Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 11:09 AM   #1276
FrenchSnowWhite
DIS Veteran

No we have garden view booked
Old 07-11-2013, 12:13 PM   #1277
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritsim View Post
I just retired from Whirlpool and you can make 20,000 fridges in less than 2 days. Seems unbeleavable but we worked 3 shifts and 2 lines.
Eek. And maybe that sort of rush-rush thing is why they are being replaced?

When thinking of the timing, I think we should remember that they are giving the 4 months estimate for it to ALL be done. We also need to think about what will go into replacing it in each and every resort room, the manpower, the time it takes, the number of times they have to come back due to a scheduling conflict with any individual room, etc. Just getting those RFID room locks on took months and months (and then ours at Kidani fell off) and that's a door lock. If they have to change the cabinetry, that's even more time, etc.

I hate that this fridge thing has happened, but I don't think the total timeframe is unreasonable.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2013, 12:20 PM   #1278
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Mom View Post
I'm only on page 11 so far reading this thread. But could someone help me out with my question. I'm not getting very far with Disney reservations.

So I went online today to book a "preferred" location at Riverside. We are a family of 3 and online it said that a preferred location includes 2 queen beds AND a pull down bunk. There were some other different style rooms that said 2 queen beds OR 2 queens beds & pull down bunk, but that wasn't the case with the preferred ones. So I was taking that to mean that all preferred rooms at Riverside include the pull down bunk.

So then my travel agent calls to book the room and is told that there's no guarantee for the pull down bunk, that those go to larger families. That did not make sense to me. So I got online to chat with a disney reservations person myself. She said yes, there are preferred rooms that do not have a pull down bunk, just only 2 queens. It's the luck of the draw. If there was a chance to have no pull down bunk, wouldn't the online reservation have listed it as 2 queens OR 2 queens with a pull down bunk?

Can anyone confirm this? Will we get down there (in January), and find that indeed it is possible that we will not have a pull down bunk?
Some of the POR rooms sleep 5, that is the reason for the pull out bunk. They do try to keep these available for parties of 5. From what I remember, the wording as "either 2 Q or 2Q and bunk" when we registered. I am guessing a family of 3 would be automatically placed in a room without the bunk. Request having one and hopefully the CM is in able to get you one. They are usually held for larger parties since they are limited.

We were in a preferred room without the bed. It could have been a Handicapped Accessible room, not sure as it didn't even cross my mind to check. Heading to a royal room next month.

Last edited by mm1971; 07-11-2013 at 12:27 PM. Reason: add
Old 07-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #1279
spiritsim
DIS Veteran

fridges

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Assuming those are not already ordered for any other customers of course.

Andre
we always have rows and rows in the wearhouse waiting for orders not all are made to order

WDW Commando Member #241
First time in the world! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134097
Old 07-11-2013, 03:53 PM   #1280
phoebec
Mouseketeer

does the pool bar have a mug refill station?
Old 07-11-2013, 05:15 PM   #1281
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
We were in a preferred room without the bed. It could have been a Handicapped Accessible room, not sure as it didn't even cross my mind to check. Heading to a royal room next month.
All (non-Accessible) Preferred rooms all have the banquette seat with the pull-down bed, even the King Bed rooms. I guess you were in an Accessible room - did it have an armoire wardrobe, and a sliding door into the bathroom area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoebec View Post
does the pool bar have a mug refill station?
Nope, sorry. Be great if it did though. Maybe with the new RFID chips to prevent everyone grabbing free drinks, they might do it in future? Who knows.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 07-11-2013, 05:24 PM   #1282
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

So excited to have our room officially booked. I was able to get standard view for June 4-15th on a AAA rate. I wanted Garden View but it was sold out. Oh well, if I am at POR its all good.

I was pleasantly surprised with our rate but shocked at how preferred and river view rooms have gone up.

Stay #4 at POR is on the books!
Old 07-11-2013, 07:18 PM   #1283
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy&Dan View Post
So excited to have our room officially booked. I was able to get standard view for June 4-15th on a AAA rate. I wanted Garden View but it was sold out. Oh well, if I am at POR its all good.

I was pleasantly surprised with our rate but shocked at how preferred and river view rooms have gone up.

Stay #4 at POR is on the books!
Garden view for next June is already sold out!?!? Wow!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 07-11-2013, 08:39 PM   #1284
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post

Garden view for next June is already sold out!?!? Wow!
I believe that they only have a certain number of rooms allocated for the different discounts. So there are probably available at the regular rate.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:00 PM   #1285
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2six View Post

I believe that they only have a certain number of rooms allocated for the different discounts. So there are probably available at the regular rate.
How is there already a discount for 2014 when Fall promos haven't even been released???
Old 07-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #1286
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
How is there already a discount for 2014 when Fall promos haven't even been released???
She mentioned that she got the AAA rate.

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH
Old 07-11-2013, 09:21 PM   #1287
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

I have a Royal Room, GV, booked for 9 nights beginning at the end of September. This isn't my first choice, but it's all that's available with my bounce back rate. I'd rather have a King at FQ or AB. I know FQ is treated as a different resort. Is it possible, however, to request that King in AB, since the rate is actually less expensive?

I suppose I can always reserve what I want at rack rate, and then hope for a Visa, AP, or GP discount to be announced, since there is availability in most (all?) categories at POR/FQ at this time. Just not with the bounce back rate.

Any thoughts on the resort's willingness to change my room category?

Stupid Judy.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:23 PM   #1288
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmi3804 View Post
I have a Royal Room, GV, booked for 9 nights beginning at the end of September. This isn't my first choice, but it's all that's available with my bounce back rate. I'd rather have a King at FQ or AB. I know FQ is treated as a different resort. Is it possible, however, to request that King in AB, since the rate is actually less expensive?

I suppose I can always reserve what I want at rack rate, and then hope for a Visa, AP, or GP discount to be announced, since there is availability in most (all?) categories at POR/FQ at this time. Just not with the bounce back rate.

Any thoughts on the resort's willingness to change my room category?
We just stayed in a GV RR in June. Check out my pictures of our room view a few pages back! http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1126 It might change your mind
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 07-11-2013, 09:27 PM   #1289
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
We just stayed in a GV RR in June. Check out my pictures of our room view a few pages back! http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1126 It might change your mind
They look darling, but we're two adults, don't need the "theming," and would rather have the King bed and more rustic decor.

Stupid Judy.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #1290
kandb
DIS Veteran

We have a preferred room booked for Sept. Is building 14 the best location?
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans, riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: