Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2013, 01:36 PM   #1
disneydeb64
Got My Ears, Thank You : )

Do You Sprinkle Any Pixie Dust?

During each trip to DLR, I like to be "Tink's Helper", and add my own dash of magic while at the parks. I've done this in many ways, but one of my favorites is at the pin trading locations. I'll buy a new or highly sought after pin, and donate it to the CM's lanyard. It feels good knowing that the surprise of a special pin may make someone's day a little more magical.

Just wondering what other "Tinks' Helpers" do to spread the magic?
Old 07-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #2
deetman
Mouseketeer

It was years ago (1995, IIRC) but we went when I was a WDW CM, and bought about 30 or so WDW buttons (pin collecting wasn't even a thought yet) and gave them to CM's that we ran across.

It created a lot of nice conversations, and we even watched ELP with a young couple after their shift.

It was fun!

Scott
deetman is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #3
Mjmdiva
Mouseketeer

I give fastpasses to people if we aren't going to make the time. Last trip we had a fastpass for any ride except the Matterhorn. It was late, my kids were done, i was the only adult this trip so we didn't/couldn't do the big rides. We walked past Space mountain as we were heading out. I saw a group of four people walk towards Space, see the long wait, kind of pause, look disappointed and started to walk away. The kids and i went up to them and gave them the fastpass. They were so happy and excited! Made us feel good, we just told them to pass on the happiness to someone , in some way, some other time.
Mjmdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #4
DisneyMarvelStarWars
Mouseketeer

I love pinback buttons and a few years ago I bought a professional grade machine. Well they only sell the button parts in thousands, so I have a lot of supplies. I use Disney scrapbooking paper, cut it to size with the paper punch that came with the machine, and I make a whole bunch of buttons and bring them with me to pass out to random people.

I've also done this at movies and people get so excited!

Walt Disney Family Museum Member
DisneyMarvelStarWars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:40 PM   #5
Susie63
Dreamin' of Disney

We always take some small trinkets to the parks to hand out to kids who are not happy or birthday button people. This year we took about 60 strings of Mardi Gras beads and handed them out when we strolled through NOS.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #6
disneydeb64
Got My Ears, Thank You : )

These are GREAT!
Old 07-09-2013, 04:31 PM   #7
Meriweather
Maybe we will have an arrival or two today
Time to share your chocolate!

DH makes wooden Mickey earrings and gives them to brides......and extra special CMs.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:42 PM   #8
rwhistler92
Mouseketeer

I am loving this-

Giving away glow sticks at night is fun too!
rwhistler92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:24 PM   #9
roannamb
Mouseketeer

We are going in September and my kids and I are planning on giving out pixie dust each day. Most items will be small, but I think we'll do one large one. Here's what I have so far for the pixie dust ideas:

- the glow sticks
- the $0.50 ponchos if we experience a downpour (and chances are pretty good for that) so they don't have to spend a fortune on a Disney one
- $0.51 cents in a ziplock bag to for the penny press machine
- a trading pin (we have tons)

For the big item, we were thinking of (haven't decided yet)
- a Mickey balloon
- a plush Mickey

I can't wait to hear what others have done or have planned for an upcoming trip.
roannamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:35 PM   #10
Freesia123
DIS Veteran

I've made fifty of these hair clips to randomly hand out.
Freesia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:42 PM   #11
LILOLO
I'm a little off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freesia123 View Post

I've made fifty of these hair clips to randomly hand out.
Adorable! I've handed out glow sticks/ glow in the dark bracelets during Fantasmic, and this year will probably do that and maybe bubbles?
Old 07-09-2013, 06:45 PM   #12
Congo Queen
DLand Devotee Since 1966

Wow you guys are really nice. I am truly impressed. In my selfish little mind, Iíve never thought of doing anything more than being a considerate fellow guest who doesnít: 1) stop for a family discussion in the middle of a crowded narrow walkway; 2) nor cuts in line; 3) nor hogs a big lunch table when we are only 4 people; 4) nor takes flash photos in dark rides, etc... Iíll have to think now if we can do something more proactively positive rather than just not being rude!
Congo Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:08 PM   #13
theokris
Mouseketeer

On our last day we were kinda burnt out after 4 days in the parks, we had fast passes to radiator springs racers , tower of terror and California screamin, so upon exit we waited in front of DCA and waited for a family 4 to get in line to enter and gave them our fastpasses and headed home,
(disclaimer** we may have used that radiator spring pass if it weren't 2 hours away* )
theokris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:22 PM   #14
CluelessDisFan
DIS Veteran

I always pass along FPs that we can't use. I think that's a big help, and always surprises people. I wish more people would think to do it, otherwise they're just wasted. I wish Disney would put up a sign on FP machines saying pass along the magic if you have no use for it, or something like that. lol

One of my favorite parts of my last trip was, when a teen age girl asked my 3YO dressed up as Rapunzel for her autograph, it was really adorable, she thought she was a real princess in that moment.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:26 PM   #15
kwag
Earning My Ears

This is so awesome, we leave in 16 days and am going to have to come up with something to do. Maybe something for my DS5 to hand out to other kids as he is always thinking of others, and loves making new friends. Keep these coming as I need ideas, and Kudos to everyone already doing this!

Kwag
kwag is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: