Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #1
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran
 
lsenquiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Canton, Ga
Posts: 2,701

Split party some with dining plan some without

There are 10 of us going in September. 6 of us will have the dining plan and 4 of us will not. When we separate (which we usually do for dinner) it is usually 7 (4 adults and 3 children) of us going one way and 3 (2 adults and 1 child) going another. So there will be many times when we head to our TS meal with the 6 people on the dining plan (4 adults & 2 children) and one child not on the dining plan. The child not on the dining plan barely eats (she is 5 years old) so I am wondering if she will be allowed to eat from our plates or if they will insist that she get her own childs meal? None of our TS meals are buffets or family style meals.

Last edited by lsenquiz; 07-09-2013 at 09:19 AM.
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:33 PM   #2
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012
 
kaytieeldr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!
Posts: 36,583

Dining plan credits - and so, the food ordered using the credits - can't be shared with persons not on the dining plan.

Children's meals aren't expensive, and there's not too much food served. The best option would be to buy her her own food.
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-08-2013, 05:46 PM   #3
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran
 
lsenquiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Canton, Ga
Posts: 2,701

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytieeldr View Post
Dining plan credits - and so, the food ordered using the credits - can't be shared with persons not on the dining plan.

Children's meals aren't expensive, and there's not too much food served. The best option would be to buy her her own food.
Thats what I was thinking. Thanks.
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:17 PM   #4
5DisneyNuts
Head might be in NY, but my heart is in WDW
 
5DisneyNuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 744

Actually that's not correct. You can share at anything other than a buffet or an 'all you care to eat' or family style meal (and it has been reported at a couple of the World Showcase places though I have not experienced that).

At the buffets and all you care to eat meals all members on the dining plan will be charged an adult or child credit. You can not use one of your child's credits for the other child not on the dining plan. You can only use as many credits as people on the room key card and would have to pay oop for the child.

The portions at the other sit down meals are usually more than enough to share and we frequently do.
__________________
Me, DH, & My Three Boys
5DisneyNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #5
robinb
DIS Veteran
 
robinb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 31,759

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsenquiz View Post
There are 10 of us going in September. 6 of us will have the dining plan and 4 of us will not. When we separate (which we usually do for dinner) it is usually 7 (4 adults and 3 children) of us going one way and 3 (2 adults and 1 child) going another. So there will be many times when we head to our TS meal with the 6 people on the dining plan (4 adults & 2 children) and one child not on the dining plan. The child not on the dining plan barely eats (she is 5 years old) so I am wondering if she will be allowed to eat from our plates or if they will insist that she get her own childs meal? None of our TS meals are buffets.
Is the 5-year old's family getting a package? Maybe you can add her to your room and DDP. The cost is really negligible for a child and she would also have a refillable mug and CS meal per day.
__________________
DVC Member since 1997
Walt Disney World 2013 * Disneyland Paris 2012 * Disneyland 2011 * Hong Kong Disneyland 2007 * Tokyo Disneyland 2007
robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:48 PM   #6
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran
 
aaarcher86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 8,044

Misread
__________________
aaarcher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #7
5DisneyNuts
Head might be in NY, but my heart is in WDW
 
5DisneyNuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 744

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
Is the 5-year old's family getting a package? Maybe you can add her to your room and DDP. The cost is really negligible for a child and she would also have a refillable mug and CS meal per day.
If they add the child to their reservation (depending on the package type), tickets may have to be included and it would put their room occupancy at 7. Depending on the room type and the ages of the other children, it many work out to be too many in one room.

I would just share the meals or pay OOP when desired. Either way you'll be fine.
__________________
Me, DH, & My Three Boys
5DisneyNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:16 AM   #8
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran
 
lsenquiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Canton, Ga
Posts: 2,701

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5DisneyNuts View Post
If they add the child to their reservation (depending on the package type), tickets may have to be included and it would put their room occupancy at 7. Depending on the room type and the ages of the other children, it many work out to be too many in one room.

I would just share the meals or pay OOP when desired. Either way you'll be fine.
This is exactly right. We can only have 6 people in a cabin so the extra child (Savannah) is sleeping in a room with her grandparents to keep us from going over capacity (her parents and 1 brother are sleeping in the cabin with my DH, DS8 and myself and her other brother also sleeps in a room with the grandparents but he also prefers to hang with them at dinner so he is not an issue). However, Savannah will be with us the whole time that we are at the parks including dinner. The grandparents are staying on a room only reservation instead of free dining.

Last edited by lsenquiz; 07-09-2013 at 09:25 AM.
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.