Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2013, 06:42 PM   #61
wdwfreak
Mouseketeer

So people are upset that they won't be able to break the rules anymore? TS. If you don't like it, don't buy the mug. I'm glad they're doing this. We buy new mugs every time we go (or get new ones with the meal plan) and it bugs me when I see people filling 12 year old Wilderness Lodge mugs and milk cartons with beverages that they should be paying for.

You can justify it however you want, but if you didn't pay for the mug on your current visit and you're using an old one (or something else) to fill for free, YOU ARE STEALING.

Whatever Disney pays (or doesn't pay) for the syrup is beside the point. If you don't pay, you are stealing. Sorry, but that's it. Plain and simple.

WDW Trips:
Summer 1974 FW * Summer 1977 FW * Summer 1979 FW * June 1990 FW * August 1991 FW * August 1995 FW * February 1998 ASMu * August 1999 POR * February 2001 POR * May 2001 VWL * October 2001 POR * January 2002 VWL * October 2002 ASMu * September 2003 ASMu/CS * February 2004 BWV * January 2005 OKW * May 2005 Pop * December 2005 VWL * April 2006 ASMu * May 2007 ASMo * May 2008 OKW * October 2008 Off * January 2009 Pop/VWL * April 2009 Off * August 2009 ASMu * February 2010 Off * April 2011 Off * September 2011 Pop * January 2013 AKV * March 2014 AoA/AKV

"That's my popcorn!"
wdwfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:53 PM   #62
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwfreak View Post
So people are upset that they won't be able to break the rules anymore? TS. If you don't like it, don't buy the mug. I'm glad they're doing this. We buy new mugs every time we go (or get new ones with the meal plan) and it bugs me when I see people filling 12 year old Wilderness Lodge mugs and milk cartons with beverages that they should be paying for.

You can justify it however you want, but if you didn't pay for the mug on your current visit and you're using an old one (or something else) to fill for free, YOU ARE STEALING.

Whatever Disney pays (or doesn't pay) for the syrup is beside the point. If you don't pay, you are stealing. Sorry, but that's it. Plain and simple.
Umm...no one here appears to be even trying to start that argument but you. The discussion on syrup, etc. is about the costs, and not about stealing, cheating or anything like that.

And some of those mugs you might see being filled were sold with lifetime refills...and thus aren't stealing.

Of course, those filling with unauthorized containers is a completely different story, and still not relevant to the discussion.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #63
wdwfreak
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
Umm...no one here appears to be even trying to start that argument but you. The discussion on syrup, etc. is about the costs, and not about stealing, cheating or anything like that.

And some of those mugs you might see being filled were sold with lifetime refills...and thus aren't stealing.

Of course, those filling with unauthorized containers is a completely different story, and still not relevant to the discussion.
If you go back and reread the thread you'll see that the point has been brought up. So it is relevant, just maybe not to your points.

WDW Trips:
Summer 1974 FW * Summer 1977 FW * Summer 1979 FW * June 1990 FW * August 1991 FW * August 1995 FW * February 1998 ASMu * August 1999 POR * February 2001 POR * May 2001 VWL * October 2001 POR * January 2002 VWL * October 2002 ASMu * September 2003 ASMu/CS * February 2004 BWV * January 2005 OKW * May 2005 Pop * December 2005 VWL * April 2006 ASMu * May 2007 ASMo * May 2008 OKW * October 2008 Off * January 2009 Pop/VWL * April 2009 Off * August 2009 ASMu * February 2010 Off * April 2011 Off * September 2011 Pop * January 2013 AKV * March 2014 AoA/AKV

"That's my popcorn!"
Old 07-08-2013, 07:04 PM   #64
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Regardless, lets keep the stealing/entitlement rhetoric out of this thread, or the mods will shut it down rapidly.

This is about the tech being put in place, and it renders the argument moot regardless of what their intent really is.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 07-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #65
wdwfreak
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
Regardless, lets keep the stealing/entitlement rhetoric out of this thread, or the mods will shut it down rapidly.

This is about the tech being put in place.
I don't agree with you, but if you believe the thread is in danger of being shut down, then I will drop the point.

WDW Trips:

"That's my popcorn!"
Old 07-08-2013, 07:57 PM   #66
CelticHattress
Earning My Ears

So this maybe a stupid question but I wanted to ask. If your trip is scheduled after July and the trip is already paid for, will you still owe since the price of the trip didn't include the increase on the mugs? Or will we have to pay more when we go to get them for the first time?

I do wish they would change the design. At least the colors for crying out loud.

~Celtic~
CelticHattress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:10 PM   #67
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwfreak View Post
I don't agree with you, but if you believe the thread is in danger of being shut down, then I will drop the point.
History of such threads, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticHattress View Post
So this maybe a stupid question but I wanted to ask. If your trip is scheduled after July and the trip is already paid for, will you still owe since the price of the trip didn't include the increase on the mugs? Or will we have to pay more when we go to get them for the first time?

I do wish they would change the design. At least the colors for crying out loud.

~Celtic~
If you've paid for a refillable mug as part of your package, or as part of the DDP, you should still get it without paying more.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:58 PM   #68
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Sooo glad we can survive on water.
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

CuteAsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:15 PM   #69
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kddisney502 View Post
Have you seen some of the comments on the article. Some are really funny...like "Jeff" claiming to be from Disney Finance.

That's funny cause the "Jeff" says they are 20 oz. Maybe the new ones will be 20 oz?

Yeah I agree they need to decrease theft, but I wish they wouldn't increase the price so much. I'm just tired of the increased charges on everything every year. We're starting to think this might be our last year.
Jeff specifically said the mugs would remain at the current 16 ozs. The 20 ozs. he referred to was for the paper cup option. He seems to be very knowledgeable on the subject. Why are his comments "funny"? They look pretty informative to me.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:16 PM   #70
ImDisneyDreaming
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizCaptain View Post
You'd think you'd at least be able to bring an old mug and reactivate it. At least I didn't see anything there that hinted at that. This probably sounds bad to some here, but now I don't feel bad for using the same mugs our past few trips. Being DVC members, this isn't that good of an investment given the distance to get refills, costs, and such. Looks like we'll become more frequent customers of the local Hess stations. Now... how long until we get RFID towels at the pools?
Oh gosh don't get me started on towels. We stay in the studios. So we are always short on towels. The ones by the pools always "magically" appear in our room. RFID towels would suck.

Kristi Chris Aerial Christopher M&M Mittens Patches Mittens

Home resort SSR 2012

ImDisneyDreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:25 PM   #71
ImDisneyDreaming
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandy View Post

Looking back it wasn't in the article, but in the response by "Jeff" who states he works in Disney finances and was in the know on this planning. He stated:

Your mug in conjunction with your MagicBand WILL allow you to access soda in the parks. But there is a lot of work that still needs to happen, and more fountain machines added before this can happen. So you can take your mug with you, and use it all day long. Until that happens, there will be no change to the current set up

This quote is what made me wonder if some of the new self-service soda dispensers were being put in now in preparation for the future use of refillable mugs.
Now that would be great. Especially during the summer.

Home resort SSR 2012

Old 07-08-2013, 11:28 PM   #72
ImDisneyDreaming
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
A lot of times I will fill my mug/cup, take a couple nice gulps because I'm thirsty and then refill it up to the top. I wonder how long they consider to be "one fill" or if I'll be locked out from my refill. I could also easily drink 12 oz of ice tea or diet soda (with ice) in less than 5 minutes and want a refill right away.
How about the times the syrup is out and you have to dump what is in the mug and get something else. What then? That would suck. I see the reasons why they may have a delay, but also see reasons not to have one.

Home resort SSR 2012

Old 07-08-2013, 11:31 PM   #73
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImDisneyDreaming View Post
How about the times the syrup is out and you have to dump what is in the mug and get something else. What then? That would suck. I see the reasons why they may have a delay, but also see reasons not to have one.
If I am remembering correctly, during the test period at All Star Sports there were CMs nearby that could manually override the system if the drink was bad. It may be that they would just hand you an RFID paper cup in that instance rather than mess with resetting the machine itself.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:33 PM   #74
ImDisneyDreaming
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post

If I am remembering correctly, during the test period at All Star Sports there were CMs nearby that could manually override the system if the drink was bad. It may be that they would just hand you an RFID paper cup in that instance rather than mess with resetting the machine itself.
Well that would be good. I'm sure they will work out all the kinks.

Home resort SSR 2012

Old 07-09-2013, 08:14 AM   #75
Kronk N Tink
Found Nemo

I've no problem with the RFID mugs, we buy new mugs every trip anyways.

Now we usually do have some of our old mugs around for the drive as well, which we've in the past used when we're situated further away from the main station to save a few steps (fill up 2 drinks per person so we don't have to walk back and forth), unfortunate that option has to go away due to people abusing the system. We'll continue to grab new mugs every trip tho it's still a good deal if you spend any time at your resort which we try to.

Even for a 7 day trip you're looking at unlimited drinks for $2.57 per day, about half the cost of 1 drink at a movie theater.

Feb 2013 CBR
Nemo's First Trip Feb 2012 ASMo
Kronk and Tink's first trip together Oct 2008 POFQ
Kronk has stayed many many times (somewhere between 15-20) At FW
Kronk N Tink is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: