Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 03:24 PM   #2686
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Z View Post
When we visit POFQ I would not mind a bunny rabbit in the room but think it is highly unlikely since we've requested a 2nd or 3rd floor room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRRK View Post
Did you ever see "Monty Python and the Holy Grail?"

Only saying ...
No - But I asked my daughter about it last night so now I get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerlady View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kddisney502 View Post
"...with nasty big pointy teeth..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Not to mention Anya's fears in Buffy the Vampire Slayer... "it must be BUNNIES!!!"

Andre
I'm glad I was able to bring some amusement to so many of my disboards friends with my bunny rabbit remark

As soon as the replies started coming in I knew I'd have to ask one of my kids the next time I spoke with one of them. They are both Monty Python fans.

I'm all caught up on this thread now.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:36 PM   #2687
jwmoss
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmjensen View Post
Sweet, didn't know that was an option.
Thanks
It works well for us. My husband likes to have a beer or two at the end of the day and it's much cheaper to have a case delivered than to pay Disney prices. I can also get my coffee creamer that I like. One of the services will deliver a Keurig for $20 for 5 days too.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2013, 06:22 PM   #2688
baileygirlsmom
Mouseketeer

Are there still pool towels at POFQ? There were last year in April, heard they might have gone away?
Old 07-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #2689
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileygirlsmom View Post
Are there still pool towels at POFQ? There were last year in April, heard they might have gone away?
No, still there
Old 07-08-2013, 10:55 PM   #2690
Srbright
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmoss

It works well for us. My husband likes to have a beer or two at the end of the day and it's much cheaper to have a case delivered than to pay Disney prices. I can also get my coffee creamer that I like. One of the services will deliver a Keurig for $20 for 5 days too.
Ohhhhh can you PM me which one?

Stacy
Feb 2008 - ASMo (3N/4D)
Old 07-10-2013, 06:23 AM   #2691
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Package rates for 2014 are available as of today. I called at 7 am and got right through and was able to have a AAA 10% discount applied to my room only reservation for next February
Old 07-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #2692
TinkPirateMom
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone! I just booked our Nov. 2014 trip at POFQ. This will be our first stay at FQ and I'm really looking forward to it. We stayed at WL last November and really fell in love but it's not in the budget for this trip and I think FQ looks great. A lot of what we loved about WL was it's compact layout which is why I think we will enjoy FQ as well. Gotta get caught up on this thread...

Old 07-10-2013, 04:36 PM   #2693
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkPirateMom View Post
Hi Everyone! I just booked our Nov. 2014 trip at POFQ. This will be our first stay at FQ and I'm really looking forward to it. We stayed at WL last November and really fell in love but it's not in the budget for this trip and I think FQ looks great. A lot of what we loved about WL was it's compact layout which is why I think we will enjoy FQ as well. Gotta get caught up on this thread...
Howdy neighbor! We booked today and my family is also staying at POFQ next November, it's our second time at the resort and I can tell you right now you're gonna LOVE IT!
Old 07-10-2013, 09:28 PM   #2694
lisalonglash
I have a thing for actors nobody else thinks are yummalicious

Andre, I just read somewhere that they're removing the mini-fridges from most of the resorts (including POFQ) because of some safety issue. Have you heard anything about this?
Me and dh Ds#1(14yo) Ds#2(11yo)

September 2013 - Disney World w/FD (POFQ)
September 2009 - Disney World w/FD(ASMu)
October 2008 - Disney World (ASSp)
May 2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris (off-site in Paris)
Old 07-10-2013, 10:30 PM   #2695
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalonglash View Post
Andre, I just read somewhere that they're removing the mini-fridges from most of the resorts (including POFQ) because of some safety issue. Have you heard anything about this?
Sorry, I know you addressed this to Andre but you read correctly. The following are the only rooms excluded:

All DVC units, including Studio, 1, 2 and 3 BR units
- Art of Animation Family Suites
- All Star Music Family Suites
- Cabins at Fort Wilderness

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/r...-rooms.868797/
Old 07-11-2013, 03:13 AM   #2696
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalonglash View Post
Yes, unfortunately it's quite true. News only broke yesterday so information is a bit scarce, but the situation is expected to last for several months while new fridges are sourced and installed property-wide. See http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3138895 for the latest info (if you can find it between all the waily-waily despairing teeth-gnashing posts anyway )

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 07-11-2013, 07:23 AM   #2697
Jellybass
Mouseketeer

From what I was able to discern from the multiple posts it looks as though they will replace fridges in unoccupied rooms as time goes on but no room will be without a fridge, am I reading that correct? For me it won't be a big deal as we will only have water in the fridge but i can see the issue for people with medicines.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:14 AM   #2698
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybass View Post
From what I was able to discern from the multiple posts it looks as though they will replace fridges in unoccupied rooms as time goes on but no room will be without a fridge, am I reading that correct?
I don't think so, no. They need to remove (or disable) fridges from most rooms, depending on what type of fridge was installed. This won't be done while a current guest is still using them, but will be carried out between guests. So within a week or so, most rooms will no longer have working fridges until replacements can be sourced and installed.

They do have a few spares, and will prioritise getting fridges to guests who have medical needs for them.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 07-11-2013, 10:38 AM   #2699
pinkfairyy2180
Earning My Ears

Do they have ice machine in each floor
Old 07-11-2013, 10:40 AM   #2700
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

We just spent 5 days in the real French Quarter, looking forward to Disney's version.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: