Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #31
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Note on my writing style on TR

Sorry to be so format-challenged!

I have to type the TR on word. Then, copy and paste into this window.

Unfortunately, I have had troubles with just typing a long TR on the disboards.

Don't know why!

So, I resorted to typing it on Word and transferring the information.

However, the nice Word format does not paste correctly.

My apologies!
abayaflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:08 PM   #32
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abayaflowers View Post
http://medcruise2013.tumblr.com

I will post some more as I finish uploading them.
Just went through your pics. Malta looks amazing!!

BTW--- would you recommend the apartment that you stayed in? It looks really cute. We had noise issues with the apartment that we stayed in this time and I'm looking for alternatives for next year. We're thinking of doing the WBTA.

Did the washer/dryer work well? (Ours did not, so I got on the cruise with 4 loads of dirty laundry )
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2013, 11:54 PM   #33
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post
Just went through your pics. Malta looks amazing!!
Thanks! Trying to upload videos. Whew! There has to be an easier way. I have more pics to upload as well.

Valetta, Malta and visiting the Mdina Craft Village was one of my favorite DIY excursions. We took the HOHO bus (red). The routes were shorter and much more available. We were on the bus by 8:30 a.m. and wrapped up by 12:30 p.m. Long for our DD10. It happened to be too windy and cold in the morning. So, we went back to the ship. Then, DH, DD13 and I headed off to the Center to Cafe Cordina to purchase the Maltese Honey .

I am trying to upload the taxi ride from the apt. to the Port. Hopefully get that done by tomorrow.
Quote:
BTW--- would you recommend the apartment that you stayed in? It looks really cute. We had noise issues with the apartment that we stayed in this time and I'm looking for alternatives for next year. We're thinking of doing the WBTA.
My husband loved the apt. DDs and I were okay with it.

Here's my review on TripAdvisor:http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...view_165736633

It was quiet and affordable. We paid 314 Euros for a 3 bdrm, 2 bath apt. It was 1000 sq.feet. The balcony made it bigger. It's safe for little ones. There's no where to climb and fall down to the 1st floor. We were on the 3rd floor.

By the way, I found the apt. through TripAdvisor and booked it via email. Only paid a deposit of 54 Euros to hold it. I booked it 9 months ago.

The washer no dryer was the big issue. Didn't realize that the cycle was SO long! It took over 9 hours to do a little load. That's why we had so much laundry when we arrived. Same issue that you experienced.

I think that all Barcelona apts. have thin walls. Only the hotels have thick ones.

Overall, our family would stay in the apt. again.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:58 PM   #34
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Didn't realize that the cycle was SO long! It took over 9 hours to do a little load.
OMG...this. Exactly. 9 hours to do a load. I thought it was just our machine!! Our machine was a 2-in-1 washer and dryer which washed and dried in the same machine. The dry cycle would start with the clothes dripping wet, but it was super hot and would burn all of our clothes. It shrunk alot of my kids' clothes, and ruined my mom's Columbia rain jacket. We ended up only using it for underwear, etc and carted 4 loads of laundry on to the ship.

Ok...now I know it's the machines in general and not just the apartment.

Quote:

Here's my review on TripAdvisor:http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...view_165736633

It was quiet and affordable. We paid 314 Euros for a 3 bdrm, 2 bath apt. It was 1000 sq.feet. The balcony made it bigger. It's safe for little ones. There's no where to climb and fall down to the 1st floor. We were on the 3rd floor.

By the way, I found the apt. through TripAdvisor and booked it via email. Only paid a deposit of 54 Euros to hold it. I booked it 9 months ago.
Thanks for the details! It was only 314 Euro for 2 nights? That's great for a 3 bedroom! What was the closest metro stop to the apartment? TIA!

Last edited by lilpooh108; 07-07-2013 at 12:10 AM.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:14 AM   #35
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OMG...this. Exactly. 9 hours to do a load. I thought it was just our machine!! Our machine was a 2-in-1 washer and dryer which washed and dried in the same machine. The dry cycle would start with the clothes dripping wet, but it was super hot and would burn all of our clothes. It shrunk alot of my kids' clothes, and ruined my mom's Columbia rain jacket. We ended up only using it for underwear, etc and carted 4 loads of laundry on to the ship.

Ok...now I know it's the machines in general and not just the apartment.
Yes! Exactly!!! I am so glad that we were not the only ones experiencing the same thing. Unfortunately, we did not have a dryer. We had to hang it out to dry in a humid day... dried our 20 pieces of clothing by 75%.

Quote:
Thanks for the details! It was only 314 Euro for 2 nights? That's great for a 3 bedroom! What was the closest metro stop to the apartment? TIA!
Yes, 314 Euros for two nights. The Fira Palace Barcelona near the Font Montjuic where we stayed 3 years ago asked for 385 Euros a night especially with 4 people. That's too expensive for our pockets and budget. So, I took a chance to book an apt. rental via TripAdvisor/FlipKey.

It was great deal.

Never saw the neighbors except on the day that we were leaving for the port. Little old ladies.

The nearest Metro stop was Tarragona. Literally is was on block away. We love public transportation. It's nice to have someone else do the driving. I live in California so public tranportation is not so readily available like in Europe.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:26 AM   #36
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Monday, June 17t, 2013 - La Spezia - Manarola & Riomaggiore

Manarola
Once we stopped off at this train station, we were done with the heat and humidity. But, we trekked on.

We headed towards the exit and through the tunnel. Once through the tunnel, turned left and up the stairs. Either staircase would take you to Manarola. By this time, DH and DD13’s legs were burning from all the stairs and steps taken in the previous 3 towns.

DD10 and I were good to go.

At the top of the landing, you will view the quaint little town of Manarola. Not a lot of activity. More a small town with less restaurants of Monterrosso and Vernazza. So, we walked about 5 mins. to end and found a spot to sit, drink water, and eat more of the tasty bread that we bought in Vernazza and off we went back up the hill to find something to purchase.

Again, it’s really small.

So, we took pics and off we went again back through the tunnel to wait for our next train.

By this time, everyone at the train station appeared overheated.

Felt the wind come before the train and we were off to our last stop Riomaggiore.

Riomaggiore
Our last stop was the most unusual. When we stepped off the train, we were facing a little shop, tourism office, and a little restaurant (around 3 p.m). I wanted something to eat and sit down. They closed their doors. So, we walked to the right and through another tunnel. This is long tunnel. Once we were through, we saw the other little town. I had to sit down. I wanted to eat some carpaccio with argula and found it.

As we sat down, I realized that we only 20 mins. left to eat and get back to the train. Well, I opted to get the food to go. Please remember, it is really less expensive for “Take-Away” than it is to sit down.

I also made the DDs use the bathroom. Just taking my chance for a nice facility.

I struck GOLD. It was the nicest bathroom since seeing one in our apt.
Marble, soap, actual toilet seat, toilet seat covers, soft toilet paper, and paper towels.

DD10 who has been holding it since 7 a.m. used it ☺

Yeah!

Anyways, as I at my carpaccio and argula on our way back to the tunnel.
DDs and DH wanted to take the trail for the heck of it.

Our luck, it was closed.

So, the train was apparently 10 mins. late and DH decided to get some beer and an espresso at the cliff restaurant near lover’s trail.

By this time, everyone was pooped and tired.

We met up with our wonderful FL family, and we were headed back to La Spezia.

We told them that we had to stop off at the Pharmacy, because I needed cortizone for my terrible eczema. FL DW also contracted eczema on her leg.
So, going back to the ship was another Amazing Races. Since we returned by 5 p.m. Don’t remember the exact time, we still needed to purchase formal/semi-formal pants for DH.

We walked into a shop and an old man said, “Sure”. Well, little did we know that he wanted to hand-make a pair of trousers/pants for DH. Hilarious! I felt so bad for DH and the shopowner.

So off we went to find DH trouser, 5 mins. later we found a shop that had black jeans. This was as close as we were going to get to find him formal/semi-formal pants.

While waiting for DH, DD13 found a light material skirt for 10 euros. Can’t beat that deal. I also was looking for more shorts for DD10.

What a deal! Pants and skirts for 20 Euros.

Off we went to find DD10 shorts. Well, we walked into Bennetton and purchased shorts. Whew! It was so inexpensive, because Bennetton’s factory is in Italy. Scored!

By this time, DH and DD13 were deciding to go find a shop to purchase wine, get an espresso, bread, gelato, and a gift.

DD10 and I were done. We parted ways and walked another 10 mins. back to the ship. The shops were starting to wrap up. Restaurants were preparing. And, us – the Amazing Racing Team from California – haha! – decided to head back to the tender boats.

It felt like forever, because our tired feet were hurting so bad. By the time we sat down in the tender boat, DD10 started falling asleep. Everyone’s children were falling asleep.

By the way, I saw so many women in Cinque Terre who were wearing heals while walking the trails and stairs. Really!

We all opted for comfortable shoes. On a side note, during our 2010 MedCruise, I tore my achilles tendon hiking up a hill (rather mountain of steps) in La Spezia. So, comfort and support was very critical for me.

Heading back to the ship by now… Loved seeing the cruise ship … Getting off the tender boat was slow… don’t know… passengers were getting anxious in getting of the boat.

Whew!

We did it. DD10 was so concerned that DH and DD13 were not going to get back on the ship. I told her to remember that daddy’s on an “Amazing Race”.
She laughed. So, off we went to relax before moving on to other activities.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:31 PM   #37
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Servers and Crew Members Who Made our Cruise Memorable

I want to publicly thank the following people for making our cruise memorable:
  • Sana from Thailand, Our Server - He was the most patient and kind server. Every dinner time, we had so many "issues". He was there trying to understand DD10's severe food allergies. He was so nervous in making sure that her food was to perfection. Then, he was worried about my severe food allergies. However, I told him not to worry. DH and our dinner family's DH were ordering so many desserts There was the pirate night when we need to finish by 9:30 p.m. Party started at 9:45 p.m. and we didn't want to miss any of the celebrations. There were a couple of nights when I didn't show up for dinner, because I was so sea sick.

We want to thank him!
  • Ana, Our Head Server - She was always there to take care of the food allergy menus for my DD10 and I.

By the way we bought a little gift at every stop to make sure that they knew they were appreciated.
  • Tiago, Our Assistant Server - the funniest guy. Also a ladies man
  • Victor, the SR host for the other SRs on our hallway. I asked him for the craziest things i.e. Do you have a pair of scissors?, can I have extra towels. Such the nicest guy!
  • Klinel, our SR host - so patient with us. We rarely needed any cleaning just once a day. However, when we did, he was magical... cleaned our SR with a blink of an eye. He was from Jamaica. Always smiling.
  • Mirko, our Palo's Server - When he approached our table, I almost fell over off my seat. I can mention this, because my husband doesn't read the disboards. He was the most gorgeous man, besides my husband, on our trip. He was so attentive and patient. He works 9 mos. out of the year to make money for his family in Croatia. I felt so lucky to have two handsome men in my presence at dinner.
  • Stephane, Palo's chef made SUCH DELICIOUS foods. Wow! I finally made room for the Chocolate Souffle dessert.

A toast from the California family to these people

MedCruise June 15-27, 2013 VilleFranche-Sur-Mer, La Spezia, Civitavecchia, Piraeus, Kusadasi, Mykonos, Valetta

MedCruise Aug. 7, 2010 Valetta, Tunis, Naples, Civitavecchia, La Spezia, VilleFranche-Sur-Mer

Mexican Riviera 2008
Old 07-07-2013, 06:01 PM   #38
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
[*]Mirko, our Palo's Server - When he approached our table, I almost fell over off my seat. I can mention this, because my husband doesn't read the disboards.
I liked the rest of your "toast" to the crew, but this one made me
Old 07-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #39
Silly Little Pixie
My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
You work yourself up more than it really is, and when it's over you think, huh

I'm enjoying your TR! I hope to do a Med cruise someday but the airfare from LAX is !
DCL Wonder 11/08, B2B 11/10, 3/11, Christmas 2011, 6/13
Magic 11/09, 3/10 Fantasy NYE 12/13
Dream B2B Triple Dip! 3/12

Silly Little Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #40
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Little Pixie View Post
I'm enjoying your TR! I hope to do a Med cruise someday but the airfare from LAX is !
Thanks! I just remember all the emotions and things going through my mind as I revisit our trip.

As for the airfare, it's so ridiculous on how much taxes are added on the airfare. I look back on our fares 4 people for almost $7000.00 roundtrip. $3500.00 was just taxes. It bugs me when I hear the aircontroller and baggage strikes. Really!

Anyways, I do hope that you would be able to do the MedCruise. It's just wonderful.

MedCruise June 15-27, 2013 VilleFranche-Sur-Mer, La Spezia, Civitavecchia, Piraeus, Kusadasi, Mykonos, Valetta

MedCruise Aug. 7, 2010 Valetta, Tunis, Naples, Civitavecchia, La Spezia, VilleFranche-Sur-Mer

Mexican Riviera 2008
Old 07-08-2013, 04:31 PM   #41
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Tuesday, June 18th, 2013 - Civitavecchia - Roma

Another early day! Same routine... room service, coffee, walk up to Deck 9 to take pics of the ship docking, getting ready to leave the ship.

Here's were our most challenging excursion began.

We have been to Rome and the Vatican before and had a wonderful time. Since DH was not able to visit the Vatican on 2010, I promised the same visit.

We went to deck 1 to leave the ship. We got onto the shuttle to get to the front of the Cruise Terminal. We met up with a wonderful family from Arizona. Both our DDs knew one another from the Chocolate Factory tour which I set up on June 14th.

After we walked out of the shuttle, we walked across the street towards McDonald's. Then, we turned right towards the Train Station. Remember the Train Station is across the street from the water. There's also ATMs nearby and street vendors. We ignored everyone who tried to sell us something at 7:30 a.m.

Too early to buy anything! So, you walk into the train station and turn right into the Tabaco shop. This is where you can purchase the BIRG ticket. You can use it for Metro, Train, and Bus.

Remember to validate your train ticket before getting on board.

We were on the "early" train to Rome, but apparently there was a delay. So, we didn't end up leaving until close to 8:30 a.m. There were many Italian police, and we could tell that there were many "pick pocketers" hanging around. It is so obvious. However, we were on guard.

I was showing the Arizona family on how to use the train system, check the schedule and where to stand to get a good seat in the train.

We had a great seat and was amazed that the train progressively got so full the closer we got to the S. Pietro station. We were scheduled to meet our tourguide, Emanuella from Limo In Rome. She was our guide in 2010. We loved her.

When we got off at S. Pietro station, it was so crowded. We took our time getting to the Vatican City, because we knew that our ticket time was not until 10 a.m. We arrive around 9:15 a.m. There was a big line to get into St. Peter's Basilica, but we were scheduled to meet at the Museum.

Little did we know that the Vatican was setting up for Wednesday mass. So the entire center was covered with guardrails, seats, cleaners cleaning the fountains, scaffoldings everywhere.

After taking 10 mins to take pics of the center and surroundings, we walked North East towards the wall. We purchased a macchiato, took a pic of the Swiss guard, and ate some gelato. It was getting hot already.

Then, we encountered a physical human roadblock. The line on the right is to skip a line. In order to get around, I started walking on the street, got whistled at by the Italian police, and walked back up on the sidewalk where there was the right line to skip a line.

It took about 15 mins. to walk to the Museum, and there were SO MANY TOUR buses. I overheard that the Vatican Tours had become so much more popular because of the new Pope, Pope Francis.

Well, we were there by 9:50 a.m. and looked for Emy. It was starting to get hot and humid. By 10 a.m., we saw a man who held up a sign with our family name. Who was this man? Well, he was our guide.

Not expecting this, but was not also expecting someone who was going to rush us through the Vatican so quickly that I rarely took any pics. I won't bore you with details, but we literally ran the entire time until we got into the Sistine Chapel. DD10 was pushed, squished, and overheated. I told our guide 30 mins. into the tour that we can go slower and not in a hurry to get to the Pantheon, because we want to enjoy the Vatican.

This part irritated me, he did not listen and proceeded to literally PUSH through the crowds. He even offered to carry DD10. ABSOLUTELY NOT! By this time, DD10 and I were completely done with him. We were not even in the Sistine Chapel.

She was turning a shade of pink and miserable. My baby!

So, when we were in the Sistine Chapel, the experience of enjoying the Vatican was gone.

I just wanted her to go back to the ship. I kept telling our guide, but kept ignoring our wishes. He even offered for us to stay at the Basilica while he took DH and DD13 on the rest of the tour.

REALLY!

I told him no and we were going to hit the "restrooms" before we headed to the train. DH and the tourguide were worried that I would encounter some problems going back to the train station.

At this point, I didn't care. I wanted my DD10 to be happy and not miserable. Me, too!

Before leaving the Vatican City, I switched my daughter's sandals to socks and tennis shoes. We walked through a tunnel and many people were watching us... I felt so awkward. The street vendors were scoping us out on our vulnerability. But, as an Angry Mom who was more concerned about Her Child who was miserable, they could tell not to mess with me.

DH, DD13 and the tourguide continued onto the Pantheon. He was scheduled to be with "us" until 3 p.m.

I thought that I knew where the Train Station was, but I got lost. I finally asked a lady and walked through a grocery store and walked across the street towards a park.

We were good until we spotted a homeless man coming out of the WC and started to follow us.

Thank goodness that my survival instincts from growing up in a rough neighborhood in East LA and Eastside SJ kicked in. No one was going to mess with my DD10 and I.

We finally made it back to the Train Station and waiting for the Train to Civitavecchia. It was delayed and by this time, the heat and humidity was tremendous. About 103 degrees. Almost ran out of water and DD10 was miserable. I kept apologizing.

I felt that I ruined my family's experience of Roma.

When the train finally arrived, we found the last seat and DD10 sat in my lap.

After a couple of stops, we switched over to two available seats. Wonderful view!

DD10 was so happy to count the stops back to the CruiseShip.

We finally arrived at Civitavecchia after 3 p.m. We exited the train and walked into the shop to get something cold and fuzzy to drink.

So many cranky people.

The thing that stuck out in my mind was the Italian men and women who were going into work were wearing jackets. Really!

It made me sweat even more by just looking at them.

So, we took a leisurely stroll back to the CruiseShip terminal, got onto the shuttle bus, and gladly entered the ship. We took a shower and rested our weary feet, legs, and bodies until DH and DD13 returned. They returned by 6 p.m. also very tired.

Glad to have this excursion all done!

Sea Day tomorrow!

Mexican Riviera 2008
Old 07-08-2013, 06:33 PM   #42
o&smom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Another early day! Same routine... room service, coffee, walk up to Deck 9 to take pics of the ship docking, getting ready to leave the ship.

Here's were our most challenging excursion began.

We have been to Rome and the Vatican before and had a wonderful time. Since DH was not able to visit the Vatican on 2010, I promised the same visit.

We went to deck 1 to leave the ship. We got onto the shuttle to get to the front of the Cruise Terminal. We met up with a wonderful family from Arizona. Both our DDs knew one another from the Chocolate Factory tour which I set up on June 14th.

After we walked out of the shuttle, we walked across the street towards
McDonald's. Then, we turned right towards the Train Station. Remember the Train Station is across the street from the water. There's also ATMs nearby and street vendors. We ignored everyone who tried to sell us something at 7:30 a.m.

Too early to buy anything! So, you walk into the train station and turn right into the Tabaco shop. This is where you can purchase the BIRG ticket. You can use it for Metro, Train, and Bus.

Remember to validate your train ticket before getting on board.

We were on the "early" train to Rome, but apparently there was a delay. So, we didn't end up leaving until close to 8:30 a.m. There were many Italian police, and we could tell that there were many "pick pocketers" hanging around. It is so obvious. However, we were on guard.

I was showing the Arizona family on how to use the train system, check the schedule and where to stand to get a good seat in the train.

We had a great seat and was amazed that the train progressively got so full the closer we got to the S. Pietro station. We were scheduled to meet our tourguide, Emanuella from Limo In Rome. She was our guide in 2010. We loved her.

When we got off at S. Pietro station, it was so crowded. We took our time getting to the Vatican City, because we knew that our ticket time was not until 10 a.m. We arrive around 9:15 a.m. There was a big line to get into St. Peter's Basilica, but we were scheduled to meet at the Museum.

Little did we know that the Vatican was setting up for Wednesday mass. So the entire center was covered with guardrails, seats, cleaners cleaning the fountains, scaffoldings everywhere.

After taking 10 mins to take pics of the center and surroundings, we walked North East towards the wall. We purchased a macchiato, took a pic of the Swiss guard, and ate some gelato. It was getting hot already.

Then, we encountered a physical human roadblock. The line on the right is to skip a line. In order to get around, I started walking on the street, got whistled at by the Italian police, and walked back up on the sidewalk where there was the right line to skip a line.

It took about 15 mins. to walk to the Museum, and there were SO MANY TOUR buses. I overheard that the Vatican Tours had become so much more popular because of the new Pope, Pope Francis.

Well, we were there by 9:50 a.m. and looked for Emy. It was starting to get hot and humid. By 10 a.m., we saw a man who held up a sign with our family name. Who was this man? Well, he was our guide.

Not expecting this, but was not also expecting someone who was going to rush us through the Vatican so quickly that I rarely took any pics. I won't bore you with details, but we literally ran the entire time until we got into the Sistine Chapel. DD10 was pushed, squished, and overheated. I told our guide 30 mins. into the tour that we can go slower and not in a hurry to get to the Pantheon, because we want to enjoy the Vatican.

This part irritated me, he did not listen and proceeded to literally PUSH through the crowds. He even offered to carry DD10. ABSOLUTELY NOT! By this time, DD10 and I were completely done with him. We were not even in the Sistine Chapel.

She was turning a shade of pink and miserable. My baby!

So, when we were in the Sistine Chapel, the experience of enjoying the Vatican was gone.

I just wanted her to go back to the ship. I kept telling our guide, but kept ignoring our wishes. He even offered for us to stay at the Basilica while he took DH and DD13 on the rest of the tour.

REALLY!

I told him no and we were going to hit the "restrooms" before we headed to the train. DH and the tourguide were worried that I would encounter some problems going back to the train station.

At this point, I didn't care. I wanted my DD10 to be happy and not miserable. Me, too!

Before leaving the Vatican City, I switched my daughter's sandals to socks and tennis shoes. We walked through a tunnel and many people were watching us... I felt so awkward. The street vendors were scoping us out on our vulnerability. But, as an Angry Mom who was more concerned about Her Child who was miserable, they could tell not to mess with me.

DH, DD13 and the tourguide continued onto the Pantheon. He was scheduled to be with "us" until 3 p.m.

I thought that I knew where the Train Station was, but I got lost. I finally asked a lady and walked through a grocery store and walked across the street towards a park.

We were good until we spotted a homeless man coming out of the WC and started to follow us.

Thank goodness that my survival instincts from growing up in a rough neighborhood in East LA and Eastside SJ kicked in. No one was going to mess with my DD10 and I.

We finally made it back to the Train Station and waiting for the Train to Civitavecchia. It was delayed and by this time, the heat and humidity was tremendous. About 103 degrees. Almost ran out of water and DD10 was miserable. I kept apologizing.

I felt that I ruined my family's experience of Roma.

When the train finally arrived, we found the last seat and DD10 sat in my lap.

After a couple of stops, we switched over to two available seats. Wonderful view!

DD10 was so happy to count the stops back to the CruiseShip.

We finally arrived at Civitavecchia after 3 p.m. We exited the train and walked into the shop to get something cold and fuzzy to drink.

So many cranky people.

The thing that stuck out in my mind was the Italian men and women who were going into work were wearing jackets. Really!

It made me sweat even more by just looking at them.

So, we took a leisurely stroll back to the CruiseShip terminal, got onto the shuttle bus, and gladly entered the ship. We took a shower and rested our weary feet, legs, and bodies until DH and DD13 returned. They returned by 6 p.m. also very tired.

Glad to have this excursion all done!

Sea Day tomorrow!

So sorry to hear about your day in Rome. Our train was postponed twice and then cancelled. We just got another sea day in port!. I didn't even notice your poor hands all the times we ran into eachother. So happy they are better!

Enjoying your trip report and reliving our awesome cruise through others' experiences!

Marni
Disney Magic 12-Day E Med Cruise with Greece & Turkey June 2013
Disney Fantasy Very Merry Christmas/ New Year '14/'15 - Hello Gold!
Disney Magic N European Cruise June 2015
DL - 1/07, DLH 2/09, GC 1/10, GC 1/14
WDW - POR, Epcot, MK 4/12
DLP - 6/13
o&smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:10 PM   #43
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry to hear about your Rome experience. Your DD is such a trooper! Your East LA reference was pretty funny. I grew up walking around downtown LA alot and lived in the Tendrloin in SF for school. The European bums got nothing on the California homeless people . Good job protecting your DD.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:42 PM   #44
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by o&smom View Post
So sorry to hear about your day in Rome. Our train was postponed twice and then cancelled. We just got another sea day in port!. I didn't even notice your poor hands all the times we ran into eachother. So happy they are better!

Enjoying your trip report and reliving our awesome cruise through others' experiences!

Marni
Thanks, Marni! My hands do and feel better.

I hope that your trip back home was good.

As for your train, that's terrible. Did both trains around 9 and 10 get cancelled from Civitavecchia? Well, at least you didn't have to experience the terrible heat in Roma. I heard that Double Trouble just took the train to the next town and spent a wonderful day at the beach.

I think that is what we should have done. Oh! Well. It was an experience.

By the way, I saw a pair of shoes similar to what you purchased at one of your shore excursion, I believe Mykonos, and they were going for over $200.00. Wished that I did a little more shopping.

Mexican Riviera 2008
Old 07-08-2013, 08:49 PM   #45
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm sorry to hear about your Rome experience. Your DD is such a trooper! Your East LA reference was pretty funny. I grew up walking around downtown LA alot and lived in the Tendrloin in SF for school. The European bums got nothing on the California homeless people . Good job protecting your DD.
Yes, DD is such a trooper! She knew that I wanted to make sure that she was happy. She kept telling me that it was okay and knew that I was trying to make it better for her.

Exactly! Our family lived in Downey and then moved to Cudahy. It was pretty rough when I was a little kid and can only imagine the type of environment that it has turned into today.

Mexican Riviera 2008

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: