Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How should we split the FE?
Split the FE list in half (2 groups 22 - 26 staterooms) 15 50.00%
Stick to the idea of a headcount (3 groups (14/15 staterroms) 15 50.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2013, 01:36 PM   #691
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefamilyford View Post
Hoping some of you can answer this pressing question ; )

Is it possible to sign up for Mixology/Tasting classes prior to boarding OR do you have to wait until you board? We did a champagne tasting on the Dream and really enjoyed it. I recently read if you are signing up once on board, it does not start until 3:30. If this is correct, attending the meet and greet, signing up for a tasting and hitting the sail away party as well as muster drill will make a for a busy couple of hours.

Posted this exact same question on Facebook as well and someone mentioned the possibility of a private group. If anyone is interested in organizing, my husband and I are in.
Sign up for Mixology and/or Tastings can only be made on board. Best time to do so is when you get your navigator for the next day. Never had a problem not getting what we wanted.
You can also walk up to a tasting and pay there - I have never seen them turning anyone away.
Private Mixology:
If you want to do that you need at least 25 people who participate and their stateroom numbers (or if not assigned yet, their reservation number). You will be able to choose a time on a sea day when you want to do that. Max people is 40 I think. You need to call DCL to set this up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisakweir View Post
Just to make sure, kelmarie66 and monkeespaw were added to Group A with the age correction for 7134? I'm starting my gifts today and want to be sure that when I print the list again, it's the most current. Thanks in advance.
The lists that are posted here are the most current ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisakweir View Post
Thanks yellowrose.

I was reading a post on a Facebook page about people changing cabin numbers at the last minute and people cancelling their cruise. One of the people said their coordinator had a white board on her door with these notes. How will ours be handled if we have any of these situations?
If you or someone else is upgraded or buys an upgrade at port, you will be responsible to notify anyone in your FE group. Best way to do so is to either call everyone via stateroom phone/wave phone or put a note into everyone's FE.
I will NOT have a white board on my door.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:35 PM   #692
vbgal
Earning My Ears

Vacation bells are almost ringing!

I'm so excited about our cruise!

If we can guarantee at least 25 folks for the mixology session, I'll give DCL a call and set it up. If you are a for sure, let me know the number of folks and you're stateroom numbers. I've never organized this event before, but it seems pretty straightforward. I'm guessing these sessions are only available on at sea days. The only times my DH and I cannot not got are on 8/12 & 8/13 from 11:30-1:30.

What times are good for you all?

Also,
I can have a white board on my door for those who have room changes/upgrades. I'm near the aft elevators. Stateroom 7664. I hope this helps.

Thanks Karin for getting the groups organized and thank you Shelly for the awesome color-coded breakdown.

Can't wait to meet everyone!
vbgal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2013, 08:43 AM   #693
yellowrosedtxn
Mouseketeer

Thanks Jenn for organizing the Mixology list!

Also, if you are on the DISboards and would like to join the cruise group on FB, here is the page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/239418719534163/

The name of the group is "Cruising to the Caribbean On the Fantasy August 10, 2013". If you want to look up the group that way as well. It is a closed Group.

yellowrosedtxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #694
Msmit002
Family Concierge

Late Arrival Fish Extender List

Good morning! We are officially less than 30 days away from sailaway!

I have taken up the task of organizing a FE list for Late Arrivals (those that missed the June 30 cutoff). If you would like to be included, please PM me with your names, cabin number, ages etc. I am maintaining this list over on Facebook so that Karin doesn't have to worry about it (because she has enough to deal with) AND it is easy for me to update on the fly since we are sooo close to leaving!

I WILL have a small whiteboard on my cabin for last-minute cabin changes (port upgrades, etc.) that are communicated to me. The best way to do so is to flag me down at the 3:15PM meet up or ringy-dingy me on the wave phone. I am in Cabin 7146, and I'm sure whoever has the second phone (my DH or DM) will give me the message.

Can't wait to meet everyone! This is going to be a GREAT vacation!
Msmit002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:24 PM   #695
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

FE ......... changes to LIST B!!!!!

Embraer has just let me know that he is splitting his FE list with his brother. Embraer will still be on list A, his brother is going to take over list B.
Please note that there is a change in names and a change in stateroom number.
I put them on the list as Embraer's brother.

Thank you!
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 07-11-2013, 04:43 PM   #696
Embraer
Mouseketeer

And if anybody has started personalised gifts for me and they're now in my brother's half don't worry about changing anything just deliver them to me. He's aware that this might happen but rest assured you'll get return gifts regardless. The irony is he lives in Atlanta but I'm bring over all the English type gifts. Still could be worse for y'all, you could be getting grits, pickled peaches & coke memorabilia if he were gifting local products
Old 07-12-2013, 08:53 PM   #697
captainminnie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmit002 View Post
Good morning! We are officially less than 30 days away from sailaway!

I have taken up the task of organizing a FE list for Late Arrivals (those that missed the June 30 cutoff). If you would like to be included, please PM me with your names, cabin number, ages etc. I am maintaining this list over on Facebook so that Karin doesn't have to worry about it (because she has enough to deal with) AND it is easy for me to update on the fly since we are sooo close to leaving!

I WILL have a small whiteboard on my cabin for last-minute cabin changes (port upgrades, etc.) that are communicated to me. The best way to do so is to flag me down at the 3:15PM meet up or ringy-dingy me on the wave phone. I am in Cabin 7146, and I'm sure whoever has the second phone (my DH or DM) will give me the message.

Can't wait to meet everyone! This is going to be a GREAT vacation!
Hi, when you get the list available, can you post it here or on Facebook? It would be nice to to have the names/rooms #'s of people who are also in the FE groups. Thanks,
captainminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #698
Msmit002
Family Concierge

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainminnie View Post
Hi, when you get the list available, can you post it here or on Facebook? It would be nice to to have the names/rooms #'s of people who are also in the FE groups. Thanks,
It is posted on FB under the files tab and is updated whenever there are changes. I do not have access to web space or else I would post it somewhere and link to it.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #699
kjansen
Earning My Ears

FE lists

How/where do I get the most updated FE list? I have seen all the messages about the changes, but I just want to print off the most recent list. I'm sure you already explained it, but if you can point me in the right direction again, that would be great .
kjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:14 AM   #700
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjansen View Post
How/where do I get the most updated FE list? I have seen all the messages about the changes, but I just want to print off the most recent list. I'm sure you already explained it, but if you can point me in the right direction again, that would be great .
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Complete list (for those who do all staterooms = Embraer and kelmarie66)

Group A (decks 12, 10, 9, 8 and parts of 7)

Group B (rest of decks 10 and 7, and decks 6, 5 and 2)

There was a need to divide deck 7 to get the same number of people in both groups.
JRex I placed you in the same group as your grandparents.
There are still three groups who did not respond, so I took them off the divided lists - they are still at the bottom of the original list (without room numbers)
Please check the lists if your information is correct and notify me of any mistakes.
Reposting for you!

Old 07-15-2013, 07:56 AM   #701
Embraer
Mouseketeer

Just marking up some deck plans so I can see where everybody is and noticed a large number of people in one room

Disneynaut6 has 6(!) people in one stateroom - 6162 - any chance they're in 6164 as well as one of my FE gifts is one per stateroom?

I'll publish the annotated deck plans to my dropbox with links sometime this week
Old 07-15-2013, 10:47 AM   #702
Embraer
Mouseketeer

Fish Extender Deck Plans
Old 07-15-2013, 12:54 PM   #703
Jrex21
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the deck plans Stu! I love how all of yall are so organized!! Makes my life so much easier!

I started round 1 of FE gifts last night, I'm pretty pumped because I think they are cute! In other news, Colby bear is 4 months old today and I am bored at work. Just can't focus! Anyone else?
Jrex21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:32 PM   #704
Msmit002
Family Concierge

Late Arrival Fish Extender List - Closing July 21

Hello all! It has been requested that the Late Arrival FE list close in time for participants to finish up their gifts, pack them up (ship if necessary) in time to leave for the greater Orlando area (especially for those lucky enough to be spending a week at WDW before hand! I'm jealous. )

So, the Late Arrival FE list will close Sunday, July 21 as close to midnight EDT as I can keep my eyes open.

The list is currently over on FB (because I know how to post files there) but I am trying to get some web space here at work to drop the file so I can link to it here.

I can't believe it's almost time to leave!
Old 07-15-2013, 02:35 PM   #705
Msmit002
Family Concierge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embraer View Post
Oh wow! That looks a lot nicer than my hand drawing and highlighter notes.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: