Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2013, 10:40 AM   #1576
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

After my wonderful new purchase, we headed out and we needed to take care of Claireís shopping request of the day.

That would be the Lego Store. She had recently become more interested in Legos and she had been saving some of her money for this store. We looked around and she was in love with the Lego Friends series and she picked a few boxes out and we went to check out. We used Disney gift cards, but what I didnít know was that the cashier had to go and swipe each on another machine and get the balance and then he would key that into his register. He was a very nice guy, but pretty darn slow. We had used several cards as I was trying to clear out some of the lower balanced/ half used cards. Had I known how the process worked I wouldnít have done that.
Soon I had a very happy little girl walking by my side. We were 2 happy girls, me with my Dooney and Claire with her bag of Legos.

We had to stop and get a picture or 2.

And then it was time for lunch!

There was a very long line and we got in it. I asked the people around me if this is where I went to check in and they all thought so too, so we waited.

After a bit a lady approached the side of the podium and said she was there for her ADR and she was helped immediately. Well this caused a big ruckus. Almost every person in our line was there to check in for their ADR and this person was helped right away. What none of knew and there is no sign to tell you is that if you have an ADR you go to the side of the podium, if you donít you stand in the other line to try and get in. They seemed to be having issues fitting people in, which I didnít understand as once we were seated there were a ton of tables empty in there.
Anyways, some people got darn right nasty with the girls at the podium. I was disgusted, but I kept my mouth shut. They really need to have this explained better.

So Claire and I got out of line and headed over to the side of the podium to check in. They could not find our name. She acted like I was lying about having an ADR. After watching a few in front of me, I realized that they were not finding anyoneís ADR confirmations for that time period of the day. I donít know if it had to do with the system glitch from the night before, or what the deal was, but luckily I had my confirmation number with me and pulled it out and showed her. After she saw that, she became sweet as pie and didnít even search anymore and sent us back.

Instantly we liked this place. It was so colorful and fun.

We were seated right near the ice room.

The meteor shower was going to happen over our heads and then go into the ice room.

I forget how often it happens, but every so many minutes (maybe 10 or 15) the meteor shower starts.

Our table was right next to this cute little guy.

This was the view from my chair.

The meteor shower started.

And turned the ice cave red.

jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:51 AM   #1577
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

The Cave then goes back to blue.

But it flickers quite a bit first.

We made our orders and then took a look around the place.

I LOVED the fish tank.

How cool is this bar?

And the Baby Mammoths were so adorable.

This was our little buddy right next to our table. The only down side was that many people come over to take his picture.

Help!!!! Its melting!

Last edited by jenseib; 07-11-2013 at 11:24 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #1578
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Ahhhh..... the castle at night. Sigh. Nothing better.

What a bummer about giving up extra time in the MK only to get back to your room and be kept awake by the race announce. YUCK! I never would have expected that.

I love your fireworks photos. Did you use a tripod or just find an alternate place to stabilize it?

I shot some down at the end of our street. It's a huge show and it's nice to be able to just walk down to the end of the block and see it. But that view has all the streetlights in the shot. I now wish I hadn't been so lazy and had walked all the way down. But nobody will ever come with me. They like to just watch from our street.

You know, I am fully aware of Disney's terrible IT systems, but I have NEVER heard of them being off in your dining/snack credits like that! I can't even imagine what it's going to be like when that's how FP is tracked.

Yeah on treating yourself to the new Dooney!

T-Rex looks pretty awesome. We might have to try that sometime.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #1579
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Nov. 8, Thursday, Day 8

We walked off to the side to get situated and I took a picture of Claire with our tickets in hand!

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
Now if that's not a happy girl, I don't know what is!

(back to catching up!)
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:32 AM   #1580
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Ahhhh..... the castle at night. Sigh. Nothing better.

What a bummer about giving up extra time in the MK only to get back to your room and be kept awake by the race announce. YUCK! I never would have expected that.

I love your fireworks photos. Did you use a tripod or just find an alternate place to stabilize it?

I shot some down at the end of our street. It's a huge show and it's nice to be able to just walk down to the end of the block and see it. But that view has all the streetlights in the shot. I now wish I hadn't been so lazy and had walked all the way down. But nobody will ever come with me. They like to just watch from our street.

You know, I am fully aware of Disney's terrible IT systems, but I have NEVER heard of them being off in your dining/snack credits like that! I can't even imagine what it's going to be like when that's how FP is tracked.

Yeah on treating yourself to the new Dooney!

T-Rex looks pretty awesome. We might have to try that sometime.
I did use a tripod with my release cord thingy a bob! I really had to think a minute on how to set it to do long exposures. It's been a while.
I guess they made improvements to my disney experience and basically it's MUCH worse that it was before. I haven't looked at it yet, but I heard comments about people wanting to drink and sweat.

I love my Dooney. I am using a different one right now, which I love too, but I am thinking of changing back over soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Now if that's not a happy girl, I don't know what is!

(back to catching up!)
She was very happy. She's a spoiled rotten kid!
Old 07-11-2013, 11:38 AM   #1581
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Quote:

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!! This was not expected at all! The tree is up. I had been told and researched that the Christmas dťcor goes slowly up in the beginning of Nov. but that my chances of seeing a lot of it, besides at the Magic Kingdom was pretty slim, or spotty. I was shocked and excited to see the AK tree up and ready to great us.

And I just missed seeing the AK tree! Our Ak day was the 7th. Those overnight worker crews work FAST!!

Your giraffe pics are beautiful! he never got close to us, in fact he tried to blend right into the trees.

Quote:

Kadence thinks this is a great picture!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931

Old 07-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #1582
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

My chicken, Kadence is in awe that Claire rode EE over and over! She did it the first time that day before and was adamant that she not ride it again. But now that her Cousin is coming with, she is thinking about it. Just recently she asked if she did ride again, would that get her another Yeti!

Quote:
Seeing Disney through a childís eyes Ö.so wonderful.

Right there, that look, makes it worth it to go to Disney! Beautiful!

Again, I'm so jealous I missed all the Christmas stuff by one day! UGH We didn't stay for the parade on the 7th, but it was starting as we left for dinner, and there wasn't any Christmas decor in the first couple floats.

Quote:

We didn't get too far in and I was in for a major shock. I have NEVER seen crowds like this in my life at Disney. It was wall to wall people. It was almost scary.

I was in Epcot that day and it was crowded, but it was getting worse as the afternoon/night started. It was the craziest crowds I've ever seen. We had Garden Grill at 5pm and because of the crowd we decided to skip illuminations.

Old 07-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #1583
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I had heard that there was a way to use other people's pins but was doubtful. I thought that the person had to be there at check-in. Guess not! Now I need to keep my fingers crossed that Mama gets another pin so I can give it a try.

Yay for both your purchase and Claire's! Sounds like you were two happy young ladies.

Every time that we have eaten at T-Rex, there have been line issues. You'd think that they would be more clearly marked. We love it there though so I guess we'll continue to grumble about it but still go.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:20 PM   #1584
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Quote:

It wasnít long and Cinderella had made her way to our table. I eyed her hair quite a bit, and I really like it.

Great picture! Claire looks very happy to be meeting with Cinderella, blissful!

I'm glad she joined the parade, Kadence is a hesitater to stuff like that too, but she really surprised us this time around too.

LOL at re-tasting it the rest of the night. I hate that!

Tim was very nice when we ran into him too! Too bad it was just him in the tiny hallway and we weren't able to meet the family.
I thought I spied them in Epcot that day but I we were heading to our ADR and didn't want to be late.

Nov 9th! We meet again!

Old 07-11-2013, 12:24 PM   #1585
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Well done on both having successful shopping sprees. T Rex looks amazing.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:41 PM   #1586
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Quote:

Let me just say this walk is NOT short. I knew it was probably kind of long, but it was even longer than I thought.
We had thought of walking to an ADR, but I had heard that it was quite a long walk. Plus, that thought of riding a boat thrilled Kadence to no end so we waited.

Quote:
And then off to ToT we went!!!!
OK, Claire just won Bravest person of the year from Kadence. TOT is the one ride (beside RNRC) that Kadence is refusing to do. On the other hand, Kadence is loving all the funny faces pictures Claire and her cousin are doing. She says they are the best ones.

Quote:
Now knowing how things went .......I should've told Claire no, but I didn't and it is what it is ......

We walked EXTREMELY fast to get to the front, but as fate would have it Claire had to go to the bathroom. UGH. Can you hold it? ..... NO! Gosh darn it. So we made the stop and I should've changed her clothes then, but I was trying to hurry. We flew out of the park and towards the bus stop. There was a bus there and we RAN! And just as we got to the bus queue he pulled away. You have GOT to be kidding me! Another family had also been running to the bus and let's just say they had a few choice words about the situation and I agreed!

I started to have an anxiety attack too. UGH, I was trying to figure out how long before another bus would come ..... IF it came with in at least 20 minutes and all went smoothly we would still make it. I did decide to go see if I could find the MK bus. Maybe that would be faster.
We walked back to find the sign to direct us to the MK bus.

I peered down the way for the MK bus and I didn't see one there. Now if I was thinking straight, I should've just gotten a taxi and gone. Yes it would've been extra money, but I would've felt better. I did not make that choice however.

So we headed back to the GF bus stop and waited and waited and waited. My clock was ticking away. I texted Carey and let her know we were trying to get there, but we missed the bus. Claire and Kadence were doing the party together today.
It was now past 20 minutes. Did I tell you I am not a patient person? A guy came and he was going to be taking over the bus route. I mentioned that it was now close to 30 minutes and he said that was about right as the buses go about 30 minutes. Um ..... Where did he get his info? They are supposed to go every 20 minutes. The bus finally pulls up and the new driver goes, "no wonder its late, that guys a jerk. I hate him." Seriously, he just said that? Then he turned and said, "Just kidding, we like to joke with each other." But when that driver got off, I could tell that neither really cared for each other. I was really hoping a new driver meant faster, but I was so WRONG. He had to do an inspection and he was ANAL about it. Finally we took off. I am 99% sure this guy was new. At every stop he made, traffic light, stop sign, whatever .....he would stop, look, stop again, look and sometimes even stop a 3rd time. I was texting away to poor Carey. I kept telling her how we were trying to get there and now had the worst bus driver on Disney property.
Of course we had to make a zillion stops before getting to GF as well. I can't remember which resorts, but I am pretty sure there were at least 2 before we got to GF. Even going over a speed bump was a slow challenge for this driver.
As the time ticked, 2 o'clock came. Carey told me that she told them at the check in desk we were on our way, but running late and would have Kadence save Claire a seat. We still needed to get Claire dressed. I did it on the bus. We just pulled her dress over her shirt and then took her skirt off. At least we were ready once we got there.
And yes, finally we did, at about 2:10 or so. We flew off that bus and RAN to the lobby and towards 1900 PF. They took Claire immediately in and I took care of paying for her. I just felt so awful that she had to miss part of the party. I am glad this wasn't her first time doing it. But we will most likely do it again so she can get the full experience once more.

I found Carey and John in the lobby and sat down and sighed a HUGE sigh of relief and then gave them a play by play of our ordeal. Thank goodness for good listening friends!

Oh Man! Do I remember that! I was imagining you with word bubbles above your head with very bad words! Kadence was so worried for Claire, and was very happy to save a seat for her.
I found all the deluxe buses to be very maddening!

Old 07-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #1587
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Quote:
I finally was able to calm down after the bus incident and Carey, John and I all chatted while the girls had fun at the tea party. It was so nice to just sit and talk to them. They are such nice people. I am so happy we had met on Dis and became friends.

BLUSH! I really am glad we got to meet and really chat. I'm very glad we became friends!

While we sat and chatted, the girls were having a great time as well. The new addition since the last time we went is that they now have a photopass photographer in there. So even though we missed some of the party, we did get a few shots of the fun.

Missing the fun inside that party was hard for me! I am like you, wanting to capture it all, but PP made it better!

flowers to take home again.

They had a really good time together.

Kadence was so happy to have done this with Claire, she wishes she could do it again with Claire and play.

We had the girls go out and get a few pictures in the waiting area. I am surprised I only took 2 for some reason.

We have adorable children!

We had to go up to the next floor to pick our photopass pictures to be added to our cards.

Carey allowed me to pick mine first since she knew we needed to get back to Hollywood Studios fairly fast. I picked out all the ones I posted.

Toy Story Mania is an excellent reason to hurry!

We said goodbyes.....

Kadence was sad. She wished we could have hung out more. I reminded her we had a Christmas party to get ready for!

Old 07-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #1588
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

STOP IT, Jen!

Whenever I am out the door you sneak in an update. Is there a photo I missed of your new Dooney?
I loved to read about your shopping trip to DTD. And it was nice to see to see the inside of the T-Rex restaurant. We have never been there, so that was pretty interesting. Thanks for all the pics!

Okay, I am home now ...... if you have any more updates, fire away.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #1589
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Quote:
We had another fun ride and of course I killed my arm again trying to get a higher score. Claire was mad that I beat her again, but I think she had better accuracy.

My arm is very sore from TSM! I always win , but I do think John and Kadence do better for accuracy as well.

Gail told her we were waiting on the bill. Abby started to get antsy. Gail packed up the doll set and we still waited. Gail then went and searched for her and actually went through the swinging doors prep area to get her attention. In the meantime, Abby spotted my parents and took off running. We gathered her back after a few hugs and she came back to pull her doll back out again.
Susan then brought the check and Gail was using the dining plan for herself and paying out of pocket for the kids. Originally this whole meal was going to be out of picket, but since Rob missed breakfast she had an extra credit. Well Susan charged it wrong and charged everything to Gail’s room,, including tip. Gail was so furious. She went and found her again and Susan tried to tell her it had to be done that way and Gail told her no it doesn’t. This is the issue we had with Susan last time too. She told Skip that the tip had to be added to the room and he kept telling her no and she insisted. Skip left her nothing then, but I felt bad and left a few bucks.
This was getting ridiculous. She was arguing with Gail and finally Gail got it settled. I think she charged me too and I had it fixed and wrote in bold letters on the tip line CASH. I only left a few bucks again. It was just an awful experience and no waitress should ever argue about things like this. I am pretty sure Gail left her nothing. She was fed up.

That's awful! I'm so glad we didn't get her! Wasn't the food great though!

I did get one picture of Alexis before they left. I wanted both girls to sit in the big chairs, but Claire refused to.
Kadence loved that chair, she was so mad someone was sitting in it the next time we went there.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #1590
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

So... where is that picture of your new purchase? You can't tease us with it and then not show us what it looks like!

Even though I'm not a fan of dinosaurs AT ALL, I have to admit that T-Rex looks so cool!
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: