Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2013, 12:53 PM   #166
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

The food looked yummy

Bummer it was so chilly

I think you are going have to plan a summer cruise, so you can enjoy water

Can't wait to hear all about pirate night
Old 06-18-2013, 03:33 PM   #167
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Hi, Megan! I just came across your report and had to read the entire thing up to here! I'm loving reading about your first time on DCL!

Congrats on your engagment!
UGAFan0829 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2013, 09:22 PM   #168
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
The food looked yummy

Bummer it was so chilly

I think you are going have to plan a summer cruise, so you can enjoy water

Can't wait to hear all about pirate night
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAFan0829 View Post
Hi, Megan! I just came across your report and had to read the entire thing up to here! I'm loving reading about your first time on DCL!

Congrats on your engagment!

Thanks!!!

Sorry for the delay everyone! I'll be back this weekend with a few updates before I leave again for 4th of July!!!
Old 07-05-2013, 01:10 AM   #169
disneyfreakliveshere
Earning My Ears

It's you meeting with the Disney planner day. I hope you are able to make everything work out.
disneyfreakliveshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:23 AM   #170
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Hi everyone!! I'm back after an 8 day vacation at WDW!!! We did meet with the planner from DFTW and everything is looking great with that! We are officially in the planning stages and got the date we wanted! I'll be back this weekend with updates. I went back to work yesterday afternoon after lounging in Stormalong Bay for a few hours..I went from riches to rags haha. Hope everyone is well!!
Old 07-11-2013, 10:39 AM   #171
disneyfreakliveshere
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Hi everyone!! I'm back after an 8 day vacation at WDW!!! We did meet with the planner from DFTW and everything is looking great with that! We are officially in the planning stages and got the date we wanted! I'll be back this weekend with updates. I went back to work yesterday afternoon after lounging in Stormalong Bay for a few hours..I went from riches to rags haha. Hope everyone is well!!
8 days at WDW, I'm so jealous. I can't wait to hear all your planning info about your wedding. It's so exciting.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:24 PM   #172
Trentmom
Has a high Poodar

Welcome Back

Can't wait to hear all the details about your wedding planning meeting
Old 07-12-2013, 11:53 AM   #173
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Quote:
Glad everything is going well!
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:11 AM   #174
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Pirate Night!

PIRATE NIGHT!!!

*Hi Dis Friends!!! My life has been crazy recently!! We did meet with the Disney Consultant about the wedding and officially set a date for July 10, 2014! I'm so excited! We had our site visit which consisted of giving her our ideas, visions, guest count, etc on what were hoping. She convinced us to do a Limo, add a cocktail hour, and other tidbits here and there. I'll be doing a Planning Journal eventually but not until we pay our deposit which will be next week! She showed us Wedding Pavilion, GF ballrooms, and YCBC ballrooms. We went with Wedding Pavilion, GF Ballroom Salon 6, and Whitehall/Patio for our cocktail hour! I'll post more when I know more! We're doing the room block headache mess right now lol.

MARCH 26, 2013

When I left off, we were heading to Pirate Night dinner! Our dinner was at AP tonight which was our first meal there!

I was not totally thrilled with this menu but we'll see how the meal went!

I loved the serving set for the bread!

Apptz arrived!

Dinners. I had got the Mahi Mahi but myself and another tablemate were not happy with it and it was very bland so I switched it out for the pasta which was no problem and the pasta was delicious!

Desserts:

Overall, I enjoyed the meal when I got the pasta. DF says it was his favorite of our rotation but I still liked RP better. This meal would come in a close second though!

When we got back to our room we had more surprises from mousekeeping and our tip envelopes!

We got dressed and headed to the Pirate Night party. At this point it was FREEZING! The weather was in the low/mid 50s with a strong breeze. Everyone was bundled up. We ended up waiting till the last second before going outside

After the show we walked quickly to Cabanas for the buffet they were serving. It was all pirate themed!

First turkey leg of my life!

Needless to say, I took 5 bites and was done with it lol

After the buffet we decided to explore the ship and turn in early for the night. We also started to pack some stuff up in prep for the next night so we weren't stressed about getting it all done. Pirate Night was a success but cold!!!

Old 07-14-2013, 01:25 AM   #175
Trentmom
Has a high Poodar

So exciting the wedding planning has begun

Bummer Pirates Nite was so cold. Glad pasta was better than the mahi.

Pirates Buffet looked cool
Old 07-19-2013, 09:59 AM   #176
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Hey Dis Friends (those that are still here!)

I'm going to try and finish this TR up this weekend so I can start the Planning Journal for the wedding!!!! Just a heads up, I'm not sure how the journal will go and I won't be posting any price info (personal reasons) but I do hope you will join me in the journey and I'll put sure to put a link in my siggy when I get it started..thanks for following along!
Old 07-19-2013, 03:47 PM   #177
Trentmom
Has a high Poodar

Quote:

I'm going to try and finish this TR up this weekend so I can start the Planning Journal for the wedding!!!! Just a heads up, I'm not sure how the journal will go and I won't be posting any price info (personal reasons) but I do hope you will join me in the journey and I'll put sure to put a link in my siggy when I get it started..thanks for following along!
Still here

I am looking forward to following your wedding journey
Old 07-20-2013, 12:19 AM   #178
disneyfreakliveshere
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Still here can't wait for your wedding planning journal. I would have loved to have gotten married at Walt Disney World, but it was too expensive at the time. We got married off property and spent the rest of the day/week in the park. I will live vicariously through you. Did you manage to get your ring fixed?
Old 07-20-2013, 09:55 AM   #179
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfreakliveshere View Post
Still here can't wait for your wedding planning journal. I would have loved to have gotten married at Walt Disney World, but it was too expensive at the time. We got married off property and spent the rest of the day/week in the park. I will live vicariously through you. Did you manage to get your ring fixed?
I did get the ring fixed! I got it fixed in Cincinnati, they ended up swapping it out for a new one and we took it to Jared and it was sized in less than 2 hours in the comfort of a big name store lol. We could even sit there and watch in the windows. DF took my band and had it swapped for a new one and will take it to Jared to be sized.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:08 PM   #180
disneymom727
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on your engagement! Looking forward to the rest of your report!!

disneymom727 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: