Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 05:25 PM   #601
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Time for a new TR!

So we are back from an AMAZING cruise on the Fantasy! Could it possibly have been better than Allure?

Enjoy!

From Fantasyland to the Fantasy: We came, We saw, we kicked it's AFT!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:58 PM   #602
Mrs. Buzz Lightyear
Mouseketeer

Great trip report very informative and descriptive. You have helped me prepare for our upcoming cruise on The Allure of the Seas!!!

Thank you

Many Happy Visits Since 1987

Next Visit: Fall 2015

Now approaching the Carousel of Progress

We have 999 happy haunts here, but there's room for a thousand. Any volunteers?? If you should decide to join us, final arrangements, may be made at the end of the tour

Mrs. Buzz Lightyear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2013, 01:00 PM   #603
DisneyRhondaKay
Earning My Ears

I cruised the Fantasy 1 week before you and have been following your trip report on the Fantasy ever since. I decided to come check out your Allure trip report and I'm so glad I did! I think we may wait a few years until DD can enjoy more of the ship's activities (she's 5). But I definitely want to sail on this Ship! Thank you so much for taking the time to do these trip reports. I'm can't wait for more installments on the Fantasy report. I think I want to start from the beginning again.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:17 PM   #604
DitkaFan
Earning My Ears

The entire extended family is sailing on the Allure of the Seas this coming January. Its very exciting. There will be 10 of us - My parents; my brother and girlfriend; my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew; and finally my wife, daughter and myself!

This trip report had a lot to do with us booking! Thank you for taking the time to post such wonderful, informative info that is so enjoyable to read

2014 - Jan: 7 day RCCL Allure of the Seas Western Caribbean
2013 - Spring:3 days at Art of Animation in Disney World followed by 7 days Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean and Fall: 5 days at Port Orleans in WDW
2012 - 6 days at All Star Music in Disney World followed by 4 days Disney Dream Bahamas
2011 - 3 days Disney Dream Bahamas followed by 3 days at the Polynesian in Disney World
DitkaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:18 PM   #605
nenner1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Buzz Lightyear View Post
Great trip report very informative and descriptive. You have helped me prepare for our upcoming cruise on The Allure of the Seas!!!

Thank you
You are so welcome! I'm so glad you liked and and really glad it helped you! I hope you LOVE Allure as much as we did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyRhondaKay View Post
I cruised the Fantasy 1 week before you and have been following your trip report on the Fantasy ever since. I decided to come check out your Allure trip report and I'm so glad I did! I think we may wait a few years until DD can enjoy more of the ship's activities (she's 5). But I definitely want to sail on this Ship! Thank you so much for taking the time to do these trip reports. I'm can't wait for more installments on the Fantasy report. I think I want to start from the beginning again.

Aww, thank you so much! I hate that my Fantasy TR has been stalled for so long. Several different things have interfered with that including technical issues with my computer and photo sharing account, to starting my new job and what has seemed like endless applications for many positions over the last few months. It has been super crazy but I am feeling now that my most recent cruise is over I think things are now going to slow down a whole lot and I can get back on track over there.

I do hope you can cruise on Allure in the future- I think your daughter will love it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DitkaFan View Post
The entire extended family is sailing on the Allure of the Seas this coming January. Its very exciting. There will be 10 of us - My parents; my brother and girlfriend; my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew; and finally my wife, daughter and myself!

This trip report had a lot to do with us booking! Thank you for taking the time to post such wonderful, informative info that is so enjoyable to read
I am so glad you decided to book Allure, and thrilled I might have helped you make your decision! I hope you and your whole family LOVE that ship as much as we do! We are really excited to get on Oasis this November..feels like it has been far too long since we've been on one of those fantastic ships!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
Old 06-22-2013, 01:49 AM   #606
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

thought i'd let you know - we are FINALLY going on the Allure...

i have wanted to sail on her ever since reading your trip report...

it all began with you!!

i can't wait!!!
less than 2 months to go (yes, i booked AFTER final payment...insane insane)..

and the countdown begins.......
Old 06-29-2013, 10:18 PM   #607
Club Disney Chandler
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the comparison. We just finished our 2nd DCL trip and are booked on the Fantasy again for June 2013. I'm trying to talk my family into trying RCCL but they are official DCL snobs now. I think your comparison will help! Thanks again.
Club Disney Chandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:44 AM   #608
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Club Disney Chandler View Post
Thanks for the comparison. We just finished our 2nd DCL trip and are booked on the Fantasy again for June 2013. I'm trying to talk my family into trying RCCL but they are official DCL snobs now. I think your comparison will help! Thanks again.
DD, who like us, was a DCL snob, went on RCCL for the first time last year (on her honeymoon - in Alaska on the Radiance of the Seas)..
she LOVED it....she didn't say it's better than disney, but that it's also great and a lot of fun and now she's "loyal to royal" and dcl too

so she and her husband and DH and i, will be on the Allure in august...

did i mention how much i can't wait!!!!!!
Old 07-04-2013, 06:39 PM   #609
sarahhchan
Earning My Ears

Hi nenner1!

I just wanted to let you know that yours was one of my favourite trip reports of all time. Reading ones like yours made me want to write my own, so I did! Your report was one of the first I read several years ago before my first Disney cruise. I'd just like to tell you to keep it up & thank you

Disney Wonder - Alaska - August 2014 • • • Cunard Queen Elizabeth - Greek Isles & Holy Land - November 2013 "Live From" Trip Report
Holland America Volendam - Alaska - May 2013 "Live From" Trip Report Review
Disney Wonder - Alaska - August 2011 Review • • • Celebrity Mercury - Alaska - August 2010
Diamond Princess - Repositioning Vancouver to San Francisco - May 2006 • • • Radiance of the Seas - Pacific Northwest - September 2002
Carnival Fantasy - Bahamas - Nov 1997 • • • Carnival Jubilee - Mexican Riviera - Sept 1997

Visit my travel picture blog HERE • • • • • Visit my trip report blog; Sarah Travels HERE
sarahhchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:15 PM   #610
jjgarv
Gotta get away to where the boat leaves from...

Dying to know...

So which did you guys like better...Allure or Fantasy? If you could only book one more cruise in the next 10 years (I know...perish the thought!), which would it be??

And thanks for all of the awesome trip reports!
Honeymoon 4/00 4 Day Magic and Wilderness Lodge; 3/02 7 Day Eastern Magic; 11/02 Beach Club Villas; 11/04 7 day Western Magic; 10/05 4 Day Wonder and 3 Day at Saratoga Springs; 9/06 7 Day Twice the Magic--2x Castaway Cay; 11/07 7 Day Eastern Magic; 9/08 7 Western Double Dip--2x Castaway Cay; 5/09 Villas at AKL; 10/09 7 Day Eastern Magic to St Croix; 4/10 7 Day Caribbean Princess for 10th Anniversary; 10/10 7 Day Western Magic; 10/11 7 Days B2B on the Dream; 10/12 7 Day Eastern Fantasy; 3/12 DVC Villas at Aulani; 10/13 7 Day Western Fantasy; 10/14 7 Day Western Fantasy to Jamaica
jjgarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:08 PM   #611
livingis2me
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgarv View Post
So which did you guys like better...Allure or Fantasy? If you could only book one more cruise in the next 10 years (I know...perish the thought!), which would it be??

And thanks for all of the awesome trip reports!
Jen's husband here.

My answer to that question is... Depends on the Dis group. The Allure is a nicer ship, but I'd take the Fantasy if it means we'd get to sail with some of the great people that we've met on our DCL cruises once again.

If I didn't know anyone on either ship... Easy, the Allure.

Ron
Old 07-08-2013, 03:17 PM   #612
jjgarv
Gotta get away to where the boat leaves from...

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingis2me View Post
Jen's husband here.

My answer to that question is... Depends on the Dis group. The Allure is a nicer ship, but I'd take the Fantasy if it means we'd get to sail with some of the great people that we've met on our DCL cruises once again.

Ron
and yet another question... When it was all said and done, did you find that you spent about the same $ on both Allure and Fantasy? Or was there a substantial difference between them?
Honeymoon 4/00 4 Day Magic and Wilderness Lodge; 3/02 7 Day Eastern Magic; 11/02 Beach Club Villas; 11/04 7 day Western Magic; 10/05 4 Day Wonder and 3 Day at Saratoga Springs; 9/06 7 Day Twice the Magic--2x Castaway Cay; 11/07 7 Day Eastern Magic; 9/08 7 Western Double Dip--2x Castaway Cay; 5/09 Villas at AKL; 10/09 7 Day Eastern Magic to St Croix; 4/10 7 Day Caribbean Princess for 10th Anniversary; 10/10 7 Day Western Magic; 10/11 7 Days B2B on the Dream; 10/12 7 Day Eastern Fantasy; 3/12 DVC Villas at Aulani; 10/13 7 Day Western Fantasy; 10/14 7 Day Western Fantasy to Jamaica
jjgarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:46 PM   #613
nenner1

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingis2me View Post
Jen's husband here.

Ron
I *SO* knew he'd say that!

(For the record my opinion is the same!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgarv View Post
and yet another question... When it was all said and done, did you find that you spent about the same $ on both Allure and Fantasy? Or was there a substantial difference between them?
I'm sure Ron will add his $0.02 but we spent a lot less on Allure. I thin our bill was between $400-$500. We did not buy a lot of photos (Disney always gets me with the pics) and we usually have a lot of OBC on Disney through DU so we have spent much more liberally on DCL. (There are a lot of places to spend money on Allure though don't get me wrong. All of the specialty restaurants...and Cupcake Cupboard!!!)

Old 07-27-2013, 07:10 AM   #614
nirrakel
Earning My Ears

Very interesting and comprehensive, thank you

Thank you so much for your trip report, I was a bit torn between RCL and DCL for our cruise and your trip report has really helped
nirrakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:13 PM   #615
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me

Just off the August 18, 2013 Allure eastern - it was THE most perfect cruise EVER!!

The allure first came on my radar when I read your report
I finally got to sail on her last week and she was everything I hoped she'd be and much much much more!!
All four of us had a fantastic time!!!!!

Tags
allure, cruise, rccl, rci, shrek

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: