Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #61
amberpi
DIS Veteran
 
amberpi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 655

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer dave View Post
On another note-- I could see this drawing some people away from the Ice cream shop-- If my choice in the afternoon is between some ice cream or a solo venti carmel frappuccino, I think I would go with the caffeine splendor rather than the sugar only delight. They should make caffeinated ice cream.
Your last sentence - a thousand times yes! Why doesn't this exist?
amberpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:28 PM   #62
godolphin123
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Vero Beach, florida
Posts: 63

a few tasty choices just for kicks

Ben & Jerry's No Fat Coffee Fudge Frozen Yogurt
1 cup
85
Starbucks Coffee Ice Cream, assorted varieties
1 cup
40-60
Haagen-Dazs Coffee Ice Cream
1 cup
58
Haagen-Dazs Fat Free Coffee Frozen Yogurt
1 cup
40
Haagen-Dazs Low Fat Coffee Fudge Ice Cream
1 cup
30
the numbers refer to milligrams of caffeine. and then anything with espresso bean
godolphin123 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-08-2013, 05:02 PM   #63
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: sw FL
Posts: 898

Quote:
Originally Posted by godolphin123 View Post
Ben & Jerry's No Fat Coffee Fudge Frozen Yogurt
1 cup
85
Starbucks Coffee Ice Cream, assorted varieties
1 cup
40-60
Haagen-Dazs Coffee Ice Cream
1 cup
58
Haagen-Dazs Fat Free Coffee Frozen Yogurt
1 cup
40
Haagen-Dazs Low Fat Coffee Fudge Ice Cream
1 cup
30
the numbers refer to milligrams of caffeine. and then anything with espresso bean
Awesome--- Now I need to look up how many mg in a shot of espresso---
beer dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #64
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: sw FL
Posts: 898

seems to be about 80-- thats 160 mg every morning in my double latte.
nice.
beer dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:03 PM   #65
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran
 
CuteAsMinnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,701

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvk View Post
I'm going to guess that the reason the Starbucks is on Main Street is because -

1. People want their coffee in the morning, on their way in to the park. Why put it at the back of the park to inconvenience the guests?
2. Main Street is supposedly a shopping district, this is where the coffee shop or bakery or whatever you want to call it belongs.
3. Probably a somewhat lesser consideration was, locating it on Main Street will draw the people who want a Starbucks drink in the afternoon/evening back to Main Street, where they may feel compelled to shop more. I'm sure it was a consideration, but like I said, lesser so than the first 2 reasons.
.
4. Starbucks would not agree to it anywhere else in MK.
__________________
CBR - 1989 (first trip)
CBR - 1995
Wilderness Lodge - 1998, 2001, 2005, 2007
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

CuteAsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:43 PM   #66
paradesintherain
Earning My Ears
 
paradesintherain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Missouri
Posts: 58

Hmm, I have no clue what Walt would say-- I never met him!
paradesintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:29 AM   #67
godolphin123
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Vero Beach, florida
Posts: 63

and....

it looks like ben and jerry's coffee heath bar crunch has about 80 mg in a serving so that could just take the place of that morning shot of espresso lol
godolphin123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #68
PTSMickey
Earning My Ears
 
PTSMickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Warwick, RI
Posts: 40

Starbucks

First of all, I do not like that Starbucks is in either MK or Epcot, for that matter. However, in the discussion between Casey's Corner, Plaza Ice Cream and Starbucks---I realize that Casey's and Plaza are SPONSORED by outside corporate vendors, but it is not "in your face" sponsorship meaning that the signs are still advertising Casey's and/or Plaza while the sign for the bake shop is in big letters advertising Starbucks. Sponsorship is one thing, advertising is another. We were there for the soft opening and it looks nice and all, but still probably will eat breakfast at resort and avoid Starbucks altogether. My opinion is that their coffee is rot gut anyway!!!
__________________
Cilla
PTSMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:31 AM   #69
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran
 
Yellowstonetim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Camp Hill, PA
Posts: 1,128

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTSMickey View Post
First of all, I do not like that Starbucks is in either MK or Epcot, for that matter. However, in the discussion between Casey's Corner, Plaza Ice Cream and Starbucks---I realize that Casey's and Plaza are SPONSORED by outside corporate vendors, but it is not "in your face" sponsorship meaning that the signs are still advertising Casey's and/or Plaza while the sign for the bake shop is in big letters advertising Starbucks. Sponsorship is one thing, advertising is another. We were there for the soft opening and it looks nice and all, but still probably will eat breakfast at resort and avoid Starbucks altogether. My opinion is that their coffee is rot gut anyway!!!
But in one sense, Starbucks is both a brand and a product. The name is advertised because it will cause my daughter to head for the sign each and every day in the park. She loves and will want Starbucks coffee. So will many others, so it makes sense to tell people you can buy Starbucks here.
__________________
I lift up my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1-2

"Remember, no matter where you go... there you are!" Buckaroo Banzai

1980 - Disneyland for 1 day while in the US Navy
1981-1983 Several 1 day visits while living in Orlando
1984- 1996 Several one and two day visits while visiting family
2000 January - 4 Nights, 5 Days - All Star Movies
2012 January - 5 Nights, 6 Days - Caribbean Beach
2013 September - 9 Nights, 10 days - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room.
2014 November - ?
Yellowstonetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #70
godolphin123
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Vero Beach, florida
Posts: 63

lol

"rot gut" that cracked me up...alot of my coffee loving friends(and me too on occasion) just refer to it as charbucks.
godolphin123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:10 PM   #71
Castle2Castle
Disney Runner
 
Castle2Castle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 357

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTSMickey View Post
However, in the discussion between Casey's Corner, Plaza Ice Cream and Starbucks---I realize that Casey's and Plaza are SPONSORED by outside corporate vendors, but it is not "in your face" sponsorship meaning that the signs are still advertising Casey's and/or Plaza while the sign for the bake shop is in big letters advertising Starbucks.
At least from the pictures online, it doesn't seem that Main Street Bakery is throwing Starbucks any more "in your face" than the other two. Casey's and Plaza seems to be more prominent actually with the advertisers presented right alongside the main signs rather than below it on the windows or a separate, smaller sign.



Castle2Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:17 PM   #72
MEG&MINNIE
DIS Veteran
 
MEG&MINNIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: MASSACHUSETTS
Posts: 1,204

Sad ,Sad, Sad to see a Starbucks in The Main st. Bakery.

A Bakery is a Bakery ...NOT a coffee shop. I will definitely miss going in to have a piece of WDW Chocolate cake, Carrot cake or any dessert for that matter. It was a treat ...as I don't usually treat myself to big slices of cake and goodies usually...it was my treat at WDW...now it's gone.

Starbucks is known for it's coffee...NOT it's bakery items . Their baked goods consists of bland looking pound cake and cinnamon sliced cake. NOT what I'm looking for at all in a bakery

I think Walt Disney himself would be SAD !
__________________
RYAN,SEAN & MEG'S MOM
1977- Offsite-"Spring Break" , 1994-Caribbean Beach Resort , 1998-All-Stars Resort , 2000-Dixie Landing (POR) , 2002-Wilderness Lodge , 2005-August POP Century , 2007-August POP Century , 2010- POP Aug.17-24 ,2010....50th Birthday , POR-July 2012 , POP-April 19-26 , 2014
Be kinder than necessary-everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it!
MEG&MINNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:49 PM   #73
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran
 
Yellowstonetim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Camp Hill, PA
Posts: 1,128

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEG&MINNIE View Post
Sad ,Sad, Sad to see a Starbucks in The Main st. Bakery.

A Bakery is a Bakery ...NOT a coffee shop. I will definitely miss going in to have a piece of WDW Chocolate cake, Carrot cake or any dessert for that matter. It was a treat ...as I don't usually treat myself to big slices of cake and goodies usually...it was my treat at WDW...now it's gone.

Starbucks is known for it's coffee...NOT it's bakery items . Their baked goods consists of bland looking pound cake and cinnamon sliced cake. NOT what I'm looking for at all in a bakery

I think Walt Disney himself would be SAD !
I don't think this is going to be a normal Star Bucks. It is going to be the bakery and it will serve Star Bucks. I think the bakery will carry some of the same items it did before. Maybe someone can confirm... Will the bakery still carry many of its old bake goods?

Like your tag line, btw.
__________________
I lift up my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1-2

"Remember, no matter where you go... there you are!" Buckaroo Banzai

1980 - Disneyland for 1 day while in the US Navy
1981-1983 Several 1 day visits while living in Orlando
1984- 1996 Several one and two day visits while visiting family
2000 January - 4 Nights, 5 Days - All Star Movies
2012 January - 5 Nights, 6 Days - Caribbean Beach
2013 September - 9 Nights, 10 days - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room.
2014 November - ?
Yellowstonetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:54 PM   #74
MEG&MINNIE
DIS Veteran
 
MEG&MINNIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: MASSACHUSETTS
Posts: 1,204

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowstonetim View Post
I don't think this is going to be a normal Star Bucks. It is going to be the bakery and it will serve Star Bucks. I think the bakery will carry some of the same items it did before. Maybe someone can confirm... Will the bakery still carry many of its old bake goods?

Like your tag line, btw.
From the photos released it lookes like Starbucks bakery products ...with a few WDW cupcakes on the bottom self...

Sad...if they wanted a Starbucks @ WDW ...they should have opened up "a little kiosk" type thing and just serve their coffee products. They should have left the Bakery and the Baked Goods alone.

BTW...Glad you like my tag line <3
__________________
RYAN,SEAN & MEG'S MOM
1977- Offsite-"Spring Break" , 1994-Caribbean Beach Resort , 1998-All-Stars Resort , 2000-Dixie Landing (POR) , 2002-Wilderness Lodge , 2005-August POP Century , 2007-August POP Century , 2010- POP Aug.17-24 ,2010....50th Birthday , POR-July 2012 , POP-April 19-26 , 2014
Be kinder than necessary-everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it!
MEG&MINNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:56 AM   #75
amberpi
DIS Veteran
 
amberpi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 655

It definitely carried far more than just Starbucks pastries when I was there mid June. They had a large number of the on property treats.
amberpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: