in SoCal so we go to DL about every other weekend, sometimes more. It took us 9 years to have our precious little girl, but even before we had her we were taking Disney vacations and had joined DVC, so Disney is just kind of "in our blood." Anyway - I've always wanted to do a long sailing, and I've always been curious about Panama, so I'm so excited that we finally get to do it now! Honestly, my 1st choice would be Alaska, but we're going to wait until Lorelai is a bit older for that (because there are a lot of excursions and stuff we'd want to do to "do it right"). We really don't care for Mexico so we'll probably only get off the ship in Cartagena (just to say we've been to Columbia). For the most part though, we really just enjoy the cruising and don't care too much about the ports. Experiencing going through the locks though will be amazing!

Anyhow, that's about it for now. We can't wait to "meet" everyone!

Also, I just signed up for the Palo group Brunch and the FE! We did a Palo Brunch in the private dining room and it was amazing - we can't wait to do it again!

Glad to have you join us on this cruise. I know we are all going to have a great time.

OMD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:34 AM   #797
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeans1010 View Post
So I did good this morning:
I changed our room category, which meant we changed room numbers. I was in an 11B room. Now we're 7564. Went up to 5A. I was debating if I wanted to go to a 4A. They wouldn't freebie us up to Concierge level if we were at 4A would they?
Congrats on your up grade to a veranda!! DW and I always cruise in a veranda stateroon. We love sitting out there watching the ocean and enjoying the sea breeze. Up next for us..........................one of these years, we would like to try concierge!!! (Yeah, like THAT will ever happen............got to win the lottery first!!!)

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2013, 11:50 AM   #798
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran

We had been talking about upgrading. It had always been our intention to, but I started us out at the cheapest room because I was on-board needing to put a deposit down. Now that there's three of us, two being smokers, it makes more sense (to which I apologize to any of the surrounding people. I don't smoke.). Plus it gives me a place to write during the day, I am a huge writer/journaler.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:11 PM   #799
Bellecruiser
Mouseketeer

Hi All,

DH and I just signed up for this cruise while on the Med/Venice cruise. We are very excited and looking forward to getting to know the group.

EBPC, Sep 2014
BCV for F&W 2014
SSR Jan 2015
Bellecruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:27 PM   #800
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellecruiser View Post
Hi All,

DH and I just signed up for this cruise while on the Med/Venice cruise. We are very excited and looking forward to getting to know the group.
to Bellecruiser and your DH to the cruise. So glad ya'll are joining us!!! If you haven't already done so, check out the first page - first post for more information you might be interested in. Also, there you will find some graphics some of our talented cruisers have done. They are free for you to down load and use however you like. Again, welcome aboard, we are going to have a GREAT time!!!

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:45 PM   #801
KyCruisinSusan
Proud DVC/AKV Owner

to all the newbies who've joined this group since Mom and I did. We are going to have so much . I can finally post that I have officially lost and . Only 4 more sizes to get to my ultimate goal.

I have a questions for you veterans of FE. We weren't aware of them on our previous sailings, and I have an idea of what I am going to create for our door (thanks David) but what do you all usually get as gifts to put in others FEs? How much do you spend? Do you give crafty handmade items? How does it work?

July 03 Wonder 3 Day, BB, MK;
Nov 04 AS Sports 4 Days/ Eastern Magic;
Dec 05 PopCentury;Oct 07 Adult Only PopCentury;
Dec 08 Christmas Port Orleans Riverside
Dec 10 AKV Kidani and BLT Adult Only
July 12 Sweet 16 Boardwalk Girls Only Trip
KyCruisinSusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:14 PM   #802
Futurist
REAL magic is when you can make people WANT to believe!

Quote:
I put my PTO request in for the first few days and the last few days of the trip, I did that back in....May? Originally there was 6 from my hospital going on this trip. Now there's 3. I thought to do it early.

So I did good this morning:
I changed our room category, which meant we changed room numbers. I was in an 11B room. Now we're 7564. Went up to 5A. I was debating if I wanted to go to a 4A. They wouldn't freebie us up to Concierge level if we were at 4A would they?
Hey kdeans,

That's quite a jump from 11B to 5A – congrats! I don't think they freebie up to concierge on the Classic ships because the only Concierge staterooms are suites, unlike the Dream-class ships.

The other thing to think about is that if you're on deck 8, then you've got all the pools and such above you, and so will get the sound of running feet, deck chair movement, and so forth from the deck above. We deliberately booked a 5A instead of a 4A on a February cruise on the Fantasy to stay away from the pool deck. Just something to consider.

In any event, I'm sure we'll all have a great time, no matter where we are!

All the best,
Richard
WBTA – Sept. 18-Oct. 2, 2010
Disney Dream, Feb. 6-10, 2011
Disney Fantasy Maiden Voyage(!!), March 31-April 7, 2012
Disney Wonder, Jan. 28-Feb. 2, 2013
Disney Fantasy, February 8th-15th, 2014
EBPC, Disney Wonder, Sept. 12th-26th, 2014 (36th anniversary celebration)
Futurist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:14 PM   #803
Kidlette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
Jessica, Ryan and Lorelai!! I'm Stephanie, sailing with DH Dave, we are also DVC members. We are empty nesters who love Disney as well. We sailed the Panama Canal in 2008 and adored it! Sounds like you found the front page with all the info!!! We also have a FB page as well!
Thanks, we're happy to be here! It's nice to meet other DVC members, we LOVE talking it up! Where do you own? We own at AKV. We actually leave in 3 months from tomorrow for a 15 day trip!!! It's our 11 year wedding anniversary and will be the first trip to WDW with a child, so it will be an interesting experience! We take her to DL just about every other weekend, so the characters and things won't be new - but there will be so much more at WDW that it will be interesting to see how she reacts!

We did see the front page, thank you I noticed there was a FB page too, I just haven't sent the request yet, but I will. We did a group lunch in the private Palo dining room before, so that will be fun to do again. We've also done FE's before, so that will be good. It will be the first time doing it with a kid, so that should be fun for her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
I too would like to Kidlette & Family, (Jessica, Ryan & Lorelai), to the cruise!!! So glad ya'll are joining us on the cruise. Looking forward to meeting everyone as well. Like Stephanie, DW and I are empty nesters as well, we have been HUGH Disney fans every since we were about Lorelai's age. We are planning on flying out a week early to take in Disneyland before the cruise. We have never been to Disneyland, but it was on our bucket list of things to do before we....................................ahhhhhhhhhhh hhhh..................before we................ammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......... ....before we take the Alaska cruise..................yeah that's it...............before we take an Alaska cruise. Seriously, we have wanted to do Disneyland for sometime now, and thought this was a GREAT opportunity to see it while we were out there. Now hopefully DW can get that much time off from work. She has over 5 weeks vacation allowed but her company frowns on taking more then 2 weeks at a time. We'll know here in another 2 months or so. Glad you found the first page and the first post. All of the graphics are free for everyone to download and use on the cruise. Again, welcome aboard!!!
Thanks!! And, thank you for setting everything up! At least, I think it was you, right? Typically I've been the "leader" for past DIS groups and I am SO GLAD I don't have to do it for this one!!! With a 1 year old it's just really hard to keep up with all of that. We've arranged group Palo's, managed FE lists, arranged for group wristbands, created and managed private websites for the groups, etc. and it's SO MUCH WORK! It seems that this group is FABULOUSLY run and we can't wait to be a part of it (and not have to do any of the work) We are so happy to be here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMD13 View Post

Glad to have you join us on this cruise. I know we are all going to have a great time.
Thanks!

Quote:
Welcome!
Thanks!

Coming Soon - January 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas!
October 2012: Disney Wonder (Mexican Riviera)
January 2011: Disney Wonder (Mexican Riviera)
January 2011: Disney Wonder (Cruise to Nowhere)
January 2010: Animal Kingdom Villas
January 2009: Animal Kingdom Villas
January 2009: Coronado Springs Resort
January 2009: Disney Wonder (Bahamas)
October 2008: Port Orleans French Quarter
xxxxMay 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort
January 2008: Port Orleans French Quarter

Kidlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:24 PM   #804
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi All,

So glad to welcome you to our happy group! Boy we are growing every day!!!!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Va-NanaTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:25 PM   #805
Kidlette
DIS Veteran

I haven't had a chance to read all of the posts yet. In fact, I've only read the 1st post and the posts after my original, so I've pretty much read nothing! I'm going to try and catch up though and read everything in the next couple of days! With that said, I apologize if this info is somewhere and/or if it has been discussed before. If so, please forgive me.

Question 1:
I noticed from the few posts I have read that many people seem to be traveling without kids (which makes sense on a 2 week sailing). On past sailings we've found that most kids are older. Is there anyone traveling who will have a child the same age as Lorelai at the time of sailing? She will be 2 and a half. So, anyone with a 2 or 3 year old? We're going to sign up to link dining with others who have kids, but just thought we'd ask here too. We'd love some families with kids her age that we can have her hang with and/or link dining with. Thanks!

Question 2:
Anyone staying and doing a week (or any amount of time) at WDW after the sailing? For us it will depend on money - we'll have to see if we can save enough to pay this part of the trip first But - being DVC members our room would be free, and because of the cruise it's only 1 flight home, so it would almost be a shame to not go to WDW since we'll be in MCO. Really, the only cost for us would be food and tickets. Like I said though, we'll have to see how finances work out first. If we don't do that, then we might save up to try Europe or Aulani in 2015. Then again, this will be our last chance to take her to WDW and not have to pay for her ticket, lol! So maybe we should suck it up and make it happen? We'd love to hear what everyone else's plans are!

Old 07-14-2013, 04:48 PM   #806
DisneyMouseHouse

Help! I am a DIS Addict!

Hi All -
Just a quick note to welcome you all to the cruise!

I've been MIA for a couple of months due to vacation and some personal issues.

For those of you who do FB more than the DIS, if you are also looking for a place to get graphics for door decorations, etc, etc, we have a great FB page for that and some wonderful folks who do customized graphics....
https://www.facebook.com/groups/530433526987331/

ALSO - for all of you who have been asking about a confirmation that you are on the FE List or the Palo Group Brunch list - I JUST NOW sent out an e-mail to each one of you. The only person I could not send one too (due to incomplete e-mail) I sent a message on the DIS to get their e-mail address.

Any questions, please PM me or e-mail me at disneymousehouse@disboards.net

Thanks all - Beverly
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

Our Travels
DisneyMouseHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:51 PM   #807
OMD13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi All,

Glad that you will be joining us. Look forward to meeting you. We are going to be a fun group.

OMD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:05 PM   #808
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I haven't had a chance to read all of the posts yet. In fact, I've only read the 1st post and the posts after my original, so I've pretty much read nothing! I'm going to try and catch up though and read everything in the next couple of days! With that said, I apologize if this info is somewhere and/or if it has been discussed before. If so, please forgive me.

Question 1:
I noticed from the few posts I have read that many people seem to be traveling without kids (which makes sense on a 2 week sailing). On past sailings we've found that most kids are older. Is there anyone traveling who will have a child the same age as Lorelai at the time of sailing? She will be 2 and a half. So, anyone with a 2 or 3 year old? We're going to sign up to link dining with others who have kids, but just thought we'd ask here too. We'd love some families with kids her age that we can have her hang with and/or link dining with. Thanks!

Question 2:
Anyone staying and doing a week (or any amount of time) at WDW after the sailing? For us it will depend on money - we'll have to see if we can save enough to pay this part of the trip first But - being DVC members our room would be free, and because of the cruise it's only 1 flight home, so it would almost be a shame to not go to WDW since we'll be in MCO. Really, the only cost for us would be food and tickets. Like I said though, we'll have to see how finances work out first. If we don't do that, then we might save up to try Europe or Aulani in 2015. Then again, this will be our last chance to take her to WDW and not have to pay for her ticket, lol! So maybe we should suck it up and make it happen? We'd love to hear what everyone else's plans are!
No kid for us, but we are thinking about a couple of days at WDW...we would have Friday, Saturday and fly home Sunday. Can't really take any more time off since we plan to fly to San Diego a couple of days in advance of the cruise. If I had more time, I think I'd stay a couple days more.

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Va-NanaTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:10 PM   #809
Thnlk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi everyone - we're happy to announce that we're joining you on this sailing!
Welcome we are also on the cruise you just dropped how funny is that.

Disneyland Tokyo 1990
Disneyland California 2009
Disney Wester Caribbean Cruise 2011/2013/2015
Disney World 2011 / 2012 / 2014
Disney Eastern Carribean Cruise 2012
Disney Alaskian Cruise 2012
Disney California Coast Cruise 2014
Disney Panama Canal repo 2014
Thnlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:31 PM   #810
Kidlette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thnlk View Post
Welcome we are also on the cruise you just dropped how funny is that.
That is funny - what a small world!! Glad we'll still get to meet

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: