Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2013, 11:39 AM   #1
Kami
Earning My Ears

One night/ which hotel

Hi. I am going to wdw for one nt. we are renting a hotel one day (no parks that day)and then waking up early and going to the parks. My sister lives in Fl so we are driving home after the parks (2 hrs away). I wanted to rent a hotel the day before to relax and go to Dtd. I want a hotel in walking distance. Right now I can stay at the Hilton for about $138 (including fees/parking). I can stay at holiday inn for about $120. Total or Wyndham hotel for 110. Is one worth paying more for? Are they all in walking distance to Dtd? Thanks!
Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:38 PM   #2
davinakb
DIS Veteran

WDW is big, 40 some square miles. Depends on how in shape you are, how much time you're willing to spend, as to what is 'walking' distance. I know of some who would consider the Hilton or Wyndham only walking distance to the Marketplace end of DTD, not the whole thing. That said.. that's it. You're looking at the Holiday Inn, Royal Plaza, Embassy Suites or Best Western, something on that hotel row (which may also have a shuttle). Hotels just outside DTD like the Radisson or those on Palm Pkwy, you're looking at a good 1-2 mile walk just to get the Marketplace end. You also said you're driving. Parking fills up at DTD, but it is free. Hope that helps.
davinakb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2013, 03:42 PM   #3
Kami
Earning My Ears

Thanks. I guess I shouldn't worry about walking when we do have a car. I wondering if anyone can tell me if its worth paying extra for the Hilton for just one nt? I've been trying to read the reviews. Wyndham seems mixed, but is the cheapest.
Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:43 PM   #4
davinakb
DIS Veteran

Do you PL at all? Check the message boards, you may snag the Hilton (or something comparable) at a good rate, could be nice since it is only the one night. (BTW hadn't stayed at the Hilton, but the Wyndham when it was the Grosvnor - would not stay there again. ) Have a good time.
davinakb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #5
CathiVee
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kami View Post
Hi. I am going to wdw for one nt. we are renting a hotel one day (no parks that day)and then waking up early and going to the parks. My sister lives in Fl so we are driving home after the parks (2 hrs away). I wanted to rent a hotel the day before to relax and go to Dtd. I want a hotel in walking distance. Right now I can stay at the Hilton for about $138 (including fees/parking). I can stay at holiday inn for about $120. Total or Wyndham hotel for 110. Is one worth paying more for? Are they all in walking distance to Dtd? Thanks!
We stayed at Buena Vista Palace last year and are staying there again this year in about two weeks. It is a very nice hotel and is in the 125/night range. Every room has a balcony and it is literally a 5 minute walk to DTD.

Also so you know, the shuttles to this hotel run on every half hour until an hour after the parks close. Which was a HUGE plus for us since we are usually late to everything. I checked on some cheaper hotels in the same area an the other seemed to have designated shuttle times.

Check it out!

2013: Buena Vista Palace with BF, mom, and Abuela 2012: Buena Vista Palace, Girls Getaway with Mama Bear 2010: Coronado Springs Resort with the fam
2006: All Star Music Resort, High School Senior class trip First trip to Disney: 1990: When I was a little babe
CathiVee is offline   Reply With Quote