Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 08:37 AM   #2716
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowstonetim View Post
That is very cool! I hope you will write a trip report and compare the two. Obviously, in reality, there is very little comparison, however, in your view did Disney get the ambiance or "spirit" of the French Quarter? I will look foward to your observations after your POFQ stay!
I will be sure to comment, Bourbon street was just gross, I guess if you drank the foot long drinks you would not care( I'm not a drinker). We did enjoy Decatur St.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:16 AM   #2717
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

OK, here are a first few photos of the new POFQ Lobby to be going on with:

(thank you to the person who kindly sent them to me this morning)

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2013, 12:13 PM   #2718
delilah18
DIS Veteran

Wow it look great
POR RR Oct/Nov 2013
Sheraton Vistana. October 2014

Old 07-12-2013, 01:58 PM   #2719
MickeyEars
DIS Veteran

It looks wonderful...
Thanks for sharing the pics Andre!!

Carla
Old 07-12-2013, 05:25 PM   #2720
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I've just gone through all of the 2014 seasonal rates from the WDW website and entered them into a table for POR rooms (that's three hours of my life I'm not going to get back! LOL).
OK, I've done the rest of the 2014 room rates now. They are still on a temporary page at the moment (www.portorleans.org/roomrates2014.php) but it now contains all of the Port Orleans room categories for 2014 - POR regular rooms, POR Royal Rooms, and POFQ rooms. That took some doing!

There are some oddities though, for example a King Bed room at POFQ in Peak season is $21 dollars/night more expensive than River View for the same period! I even made a graph in Excel to check (I must have far too much time on my hands!!)

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 07-12-2013, 06:09 PM   #2721
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Andre, what you can accomplish in 3 hours would take me at least 12! Thanks for all of your incredible attention to details that keep us easily informed both here and on portorleans.org.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:15 PM   #2722
pinkfairyy2180
Earning My Ears

Thanks sooo much Andre 😉
Old 07-12-2013, 08:20 PM   #2723
delilah18
DIS Veteran

Quick question would a double/ full air matress fit or would I better off with a single air matress for the room and where do most people put them?

Thanks
POR RR Oct/Nov 2013
Sheraton Vistana. October 2014

Old 07-12-2013, 08:40 PM   #2724
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!

Ok, I hate to bring up a the Refrigerator debacle, but I have a question and Andre, you seem to be the Answer Guy for POFQ and POR. I have a DH and DD with a few medical related issues and I called Reservations yesterday as soon as the news broke about having a refrigerator available for me if possible. DD has struggles with Epilepsy (gran mal seizures) and blood sugar issues, so it is imperative that I be able to keep a refrigerator with cheese, crackers, peanut butter, fresh fruit and a few other items so her sugar doesn't drop too low and then she have a seizure. When I called the young lady I spoke to said if it was available, it would be a beverage cooler type refrig. But now I'm reading on so many threads how it is a small medical cooler type thing that is used to house injectable medication. If this is the case, this just isn't going to do. Do I need to go on and rent a small dorm type refrigerator to have brought in or should I see what happens. We will only be there for 7 nights, but I just don't want to run into any issues especially with her walking in the parks all day long and trying to adjust her sugar. Does anyone have any advice? I just don't know what to do, I've been back and forth on this all day, and DH says just wait and see what happens. But I'm a planner and I like to have all my ducks in a row, KWIM. Help.....anyone.

DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - CBR ~ No Kids!!
Old 07-12-2013, 08:53 PM   #2725
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post
Quick question would a double/ full air matress fit or would I better off with a single air mattress for the room and where do most people put them?

Thanks
I really can't imagine being able to fit a full-sized one. The only place I would think you could put an air mattress is between the door and the bed closest to the door.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:51 PM   #2726
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2taylorandemily View Post
Ok, I hate to bring up a the Refrigerator debacle, but I have a question and Andre, you seem to be the Answer Guy for POFQ and POR. I have a DH and DD with a few medical related issues and I called Reservations yesterday as soon as the news broke about having a refrigerator available for me if possible. DD has struggles with Epilepsy (gran mal seizures) and blood sugar issues, so it is imperative that I be able to keep a refrigerator with cheese, crackers, peanut butter, fresh fruit and a few other items so her sugar doesn't drop too low and then she have a seizure. When I called the young lady I spoke to said if it was available, it would be a beverage cooler type refrig. But now I'm reading on so many threads how it is a small medical cooler type thing that is used to house injectable medication. If this is the case, this just isn't going to do. Do I need to go on and rent a small dorm type refrigerator to have brought in or should I see what happens. We will only be there for 7 nights, but I just don't want to run into any issues especially with her walking in the parks all day long and trying to adjust her sugar. Does anyone have any advice? I just don't know what to do, I've been back and forth on this all day, and DH says just wait and see what happens. But I'm a planner and I like to have all my ducks in a row, KWIM. Help.....anyone.
Tell them exactly what you need the refrigerator for and be specific. Besides medicine from what you have listed only the cheese would need to be kept cool. Also, I would fax the request a few days before you arrive.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:54 PM   #2727
Dotsie
Mouseketeer

This is our first vacation at POR and we're staying at FQ pool view. I am BEYOND excited at how pretty the resort looks. I adore New Orleans and by looking at the pics of the resort and reading the reviews, I think I'm going to LOVE this resort. So excited
Old 07-12-2013, 10:06 PM   #2728
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor3297 View Post
Tell them exactly what you need the refrigerator for and be specific. Besides medicine from what you have listed only the cheese would need to be kept cool. Also, I would fax the request a few days before you arrive.
I did that already, but fax as well? Ok, I can do that, but what do I do per say I get there and there isn't a frig available? Do I have a rental on stand-by? I am so worried about this. I know that they couldn't predict that this would happen, but this is really putting a kink into my worries that I thought I wouldn't have to worry about. This is why we have always stayed in the Mod's instead of Values because for the longest time frig's weren't available there. I feel like this is just another hurdle for me to try and get over. We are on DME and will have no rental car to get a cooler somewhere either. Oy Vey!!!

DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - CBR ~ No Kids!!
Old 07-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #2729
TinkPirateMom
DIS Veteran

Thank you Helsie! I hope the rest of your trip is magical!

Thank you Andre for posting pics of the lobby. It looks very nice to me! Thank you also for all the work you have put into your site and this thread.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:35 PM   #2730
ilovedisney99
Earning My Ears

Just booked our package for March 22 to 28. Staying in an accessible room at PoFQ. So excited.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: