Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2013, 10:01 AM   #16
pieface
Mouseketeer

If they do away with the Osborn lights I will not travel to Disney again for Christmas. They have already done away with the Christmas lights on the bridge at Epcot enough is enough.
pieface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:04 AM   #17
NYDisneyKid
Expedition Everest Record Holder

Everybody,,,Grab a picket sign
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2013, 10:13 AM   #18
VMKYouAreMissed
Mouseketeer

ru·mor
Rumor

Noun
A currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth:

Verb
Be circulated as an unverified account:

Don't get too worked up about something that hasn't been announced by Disney.
VMKYouAreMissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:15 AM   #19
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMKYouAreMissed View Post
ru·mor
Rumor

Noun
A currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth:

Verb
Be circulated as an unverified account:

Don't get too worked up about something that hasn't been announced by Disney.
You are correct.

HOWEVER, if the Star Wars and/or Pixar Place expansion rumors are to be believed (and those really are picking up a lot of steam as of late), then Streets of America is leaving and thus no place to put the lights (for now).
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:16 AM   #20
Brian_WDW74
Theme Parks Co-Moderator
Oh, I'm detecting nuttiness.

DISboards Moderator

I've moved this thread to the Rumors and News board.

Brian_WDW74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:16 AM   #21
spodie
Mouseketeer

I just can't imagine them doing away with this entirely...it's too popular of an attraction. I could see if they were having trouble attracting people to it, but that is definitely not the case. I'm sure it just has something to do with this expansion and will just be relocated, but only time will tell.

Personally, I at least hope that it sticks around at least in some kind of capacity, as it is my absolute favorite thing that WDW does for the holidays!
Old 07-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #22
notnothin
A Pirate's Life For Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by spodie View Post
I just can't imagine them doing away with this entirely...it's too popular of an attraction. I could see if they were having trouble attracting people to it, but that is definitely not the case. I'm sure it just has something to do with this expansion and will just be relocated, but only time will tell.

Personally, I at least hope that it sticks around at least in some kind of capacity, as it is my absolute favorite thing that WDW does for the holidays!
I certainly hope that the lights stay. My wife and I try to make it down each Christmas to see all of the holiday-specific offerings and this is one of our favorites. Like others, we were sad to see EPCOT lose the Lights of Winter and hope DHS doesn't suffer a similar fate.

notnothin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #23
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
You are correct.

HOWEVER, if the Star Wars and/or Pixar Place expansion rumors are to be believed (and those really are picking up a lot of steam as of late), then Streets of America is leaving and thus no place to put the lights (for now).
But that's a pretty big assumption, isn't it? That the new expansions would require the closure of SOA? From what I've read, the Pixar place expansion would move into part of the current backlot area.

As for a Star Wars land- I wouldn't get too hooked on the idea that it would be located adjacent to the current Star Tours. Taking over SOA would also mean getting rid of the Muppets 3D, Honey I Shrunk the Kids (no great loss), Mama Melrose, and Pizza Planet. I think it's just as likely that they would take over the LMA/Catastrophe Canyon area instead.

But this is all deriving from one or 2 vague sentences rumoured by a couple of CMs? I'm not going to panic just yet.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:42 AM   #24
peabody58
I'm just a drummer in a R&R Band!!

Boring day off with thunderstorms outside, so....

Heard it from a friend who's daughter is dating a guy who knows the wife of a Disney Bus driver, and the really change is:

Osborne lights will be moved to Disney Springs!!

Also the AC will reopen!

Old 07-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #25
I<3theMouse
Mouseketeer

Say it Ain't So!

I hope this is just a rumor! Our next trip will be November 2014 & I was sooo looking forward to seeing the Osborne lights again. Now, I wish we could squeeze a holiday trip in this year- just in case!
Old 07-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #26
ladyhawk14624
Mouseketeer

Oh I hope this isn't true. We've never been to see them. We had planned to go this year but my mother passed away in March so we decided to go in 2014 instead of 2013. Gotta keep an eye on this thread for sure!

ladyhawk14624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:51 AM   #27
rteetz
DIS Veteran

I see this rumor only coming true if an expansion is announced i believe the expansion would take place of much of that ack area. I've never seen the light show in person and I'm crazy for Christmas lights myself. My house is thousands of lights done to music and I've always wanted to see those in person. But I think if a big expansion is done and its done right over the years we won't miss the light show much anymore. But I only believe this is a rumor because of the rumored expansions at DHS.

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #28
NYDisneyKid
Expedition Everest Record Holder

String up all the lights at DTD
Old 07-10-2013, 11:57 AM   #29
BDL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody58 View Post
Boring day off with thunderstorms outside, so....

Heard it from a friend who's daughter is dating a guy who knows the wife of a Disney Bus driver, and the really change is:

Osborne lights will be moved to Disney Springs!!

Also the AC will reopen!

Ohhh no... With all those people in the loop than it must be true. Jeez... Next someone will be telling me that the Hyperion Wharf project is on hold.

But seriously... There are fewer things at Disney that get the hairs on the back of my neck up, and my jaw drop like the Osbourne Lights (especially at light switch time). Hoping that this stays in the rumor realm.

BDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:05 PM   #30
Spacedog1975
Mouseketeer

This would be a shame. I saw them for the first time last year, and enjoyed them so much that we actually discussed checking them out annually.

The Disney Springs idea is *not* horrible. They would certainly drive traffic to Disney's shopping destination. I'm not sure why Disney wouldn't like this idea.
Spacedog1975 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: