Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2013, 05:55 PM   #16
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple figment View Post
Now, I'm confused. For FD you have to pay rack rate for the room. If there is another special for 25% off the room rate, you'll have to choose between the 2 offers because you can't stack discounts. Or are you saying you're paying 75% of the rack rate and the other family is paying 25% to cover the cost of the room?

The cost of 2 day MYW tickets is $184 per Adult and $172 per child and as you said they can be used on a future trip or towards an AP renewal. Would your OOP dining expenses be less than this amount? If not, it would be worth it for all of you to do FD since you'll be paying rack rate for the room whether your family has FD or not.

Get 2 day MYW tickets for everyone and the other family can upgrade their tickets to whatever number of days they need after they've used them once to enter a park.
Sorry to be confusing. It does get complicated. However, I simply ran the numbers to see what I would pay for the cabin if I used the 25% discount. Then I figured out what the value of the tickets will be when we put them toward our AP upgrade, then I figured out how much we would spend on food if we did not have dining plan. I added that all up and deducted it from the reservation total and the other family will pay the different between the reservation total and what I am willing to kick in. It is a very small amount for them that includes lodging, tickets & food. Bottom line is it is the only way they can afford to go and we like vacationing with them so we do not mind pitching in more than our share.

However, you are correct in that we have decided that it is better for the other family for us all to get free dining and tickets with this reservation. Under normal circumstances free dining is not a good deal for us because we do not eat much. We often split meals or just do appetizers for dinner and absolutely never eat dessert.
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:02 PM   #17
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsenquiz View Post
I wish we could get into AoA but unfortunately there is no free dining available for our dates. I do not like staying at ASMu so would not consider the family suite.
Try again and add a day to your stay. According to your Pre-TR, you're staying at FW Cabins from 9/22-9/28. If you extend your stay to 9/29, then there is availability right now in the Cars and Lion King Suites at AoA. Book it with those dates. Then call back later and drop the last day (9/29) from your package.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2013, 09:28 AM   #18
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionnette View Post
Try again and add a day to your stay. According to your Pre-TR, you're staying at FW Cabins from 9/22-9/28. If you extend your stay to 9/29, then there is availability right now in the Cars and Lion King Suites at AoA. Book it with those dates. Then call back later and drop the last day (9/29) from your package.
Wow thanks so much for checking on this for me. I will make the change!
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: