Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2011, 01:38 PM   #1
bunky8384
Earning My Ears

Problems with Romancing the Mouse??

So I'm wondering if anyone has ever had any communication problems with the husband and wife who run Romancing the Mouse? We booked their 5 bed/5bath home for our upcoming Disney vacation. We leave a week from Friday. I've emailed them twice now about our flight itinerary and payment options and have yet to hear anything back. I'm freaking out thinking some how we've been lossed in the shuffle... Seriously not what I want to be worrying about less than two weeks from my vacation. UGH!!!

bunky8384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:57 PM   #2
tednvon
DIS Veteran

Location: Iowa City, Iowa...now stay Jan, Feb, Mar, just south Disney in Sunset Lakes...lucky us!!

Hi, as a former owner and landlord of a Disney home, I appreciate your concern...Hopefully this post finds all problems solved and no need to intervene further....If not, I did white pages for Orlando and Holly and Mark Honeck...hope this helps...good luck...Ted

Frankly IMHO a website should always contain a contact phone number...If there was one for R the M, I did not see it.

Mark W Honeck
(407) 390-9192
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2011, 06:17 PM   #3
BrerMama
DIS Veteran

I know Mark's mom had some health issues not long ago and I'm not sure if that's been resolved.

I'd try calling in your situation or at the very least try an email with URGENT in the subject line. I did receive an email from Mark about a week ago, and the website calendar was updated this weekend, so I know he's out there. I did just check my confirmation and it says 2 weeks before arrival they'll send info, so it's a little late.

P.S. When you get back, I'd love to hear about the 5 bedroom. Looks like we'll be staying there next June.
May/June 2007 Port Orleans Riverside
May/June 2004 Port Orleans Riverside
December 2000 Walt Disney World Offsite

Last edited by BrerMama; 10-03-2011 at 06:23 PM.
BrerMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:47 PM   #4
PrincessBelle39
DIS Veteran

We put a query in Windsorhillsrent just over a month ago. They replies saying that we could get a quote from their website. I tried many times but the link wasn't working. I emailed them 3 times to request a quote as I couldn't get the link to work but got no reply to any of my emails. We ended up giving up and moving onto something else. It was a shame. We would really have liked to stay there.
September 2005 - Disneyland, Desert Palms Inn & Suites
August 1999 - Disneyland, Park Vue Inn
February 1996 - Disneyland, Carousel Inn
November 1994 - Disneyland Paris
PrincessBelle39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:52 AM   #5
bunky8384
Earning My Ears

So I've gone from a little worried to completely freaking out! I don't know what to do here... UUUGGGHHHH!!!! I still haven't received an e-mail back and if I haven't by later this afternoon I will be calling the number you gave me, Ted. I guess if I don't speak to them later this afternoon I will cancel through them and hope to god I find another pool house to rent. I think I'm going to cry I'm so completely mad about this.

Old 10-05-2011, 09:45 AM   #6
Detailor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunky8384 View Post
I still haven't received an e-mail back and if I haven't by later this afternoon I will be calling the number you gave me, Ted. I guess if I don't speak to them later this afternoon I will cancel through them and hope to god I find another pool house to rent. I think I'm going to cry I'm so completely mad about this.

IMHO, email is a great tool for communications but when communication slows or, as in this case, stops you really should try other means.

I'd suggest not waiting to receive an elusive email response and just call them. It's just not worth the stress that you're placing on yourself.

Prepare by writing down all the pertinent information about your stay (dates, what's been agreed on so far, money that's been exchanged, etc.), take a deep breath, calm yourself, and make the call.

Just my two cents.

Dick Taylor
1961 New Years - The Disneyland Hotel, 1977 February - someplace on I-Drive that doesn't exist anymore, 1997 March - Sheraton Vistana Resort, 1998 February - Cypress Pointe, 1999 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2000 February - Vacation Villas at Fantasy World, 2001 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2002 March - Hilton Grand VacationClub at Sea World, 2003 March - Sheraton Vistana Resort, 2004 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2005 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2005 June - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2006 February - Pool House in Davenport, 2006 June - Tampa Doubletree, 2007 March - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2007 July - Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort, 2008 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2008 March - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2008 June - Cypress Pointe, 2009 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2009 June - Marriott's Sabal Palms, 2010 February/March - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2010 December - Sheraton Vistana Villages, 2011 December - Sheraton Vistana Villages, 2012 December - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2013 March - Westin Lake Mary Orlando North
Detailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:49 AM   #7
tednvon
DIS Veteran

Location: Iowa City, Iowa...now stay Jan, Feb, Mar, just south Disney in Sunset Lakes...lucky us!!

http://www.vrbo.com/374715
http://www.vrbo.com/40027

Hi, Found these homes available in Sunset Lakes where we spend the winter...great location, gated, spectacular lake view...Formosa Gardens Blvd area...

Windsor Palms, also Formosa Gardens area
http://www.vrbo.com/126949

Emerald Island, also same area as the others.
http://www.vrbo.com/361357

If R the M falls through at this point, I would email any or all of these owners and tell what you were paying for R the M, that the deal fell through and would they accept their rate for the week (if published rate on the site is higher than R the M.) I would rent our 7 bedroom home for any reasonable price to a last minute rentor as it made me money rather than let it sit empty.

I hope you do not need to look further, but I am sure any of these folks would be more than willing to rent to you...I do not know any of them, I just did a vrbo.com search for the dates you needed...

Good Luck...Ted
Old 10-05-2011, 02:17 PM   #8
Mrs Doubtfire
DIS Veteran

I have read many good things about R the M on this board so I hope you get this sorted We stayed at Windsor Palms in December and saw their car on that estate - we thought they must live there.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:07 PM   #9
bunky8384
Earning My Ears

I was finally able to get in touch with Mark today. He was very apologetic about the whole situation and I now have all of our travel information as well as a couple cell #'s to get in touch with them. Thankfully, crisis seems to be averted! Now I just feel slightly crazy LoL!

Old 10-06-2011, 05:55 AM   #10
BrerMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was finally able to get in touch with Mark today. He was very apologetic about the whole situation and I now have all of our travel information as well as a couple cell #'s to get in touch with them. Thankfully, crisis seems to be averted! Now I just feel slightly crazy LoL!
Good to hear! I would love to hear a review and see some pictures when you get back. We're excited to be staying there in 250 or so days!
May/June 2007 Port Orleans Riverside
May/June 2004 Port Orleans Riverside
December 2000 Walt Disney World Offsite
BrerMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:34 AM   #11
Mrs Doubtfire
DIS Veteran

So glad for you. Have a great vacation
Old 05-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #12
beveland
Earning My Ears

Help

Quote:
Do you have any of those cell phone numbers still. We are leaving in 3 days and I have not heard from Mark! I am freaking out!!!!!!!
beveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:24 PM   #13
lorilori
DIS Veteran

Bumping this and hoping you've heard from him. Have a great vacation!
lorilori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:59 PM   #14
dtum
DIS Veteran

This is Holly's cell: 321-443-3471, but it was a year ago and they never responded to it even though we were told to use it.

I have to say, this trip we are staying at Tropical Retreat and it has never taken more than an hour to hear back from Terry when I had questions.

Lack of comminication is very frustrating.

Fort Wilderness Camping - October 1983 (me, DH, DD), June 1993 (me, DH, DD, DS & friends), June 1997 (me, DH, DD, DS), May 2008 (DH and me)
Fort Wilderness Cabins - May 2004 (me, DH, DD, DS, SIL and GS)
Fort Wilderness Camping - June 2009 (me, DH) AND ASMo (SIL, DD, GS, DS)
Windsor Hills (Romancing the Mouse) - June 2011 (me, DH,DD, SIL, GS, DS)
Emerald Island (Puff's Vacation Home-Tropical Retreat) - July 2013 (everyone!)
Windsor Hills - DH and I - November 2014
dtum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #15
mcarri70
Earning My Ears

R tje M review

BEVELAND --- did all end up gong well? We were exciting about staying at this property for our upcoming January stay but now am leery about the communication situation. I definitely will not need any added stress
mcarri70 is offline   Reply With Quote