Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 06:51 AM   #16
natebenma
DIS Veteran

PHOTOS, VIDEOS, TRIP REPORTS
& LINKS TO PREVIOUS CLOSED THREADS

picture provided by littlewhiterabbit

For really cool aerial views of the resort, check out this BING map of the resort and surrounding area- you can zoom in and out.
Teena said she thought she saw her car in the parking lot!!!

Aerial Map of Beach Club Resort

Need to feed your fix for pix?

Link to Yacht Club, Beach Club and Beach Club Villa Photos~ Post All Your Photos!!!

Video: Inside Look at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts, June 2013 Look for Teena at 1:14 in this video

Check out this YouTube video with a mini-tour of parts of the resort. Room depicted is in the Beach Club resort Video Tour

Trip Report and Review Links:

Aug 18-23 BC CL visegrip72
Yacht Club Review by TXTiggergal, Aug 11-17
Moms Only Trip by Rafikifan, June 27-July 2013
Yacht Club Review by DisneyDoc5, June 2013
Live Report, TigrLvsPooh May 25-June 1, Yacht Club

Posts by CTDisney, April 2013-
Room 5154
Our Thoughts on Club Level
Yacht Club Resort
Highlights from Around the World

Yacht Club Review January 2013 by bean bunny

Happily Ever After Begins Here by missyrose, pictures by pixeldust, Oct 2012 BCV
A May 2012 Beach Club Trip of a Lifetime by Feckless
March Break 2012 at the Yacht Club by JanetMom

Frozen Fun at the Beach Club by counselormom, December 2011
Bazinga! It was LEGEN-wait for it-DARY by creativeamanda, June 2011

3rd Annual We are "NEVER" going to Disney in the summer again TR by natebenma, July 2009 and July 2010 Beach Club

Here's the links to the previous, "closed" threads

2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun (May, June and July 2013)
2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun (February, March, April May 2013)
2012/2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Part 4 (November 2012-February 2013)
2012 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Part 3 (August, September, October, November 2012)
2012 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Part 2 (May, June, July 2012)
2012 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Part 1 (March, April, May 2012)
2011/2012 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Part IV (November 2011-March 2012)
2011 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Part III (August 2011-November 2011)
2011 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Part II (April 2011-July 2011)
2011 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ (February 2011 - April 2011)
2010 Yacht and Beach Club FAQ, Part II (August 2010 - March 2011)
2010 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ(April 2010- August 2010)

Last edited by natebenma; 08-21-2013 at 07:26 AM.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:53 AM   #17
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Beach and Yacht Club Community Page

This just in! As of March 2013, the pins have all been distributed! Thanks Nannette for taking on the task of mailing these out!

Are you staying at the Yacht or Beach Club or the Beach Club Villas and want to meet or be recognized by other DIS'ers? Thanks to a wonderful design from RustManFan of the Creative Designs Forum, and the enthusiasm of DIS'er Janloz, we now have fashionable pins available upon request and free of charge!

July 2013 4th Annual Beach & Yacht Club DIS Meet

Sunday July 7, 2013, 6:30 PM
Solarium at the Beach Club

DIS Meet 2013 Pictures

Couchy, Teena, Robyn's daughter, Disneymomx7 (Robyn)

With Flat Dee

July 2012 Yacht & Beach Club 3rd Annual DIS meet:

Sunday July 22, 6 PM

Here are a couple of photos from the Y&BC DIS meet on Sunday.

The first picture is DisneyDadinPA and his wife, with Lauren(The Magical One), another CM at the resort and Teena.

Here is the rest of the group:

Here is a closeup of one of the "Flat" visitors:

There was also a visit from the 3 Caballeros- I'm not sure if I have a closeup of this.

Expected attendees: TeenaS, Disneymomx7 (Robyn), Magical One (Lauren), catho72, tinacaplan, Flat Dee (Natebenma) and friends

And there was a surprise appearance by YCFan!!!

July 2011 Second Annual Beach & Yacht Club DIS meet and surprise "Nanny Shower":

Monday July 25, 6 PM

Thanks for the photos, kldmom2000!

For more pictures from the meet/shower, check out this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post42109256

Expected attendees: TeenaS, Disneymomx7 (Robyn), jennb, lov2b@disney (Sandy), kldmom2000, YCFAN, Magical One (Lauren), jultomzach (maybe), Flat Dee (Natebenma), Flat pixarmom

August 2010 Yacht & Beach Club DIS meet:

Thanks for the photo, LovintheLodge!

Sunken Treasure: The unofficial beverage of the Beach and Yacht Club FAQ forum:

Contents: Malibu Rum, Midori, orange juice, pineapple juice and Sprite with a splash of BOLS Blue Curacao.

Thanks, pixarmom, Feckless, WDW4us2006 and Ninja Mom for the photos!

Please note that the Sunken Treasure is no longer on the menu at Hurricane Hanna's, however if you get a bartender who knows how to make the drink, you may still be in luck!

Thanks to medicgirl177, who experiemented at great personal risk to decipher the secret formula:

Sunken Treasure- recipe by medicgirl177
1 1/2 shots Midori
1 shot Malibu Coconut Rum
1 shot orange juice
1 shot pineapple juice
Sprite or 7-Up to fizzy taste
1 shot Blue Curaçao
Over ice
Dress with Pineapple slice, cherry, or umbrella

Last edited by natebenma; 07-30-2013 at 08:01 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2013, 06:57 AM   #18
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Yacht and Beach Club Voluptuous Noodle Swap Historical Page

I am sorry to inform everyone that the resort will no longer allow pool noodles to be held in storage and passed between guests, so the private Noodle Swap coordinated on the BC/YC FAQ thread has been discontinued. Bell Services will no longer be permitted to accept or keep noodles turned in to them.

Thank you to everyone who has participated in the swap! The posters on the this forum were able to successfully execute a pool noodle swap from June 2011 until September 2012. It was certainly fun and lasted a lot longer than anyone ever imagined when we started this!

Meet the Noodle Family:

Paul, Pastina, Penne and Ramen

They will making their first visit to Disney World and the Beach Club in June 2011. They have decided to take up permanent residence at the resort and will be spending time with different families as part of a "noodle relocation program"

************************************************** ********************************************

Well, after their introduction to the Beach Club/Yacht Club and Stormalong Bay, the Noodle Family has decided to stick around. The first handoff was successful!

************************************************** ************************************************** *********

(Photo) "Diary of a Non-Wimpy Noodle"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/63237606@N03/

December 2011 antics by heatherbabydoll1:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=413

Here's Bellebookworm9 enjoying the Noodle Family in October 2011:

The Noodles are having a little International Fun with ChipNDaleRule's family:

Anticipating the Upcoming Olympic Games- Is there a Yoga Competition???

Celebrating the Queen's Diamond Jubilee

The Noodles Get Married, August 22, 2012
Unfortunately, it didn't work out. Pinkgirl wanted to take them back to the UK, but, surprisingly, the noodles were inflexible. They wanted to stay at Stormalong Bay. Can't say I blame them!

************************************************** ************************************************** ***********
IN MARCH 2012, THE NOODLES WENT MISSING!

Are they pool hopping at another Disney resort? (why would they?)
Did they leave along with Matthew, Johnny or Robert after their guest appearances at Captains Grille?
Or did a more nefarious fate befall the family???

We have a few leads and have assembled a crack (crack-pot?) team of imaginary detectives to solve the case of the Great Noodle Caper (mmm... noodles with capers...). We will let you all know what Thomas Magnum, Jessica Fletcher, Barnaby Jones or the team from Scooby Doo discover.
(Check the abandoned Wonders of Life Pavilion- old man Jones was seen skulking about)

Update- due to the generosity of guests, a new set of noodles "resurfaced" and the swap continued for several additional months.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:58 AM   #19
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Lily's Pad:

I know a lot of you are new to the thread- there is a lot of history here and a lot of great friendships made in past versions of this thread, but I want to introduce Teena to anyone who doesn't know her (yet).

Teena is a greeter in the lobby of the Beach Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Hi Gang,

Just an FYI: My new hours (10 hour days) start this Sunday, June 9: 8:00 AM to 6:30 PM. That means I will probably take a 15 minute break around 10:30, then take my 45 minute lunch at 12:45, then a 10 minute break at 4:00 PM. I'll leave the lobby around 6:20 PM.

Look for her on Sundays and Mondays unless she and Bob are on one of their treasured cruises to Castaway Cay or out visiting her two shining lights in Vegas, her daughter Jeanne and her first grandchild, Lily born in July 2011.

Here is a link to some pictures when Teena was presented by Disney execs with an award from President Obama in May 2011 for helping out so much at Jeanne's school:

Presidential Award, May 2011

We were all eagerly awaiting "Peanut's" arrival in the months leading up to July and even had some fun, friendly competition to guess her birthdate and whether she was a Princess or a Pirate.

Lily's arrival was a very special moment for our beloved Teena in a year that has been tough due to some health issues. She bravely shared what she was going through with all of us, once again, in an attempt to help others who may be facing similar challenges.

Teena has faithfully posted on this board and has helped us all gain great knowlege about these resorts, so many of us who hang around here can now also answer the questions that are posted here.

I will occasionally post the photos she provides to me, because, well, Teena may know everything there is to know about the Beach Club but she don't know beans about technology!

Trip Report: Lily Goes Live: A Princess' First Visit to Her Kingdom (And More!)

This report follows Lily's first visit to WDW, plus trips to the Beach Club, Disneyland and MORE!

Princess Lily!!!

Disney (and the Beach Clubs) newest princess has arrived:

Lillian (Lily) Grace
Born 7/11/11, 7:59 am
6 Lbs, 11 oz, 20 inches

Please note that Lillian is a name truly worthy of Disney royalty as this was the name of Walts wife.

It also goes without saying that 7 come 11 is a great date for a baby born in Las Vegas!

Congratulations to Jeanne and Brian and to proud Nanny Teena and Pop Pop Bob!

Lily at 2 weeks old:

Lily at 3 months old:

Lily's First Halloween- Disney-style of Course:

Lily and her parents were first place winners in the Best Group Costume Category.

Teena's grandaughter is an adorable Dalmation!

Lily at Christmastime:

Lily, October 2012

From Teena, June 2013:

Jeanne said Lily FINALLY likes princess stuff. She was not into the princesses at all but Jeanne got so tired of her watching the parades (a friend taped them onto a DVD for her), Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Jake the Pirate, that she started putting Disney movies in the DVD player. She started with Cars and Nemo and after being sick of them being played over and over again, Jeanne put in Beauty and the Beast. OMG ... she loved it after the first hour of crying for Nemo. And when Belle dances around, Lily dances around.

I had purchased a bunch of princess dresses (of course) and one of them (the green one) is there in Vegas and the rest are here since I figured Jeanne would want her to wear them when we visit WDW. She has shown it to Jeanne but Jeanne had no interest in frilly things .... UNTIL NOW. Apparently she pointed to it after the second time of "dancing" to Beauty and the Beast and screamed "mama, mama, put on". So on it went and she danced and danced and danced. So we now have an official Disney Princess!!!!!

[/

Jeanne, Teena and Lily:

BTW- Kudos to Cinderumbrella (July 10) and 333disneymom (July 12) who came closest in the "Is Peanut a Princess or a Pirate" pool-
Honorable Mention goes to BCV23 for having the correct date (July 11), but the wrong gender!

Last edited by natebenma; 07-23-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:02 AM   #20
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Reminder:

I recently started up two View Threads in the Resort Photo Subforum:

Beach Club Room Views

Yacht Club Room Views

The purpose of these thread is to give some samples of rooms in various view categories at the Yacht and Beach Clubs.

If you have pictures of the view from the room you stayed in, I would appreciate if you could add them to this thread.

Thanks!

Dee
Old 07-09-2013, 07:05 AM   #21
natebenma
DIS Veteran

to our new home, friends!

Don't forget to subscribe to this new thread.

If you are linking to this thread in your signature, please change the address to:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3138290

2013 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, NEW THREAD July 2013

Thanks!

Last edited by natebenma; 07-09-2013 at 03:07 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #22
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Firsties! Smoked Nanette AGAIN!!!

!
~NM
Old 07-09-2013, 03:12 PM   #23
outahere

I'm second.

Thanks Dee for setting up our new home!!

Disney Magic - April, 2004 / EB Panama Canal crossing - August, 2005 / Thanksgiving, 2006 / April, 2009 / February, 2011 / March, 2014
Disney Wonder - September, 2002 / April, 2007 / April, 2008 / Thanksgiving, 2009 / April, 2010
Disney Dream - April, 2011 / August, 2012 / February, 2014
Polynesian CL - August, 2004 / April, 2010 / August, 2010 / October, 2013
Yacht Club CL - August, 2011 / April, 2012 / August, 2012 / August, 2013 / April, 2014 / June, 2014
Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf CL - February, 2013
Wilderness Lodge CL - December, 2013 / November, 2014
OKW - February, 2012 / June, 2013
VWL - August, 2006
WDW - offsite, more times than I can count since 1978
S/S Norway - 1984, 1985, 1991
Norwegian Pearl - Alaska - August, 2007
Old 07-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #24
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

I'm in!

Looks great!!
Old 07-09-2013, 03:27 PM   #25
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psindone View Post
The YC is a great place to stay. We have stayed at BC also. We just got back from the YC CL and I have to say I think the CL is better at the BC. We were there in April. Besides it being larger and newer I felt the offerings were better. YC kept running out of food and then bringing out other things that were not as good as what they ran out of. Believe me I don't use the food as a substitute for dinner just a snack to hold me over. I feel that compared to other resorts CL that I have seen on the boards YC and BC should step up a bit. Aside from this I LOVE staying at YC or BC. You will have a great time. We have been staying at this resort of over 20 years and have no intention of changing just because of the CL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by baggirl View Post
This is worrisome to read. we stayed CL at Poly last year and LOVED it. We just booked YC CL and I'm really hoping not to be disappointed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPTraveler View Post
I'm with Baggirl, I am a bit worried also.

I am staying at the Yacht Club for the first time September 16th - 23rd.

I also booked Club Level room (which I have experienced once before at the Poly). I don't necessarily expect the Yacht Club CL to match the Poly experience but am hoping not to walk away disappointed.

Almost all of my trips have had me staying at one of the MK resorts.

I really wanted the opportunity to try a different resort and since I am traveling by myself could pick which ever one I wanted. I thought it would be cool to try one of the Epcot resorts.

One of my goals this trip, is to try to go visit all of the hotels I have never been in before just so I can see them first hand.

I just want to say I love this board, the advice, while sometimes contradictory, 'cuz lets face it, there is a reason the phrases "to each their own" and "there is something for everyone" exist.

Super excited for my trip and even though I do not want summer to end, I really want September to come so I can go on my trip. Another thread jokingly mentioned creating time travel....well if it existed, I would go on my trip right now (who knew that waiting until September would be so hard ) and then come back and do summer.. Rinse and repeat!
Quote:
Originally Posted by outahere View Post
To those concerned about CL at the YC.......

We've stayed CL at the Poly 3 times, 1 time at GF SL CL, and CL at the YC 3 times and we actually prefer the YC. Yes, the lounge is smaller and they may sometimes not have quite as many food offerings at the YC, but I've seen them run out of food items at the Poly that took quite a while to get replaced (if at all) and items that should have been hot, but were not. We've also encountered a couple of CL CMs at the Poly who seemed to have an "attitude", so our vote goes to the YC CMs.

Just my humble opinion, but we're headed back to YC CL next month and are really looking forward to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamkat1820 View Post
I was starting to wonder the same thing about the BC/ YC CL's. I know that all the deluxe resorts are different. But if you look at them on a pricing wise. GF, CR & Poly being more expensive, then BWI, BC/YC and cheaper AKL & WL. You would think that the BC/Yc would kind of be in the middle right, not on the lacking side with offering. At least that what a lot of the reviews say. (I always take them with a grain of salt)

I don't understand why its seems like the offerings at BC & YC are not as plentiful. There is a thread with pictures of all the club levels it just doesn't seem the same. I thought for a while that it was the way the CM's display the food but I'm just not sure. BC/YC looks in the pictures in my opinion to be lacking something that the other CL's have, I'm not sure what but just missing something.

I do have to say that I am very excited to try it out though, I will keep an open mind. This will be our first CL stay so I have nothing to compare it too. Our next trip I may want to try out the Poly. I have no desire to stay at GF not my style at all. I am hoping to fall in love with YC. BC was total love at first sight lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by outahere View Post
I don't think they have as much counter space for food, so they can only put out what they have room for. I know the counter space in the Poly lounge seemed much larger.
Continuing the YC/BC CL discussion here.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:31 PM   #26
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Firsties! Smoked Nanette AGAIN!!!

!
~NM
Damn I tried!!!

anyway I was busy posting on a closed board!!!! So here is what I posted over there...

Well... here it is t-minus 14 hours until departure time and what happens.....

my travel buddy CANNOT come..... Her dad has been very sick and well... the end is near **insert very sad face here**.... so it seems I am solo on this whole trip. I quickly called Disney to cancel her portion of the tours that were booked... and the dessert party is now a table for one... Dining reservations I will play with tonight...This is soo sad Anyway I am all packed and ready to go. I arrive at MCO at 8:36 and will now head directly to ME since I won't have to wait for my friends plane to land and then it's directly to the pool for a sunken treasure! I'll be posting live reports while there, so until then... tata for now!!

~N
Old 07-09-2013, 03:32 PM   #27
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Thank you Dee for the new home!!! I was soooo close to "SMOKING" NM!!! I was busy changing all the plans I have for this upcoming trip (TOMORROW)!! Now I must change dinning reservations!!

~N
Old 07-09-2013, 03:33 PM   #28
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
Damn I tried!!!

anyway I was busy posting on a closed board!!!! So here is what I posted over there...

Well... here it is t-minus 14 hours until departure time and what happens.....

my travel buddy CANNOT come..... Her dad has been very sick and well... the end is near **insert very sad face here**.... so it seems I am solo on this whole trip. I quickly called Disney to cancel her portion of the tours that were booked... and the dessert party is now a table for one... Dining reservations I will play with tonight...This is soo sad Anyway I am all packed and ready to go. I arrive at MCO at 8:36 and will now head directly to ME since I won't have to wait for my friends plane to land and then it's directly to the pool for a sunken treasure! I'll be posting live reports while there, so until then... tata for now!!

~N
So sorry to hear that, Nannette- sending warm thoughts to your friend!

Hope you have a fantastic trip- look forward to seeing you.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:36 PM   #29
ready4mouse
Mouseketeer

Didn't want to miss out on the "party list", so I thought I'd post here...sure, I'd love to be on the BOG list!

We are staying at YC-standard view- 8/18-8/27.

We have always stayed at POR...this is our first time at the YC...very excited! (though the boys claim they'll be "homesick" for POR...I think they'll change their minds when they get there!!!)
Old 07-09-2013, 03:37 PM   #30
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

woo hoo! new Thread! Great Job Dee!! Thanks for the copy & Paste!!!

can't wait for the August Calender!!!!

Me, DH, DD8, DS4

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013, August 2015???
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: