Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #631
wahmtexas
Mouseketeer

Pool Slide

It has been awhile since our last WL stay, does anyone know if the pool slide has an age limit or height restrictions for older children?
Sept.2010: Carribbean Beach, 3d trip with my kids
Dec. 2012 Art Of Animation, Cars Suite Lovin my work at home business paying for our Disney addiction!
Dec. 2013 POFQ, Surprise trip for kids! Loved POFQ!
Nov. 2014 Art Of Animation-Nemo Suite
Old 07-10-2013, 03:21 PM   #632
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahmtexas View Post
It has been awhile since our last WL stay, does anyone know if the pool slide has an age limit or height restrictions for older children?
Don't think so. Adults use the slide too!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2013, 05:06 PM   #633
Sadie22
DIS Veteran

I read the announcement that all the minifridges in the resort rooms are being removed for repair or replacement. Has this started at the Lodge and does anyone know if it will be completed by the end of July, before we arrive?

I am a type 2 diabetic, and I don't have any medicine I need to chill at this point. I count on having food and drink available in the room at all times. I don't have diabetic noted on my room reservation as I don't want any cast members anywhere making assumptions about what I should eat and possibly substituting a "no sugar added" item.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:07 PM   #634
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Shameless is okay!!!

8 days
13 hours
32 minutes
I see

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippa D Doodah View Post

Yep, all the cool people check in on Wednesdays.
Not to brag, but we are exactly 8 weeks behind you.
HAHA! You're right, it's well known that the cool kids check-in on Wednesdays

Barney's super cool, but I'm not sure if he can out-cool Floyd...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Don't think so. Adults use the slide too!
Yep, this one has done it many a time...weeeeeeee!
Old 07-10-2013, 05:11 PM   #635
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadie22 View Post
I read the announcement that all the minifridges in the resort rooms are being removed for repair or replacement. Has this started at the Lodge and does anyone know if it will be completed by the end of July, before we arrive?

I am a type 2 diabetic, and I don't have any medicine I need to chill at this point. I count on having food and drink available in the room at all times. I don't have diabetic noted on my room reservation as I don't want any cast members anywhere making assumptions about what I should eat and possibly substituting a "no sugar added" item.
Welcome! I missed this announcement, do you have a link or can you point me to the info? I do know that if you have a medical need, the resorts will always have a fridge available for you, so no need to worry.

ETA: Just saw the DIS thread and will read it now.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:15 PM   #636
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming

Artist Point and WCC - last minute ADRs

There are a couple of evenings that I don't want to make ADRs (trying hard to hold on to the little bit of spontaneity that the whole 60-day FP+, 180-day ADR, etc. will allow). Is it possible to walk-in or make same-day ADRs for WCC and AP? We're going in January - the week leading up to the Marathon.

Aug 2014 - YC Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL Oct 2013 - PBH Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP) Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP) May 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP) Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP) Oct 2009 - BC (DDP) May 2004 - RPR April 1995 - AsMu
Old 07-10-2013, 05:17 PM   #637
WDWKOOK

Sadie22:

I just looked over the fridge removal thread and this caught my eye:

While on the phone with Disney services today, I was told that if the cord to the fridge is rubber banded together, then it is not to be used and there would be a letter explaining that in the room. If that is the case, the guest can call and request a fridge for the room. If none are available, the guest can request a $15 per night credit put on the room charge.

The OP reports it will take up to four months to replace all defective fridges. DVC and FWC do not need replacement, presumably because they have full-sized fridges.

ETA: I know that you think you might not need a fridge, but I would put in a request for one, just in case you need to store insulin, snacks or drinks. If you know you won't need insulin, then you could store snacks and drinks unrefrigerated or buy as needed from RF and The Mercantile.

Thank you for your question, BTW! I'm going to post the fridge removal information to my threads

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 07-11-2013 at 09:54 AM.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #638
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinotinto View Post
There are a couple of evenings that I don't want to make ADRs (trying hard to hold on to the little bit of spontaneity that the whole 60-day FP+, 180-day ADR, etc. will allow). Is it possible to walk-in or make same-day ADRs for WCC and AP? We're going in January - the week leading up to the Marathon.
It might be more difficult getting an AP ADR than WCC, but it depends what time. If you don't have an ADR, it can be easier to get a walk-up right before opening for a Signature location. It's also easier getting a walk-up for a party of two. WCC at breakfast or lunch is easier than dinner when they're much more full. You could always make an ADR and cancel it if you change your mind.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:30 PM   #639
diskids2
Not above grovelling for a tag

Quote:

I would call and have your ressie noted that u need the refrig for medical reasons. I heard that WL would be done in a few weeks but you never know
Old 07-10-2013, 08:05 PM   #640
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskids2 View Post
I would call and have your ressie noted that u need the refrig for medical reasons. I heard that WL would be done in a few weeks but you never know
Thanks for the WL update. I'll be checking in exactly 3 weeks from just about right now, so I can post a fridge update then
Old 07-10-2013, 08:27 PM   #641
WDWKOOK

From Mouseplanet.com:

Wilderness Lodge:
Main building exterior repairs through August 5
Old 07-11-2013, 06:45 AM   #642
WDWKOOK

There is also a DIS thread discussing the removal. Rooms with regular-sized fridges such as DVC, FWC and Family Suites are not being removed.

Thanks to Sadie22 for posting a question yesterday about the fridge removal.

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 07-11-2013 at 09:51 AM.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:27 AM   #643
roydavid7771
DIS Veteran

Finally doing the single digit dance! 9 days until I can smile for a whole week! If anyone is around from July 21-24, feel free to stop by and say hi. I'll be the one at Trout Pass Bar in the red swim trunks sipping a margarita!

2014: Coronado Springs (WDW Marathon Weekend)
2013: Port Orleans Riverside (WDW Marathon Weekend), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club Villas (Nephew's 1st Visit)
2012: Boardwalk Villas (Our 1st DVC Stay!)
2011: Beach Club, Swan (Honeymoon!)
2010: Pop Century, Wilderness Lodge
2009: Swan
1989: Marriott Orlando World Center
1980: Offsite
1978: Offsite
Old 07-11-2013, 08:32 AM   #644
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by roydavid7771 View Post
Finally doing the single digit dance! 9 days until I can smile for a whole week! If anyone is around from July 21-24, feel free to stop by and say hi. I'll be the one at Trout Pass Bar in the red swim trunks sipping a margarita!
Have a great trip .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 07-11-2013, 08:34 AM   #645
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Hi there. I would call and let them know you will need a fridge for medical reasons. You don't have to tell them what kind of medical for privacy reasons. This way you are sure to have one waiting for you when you check in and won't have to worry.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: