Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2013, 11:53 PM   #1561
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

WOW!!!!!!!
Awesome pics, Jen!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:56 AM   #1562
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

The photos are beautiful.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2013, 10:40 AM   #1563
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Great fireworks shots Jen!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:23 PM   #1564
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
WOW!!!!!!!
Awesome pics, Jen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
The photos are beautiful.

Corinna
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Great fireworks shots Jen!
Thanks
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:07 PM   #1565
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Nov. 11, 2013, Sunday ~ Day 11

Rise and Shine! I donít remember how early I got up, but I know it was early. My Mom was up and about early too as they had to be packed and ready to head our fairly early as well.
We discussed the whole snack credit issue and she said they rarely used them, so she was not sure why I had none left. She said they never could figure out half the time how to use the plan and paid out of pocket half the time. She also said they had more charged to the room and gave me some money.
I went down to sort it all out.
The charges were already applied to my card Ö.isnít that nice. But they did allow me to pay it off in cash and credit my card back. I asked about the whole credit issue and she said they had some system glitches the day before and she wasnít aware of what, but maybe that was the problem. She printed up my credits left. Holy Cow! I had SEVERAL snack credits now showing. And clearly when I bought the pretzel yesterday it didnít take that credit off. I asked about it, and she told me not to worry.
We also had several counter service credits to use up before midnight today as well. Oh gosh. We were going to be eating a lot today!

I then gathered the bags I had packed and took them to the van and drove over to Art of Animation. That was going to be our next resort stay. I figured it would be easier to get checked in and take as much of our stuff over first thing while I still had access to the van.

Claire was very excited to be staying in a Little Mermaid room at the AoA. Back in the Spring when I decided to extend my stay longer I really debated this. At first it was a no brainer, it would be Pop Century in a preferred Pool view room. Then I saw some preview pictures of AoA and it got me thinking. I still debated and it was also announced that the Little Mermaid rooms would be opening earlier than planned. When it came down to it, I just really wanted to check it out and also be in a brand new resort. I decided to book it and even decided I would stay there, even if there wasnít a discount.
Luckily my wonderful friend Carey got a pin code for free dining and it included the Little Mermaid rooms as the time. I booked my room attached to her pin as well and was able to get free dining for this portion of the trip. I also decided to try out something else new Ödeluxe dining. I did the fuzzy math beforehand and I figured it would come out to close to the same amount as what I would pay for with regular dining. Well actually when applied it was even less, so I was a happy camper.

I proceeded over to AoA to get us checked in and drop off some of our bags. I texted Carey to let her know I was on my way as well. She had texted me the day before and told me they would give us their light up necklaces they had used during the Christmas party, so we planned to meet up one last time and I could get those and say good bye as well because she was heading home today.

I swore I took pictures of the lobby when I checked in, but if I did they have disappeared because I canít find them. I thought I brought along my point and shoot, and maybe I did and just didnít take any pictures.
I got myself checked in. Of course our room wasnít ready but they promised to text me when it was. I let them know that I had little faith in that as this was my 3rd Disney resort and not one had texted me yet. They even gave me a card I could use to call in and checkÖYep I lost that in some very secret safe place. LOL.
They were having a bit of an issue with my tickets and I told them I had picked them up already. Well they played around and told me they now were attached to my new KTTW card. Ok then, thatís nice to have.
I then made my way over to meet up with Carey. Carey was in the LM section as well and she said she was about as far back as you could get. They originally had a closer room but when they went inside it just had a king bed, which wouldnít work for the 3 of them, so they were moved.
Kadence was in tow and a little disappointed that Claire wasnít with me. I let her know she missed her, but I had to let her sleep in a bit as we have been so busy.
We chatted a bit and Carey gave me the lay of the land. It was really neat to see the resort in person and I planned to tour around later in the day.

We said our final good byes and I headed back to the Beach Club. Mom and Dad were ready to leave and I got Claire up and going as well. Today was our Downtown Disney day, with plans to go to DHS later in the day to see the Osborne Lights.
Well I decided that today was also going to be nap day. We had been going strong for over a week now and we really needed to have a little bit of mid-day rest.
After my parents left, we finished up with our packing and checking the room and had the rest of our luggage picked up to be transferred to AoA. We then headed out. I think we started our way to the bus stop around 9:40ish. Of course we had to make a stop and get a few pictures.

And off to the bus stop.

We had the bad bus mojo again and waited quite a long time for a bus. I think at least 20 minutes.

I took this picture from the bus stop, but I am not even sure what I was trying to get.

And a bush nearby.

Claire and I discussed our bad bus mojo and finally one came and we headed off.
I was excited to see the Dťcor all around here as well and I took several pictures of it.

We had to get a fun pose. I donít think we ever took this shot before.

I submitted this next picture in a contest around Christmas time and it won! I won a Disney gift card.

I didnít even know there was such a thing as the perfectly princess birthday party.

We had some shopping to take care of. Nothing special, but we still had to shop.

We did a lot of browsing. I donít think we actually bought anything. There we several shirts I liked, but I couldnít bring myself to pay the Disney prices for them.

I eyed the Dooneyís too. I REALLY liked the retro style pattern, but I wasnít finding a style of purse I liked with that pattern.

After looking around some more I kept going back to the Dooneyís. I asked if another shop in DTD sold them as well and I was directed to Trend D I believe. I really wanted one and my excuse to get one was to make up for all the bad bus mojo I had had during the stay so far. Surely a new Disney Dooney would make me feel better, right?

We headed over and YES! I found a style I liked. I was so excited. I snatched it up. I think the lady was surprised at how easy the sale was. She went to grab another so I could look at placement (her suggestion, not mine) and I paid with my Disney Visa and got 10% off too! I was on a high leaving that store. Claire was even excited because she saw how excited I was as well and I guess it was contagious.

Last edited by jenseib; 07-10-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #1566
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

So this is the last day of your trip?
Old 07-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #1568
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

Nope! Still 3 more nights!
I figured I misread thanks
Old 07-10-2013, 03:01 PM   #1569
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I am too far behind to comment on things. But I have caught up now and all I can say is WOW on your pictures...excellent job.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #1570
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Looks like you had a very busy morning. I can't wait to see some of photos from AoA. What style did you go for in the end with the Dooney and Bourke? I have the barrel bag in the WDW retro pattern and an iPad case in the Disneyland retro pattern (I keep quite about all the other Disney Dooneys that I own )

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:09 PM   #1571
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Great update and pics.

I love browsing in the stores.

Can't wait to see Little mermaid rooms, we are staying there in December.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:27 PM   #1572
NYcruiser
Earning My Ears

Great report!
Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas August 2009
NCL Pride of America Hawaii August 2010
Holland America ms Westerdam Februrary 2011
NCL Epic Februrary 2012
Disney Fantasy Februrary 2014
NYcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:03 PM   #1573
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
I figured I misread thanks
The rest of the family did leave that morning. Claire and I stayed longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I am too far behind to comment on things. But I have caught up now and all I can say is WOW on your pictures...excellent job.
I am very behind on many reports. I lost internet for several days and I am just now starting to catch up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Looks like you had a very busy morning. I can't wait to see some of photos from AoA. What style did you go for in the end with the Dooney and Bourke? I have the barrel bag in the WDW retro pattern and an iPad case in the Disneyland retro pattern (I keep quite about all the other Disney Dooneys that I own )

Corinna
I got the retro style. I believe somewhere along the line I took a picture of it.
I have a few too. LOL. I have one I haven't even used yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Great update and pics.

I love browsing in the stores.

Can't wait to see Little mermaid rooms, we are staying there in December.
The theming is great, but it's not very close to the main building at all. I am very glad we did stay there though and got to experience a new resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYcruiser View Post
Great report!
Thanks for joining and welcome to Dis!
Old 07-10-2013, 10:07 PM   #1574
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I, too had to buy a retro style Dooney. It is a little bit bigger than I would like, but I love the pattern. I get lots of compliments on this purse.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:39 AM   #1575
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
I, too had to buy a retro style Dooney. It is a little bit bigger than I would like, but I love the pattern. I get lots of compliments on this purse.
I got a fairly big one too, but I have a lot of junk. LOL

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: