Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #1321
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4CanadianMice View Post
Hi everyone! I have been following this thread for a few weeks and this is my first post. I hope what your CM said is true and it gets extended. We are going in December and FD would be great. Keeping my fingers crossed it happens.
Yea!! First post; thanks for breaking the ice and !
Good luck and wishing you get Pixie Dusted with FREE DINING!!!

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:13 PM   #1322
MinaFemme
Mouseketeer

I guess no news is good news, but I wish I knew if it were yes or no for sure.

First stay on site: October 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room garden view
MinaFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2013, 12:18 PM   #1323
Dsnyless in Seattle
Earning My Ears

Question... I was just thinking as I pulled up the boards today... If/when a leak of a FD extension does come out, would we see it posted right there on the Disboards front page on the scroller that lists updates and whatnot? (i.e. that has new videos and blog posts and everything) Probably not, huh? If it's just a leak, it would be somewhere within the Disboards themselves, and it would only show up in that updates scroller when it was an official offer, right? I was just thinking it would be nice to pull it up and quickly see it sitting right there, but that's probably not going to happen.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:53 PM   #1324
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnyless in Seattle View Post
Question... I was just thinking as I pulled up the boards today... If/when a leak of a FD extension does come out, would we see it posted right there on the Disboards front page on the scroller that lists updates and whatnot? (i.e. that has new videos and blog posts and everything) Probably not, huh? If it's just a leak, it would be somewhere within the Disboards themselves, and it would only show up in that updates scroller when it was an official offer, right? I was just thinking it would be nice to pull it up and quickly see it sitting right there, but that's probably not going to happen.
Those things that scroll at the top are advertisements. Won't be seeing free dining there until it is official. Any leak should be on this thread. Even if it doesn't come from black. I think we have enough of us who would notice it elsewhere and bring it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommaof3 View Post
Oh....Since I am posting.........can anyone tell me how to get rid of Donald? And T Y P E S L O W L Y for me! Thanks in advance.
Melissa
Sorry I don't know a definite answer but thinking it would be found in your signature. Try going in to edit that and see if it shows anything that looks like it doesn't belong there?
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:55 PM   #1325
shyjade
DIS Veteran

It looks like we could go over to the Dark Side and get free dining at Universal...come on Disney, cave to the peer pressure!! PLEASE?!?

shyjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #1326
Dsnyless in Seattle
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
Those things that scroll at the top are advertisements. Won't be seeing free dining there until it is official. Any leak should be on this thread. Even if it doesn't come from black. I think we have enough of us who would notice it elsewhere and bring it here.
Yeah, I don't mean the ads at the top here... I'm talking about on the Disboards home page where you can scroll through new blog posts and other videos (though there may be some ads embedded there that you're talking about). I think you've answered my question anyway about not getting the leak anywhere but from within the boards themselves. Kind of what I figured. I was just hoping it would jump off the front page... Call me lazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyjade View Post
It looks like we could go over to the Dark Side and get free dining at Universal...come on Disney, cave to the peer pressure!! PLEASE?!?
This is the thing that got me thinking about it in the first place - this spot you referenced about seeing free dining at Universal. (But who wants to go to Universal when they can do Disney??)

Last edited by Dsnyless in Seattle; 07-12-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Dsnyless in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:16 PM   #1327
Seeker615
DIS Veteran

Well I called again and still no offer for me. I am very aggravated at this point. With other places offering great incentives you would think Disney would offer promotions by now.

I priced out a Universal Vacation with their new dining plan and Blue Man group tickets and it is a better value then what I am getting at Disney and few few bucks cheaper as well!

Come on Disney...
Seeker615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:17 PM   #1328
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4CanadianMice View Post
Hi everyone! I have been following this thread for a few weeks and this is my first post. I hope what your CM said is true and it gets extended. We are going in December and FD would be great. Keeping my fingers crossed it happens.
Hi & to our little DAA (Disney Addicts Anonymous) group ... err, I mean to our thread. We've got a good group here; glad you've decided to be a part of it.

Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:22 PM   #1329
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This is the thing that got me thinking about it in the first place - this spot you referenced about seeing free dining at Universal. (But who wants to go to Universal when they can do Disney??)
That depends...do they have refrigerators in their resort rooms? (Sorry, I couldn't resist...)

shyjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:24 PM   #1330
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
I think you've answered my question anyway about not getting the leak anywhere but from within the boards themselves. Kind of what I figured. I was just hoping it would jump off the front page... Call me lazy.
Subscribing to the thread & choosing email updates (new posts rather than daily) will let you know first thing (or as soon as you check email) that a new post is available & what that post is about. I
Fair warning though: subscribing to the thread can cause severe interruption of your powers of concentration while at work. Trust me on this one!

Disney Fan for Life
Old 07-12-2013, 01:41 PM   #1331
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylkie31 View Post
Subscribing to the thread & choosing email updates (new posts rather than daily) will let you know first thing (or as soon as you check email) that a new post is available & what that post is about. I
Fair warning though: subscribing to the thread can cause severe interruption of your powers of concentration while at work. Trust me on this one!
And your sleep, housework, yard work...hahaha I think I'm cutting all ties with the Dis when those Fall promos come out!!!
Old 07-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #1332
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
Cool!!!! I am so happy you got the Crystal Palace ADR!!! We are going to a pre park opening breakfast there on our first day. Great way to start our trip.
Thanks! Congrats to you too, what a great way to kick it off!
prettypatchesmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:43 PM   #1333
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
And your sleep, housework, yard work...hahaha I think I'm cutting all ties with the Dis when those Fall promos come out!!!
Really? Thanks for the warning. Should we call the paramedics and have them on standby when you go into Dis-withdrawal symptoms? I'd hate to think of you laying on the floor and twitching without help being nearby?

Disney Fan for Life
Old 07-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #1334
Dsnyless in Seattle
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyjade View Post
That depends...do they have refrigerators in their resort rooms? (Sorry, I couldn't resist...)
haha... You might be able to buy a new fridge and take it yourself with the money you'd save doing Universal over Disney. Jk, I have no idea. (And again, who would want to anyway?)

Quote:
No doubt. I've got severe Disney-checking issues. (Speaking of which, I need to check Southwest again to see if our fares went down. Opening a new tab as I type...) Thanks for the heads up on the email notifications. I know I'm subscribed to two by email and check the others manually, but I don't think I'm subscribed to this one. Also, I'll look into the "new posts" vs. "daily" setting, too. That makes it much easier! Thanks!
Old 07-12-2013, 02:09 PM   #1335
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Really? Thanks for the warning. Should we call the paramedics and have them on standby when you go into Dis-withdrawal symptoms? I'd hate to think of you laying on the floor and twitching without help being nearby?
Thanks for thinking ahead!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: