Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2013, 11:29 AM   #31
hzgrace76
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffcox View Post
We will be on this cruise and can NOT wait!! Anyone from the Fort Worth area? It will be me- Tiffany, my husband Aaron and our daughter Aaryn-Nicole (she'll be 2 1/2 (31 months) when we sail). We will be celebrating our 10th anniversary early (it's in January- but no time off for this teacher then). This is our first Disney Cruise, we cruised last October on Carnival... the Triumph... THANK YOU JESUS we were not on it when it look a poooo. Ahh! Looking forward to meeting others who will be on the cruise and hopefully finding some people to do fish extender goodies with! Our friend's will also be on this cruise celebrating their 5th anniversary- they will be traveling with their 2 year old too. Hope to see her on DisBoards soon. Looking forward to getting to know all of you!!
I live in Ft Worth area too! My daughter will be 3 when we set sail. Looking forward to meeting your family!
hzgrace76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:31 AM   #32
hzgrace76
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE="Bunchof0rz;48511005"]Hope you all do not mind?!?! I went ahead and made us a Facebook group. Click on the link below.

Thank you for creating the FB page! Very helpful to have to go along with disboards.
hzgrace76 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2013, 11:59 AM   #33
RockinMama
Earning My Ears

SO Excited!

My daughter (7 years old) and I will be on this cruise! We are from north of DFW near OK and will be driving down! Going to send a request for the facebook group after I post this. Just wondering though, what is this fish extenders everyone is talking about??
Old 07-05-2013, 11:16 AM   #34
cdawngo
Earning My Ears

I see you started up the FB page great. So do you have the list for the FE's started?

Disneyland with DH, DS (2 1/2) and DS (3m) August 2005

Disney World with DH, DS (5) and DS (2 1/2) Christmas of 2007

Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea with DH, DS (7), DS (4) and DS (1) April 2010

Hong Kong Disneyland with DH, DS (9), DS (6), DS (3) and DD (6 months) April 2012

Disney Christmas Cruise on the Magic with DH, DS (10), DS (7), DS (3) and DD (1) Christmas 2012

Future:

Disney Cruise on the Wonder with DH, DS, DS, DS, and DD October 2013

Carnival Cruise with DH, DS, DS, DS, and DD December 2013
cdawngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #35
cdawngo
Earning My Ears

We have a great FB Group going on and a wonderful FE. If you are cruising with us come on and join.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/384752644975743/

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...pclNNSnc#gid=0

Disneyland with DH, DS (2 1/2) and DS (3m) August 2005

Disney World with DH, DS (5) and DS (2 1/2) Christmas of 2007

Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea with DH, DS (7), DS (4) and DS (1) April 2010

Hong Kong Disneyland with DH, DS (9), DS (6), DS (3) and DD (6 months) April 2012

Disney Christmas Cruise on the Magic with DH, DS (10), DS (7), DS (3) and DD (1) Christmas 2012

Future:

Disney Cruise on the Wonder with DH, DS, DS, DS, and DD October 2013

Carnival Cruise with DH, DS, DS, DS, and DD December 2013

Last edited by cdawngo; 07-22-2013 at 10:19 PM.
cdawngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:40 PM   #36
Piper23
DIS Veteran

Cruising in October

Hi all! My daughter will be celebrating her Sweet 16 birthday in October and we're celebrating with a Disney Cruise! We'd love to participate in the FEE. This will be a first cruise for both of us!

Diana & Veronica
Piper23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:51 PM   #37
tiffcox
Earning My Ears

Meet other cruisers!

Hey Disboard members!!!

If you have FB and are looking for another place to chat and get to know your fellow cruisers come over to our group we have going. We include EVERYONE and even have a member input FE going.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/384752644975743/

Hope to see you there!

First Disney Cruise aboard the Disney Wonder

Tiffany (31) Aaron DH (31) Aaryn-Nicole DD (3)
tiffcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:58 PM   #38
BLTris
Earning My Ears

My wife and I will be on this cruise. It will be my first cruise ever and her second Disney. Looking forward to it. Also it will be my birthday on the cruise nice present i think.
BLTris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:22 PM   #39
Piper23
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLTris View Post
My wife and I will be on this cruise. It will be my first cruise ever and her second Disney. Looking forward to it. Also it will be my birthday on the cruise nice present i think.

Welcome! We are more active on the Facebook page if you want to join us there: https://www.facebook.com/groups/384752644975743/

We have an FEE group and just general planning and whatnot. Including the CRUISE countdown!!! 94 days if you're curious. :-)

Disneyland! Disneyland! Disneyland!
Disney Wonder- Western Caribbean, October 2013
Old 07-18-2013, 08:32 PM   #40
brnmommy
Earning My Ears

I see it's been a while since anyone has posted, but I am hoping to join the EF group? I just learned about it today and I am so excited! Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks so much!
brnmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:00 AM   #41
Piper23
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brnmommy View Post
I see it's been a while since anyone has posted, but I am hoping to join the EF group? I just learned about it today and I am so excited! Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks so much!
Hey there! We are more active on the Facebook page and have the FE sign up there. If you don't have FB, let me know and we can add you to the exchange. Scroll up a few posts for the Facebook links. Welcome!

Old 07-19-2013, 07:10 AM   #42
61maris61
Mouseketeer

2nd Disney Cruise

We booked a guaranteed balcony cabin earlier this week, so we'll be joining you. Still trying to decide the best options for arriving the night before (we're from Central New York - our closest airports are Syracuse & Rochester, and both have more flights to Hobby than; Hobby doesn't have Dis transfers).

We did a 4 day Disney Dream cruise in December with our then 3 1/2 yr old DGD; she'll be 4 1/2 this time. She didn't really enjoy the kid's club - I think she was a little young and didn't know anyone so it was a little strange for her. She now has a full year of pre-school under her belt, and maybe she can meet up with some of the others her age on this board. If you haven't experienced the kid's club, the facilities are great, but kids of all ages are pretty much left on their own; I didn't see or hear of much one-on-one experiences. Hopefully this year she'll enjoy the kid's club more, although she had an absolutely great time on the cruise regardless.

My DW is the Facebook person in our family, so I'll have her check that out soon. See you all in about 90 days!
Old 07-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #43
Piper23
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61maris61 View Post
We booked a guaranteed balcony cabin earlier this week, so we'll be joining you. Still trying to decide the best options for arriving the night before (we're from Central New York - our closest airports are Syracuse & Rochester, and both have more flights to Hobby than; Hobby doesn't have Dis transfers).

We did a 4 day Disney Dream cruise in December with our then 3 1/2 yr old DGD; she'll be 4 1/2 this time. She didn't really enjoy the kid's club - I think she was a little young and didn't know anyone so it was a little strange for her. She now has a full year of pre-school under her belt, and maybe she can meet up with some of the others her age on this board. If you haven't experienced the kid's club, the facilities are great, but kids of all ages are pretty much left on their own; I didn't see or hear of much one-on-one experiences. Hopefully this year she'll enjoy the kid's club more, although she had an absolutely great time on the cruise regardless.

My DW is the Facebook person in our family, so I'll have her check that out soon. See you all in about 90 days!
Welcome! I have family in Houston, so my DD16 and I are flying in the day before and staying at my aunt's house, and then they'll drive us out, and pick up, from Galveston. It's one of the reasons we chose Galveston over Florida... Well, that and the smokin' deal.

Old 07-24-2013, 03:21 PM   #44
61maris61
Mouseketeer

Disney Transfers

We would have preferred flying into Hobby, but we decided to do Disney transfers and stay at the Hotel Galvez, booked through Disney. It's not the cheapest way, but at least Disney is a company I can trust.

I checked out one Internet site for limos or taxis; they had a price on the Net of $85 for transfer to the port from Hobby, but when I called the said the price had gone up to $120 because of rising fuel prices. At least with Disney we're pretty safe at knowing what I costs now.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:08 PM   #45
Kayla33
Earning My Ears

Hey everyone. We will also be cruising out of Galveston in October, Yay! My husband and I, plus our 6 year old son and 17 month old little girl. I have requested to join the FB group, so hopefully I get accepted soon and can get in on the FE. My family is VERY excited but I am a little nervous my ds won't be willing to go to the kids club activities. He is pretty shy when he doesn't know anyone, so I'm hoping he will give it a shot and make a friend he can hang with throughout the activities. I know he would love it if he had someone to go with! Can't wait to get to know everyone!
Kayla33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caribbean, disney wonder, galveston, october 19 2013

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: