Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #1
Northernlites
Mouseketeer

Marriott Harbour Lake - Orlando resort

Anyone been there recently? Is it worth the money? Any ideas how to get a better rate than the marriott web site?
Northernlites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:37 AM   #2
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernlites View Post
Anyone been there recently? Is it worth the money? Any ideas how to get a better rate than the marriott web site?
This a great resort, especially if you have younger kids. Super-close to Sea World. Fun activities.

I have rented it on eBay. You can also find it on Redweek.com.

This is a timeshare resort, so renting from an owner is going to be less than going through marriott.
Upatnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #3
dioxide45
DIS Veteran

We were just at Harbour Lake last November (though for only two nights) and had a good time. The resort is definitely geared toward families with young children. If you are a couple or adults traveling without kids, Grande Vista or Lakeshore Reserve may be better options.

Being a timeshare resort, rentals from an owner are a good option. Though depending on the time of year you want to go, renting may not be possible. For low season, not many owners will rent because the prices just don't bring in enough money to cover their annual fees.

If you know a timeshare owner that is a member of II, they may be able to book a getaway for you. Low/shoulder season 2BR units usually run about $500 for 7 nights. High season can be north of $900.

Marriott now has a points system that is only available to owners but people do rent their points for reservations as short as one night. When are you looking to travel and for how many nights. There may be other options that I can send you via PM once I know more about when you are planning to travel.
dioxide45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:42 PM   #4
paintnolish
You'd think a sniff in the general vicinity would be sufficient
I mean, how much more can a dead guy do?!?
I'm meh about "meh."

Is this Cypress Harbor? Someone just recommended it to me. How is the drive to WDW? Traffic?
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post34722197
DH Me DS (13) DD (12) Baby DS (1)
paintnolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:01 PM   #5
randbmom
Science Teacher and Cast Member wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintnolish View Post
Is this Cypress Harbor? Someone just recommended it to me. How is the drive to WDW? Traffic?
I own at Harbour Lake, and have stayed in all Marriott timeshares in Orlando through trading. Cypress Harbor is right across the street from Harbour Lake. The drive to WDW is super convenient, 5 minutes and 2 exits on I-4, and getting onto I-4 is simple. Allow 15 minutes total to a teme park parking lot or TTC.

Universal and HRH, SeaWorld, Disney Summer 2011 Grand Californian @ Disneyland July 2010 (on cross country trip) Poly for MNSSHP Oct 2009,
Two weeks, Harbour Lake and Grande Vista June/July 2009
One Day @ Disneyland Paris June 2008,Horizons by Marriott/Dolphin July 2007
HRH and Marriott Cypress Harbor 2006 Marriott Grand Vista 2005 CR,PBR,AK,Swan 2003 POR,AK 2002 Poly 2000 CBR 1997 & 1998 offsite 1994 & 1977
randbmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #6
chicagoshannon
DIS Veteran

This is our favorite resort to take the kids. They have 2 nice pools, huge whirlpools, and a big water splash area. The I4 on ramp is about 1 minute away and it's about 10 minutes from there to Disney.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:36 PM   #7
mrsp1030
DIS Veteran

Love this resort. We stayed with our 3 young boys this past spring break and the pools are awesome for kids. Easy access to WdW and SseaWorld. Definitely check out red week. We used Marriott points but rent via red week many times to other Marriott villas.
mrsp1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:09 PM   #8
PA Princess
DIS Veteran

We stayed at this resort recently - June 16-June 25 - in a two bedroom suite with our four kids (ages 8, 12, 16, and 17). We really enjoyed this resort. Pools were nice (especially for younger kids) and the activities were nice also for the younger set. The room was very nice (and we did not even have the most recently renovated rooms) and quite spacious.

Location for this resort was very nice. We have been die-heart on property people for many years, so this was a different experience for us. The commute to Disney was smooth and painless. There were occasional back ups on I 4, but you are on this for just a short bit so it did not slow us down in any significant way. We were able to mid day breaks back at the resort during the heat of the day, and we found it easier or no different than time required to do buses on property.

We booked on Expedia and paid $205 a night (including taxes, etc) for the two bedroom suite. A bonus with the Expedia booking is that it includes "light housekeeping." This is a huge plus to me on vacation.
PA Princess is offline   Reply With Quote