Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 08:25 AM   #616
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggypeck View Post
Thanks for the welcome, mickeynut and kook!

I booked a studio. Not only will this be my first WL visit, but it will be my family's first time at a deluxe resort. I'm looking forward to the larger room, dining choices, walking around the beautiful resort grounds, and, of course, the close proximity to Magic Kingdom. It's all so exciting, and something I never thought I'd be able to experience. I'm so glad I found out about DVC rentals.

As for ADRs, I'm anxiously awaiting my 180-day mark! As someone who has never dined at a signature restaurant, would Artist Point be a good experience? What do WL-lovers think? Disney Food Blog seems to enjoy the atmosphere and food.

Thanks again!
We tried Artist Point for the first time in December 2010 and we loved it. The filet and salmon were amazing and the atmosphere is beautiful. We can't wait to go back .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 07-09-2013, 08:49 AM   #617
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I booked a studio. Not only will this be my first WL visit, but it will be my family's first time at a deluxe resort. I'm looking forward to the larger room, dining choices, walking around the beautiful resort grounds, and, of course, the close proximity to Magic Kingdom. It's all so exciting, and something I never thought I'd be able to experience. I'm so glad I found out about DVC rentals.

As for ADRs, I'm anxiously awaiting my 180-day mark! As someone who has never dined at a signature restaurant, would Artist Point be a good experience? What do WL-lovers think? Disney Food Blog seems to enjoy the atmosphere and food.

Thanks again!
A friend of mine recommended it to me for a date night at Disney. Our trip is a little shorter this time around so we passed on Disney date night. I'm a little sad because I wanted to try it and we're on the DxDP, but I just can't find a good day for it.

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #618
klacey1
DIS Veteran

As far as transportation, I see it takes about 15 minutes by bus to reach Epcot. How long does it take to take the boat to CR, monorail to TTC, and monorail to Epcot? I know that's terrible inefficient, but my boyfriend just loves the monorail!

Does the bus to MK start running before the boat? Am thinking we'd like to take the bus to EMH, and the boat in the afternoons returning to the resort.

What's the best standard view room that does not edge the lobby? My boyfriend is afraid of some heights in some ways-- so he wouldn't like being on the 6th floor and looking down into the lobby, but he'd be fine being in his room on the 7th floor looking out at some trees. (Make sense?!)
Old 07-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #619
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
As far as transportation, I see it takes about 15 minutes by bus to reach Epcot. How long does it take to take the boat to CR, monorail to TTC, and monorail to Epcot? I know that's terrible inefficient, but my boyfriend just loves the monorail!

Does the bus to MK start running before the boat? Am thinking we'd like to take the bus to EMH, and the boat in the afternoons returning to the resort.

What's the best standard view room that does not edge the lobby? My boyfriend is afraid of some heights in some ways-- so he wouldn't like being on the 6th floor and looking down into the lobby, but he'd be fine being in his room on the 7th floor looking out at some trees. (Make sense?!)
For us the trip to Epcot via boat and monorail took about 35 minutes, but the risk is that with 1 boat and 2 monorails to wait on your times could vary significantly. I have seen others state that it took 45 min to an hour. Either way, it is a fun trip.

There are special early buses to parks for morning ADRs, and they would be the earliest form of transportation. I'm not sure about how the start times for the regular park buses compare to the MK boat, but I would think they'd be pretty similar. For morning EMH I would bet that both the boat and bus would be running, but the Bus is more of a sure bet.

I understand your boyfriend's heights issue. Looking into the lobby isn't that bad, but does bother some. If you did wind up with a non-lobby Standard view room, they are in the North Wing on the North side, which might have a bit of a view of Wishes and the MK from the higher floors. I would just request whatever room location you think you'd prefer, and not worry too much about if there are Standard View rooms there. They will do their best to accommodate you and it is fairly common to end up with a room upgrade.

Happy planning and enjoy your trip!
Old 07-09-2013, 02:25 PM   #620
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
For us the trip to Epcot via boat and monorail took about 35 minutes, but the risk is that with 1 boat and 2 monorails to wait on your times could vary significantly. I have seen others state that it took 45 min to an hour. Either way, it is a fun trip.

There are special early buses to parks for morning ADRs, and they would be the earliest form of transportation. I'm not sure about how the start times for the regular park buses compare to the MK boat, but I would think they'd be pretty similar. For morning EMH I would bet that both the boat and bus would be running, but the Bus is more of a sure bet.

I understand your boyfriend's heights issue. Looking into the lobby isn't that bad, but does bother some. If you did wind up with a non-lobby Standard view room, they are in the North Wing on the North side, which might have a bit of a view of Wishes and the MK from the higher floors. I would just request whatever room location you think you'd prefer, and not worry too much about if there are Standard View rooms there. They will do their best to accommodate you and it is fairly common to end up with a room upgrade.

Happy planning and enjoy your trip!
So it seems like the monorail/boat plan is definitely for when we are not pressed for time. Got it!

Thanks for the MK bus/boat comparison. I think we're going to stick with our plan of the bus for the a.m. and boat in the afernoon/evenings. Does the WL share buses with any other resorts for the MK?

Okay! Thanks for the room info-- I think I need to study some room maps!

I really appreciate your help!!
Old 07-09-2013, 03:34 PM   #621
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
So it seems like the monorail/boat plan is definitely for when we are not pressed for time. Got it!

Thanks for the MK bus/boat comparison. I think we're going to stick with our plan of the bus for the a.m. and boat in the afernoon/evenings. Does the WL share buses with any other resorts for the MK?

Okay! Thanks for the room info-- I think I need to study some room maps!

I really appreciate your help!!
No problem, talking about WL is fun!

As for the MK buses, there are no additional stops between WL and MK, but I believe it is possible that some people would have gotten on at FW first. Same thing for leaving MK, WL is the first stop but there may be FW people on board as well.

For a good map of what's where, check out this post of this thread. One additional thing to note is that Roaring Fork, the QS location for WL is on the pool level in the middle of the North Wing, like below the 035-041 rooms, so being close to it is preferred by some. Overall though the resort isn't that big, and it is all under one roof, so getting anywhere shouldn't take you much more than 5 minutes.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:48 AM   #622
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Shameless ticker boasting alert! According to my faithful ticker, 3 weeks from today we'll be checking in to our favorite Lodge (after 14 hours of driving)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyEars View Post
Hi!

I'm going to book our first ever stay at the Lodge when Disney begins accepting 2014 dates on Wednesday and I'm sooooo excited!!! Before I do I wanted to ask about the balconies so I can add requests to our reservation.

We're going to book "Courtyard View" and I want to request an upper floor with an open balcony. What upper floor can I request to be sure we don't get a solid wall balcony.

Thanks!!

Carla
TODAY is your BIG day! The highest floor that doesn't have any enclosed balconies is the 5th - some of the 6th floor rooms do have an enclosed balcony. Also, don't forget to request an INNER or WL Courtyard View room if you would like to face the pool, geyser and Bay Lake. If you want a quieter location (no afternoon pool party) then you would request a VWL Courtyard View room, but you would not have those amazing views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubel88 View Post
Anyone know if the Thumper pillows are or will be for sale? After looking over the refub pics some more, I think I'm in need of one.
I didn't see them last year in the Mercantile, but I can check again 3 weeks from today

Quote:

Thanks again!
I think everyone should try the Signature Dining at any resort they book at least once. Most report loving AP. Our experience last year was MEH, but other experiences have been much better so I would give it another try and I recommend you try it, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
A friend of mine recommended it to me for a date night at Disney. Our trip is a little shorter this time around so we passed on Disney date night. I'm a little sad because I wanted to try it and we're on the DxDP, but I just can't find a good day for it.
You will just HAVE to book it for another stay

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
No problem, talking about WL is fun!

As for the MK buses, there are no additional stops between WL and MK, but I believe it is possible that some people would have gotten on at FW first. Same thing for leaving MK, WL is the first stop but there may be FW people on board as well.

For a good map of what's where, check out this post of this thread. One additional thing to note is that Roaring Fork, the QS location for WL is on the pool level in the middle of the North Wing, like below the 035-041 rooms, so being close to it is preferred by some. Overall though the resort isn't that big, and it is all under one roof, so getting anywhere shouldn't take you much more than 5 minutes.
I absolutely agree with your bolded statement

Just adding to your helpful post that there are also many different elevator locations throughout the resort which also make it mighty convenient no matter where you are: Next to the lobby check-in, next to RF and across from the laundry and at the end of the wings, which in the case of the 7th floor, is more mid-wing since the 7th (CL) floor doesn't extend down to Bay Lake.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:14 AM   #623
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Shameless ticker boasting alert! According to my faithful ticker, 3 weeks from today we'll be checking in to our favorite Lodge (after 14 hours of driving)
How exciting KOOK ......the 3 weeks will go by before you know it .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 07-10-2013, 08:22 AM   #624
LovinPooh
DIS Veteran

Booked a courtyard room for feb! Very excited
Lil nervous bout making room requests. Never done that before. I just dont want to be stuck looking at the villas for this price lol. This girl wants to look at bay lake n be close to the action
When is a good time to call and make a room request? Do you just call the regular reservations phone #?
Thank you to this thread for helping with my WL decision
Old 07-10-2013, 08:29 AM   #625
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinPooh View Post
Booked a courtyard room for feb! Very excited
Lil nervous bout making room requests. Never done that before. I just dont want to be stuck looking at the villas for this price lol. This girl wants to look at bay lake n be close to the action
When is a good time to call and make a room request? Do you just call the regular reservations phone #?
Thank you to this thread for helping with my WL decision
Congrats on booking the WL . Yes, just call the regular reservation number and tell the CM you want to add a room request. If you add more than 1, list the most important one first .

Old 07-10-2013, 09:21 AM   #626
LovinPooh
DIS Veteran

Thank you
Old 07-10-2013, 10:27 AM   #627
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Shameless is okay!!!

8 days
13 hours
32 minutes
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 07-10-2013, 10:34 AM   #628
Zippa D Doodah
Suffering from Fairy Alienation. Is there a program for that?
I'm such a shameless taghound!
I am an unabashed Q-tipper !

Quote:

Yep, all the cool people check in on Wednesdays.
Not to brag, but we are exactly 8 weeks behind you.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #629
Anna114
Pluto Rocks!

Quote:

We take the boat to MK. Take the monorail to the TTC and then switch over to the EPCOT monorail.
5/1988 POLY (Honeymoon) 2/1998 Offsite 5/2002 Caribbean Beach 5/2006 Wilderness Lodge 12/2007 POP 8/2009 Port Orleans Riverside 5/2010 POLY CL (Anniversary) 10/2010 SSR 1/2011 OKW 8/2011 FW Cabins & VWL 12/2011 SSR 5/2012 VWL 9/2012 VWL 8/2013 VWL 25th Ann. w/my boys 5/2014 AKV 12/2014 VWL 5/2009 DVC Owners Villas at Wilderness lodge!

Old 07-10-2013, 12:54 PM   #630
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinPooh View Post
Thank you
You're welcome .

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: