Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2013, 10:35 AM   #1
chrismartinique
Mouseketeer

Movies or POP?

Staying value first part of our stay. Wanted sports but food court will be closed. Trying to decide movies or POP and why?
Is bus situation really soooo much better at POP?
chrismartinique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #2
lilpig
Mouseketeer

Just went in June and stayed at Music. Going again in October and trying POP. The bus wait did seem to be long and very crowed at points, I know it is a busy time. I just think that going to the 3 different resorts added to it.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2013, 10:57 AM   #3
Dsnyfireman
Mouseketeer

We have stayed at POP and sports. POP is our favorite by far. We thought bus wait was less and it is closer to MK, Epcot , DTD and DHS. So ride time was less. POP theme was more to our liking but that's a personal choice. Just like it better, we have stayed at POP twice and sports once and we will be going back to POP. Either place is ok and fun, having the three resorts at the all stars is nice but we never really walked around them much until our last day to kill time before going to airport. At POP you can walk over to AOA and see all the new stuff there. Have fun!
Dsnyfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:50 AM   #4
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

We've stayed both at ASMovies and Pop. Loved the theme of Movies, but Pop we think is superior. The bus situation is soooo much better. Theme is cute at Pop, and if you want a dose of Disney Movie Themed items, walk across the bridge to AoA. The layout is much better, not really too many bad room locations at Pop that are far away from the buses/food court. At ASMovies, it felt like we were walking forever and the food court isn't as good. We love Pop, and are going again in October and I would always pick Pop first at the values.
prettypatchesmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:04 PM   #5
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

We actually had bad bus experiences at Pop, but not at Movies. Every resort on property can have bus issues. Pick between the two based on which looks more visually appealing to you.
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
BebopBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:05 PM   #6
rteetz
DIS Veteran

I've stayed at both hotels and love both but if I'd have to choose I'd pick the pop. The fun pool areas with all the different years is fantastic. The food court at the pop is a bit better than all of the all stars at the moment but they are remodeling the food courts at the all stars. Both are great in my opinion but I would choose the pop.

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:05 PM   #7
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypatchesmsu View Post
We've stayed both at ASMovies and Pop. Loved the theme of Movies, but Pop we think is superior. The bus situation is soooo much better. Theme is cute at Pop, and if you want a dose of Disney Movie Themed items, walk across the bridge to AoA. The layout is much better, not really too many bad room locations at Pop that are far away from the buses/food court. At ASMovies, it felt like we were walking forever and the food court isn't as good. We love Pop, and are going again in October and I would always pick Pop first at the values.
Exactly
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:44 PM   #8
DonoMoose
Mouseketeer

Food Court at Pop has a broader selection. There is a wading pool for little ones at @ Pop, I don't recall seeing one at Movies. & yes the Bus is a huge deal late at night when your exhausted & just want to go directly to your hotel but when staying at the all stars the Buses stop at all 3. Pop doesn't share buses.

9/13(POP) 3/13(AKL) 3/09(Pop) 3/07 (ASM)
9/06(Pop) 04(OP)

ME DH DS11 DS2 DD8
DonoMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:20 AM   #9
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonoMoose View Post
Bus is a huge deal late at night when your exhausted & just want to go directly to your hotel but when staying at the all stars the Buses stop at all 3. Pop doesn't share buses.
The All Stars only share buses during the slower times in the middle of the day. During three 10-nights stays at the All Stars, we never once shared a bus in the AM or at the end of the night. I only recall sharing twice in those stays and both times were in the middle of the afternoon and only about 5 other people on the entire bus.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:08 PM   #10
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

When returning from the Magic Kingdom at anytime of day - the All Stars each have their own separate bus stop. This is a perk because if the line for Movies is long, but the one for Music is short - you can take the Music bus back and walk the short parking lot distance between the two resorts.
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
BebopBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:21 PM   #11
carly chloe
DIS Veteran

We had a 3 year old and teens. They liked Movies better. Better theming for little ones and yes they do have a kids pool. and to many wall to wall loud kids at POP for the teens. (1,000 more ppl at POP)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: