Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2013, 08:59 AM   #1
klitteral2009
Mouseketeer

Ready for some confusion???

Alright DIS veterans, I have a question. Please bear in mind I am in no way trying to 'work' the DDP system or get around anything. This is an honest "i-have-no-clue-if-this-would-work" question.

We will be traveling to Disney in January and I plan on doing the DDP again. We really liked the convenience it offered last year and wanted to have a similar expereince this time. My daughter is considered and 'adult' on the DDP. (she's 11). And my other two DD's are children. (4 and 3)

Now, DH and I are planning on utilizing Kids Night Out sitting services and going to dinner at Le Cellier one night. I know they are a 2 TS credit restaurant but we really wanted to go last year and just weren't brave enough to take the kids with us. (I promise I'm getting to the question). My question is, since DD11 counts as an adult, in total we would have 21 TS credits for our 7 night stay, correct? I ask because this may solve a potential problem for us later on in our stay. I'd much rather run out of credits and pay for a counter service than a table service.

I really hope this makes sense and that someone sees the point I'm trying to make LOL. I always get such great support when planning on the DIS, I hope this is no different. TIA!!!
Old 07-12-2013, 09:20 AM   #2
havoc315
DIS Veteran

Correct, adult credits are adult credits. You have 21 pooled adult credits for a 7 night stay. Yes, you may use your daughter's credits.
havoc315 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2013, 10:19 AM   #3
KSUWildcat
Earning My Ears

so credits are shared?

I thought it was "x" amount of credits per person on your KTTW card? But you can share credits?? wow... I've never done the DDP before but am crossing my fingers it's free in October!

here's my question then.... My mom will be 71 and doesn't eat large portions. Can I buy a kids meal with her "adult" credits?

KSUWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:51 AM   #4
khaoskat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUWildcat View Post
I thought it was "x" amount of credits per person on your KTTW card? But you can share credits?? wow... I've never done the DDP before but am crossing my fingers it's free in October!

here's my question then.... My mom will be 71 and doesn't eat large portions. Can I buy a kids meal with her "adult" credits?
From what I understand, the ticket reads something like this

Table Service Credits
Adult - 21
children - 14

Quick Service Credits 35

then they would have columns in those for number used and new balance.

They are not differentiated on the cards as to
Dad - TS 7 CS 7
Mom - TS 7 CS 7
DD1 - TS 7 CS 7
DD2 - TS 7 CS 7
DD3 - TS 7 CS 7

As for purchasing a child's meal, I am not sure, but I would think that it wouldn't be possible. Now you could purchase an adult meal, and ask for the left overs to be boxed and taken with you for later consumption.
khaoskat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:55 AM   #5
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It's kind of a mix. All of your adult credits are pooled as are your child credits. Your KTTW card will,list the amount of adults no kids on the DDP. You wouldn't be able to order 4 adult meals if your KTTW shows 3 adults. But if you had 21 pooled adult TS credits then 2 adults could use 4 at a signature and there would be 17 left.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:11 AM   #6
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

As the pp said, the credits can be used any way you want, as long as you aren't trying to get more meals than there are people on the plan (i.e., get 3 adult meals with only 2 adults on the plan).

When my oldest DS was younger, he was a very picky eater and had no interest in anything on the adult menu and was able to order off the kid's menu. He was given an adult sized portion, but he was able to order a kid's meal without any problem. With that said, I don't think your mom will have any problem ordering a kid's meal and using an adult credit. There is always the chance you will be told no, but in our experience, Disney has always been very accommodating .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:20 AM   #7
klitteral2009
Mouseketeer

So QS credits dont differentiate between adult and child? Just the TS ones? I'm just trying to be sure I understand totally. With this being our second trip I'm clearer on some things but still a little lost on others Thanks for all your input, its so helpful!
Old 07-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #8
ElizabethG
When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!

Quote:

Most restaurants will give you an adult size portion of kids meals with your adult DDP credit.

My DS was 10 on our last trip. At CRT they even gave him an adult and a child menu. They said he could order from either. If he ordered from the childs menu, he would be given a larger portion. He ended up ordering his meal from the adult menu and his dessert from the childs menu. His sundae was much larger than my DD's.

Most restaurants will do the same, you just have to ask.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:49 AM   #9
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

You can use your credits for anyone you want, who is on your reservation. Yes, you can use your daughter's credits. What they do not want you to do is use the credits for others who are not on your dining plan. There is no prohibition, written or otherwise, against using any of your credits for any member of your travel party who is booked on your reservation. They only ask that you use your children's credits (TS or CS) for children's meals, unless the restaurant has no children's menu.

That means you are supposed to use the children's credits to buy children's meals. It does not mean you can't buy a child's meal with your younger kid's credits and then have your mother eat the meal, while one of them eats the adult meal.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:51 PM   #10
klitteral2009
Mouseketeer

Who knew eating would involve so much planning LOL.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #11
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klitteral2009 View Post
Who knew eating would involve so much planning LOL.
It doesn't have to. You can go OOP. You-don't have to plan as much and you might spend less (without sacrificing).
bdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:54 PM   #12
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So QS credits dont differentiate between adult and child? Just the TS ones? I'm just trying to be sure I understand totally. With this being our second trip I'm clearer on some things but still a little lost on others Thanks for all your input, its so helpful!

Right. TS will be broken down into Adult and Child credits remaining. CS will not. They are all pooled together. Disney's policy is that you have to order a kid's meal for kid's on the plan at those locations that offer a kid's meal. If the location doesn't offer a kid's meal, then you can order any meal for your kid's. There's a sticky thread that tells you what locations don't offer kid's meals.

HTH and happy dining!
Dizneydaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:22 PM   #13
klitteral2009
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdklein View Post

It doesn't have to. You can go OOP. You-don't have to plan as much and you might spend less (without sacrificing).
I thought about pricing OOP but we like the convenience of just using our KTTW cards and we usually end up saving. We tend to eat big lol
Old 07-12-2013, 02:53 PM   #14
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I thought about pricing OOP but we like the convenience of just using our KTTW cards and we usually end up saving. We tend to eat big lol
We tend to eat big too, which is why we go OOP. Appetizer with dinner, or just lots of appetizers, or appetizers and split an entree And then get dessert/snacks between meals. .And you can charge your meals to your KTTW card-no need to carry cash or other credit cards (except for misc expenses). But whatever floats your boat-enjoy the trip!!!
bdklein is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: