Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-13-2013, 02:42 PM   #1621
coneygoil
Mouseketeer
 
coneygoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 427

I'd really like to try the T-Rex restaurant since Cady thinks dinosaurs are cool. Is it real loud in there? The Rainforest Cafe can get loud, but the one time I ate there, we must of been sitting in a spot where it didn't have as much noise. That steak looked amazing...
__________________

Zorro Gets The Ladies (10-2-09 MNSSHP)
Hopping a Plane Alone with a Toddler...Yep, I'm Crazy (Jan. '13 TR)
Cast Member Appreciation! In memory of Mr. Bob who worked on Main Street USA
coneygoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #1622
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Wicket's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,012

Your purse is cute, mine is the satchel, really is a bit bigger than I wanted. I got it right before my trip last September from Disney Store for 25% off.

I made a score today, found the Mickey cast aluminum salad set. The bowl looks like the lower half of Mickey & rests on his feet. The servers are Mickey's hands. I just love it!

After seeing your food & the pictures Terranasauras Rex, I'm really sorry we went to Rainforest instead. Your t-bone looked very tasty!
__________________
wicket's mom WDW-1975 thru 1985 offsite, stayed FW in '86
CSR '02, CB'06, CSR '09, CBR '11, AKL '12, AKL '13
Fast Passes, We Don't Need No Stinkin' Fast Passes
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-13-2013, 09:39 PM   #1623
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,110

Great DTD photos of the shops, and all the Christmas decorations.

Those are some of the best pics I've ever seen of T-Rex...very cool.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:47 PM   #1624
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,422

Quote:
Originally Posted by coneygoil View Post
I'd really like to try the T-Rex restaurant since Cady thinks dinosaurs are cool. Is it real loud in there? The Rainforest Cafe can get loud, but the one time I ate there, we must of been sitting in a spot where it didn't have as much noise. That steak looked amazing...
I don't remember it being too loud. I think less than Rainforest from what I remember.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Your purse is cute, mine is the satchel, really is a bit bigger than I wanted. I got it right before my trip last September from Disney Store for 25% off.

I made a score today, found the Mickey cast aluminum salad set. The bowl looks like the lower half of Mickey & rests on his feet. The servers are Mickey's hands. I just love it!

After seeing your food & the pictures Terranasauras Rex, I'm really sorry we went to Rainforest instead. Your t-bone looked very tasty!
Score!!!! I am trying to stay away from the Disney Store but someone on a cruise group posted a picture of a Cruise dooney for really cheap. I think it was an old link because it's completely sold out and it's a 2011 style. I would've caved and bought it if I could have though
It was very tasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great DTD photos of the shops, and all the Christmas decorations.

Those are some of the best pics I've ever seen of T-Rex...very cool.
Thanks Kathy. I have only seen a few, so I wasn't sure what it did look like in there, except for the ice cave. We had a good time.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:54 AM   #1625
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,422

We started the trek to the Little Mermaid section then.



You have to go through the Lion King Area and itís bigger than I expected.























Finally!!! The Little Mermaid section.



We had to stop for a few photo ops.











I canít remember our room number at the moment, but we were on the left hand side of the pool, first floor like we request. Just a little ways down from King Triton.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:57 AM   #1626
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,422

We were excited to see out room!



OK, letís fix the camera settings, so everyone can see the roomÖÖ





We had a King bed.



We did not request this, but it didnít matter to us one way or the other.











Claire was very happy with the room.



I thought the walls of the shower were really neat, but it did make the room a bit too dark.

















I liked this headboard light.





We decided to go get our new mugs with this current dining plan and bring drinks back to the room.



A lot of the plant life had brown edges. I am not sure if they were being over watered, not enough water, or what the deal was, but they werenít taking off like they should.









As we headed back to the food court we saw a guy with a cart and our luggage was on it. I asked if we needed to be in the room, and he told me no and we kept going then.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:59 AM   #1627
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner
 
Caretames1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Central Wisconsin
Posts: 3,351

I really loved being at AoA. Yes the walk back at night was the killer sometimes, but it just was an awesome resort.

I love seeing the pictures of it, and Kadence thinks Claire looked happy to see it.
__________________
2014, A Disney Free Year
IN PROGRESS: SURPRISE...You forgot WHAT!?!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3022868
SURPRISE! Can we do it again? Nov 2012 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post44413308
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:30 AM   #1628
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,422

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I really loved being at AoA. Yes the walk back at night was the killer sometimes, but it just was an awesome resort.

I love seeing the pictures of it, and Kadence thinks Claire looked happy to see it.
I wish we had had more time to enjoy it. We only swam once the whole time and she never made it in the Little Mermaid pool at all. just not enough days this trip.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #1629
dizneeat
DIS Veteran
 
dizneeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Austria
Posts: 14,332

The Little Mermaid section and the room look great. When we visited, that area was still boarded off, but I did not like the LONG treck back to the main building. I really hope they have a parking lot somewhere close to the LM section, otherwise that resort is not for us. After a day at the parks that is too much walking.

You can see Claire liked the room, her smile gives her away. I like all the curtains (divider, bathroom), they look so neat.
__________________
Players: Karin Tom Find our trips here: Magicaldisneytrips
DLRP: Aug 12 - 21, 2014 to put our APs to good use
WDW, DCL: July 26 Magic/Med March 29 Magic/Western
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:00 PM   #1630
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,422

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
The Little Mermaid section and the room look great. When we visited, that area was still boarded off, but I did not like the LONG treck back to the main building. I really hope they have a parking lot somewhere close to the LM section, otherwise that resort is not for us. After a day at the parks that is too much walking.

You can see Claire liked the room, her smile gives her away. I like all the curtains (divider, bathroom), they look so neat.
Yes there is parking back there. I never tried it but I wondered if the sidewalk on that side of the building would be any faster.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:05 PM   #1631
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,110

Love your room. If I wasn't so anti-value resorts, I know Mark would love to stay there one day.

Great pictures, as always, Jen.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:43 PM   #1632
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 27,822

I love the purse. I have to invest in another one of the larger purses at some stage.

AoA looks amazing. I am normally not a fan of the value resorts, but I can imagine staying there. All the little touches like the fish around the mirror and the headboard light are so neat.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:34 PM   #1633
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Wicket's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,012

I really like the tile in the shower even though it is dark. Gives a neat underwater vibe when taking a shower. The whole room was so cool, decor was wonderful.
__________________
wicket's mom WDW-1975 thru 1985 offsite, stayed FW in '86
CSR '02, CB'06, CSR '09, CBR '11, AKL '12, AKL '13
Fast Passes, We Don't Need No Stinkin' Fast Passes
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #1634
starousse
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 1,248

What an amazing trip! I could only dream about doing this one day.
starousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:51 PM   #1635
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,422

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Love your room. If I wasn't so anti-value resorts, I know Mark would love to stay there one day.

Great pictures, as always, Jen.

LOL. I like the Values. The bus service is superior to the other resorts. And the food courts are better too. The only down fall is double beds verses queens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I love the purse. I have to invest in another one of the larger purses at some stage.

AoA looks amazing. I am normally not a fan of the value resorts, but I can imagine staying there. All the little touches like the fish around the mirror and the headboard light are so neat.

Corinna
I am always looking for my next purse.
I do like the Values. I have yet to try a mod, but the values beat the deluxes for me in many ways.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I really like the tile in the shower even though it is dark. Gives a neat underwater vibe when taking a shower. The whole room was so cool, decor was wonderful.
That is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starousse View Post
What an amazing trip! I could only dream about doing this one day.
Someday ......you wll!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: