Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2013, 11:03 PM   #1
DonnaBoo
DIS Veteran

International Drive

We will be staying at RPH again this year for 11 nights would like to pick up some food on international drive, as well as do other shopping.
Does anyone hav eany recommendations on some good cheap restaurants, and/or places to pick up some snacks? Does anyone have any favorite places to shop?

Thanks

Disney Trip#1 2006 Disney Wedding Disneymoon Dec2008 Halloween1 Sept2009 Halloween2 Sept2011 Halloween3/Universal Studios Sept2012
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. what a ride!
DonnaBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:10 AM   #2
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

hello Boo..........

i don't have an answer for you but here to help bump your thread up a notch so others will see it.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2013, 02:57 AM   #3
Goseethemouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaBoo View Post
We will be staying at RPH again this year for 11 nights would like to pick up some food on international drive, as well as do other shopping.
Does anyone hav eany recommendations on some good cheap restaurants, and/or places to pick up some snacks? Does anyone have any favorite places to shop?

Thanks
Can't really make any recommendations but if you go to the website for the I-Ride trolley they have a pdf-map which shows you where all the chain restaurants etc. are. Maybe that would be helpful to give you an idea what there is on international drive.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:50 AM   #4
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Moving to the Orlando Hotels and Attractions board.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:38 AM   #5
2manydaves
Mouseketeer

I Drive is packed with restaurants, shops, mini golf courses, etc. You won't have any trouble finding a place to eat.

The Premium Outlets are just off International Drive, and there's a great salad bar / bakery / pasta place called Sweet Tomatoes near the entrance to all of the outlets.
2manydaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:32 PM   #6
DonnaBoo
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone for the help.
Looks like there will be a lot of places to choose from. I'll need to take a look at some menus to see which ones are gluten free friendly.
I see there are a few liquor stores and grocery stores as well.
If anyone has any favorite places to go, I'd love to hear about them

Disney Trip#1 2006 Disney Wedding Disneymoon Dec2008 Halloween1 Sept2009 Halloween2 Sept2011 Halloween3/Universal Studios Sept2012
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. what a ride!
Old 07-03-2013, 09:30 PM   #7
Enjoying Life
Mouseketeer

I can offer some entertainment tips on I-Drive.

A brand new bowling alley just opened up called Kings. You know it's the coolest bowling alley ever when you see the dude's (Jeff Bridges) picture blown up on the back wall. The layout, design, and lighting is all modern and perfect. It's really an extravagant bar that happens to have a few bowling alleys, pool tables, and a shuffleboard table.

http://kingsbowlamerica.com/orlando/

Pointe Orlando has the Regal Imax theater as well as some good value happy hour restaurants like the Oceanaire.

http://www.theoceanaire.com/pdf/menu...yHour_Menu.pdf

The Festival Bay mall has a neat indoor miniature golf experience called Putting Edge. The lighting and layout is really trippy. Tips: the best time to go is when they open. Also, 2 for 1 coupons are available.

http://www.puttingedge.com/
Enjoying Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:04 PM   #8
DonnaBoo
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info. We are really looking forward to seeing I-Drive. We've heard it's quite something to see at night. Lots of things to see and do.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #9
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran

I posted a question about this on another thread -- but looks like the answer to some of my questions are right here except one -- can you walk from the Royal Pacific to places on I-Drive like IHOP (I think IHOP *might* be in I-Drive too??) TIA!!
Old 07-08-2013, 02:25 PM   #10
Tinkerboy00
DIS Veteran

My favorite place on I Drive is Café Tu Tu Tangos. Its tapas, and the food is so good. There is art all over the walls that you can purchase. They usually always have one or two artist in there doing their work, plus a tarot card reader and belly dancers.

It good because you can get a bunch of small plates and share. Its seriously one of my favorite restaurants in Orlando.

http://www.cafetututango.com/