Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
leight
Making out in the halls in high school was a necessity

Rosen Shingle Creek anyone?

won it on priceline- really didn't expect to win . Just going for one night next week to have something to do-family cancelled their trip to stay with us and we had the week off already scheduled. Just plan to go to Universal and then aquatica so I wanted something in the Universal area.

dhmedd13dd 112.59
leight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #2
DOOM1001
DIS Veteran

I got the Rosen Shingle Creek as well as the Rosen Centre about 4 years ago on Hotwire for like $55-$65,I doubt you could find it for anywhere near those prices today.I liked the Shingle Creek better than the Rosen Centre,easier parking and the looks of the hotel in general.Even though the Shingle Creek is more of a convention/golf hotel,I think they could have done more with the pool area,it's a little plain.
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2013, 08:11 PM   #3
katieisawesome
Earning My Ears

I stayed there, also through Hotwire last year. It's really nice, and I loved the fact that they have a little 24 hour market in the hotel.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:15 AM   #4
Ali
DIS Veteran

I stayed there one night last month. Unfortunately, there we 3 weddings happening that night so when we arrived back at the hotel at 11 pm after disney we were exhausted and told by guards in the driveway that valet was shut down. There is self parking there but I had valet parked earlier so I was in the system and I went past the guard and left my car and keys and went to our room after waiting 45 minutes for someone to come to my car. The wedding guests were more important then me, I guess. We were in a room on the lobby level down a little hallway and it was loud. Very loud. The places to eat are really really expensive, so we,did t eat there. The pool looks grown up and not kid friendly. It is very much a convention hotel, not a family friendly hotel The room was nice. I got a great price. I would not stay there with kids and plan a resort day. Seems like it will met your Needs. .
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:31 AM   #5
leight

Thanks for the replies. We're planning on only spending a few hours at the pool on Tuesday before getting ready to go to Citywalk to do the movie and a meal deal. Checking out weds am as we're spending weds at Aquatica and will be going home to tampa from there so don't expect to be doing more than sleeping/showering in the hotel itself. Is the breakfast really high priced? Can probably find a Mcdonalds', Ihop or something like that instead. Wanted someplace close to universal and nice. Really didn't expect to win so was a bit surprised. But sounds like it will do fine.

dhmedd13dd 112.59
Old 07-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #6
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

I have stayed at Rosen Inn but not sure which one of the properties we stayed at. The rooms were nice and when we checked in they told us the breakfast buffet was $6 per person. Not sure if it has gone up in the year since we have been there or if we even stayed at the same one you will be staying at.
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:27 PM   #7
DCbride
DIS Veteran

I stayed last year for 3 nights during a conference. The hotel/rooms/ pool and public areas are beautiful and relaxing. Going midweek you should have the wedding issue of the PP. it felt like a luxury hotel and will be welcomed after a day at the park.

Disney Trips with the kids 1993 Poly 1995 BC 1996 Dixie Landings 1998 BC 2001 SoG 2004 SoG 2006 Dolphin 2008 Magic Villa 3, Mickey's Clubhouse 2009 CSR in March, April, Aug. Sept & Nov 2010 CSR, WL & WL CL, SoG 2011 SoG, CSR, SoG, Mariott, Kidani 2012 Marriott, BC, WLV/AoA 2013 Marriott, AoA, AoA 2014 Pop/Omni, Omni, BC, Bay Lake
DCbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:36 AM   #8
leight

Beautiful resort, would probably be great for an adult weekend. We paid $21 for valet parking- primarily because we knew we'd be coming back to the hotel after midnight- we did the movie/meal deal at Citywalk. Didn't want to have the kids walking a long way that late.

The pool was fine- nothing special- they could easily have improved that with a splash area or decent slide. Liked that there was a separate kiddie pool- perfect for toddlers and separate adult pool (no kids at all allowed.) Drinks from the pool bar were insanely expensive- but they didn't hold back on the alcohol.

We were on the 6th floor and the wifi was lousy- kept ending and couldn't load facebook at all. Pretty décor but frankly- housekeeping didn't impress me. Had we spent any time in the room other than to quickly change for the pool and for dinner- I would have asked to be switched. Top of dresser was dusty and insanely sticky- yuck! Also the shower had a shelf to hold soap and such and the small box of soap they gave us covered soap from a previous guest that stuck to the shelf. I didn't see that until the morning when I showered before checking out. (Felt like the housekeeper purposefully placed the box over the soap scum so as not to clean it- it was a huge shelf for a shower.) The housekeeper knocked on the door at 9:30am to clean the room- why, I don't know since we had until 11 to check out( I was giving her the benefit of the doubt that maybe she saw dh & the kids leave). My family was having breakfast so I was the only one who was still in the room but when we left she actually said so, you are finally done? Like she was being inconvenienced by our staying as long as we did.

Worst thing was that the thick curtains weren't large enough to close and there was about 4 ft wide section of window that was only covered by sheers. We had a pool view-so it was lovely except at night all the lights were on throughout the nite and of course the sun was shinning thru at 6:15am. The second bed had a deep slope/depression in the middle of the mattress.

No way would I have stayed in that room another nite had we been booked longer and I didn't go to the desk as we wanted to head out to Aquatica- but I have written an email to the manager as that was not a very impressive stay. The resort is very lovely and I'd like to recommend it but our luck of the draw wasn't great. Oh, it was $10 a day to use the gym or $20 for length of stay. Thought that was weird!

Update: received email from the manager apologizing and offering a complimentary night stay- in a suite! Won't be able to do that until September but will probably take him up on that and will provide an updated review.

dhmedd13dd 112.59

Last edited by leight; 07-12-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:48 PM   #9
Herbie
DIS Veteran

Excellent resort, and excellent room. my only gripe is the parking, unless you do valet, its a long walk...................
Herbie is offline   Reply With Quote