Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES! > disABILITIES Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2013, 11:17 AM   #1831
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina1122
Day 4 of a mild migraine. Woohoo.

So I'm wondering, does anyone else have lots of popping and cracking in your back and neck? I know it can be arthritis related too, but my xrays don't show it too bad, but the cracking has been getting worse and even painful sometimes now...which of course just sets off the fibro pain.
Could it be the way you have been sleeping? A while back I was having terrible jaw pain. After taking flexeril for my back my jaw pain disappeared and I notice the way I was positioning my head at night was putting pressure on my jaw. Seems like when we make ourselves comfortable for one ache or pain we sometimes create another problem. I get a lot of popping/cracking in my ankles and I do not have any arthritis so it might be that.

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:42 PM   #1832
SeaSpray

Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosanab1031 View Post
HAHAHA! Thanks SeaSpray!

Camp Ronald McDonald has become a very important part of my life and I go there for the kids as much as I go for myself. Haha. Camp just always makes me feel so much better! Granted I was VERY exhausted after words. Haha. Funny how that works that way I think it was because it was really cold this time around

My sister actually wants to do a cruise instead of our WDW trip so that she can bring her bf with her and wants me to bring my bf. I do want to do a cruise, but I want to do our WDW trip too. I am at a loss. But yeah it is my DVC and I will do what I want! Lol!

We should totally have a "Fibro Support" weekend! Or week! Haha! It would be great! Wishing a painfree day to everyone!
This sounds good to me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina1122 View Post
Day 4 of a mild migraine. Woohoo.

So I'm wondering, does anyone else have lots of popping and cracking in your back and neck? I know it can be arthritis related too, but my xrays don't show it too bad, but the cracking has been getting worse and even painful sometimes now...which of course just sets off the fibro pain.
I hope that your migraine has subsided by now. They changed the location of my desk at work yesterday morning and by noon I had the worst headache because of the overhead lighting causing me to squint because it felt like the sun was in my eyes. It never went away and I woke up this morning with the headache too. I took some ibuprophen and went back to sleep for another hour and fortunately it has settled down to a dull ache now. I may have to request that they move me to another location because there's no way that I can work like that every day.

I have a lot of cracking and popping all over; mainly my neck and shoulders. I blame it on my rheumatoid arthritis but it could also be pain from fibromyalgia. Most of the time I can't tell what causes which pains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggspring View Post
Could it be the way you have been sleeping? A while back I was having terrible jaw pain. After taking flexeril for my back my jaw pain disappeared and I notice the way I was positioning my head at night was putting pressure on my jaw. Seems like when we make ourselves comfortable for one ache or pain we sometimes create another problem. I get a lot of popping/cracking in my ankles and I do not have any arthritis so it might be that.
This has been my experience, too! You should see the way that I have to set myself up each night. Let's just say that it includes 3 pillows, 2 wrist braces, and a large plush Mickey Mouse under my left arm. DH comments "how cute, sleeping with your Mickey Mouse".

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
SeaSpray is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2013, 12:43 AM   #1833
mommasita
I am like HELLO IT IS TEN OCLOCK...Anderson is on

Has a sweetie who is Furbilicious

DISboards Moderator

HI all. I also have been MIA.. My boy's Grad went well, it just took up time, and many spoons ...

Thinking of everyone, although not always around..

Just booked a vacation (which we all need).. Leaving 6-14th for St. Lucia..

Just hoping I can sit comfortably somewhere.. I started pysio for my rotator tears, and it was amazing, not after though ... I go once more this week before I leave..

Giant gentle hugs
Old 06-30-2013, 12:56 AM   #1834
SeaSpray

Call me "impatient"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommasita View Post
HI all. I also have been MIA.. My boy's Grad went well, it just took up time, and many spoons ...

Thinking of everyone, although not always around..

Just booked a vacation (which we all need).. Leaving 6-14th for St. Lucia..

Just hoping I can sit comfortably somewhere.. I started pysio for my rotator tears, and it was amazing, not after though ... I go once more this week before I leave..

Giant gentle hugs

Yay! I'm so glad that your son's graduation went well!!!! Congrats to the Grad and his mom.

I hope you have a wonderful time in St. Lucia I hope that you can relax and enjoy your vacation to the fullest; you sure deserve it.

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
Old 07-04-2013, 02:35 AM   #1835
mommasita

DISboards Moderator

Thank you!!
I hope you are having less pain, along with everyone else..
Old 07-04-2013, 01:07 PM   #1836
carrie6466
DIS Veteran

Hi all.

For a quick update, the biopsy results didn't come back, because they didn't get a big enough sample for the biopsy. So I get to do it again. Next time they are going to knock me out, do a d & c and get the sample that way. I'm being knocked out because I'm having another surgical procedure done the same day, by a different doctor. They coordinated it so I'd only be under anesthesia once. The other one is the plastic surgeon, who is going to clean up my non-healing mess and stitch it closed. It's an area that never healed properly after my surgery in March due to infection and other issues.

They are going to do all of it on 7/22. 28 or so days before my trip ::sigh::

I should be going home the same day, barring any complications. I should also have all my results back in a week or so following the surgery. I can't stand this anymore.

I hope your are all doing well. I haven't really been keeping up here, this is the first time I've been on the computer in days!
Old 07-04-2013, 01:59 PM   #1837
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!

Happy 4th of july!!!

Hang in there Carrie (((HUGS)))

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:23 AM   #1838
mommasita

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie6466 View Post
Hi all.

For a quick update, the biopsy results didn't come back, because they didn't get a big enough sample for the biopsy. So I get to do it again. Next time they are going to knock me out, do a d & c and get the sample that way. I'm being knocked out because I'm having another surgical procedure done the same day, by a different doctor. They coordinated it so I'd only be under anesthesia once. The other one is the plastic surgeon, who is going to clean up my non-healing mess and stitch it closed. It's an area that never healed properly after my surgery in March due to infection and other issues.

I should be going home the same day, barring any complications. I should also have all my results back in a week or so following the surgery. I can't stand this anymore.

I hope your are all doing well. I haven't really been keeping up here, this is the first time I've been on the computer in days!
Poor thing. Maybe being out will be easier on you.. Keeping you in my thoiughts and prayers
Old 07-06-2013, 11:13 PM   #1839
disneydork3
Obsessed with Disney

Hi everyone. I'm 36 and was diagnosed in Feb after months of unexplained pain in my joints, nerves and muscles. I didn't even want to move because i hurt so bad. I tracked my symptoms for 6 months and noticed they would start a few days before my cycle, last for about 2 1/2 weeks and slowly fade allowing relief for about a week or so only to start all over. All blood tests and X-rays came back ok but my rheumatologist's touch test confirmed the diagnosis. I'm not the norm but my obgyn said most cases are chronic but some are also hormonal. He advised me to eliminate gluten from my diet. I did extensive research and found it helped a lot of people. Pain meds were my last resort so I went gf march 1st which has helped tremendously. I still have flare ups, sometimes deep tissue pain, sometimes joint pain, sometimes my whole body hurts. But I can honestly say eliminating gluten has helped me personally. Good to know I'm not alone on this wild ride.

WDW = 1996 off property ~ 2000 off property ~ 2008 WL ~ 2009 POP ~ 2010 SSR and POP ~ 2011 off property ~ 2012 off property, POR and ASMusic ~ 2013 SSR ~ 2014 off property and POFQ ~ 2015 SSR

DCL = 2012 DREAM Double Dip ~ 2014 MAGIC Southern Caribbean ~ 2016 FANTASY Eastern Caribbean

disneydork3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:12 PM   #1840
SeaSpray

Call me "impatient"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie6466 View Post
Hi all.

I'm sorry that you have to have the biopsy done again. I hope it goes better this time, and that you get great results before your trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydork3 View Post
Hi everyone. I'm 36 and was diagnosed in Feb after months of unexplained pain in my joints, nerves and muscles. I didn't even want to move because i hurt so bad. I tracked my symptoms for 6 months and noticed they would start a few days before my cycle, last for about 2 1/2 weeks and slowly fade allowing relief for about a week or so only to start all over. All blood tests and X-rays came back ok but my rheumatologist's touch test confirmed the diagnosis. I'm not the norm but my obgyn said most cases are chronic but some are also hormonal. He advised me to eliminate gluten from my diet. I did extensive research and found it helped a lot of people. Pain meds were my last resort so I went gf march 1st which has helped tremendously. I still have flare ups, sometimes deep tissue pain, sometimes joint pain, sometimes my whole body hurts. But I can honestly say eliminating gluten has helped me personally. Good to know I'm not alone on this wild ride.
This is a great group of friendly people here. Sometimes we post a lot, and sometimes we don't. It comes with the territory;sometimes its hard just to try and put our thoughts in to words.

I'm glad that going gluten-free has helped you! I've been trying to cut down on wheat/gluten products, too. I have rheumatoid arthritis in addition to fibromyalgia, so anything that reduces inflammation helps.

I saw my doctor today. After being on Adderall XR for the past 30 days he increased the dosage. So tomorrow I'll see whether I feel a difference or not. I told him that I definitely have noticed a difference in my concentration this past month, and I feel a little less fatigued during the day.

I hope everyone is doing well.

[/center]
Old 07-14-2013, 01:22 AM   #1841
niftywench
Jenne From The Block

hello fibro friends!

first time to this part of the Dis! i am a 43 year old diagnosed with Fibro 18 months ago. i have not met many others living with it except my own mom. It seemed to be set off after I had a spinal fusion surgery in 2011. due to these things as well as diabetic neuropathy i had to leave my beloved job as well as stop playing the drums after 12 years and filed for disability which i was recently approved for. Now I can spend more time taking care of me and my health. i recently began a program at Spaulding Rehab in Boston for people who live with chronic pain and also started chiropractic care. i am happy to find this group and look forward to 'meeting' you all.

Jenne
niftywench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:58 PM   #1842
rosanab1031
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie6466
Hi all.

So sorry for what you're going through. But hopefully some good news will come out of all of this. Much love and gentle hugs!
Old 07-14-2013, 05:06 PM   #1843
rosanab1031
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydork3
Welcome to the club! Glad the gluten free diet is working for you. I have been thinking about trying it. Just seems hard and expensive. Any tips?
Old 07-14-2013, 05:18 PM   #1844
rosanab1031
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftywench
hello fibro friends!

first time to this part of the Dis! i am a 43 year old diagnosed with Fibro 18 months ago. i have not met many others living with it except my own mom. It seemed to be set off after I had a spinal fusion surgery in 2011. due to these things as well as diabetic neuropathy i had to leave my beloved job as well as stop playing the drums after 12 years and filed for disability which i was recently approved for. Now I can spend more time taking care of me and my health. i recently began a program at Spaulding Rehab in Boston for people who live with chronic pain and also started chiropractic care. i am happy to find this group and look forward to 'meeting' you all.

Jenne
Welcome! I feel you on the music thing. I can only play the piano now for minutes at a time I have found chiropractic very beneficial as well as acupuncture and muscle injections.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:29 AM   #1845
mommasita

DISboards Moderator

Hi everyone..

Welcome to everyone new!

Seems like so many headaches and other pains.. I think around here the heat is getting to everyone.. We had no summer, and then BAM we got it...

Heading in for a 3 hour appt for a bone scan tomorrow/today.. I will be glad when it is over.

We had a nice vacation, despite the tropical storm drowning us for one day, we made the best of it.. HOme to laundry and just reality sucks...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: