DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2013, 11:11 PM   #1
geniegirl
DIS Veteran

Got closing docs now what

Sending our closing docs overnight tomorrow. The letter says it coud take 4 weeks for the deed to be recorded and before disney is told. Then from what I read it could be another 2 weeks o get into the system.

Is that truly the case, does it take 4 weeks to go through Orange County and get to disney. Just trying o get a timeframe here.

Thanks

1975 In Mom's Belly ~ 1983 Poly ~ 1985 Poly ~ 1988 8th Grade Band Trip ~ 2000 All Star Music ~ 2004 Riverside ~ 2008 All Star Sports ~ 2009 Caribbean Beach ~2012 Pop Century ~ 2013 - Offsite ~ 2014 AKL ~ 2014 OKW ~ 2015 OKW ~ 2015 AKL
(38) (DP 38) (DS 7) (DS 3)
geniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:33 AM   #2
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

Unfortunetly it could take four days or four weeks it is hard to get a timeline. Depends mostly on how quick sellers return documents. Mine took 4 weeks but many are quicker.
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2013, 01:15 AM   #3
Msmithmd
DIS Veteran

Don't bother sending your stuff overnight. Extremely unlikely (like no chance) the seller will do this. They have to go have theirs notarized. And from their perspective, leaving or reducing DVC, they don't have the urgency that you do. Most sellers take over a week to return the papers to the agency.

Yes, it may be a month for your points to be loaded and ready to use. But if that causes a problem with booking a reservation in the next seven months, just stay on cash using a fraction of the money you saved by not buying direct.

Last edited by Msmithmd; 07-11-2013 at 01:29 AM.
Msmithmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:17 AM   #4
PaxsMom
Mouseketeer

I used UPS Ground (2 days) so that way we had a tracking number with our check. Our sellers were great and returned it in 3 days. However, I am on week 2 with no package from Disney.. points, etc. since we closed.
PaxsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:24 AM   #5
goofydad621
DIS Veteran

it took 2 weeks from the time we sent our check in for the sellers to send their signed paperwork and that was with me following up with firsts the closing company and then the broker, Broker called them at the almost 2 week point of us receiving the closing paperwork and they had not signed or notorized it yet, that was on a Thursday, was told they would have and notorize and send the paperwork the following Monday, The Monday after that I called the closing company repeatedly and finally talked to my closing agent late afternoon and she said it had closed, For us not a quick process now waiting for it to go into Disney system.

Good luck and enjoy
goofydad621
Been there done that got the t-shirt and going back
goofydad621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:00 AM   #6
AJA
DIS Veteran

As a buyer and seller through resell I agree with the pp, don't overnight anything the seller will not go to the extra expense (as the seller it took us 5 working days to make an appointment and have our documents notarized).

As a resell buyer, it was about 6 weeks from the point of sending in our check until we had all our paperwork/cards and made our first ressie. We were not in a rush though and could have called and made a ressie before we got all our info in the mail.

I believe it can take up to 4 weeks for the property to be recorded at the city office (remember it is a property transfer!) on the other side, the seller doesn't get their money until it's recorded either.
AJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:12 AM   #7
goofydad621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJA View Post
As a buyer and seller through resell I agree with the pp, don't overnight anything the seller will not go to the extra expense (as the seller it took us 5 working days to make an appointment and have our documents notarized).

As a resell buyer, it was about 6 weeks from the point of sending in our check until we had all our paperwork/cards and made our first ressie. We were not in a rush though and could have called and made a ressie before we got all our info in the mail.

I believe it can take up to 4 weeks for the property to be recorded at the city office (remember it is a property transfer!) on the other side, the seller doesn't get their money until it's recorded either.

Ok that is good to know for some reason I thought it went to the city office allot faster but probably wishful thinking on my part
Old 07-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #8
Ggatorgirl
Mouseketeer

Got an email on July 1st that we had closed on our resale.

Checked the Orange County website on July 3 and found the deed had been recorded on July 2....so 1 day to process by the County.

Still don't have word from DVC that the contract has been assigned to us or that the points are available to us.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:44 AM   #9
goofydad621
DIS Veteran

ok just checked the orange county site and our deed is showing up YAY

Thanks all
Old 07-11-2013, 05:05 PM   #10
geniegirl
DIS Veteran

Thanks sent an email to our agent and closer both who are out of the office till Monday. Here's hoping it moves fast.

1975 In Mom's Belly ~ 1983 Poly ~ 1985 Poly ~ 1988 8th Grade Band Trip ~ 2000 All Star Music ~ 2004 Riverside ~ 2008 All Star Sports ~ 2009 Caribbean Beach ~2012 Pop Century ~ 2013 - Offsite ~ 2014 AKL ~ 2014 OKW ~ 2015 OKW ~ 2015 AKL
(38) (DP 38) (DS 7) (DS 3)
geniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:27 PM   #11
AJA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofydad621 View Post
[/COLOR]

Ok that is good to know for some reason I thought it went to the city office allot faster but probably wishful thinking on my part
It can happen much faster. We were informed it could have taken up to 30 days kwim? Like everything else with city government (or any big agency I suppose) sometimes it works quickly........and sometimes not.
AJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:03 PM   #12
jaimelynn476
Earning My Ears

Is there a way to look at what is available before receiving our information from Disney? We bought resale through Fidelity and it closed about 2 weeks ago. We have points that will expire at the end of August. It is so frustrating not being able to access the website to see if anything is available.
jaimelynn476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:40 PM   #13
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimelynn476 View Post
Is there a way to look at what is available before receiving our information from Disney? We bought resale through Fidelity and it closed about 2 weeks ago. We have points that will expire at the end of August. It is so frustrating not being able to access the website to see if anything is available.
Sorry, but no. Hopefully you be all set up very soon.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:05 PM   #14
dcfromva

Disney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by geniegirl View Post
Sending our closing docs overnight tomorrow. The letter says it coud take 4 weeks for the deed to be recorded and before disney is told. Then from what I read it could be another 2 weeks o get into the system.

Is that truly the case, does it take 4 weeks to go through Orange County and get to disney. Just trying o get a timeframe here.

Thanks
In my experience, it should only take a day or two after closing for the deed to be recorded (and show up on the OCC web site). The next wait is for Disney to actually load the points on the buyer's account. We just sold a contract which was recorded on Jul 2nd and the points were finally loaded on to the buyer's account today (or yesterday). I have been watching for when I can no longer see the sold contract points when I log in. So, that was almost two more weeks after being recorded.
dcfromva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:32 PM   #15
dcfromva

Disney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmithmd View Post
Don't bother sending your stuff overnight. Extremely unlikely (like no chance) the seller will do this. They have to go have theirs notarized. And from their perspective, leaving or reducing DVC, they don't have the urgency that you do. Most sellers take over a week to return the papers to the agency.
We have sold two contracts and used overnight to return the closing docs both times. Even when I was out of town, we returned the closing docs in 5 days (would have been less time, but I returned home on a weekend). In the latest case, our buyers didn't return their closing docs until almost 2 weeks after receiving closing docs-no big deal as they have the hard part (sending in the $$- ) and they still had another 10 days to get the docs in per the contract.

From one seller's perspective, we made the decision to downsize--we don't need as many points as we had accumulated. I can't wait for the whole long process to be over--I realize it takes about 2 months from the time the contract is submitted (at a minimum)--best to get 'er done! (Technically, it won't be completely done for us until taxes are done next year.)

I suspect that the stuff you hear about on this board is some of the unusual stuff. Still, while this might just hold up the process by a day-the buyer could wait to return the closing docs until they were assured by the closing company that they had received the sellers closing docs.
dcfromva is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: