Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2013, 04:39 PM   #1351
Dsnyless in Seattle
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
Ya know Sylkie, I think we do qualify as DAA-Disney Addicts Anonymouse; and I am not ashamed to admit it...
I seriously would bet money that there's some crossover of symptoms and/or internal chemical response (release of endorphins, etc.) shared by us Disney addicts similar to what you might see with low level substance abusers. It would make a fascinating study if it hasn't been done already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
All free dining offers only have a requirement of a minimum 3 night stay. The "5 nights" is just the example they use in the advertisement. As long as the 26th is a covered date, you could get free dining if there is availability at your resort under the discount.
You beat me to it! That's a pretty tricky thing they do there, too. It looks so set in stone that it has to be 5, and so many people wouldn't even know to try the 3 days with the offer (or even think to try it!). You'd just assume it's 5 and book it. Nice hearing about these kinds of tips here...
Old 07-12-2013, 04:45 PM   #1352
tigerfan2012
Mouseketeer

Just punched the numbers.. The price increase I assume will factor in with the change in booking. But its still something. Present package comes out to $1094.86 (rack rate at the time I booked was 1277.12) If I add a dining plan it would be around 360 for 2 adults for stay. Making it 1454.86 on the discounted room rate. Rack rate right now is 1326.12 so I would save $128. If they would have included the 26th date before the rate increase I would save $49 more. So I will still have to decide regardless if I want to pay the extra $231 to get "free dining". As we will be getting off a disney cruise prior to the stay we may not be so hungry anyways.
tigerfan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2013, 05:02 PM   #1353
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan2012 View Post
Just punched the numbers.. The price increase I assume will factor in with the change in booking. But its still something. Present package comes out to $1094.86 (rack rate at the time I booked was 1277.12) If I add a dining plan it would be around 360 for 2 adults for stay. Making it 1454.86 on the discounted room rate. Rack rate right now is 1326.12 so I would save $128. If they would have included the 26th date before the rate increase I would save $49 more. So I will still have to decide regardless if I want to pay the extra $231 to get "free dining". As we will be getting off a disney cruise prior to the stay we may not be so hungry anyways.
Think I will figure my discounts tonight so I can be extra disappointed when fd doesn't come out. Lol.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:24 PM   #1354
KermitRinny
It happen on one ah dem Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylkie31

Hi & to our little DAA (Disney Addicts Anonymous) group ... err, I mean to our thread. We've got a good group here; glad you've decided to be a part of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylkie31
Subscribing to the thread & choosing email updates (new posts rather than daily) will let you know first thing (or as soon as you check email) that a new post is available & what that post is about. I
Fair warning though: subscribing to the thread can cause severe interruption of your powers of concentration while at work. Trust me on this one!
You crack me up!!! I for one love being part of DAA. I've been listening to sorcerer radio all day and my coworkers are going crazy hahahaha. I've heard Small World 4 times today done different ways so I keep singing it. I have one guy singing about Robin Hood and Little John running through the forest. heehee

04POFQ 07POR 08ASMVS 09POP 11CBR 12WL 13POFQ
14POFQ

"And just 'cause these here tales is 'bout critters like Br'er Rabbit an' Br'er Fox, that don't mean they ain't the same like can happen to folks! So them who can't learn from a tale about critters, just ain't got the ears tuned for listenin'."
KermitRinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:26 PM   #1355
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
Think I will figure my discounts tonight so I can be extra disappointed when fd doesn't come out. Lol.
no no no no no! No negative vibes here, only !! Do you want to kill a FD fairy with your disbelief??? Now everyone repeat after me, "I do believe in FD fairies! I do, I do, I DO!" and clap your hands really loud!

Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:27 PM   #1356
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

(Tapping foot 100 times a minute waiting on Visa cardholder FD offer..... For November...... Again........)

Does foot tapping count for faeries?
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:33 PM   #1357
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipotec View Post
(Tapping foot 100 times a minute waiting on Visa cardholder FD offer..... For November...... Again........)

Does foot tapping count for faeries?
As long as you tap loudly enough for the fairies to hear it & REALLY believe, then sure it does!

Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:42 PM   #1358
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Well, ended up calling Disney today anyways so went ahead and had then check again for a PIN, nope. No surprise there, and no hints from CM. I had to call as on a whim today I thought, I'll login to Delta to double check our flights again. (I've heard to keep a watch as seats and times are known to change)

Well imagine my surprise when there was a notice saying a flight had changed etc. Well changed is an understatement, my return connecting flight was a different flight with a 3+ hour layover! So got to pick a better time flight leaving Orlando so we have less of a layover for no charge and we get more time the morning we leave to eat Breakfast at the resort. So it worked out. Had to let Disney know so they could fix it in their systems and Magical Express.

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
prettypatchesmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:51 PM   #1359
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypatchesmsu View Post
Well, ended up calling Disney today anyways so went ahead and had then check again for a PIN, nope. No surprise there, and no hints from CM. I had to call as on a whim today I thought, I'll login to Delta to double check our flights again. (I've heard to keep a watch as seats and times are known to change)

Well imagine my surprise when there was a notice saying a flight had changed etc. Well changed is an understatement, my return connecting flight was a different flight with a 3+ hour layover! So got to pick a better time flight leaving Orlando so we have less of a layover for no charge and we get more time the morning we leave to eat Breakfast at the resort. So it worked out. Had to let Disney know so they could fix it in their systems and Magical Express.
Same thing happened to us on our recent Denver trip. 1 hr layover to a 4 hour. You can legally cancel a reservation without penalty if they alter the trip by more than 3 hours. We just had lunch at on of those "fancy" airport eateries. But we could have drove home in that 4 hours....
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:07 PM   #1360
SlightlyocdDisneyfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipotec View Post
Same thing happened to us on our recent Denver trip. 1 hr layover to a 4 hour. You can legally cancel a reservation without penalty if they alter the trip by more than 3 hours. We just had lunch at on of those "fancy" airport eateries. But we could have drove home in that 4 hours....
Similar thing happened to me this trip too. We were flying United and they changed our flight to include a three hour layover. It's already a red-eye and we are traveling with young kids. Ultimately, they ended up putting us on another airline, no extra charge.

1995 - All Star Resort; 2000 - Dixie Landing; 2004 - Coronado Springs; 2007 - Polynesian; 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside; 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside; 2013 - Polynesian; 2015 - Planning for Aulani; Plus more trips to Disneyland than could be counted!!
SlightlyocdDisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:07 PM   #1361
Tinker12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylkie31 View Post
no no no no no! No negative vibes here, only !! Do you want to kill a FD fairy with your disbelief??? Now everyone repeat after me, "I do believe in FD fairies! I do, I do, I DO!" and clap your hands really loud!
Thank you for making me smile! I really needed this... I've been on vacation for the last 1 1/2 weeks and was hoping for some type of news during my vacation... but no.. no such luck.

I will hope on one of the FD fairies!
AKL Concierge Sept/Oct 2008, AKL Sept/Oct 2009, CBR Sept/Oct 2010 , POFQ March 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2012 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2013 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2014

Tinker12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:29 PM   #1362
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

This is the latest I've ever made FDing reservations......assuming they will still extend the deal . It's making me really really nervous, because soon we'll be in our 45 day window so I'll have to pay the FULL price at booking!!! Yowzers!

TheRatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:46 PM   #1363
eeyore29
DIS Veteran Wanna-Be

Location: Mount Wannahockaloogie (a small mountain town near Allentown, PA)

Is there a certain day of the week (for the general public and for Visa-holders) that they typically announce new offers? Or is it just random?
Old 07-12-2013, 07:32 PM   #1364
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Okay, I ran the numbers and here they are.....

We would save $1592.83
My parents would save 1062.42
My aunt would save 2272.81 (that is including their portion of our room, because they have 5 total. One of them will be sharing a room with us)

Grand total savings is $4928.06. Now that's a lot of Mickey bars!!!!!
Old 07-12-2013, 07:33 PM   #1365
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore29 View Post
Is there a certain day of the week (for the general public and for Visa-holders) that they typically announce new offers? Or is it just random?
Pretty sure the September offer started Monday for Visa holders and Thursday for GP. Someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: