Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2013, 01:53 AM   #196
Tinked
DIS Veteran

Well, I guess I'm the only one up to celebrate but the third time was the charm. I got a slight upgrade too, cat 9B to cat 8D. So I won't be on Deck 2 after all. The pixie dust fairy hit again. Slightly larger room which will help with the baby's pack n play. and a higher deck. This is great!
Cruises: Wonder '05, 2/07/09 Western Caribbean on Magic, Wonder Bounce Back 9/24/09, Magic Eastern Caribbean 1/30/10, EBTA Bound for Barcelona 4/10/2010, 9/12/2010 Member Cruise, Aug. 23, 2011 Alaska, 6/10/12 Cruise to Canada, 6/15/12 Cruise to Nowhere
Future Cruises: 9/02/12 Cruise to Canada, 5/06/2013 WBPC, 8/25/13 Gayle's b-day cruise Dream
Tinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:15 AM   #197
GoofyNewfie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinked View Post
Well, I guess I'm the only one up to celebrate but the third time was the charm. I got a slight upgrade too, cat 9B to cat 8D. So I won't be on Deck 2 after all. The pixie dust fairy hit again. Slightly larger room which will help with the baby's pack n play. and a higher deck. This is great!
Happy dance.
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2013, 07:55 AM   #198
CarolCPA
LOVE Disney!

GTY Assignment

Booked a 7A & got a 5E with large verandah!!! Does anyone have a general idea about how much a 1 bedroom suite at the port would cost to upgrade? I can't imagine it's the $6,000+ amount. Lots of those rooms still available. I'd pay $1,000 extra to get into one of those rooms!!!

2/27/15 - Disney Dream Cruise #12506
8/28/14 - Disney Dream Cruise #12506
8/29/13 - Pop Century
8/25/13 - Disney Dream Cruise #9172
12/2/12 - Pop Century
10/30/12 - Pop Century
9/21/12 - Art of Animation
5/18/12 - Pop Century
4/21/12 - Pop Century
9/1/11 - Disney Dream Cruise #12510
CarolCPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:19 AM   #199
Tinked
DIS Veteran

Now that I definitely call pixie dust.
Cruises: Wonder '05, 2/07/09 Western Caribbean on Magic, Wonder Bounce Back 9/24/09, Magic Eastern Caribbean 1/30/10, EBTA Bound for Barcelona 4/10/2010, 9/12/2010 Member Cruise, Aug. 23, 2011 Alaska, 6/10/12 Cruise to Canada, 6/15/12 Cruise to Nowhere
Future Cruises: 9/02/12 Cruise to Canada, 5/06/2013 WBPC, 8/25/13 Gayle's b-day cruise Dream
Old 07-05-2013, 11:56 AM   #200
baleeve
"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere -- I want it more than I can tell

Besides the meet...

Besides the embarkation 3 pm meet....is anyone interested in getting together for Palo Brunch? Family Quest or trivia night? Maybe in Nassau gathering together on a group walking tour (something short).

Also is any interested in some way of identifying each other...I know some cruise meet threads organize bracelets. Maybe there is still time to order some matching bands from online?

Don't mind me....itís the geek in me to like to party plan...mixed with my southern ancestry.
baleeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:08 PM   #201
disneytheway
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baleeve View Post
Besides the embarkation 3 pm meet....is anyone interested in getting together for Palo Brunch? Family Quest or trivia night? Maybe in Nassau gathering together on a group walking tour (something short).

Also is any interested in some way of identifying each other...I know some cruise meet threads organize bracelets. Maybe there is still time to order some matching bands from online?

Don't mind me....itís the geek in me to like to party plan...mixed with my southern ancestry.
The bracelets sounds like a nice idea!
Hubby and I booked a dinner date at Palo already and we are most likely doing the dolphin encounter in Nassau with the kids, so not sure if there will be enough time for other things.

(me) :DH DS (9) DS (7)
disneytheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 05:17 PM   #202
Timothynt
Earning My Ears

Room Numbers

Group 1 Looking for room numbers for the following:

Corbett744
lovegrumpy
Ntrain
CEGrant
MissMaleficent

Group 2 looking for room numbers from the following

cogero
JLMommy
PrincessJenny74
Caddy_Wompass
Timothynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:55 PM   #203
AxiomCruiser
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Hey Beleeve,
We're up for meeting up in Nassau, trivia, family quest....

We really wanted to check out Atlantis. Didn't go last time we were there...stayed on board ship but we may go look around this time...just for a little bit...I haven't yet been able to figure out if it's worth it to get off the ship or not...what do you think...have you been there before???
AxiomCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:27 AM   #204
baleeve

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxiomCruiser

Hey Beleeve,
We're up for meeting up in Nassau, trivia, family quest....

We really wanted to check out Atlantis. Didn't go last time we were there...stayed on board ship but we may go look around this time...just for a little bit...I haven't yet been able to figure out if it's worth it to get off the ship or not...what do you think...have you been there before???
Hi Axiom. Your on my FE list.

This is our first DCL cruise and first trip to Nassau. My boys always see the Atlantis commercials on TV and are curious about it. I would hate to be so close and not check it out. The only thing is the excursion with the cruise is rather expensive to just go and walk around. Maybe we could get a taxi/van and do a group trip?

Being our first time time to Nassau, I feel kinda guilty staying on board. Even if we just walk to a few shops - then we can say we saw it. I'm definitely getting our passports stamped. I paid enough for them, gotta use them!

In doing some research things sound close together and within walking distance.

Maybe we could do a walk to the Queens staircase or something?

Kelli

Dance Team WDW Jul 80 Navy Graduation EPCOT Mar 88 Disneyland Mom 1 day trip April 88 Carnival Jubilee Aug 91 MK 1 day Mom Mar 95 Johns 1st visit POR Apr 96 WDW FWC Trip with Papa Sep 97 WDW FWC Family trip Dec 98 WDW POFQ/FWC - Work trip Mar 01 Sovereign of the Seas Sept 00 Owens 1st visit FWCG March 03 WDW 8 months prego w/Brady Jan 05 Carnival Fantasy Jun 07 WDW 1 day AK trip Mom Jan 08 Brady's 1st visit/Mardi Gras POFQ Feb 09 First Xmas at WDW/1st year remission celebration POP Dec 10 WDW AKL 4th yr remission celebration Aug 13 Magic/LBV/DTD Feb 2014
Old 07-07-2013, 09:43 AM   #205
Jammy93
Earning My Ears

Quote:

We're going to pass on Palo brunch and have dinner planned instead. I wish we had more sea days so we could do both. We'll be doing Atlantis thru one of the dcl excursions. The bracelets sound fun.
Jammy93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:45 AM   #206
Jammy93
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Hi Axiom. Your on my FE list.

This is our first DCL cruise and first trip to Nassau. My boys always see the Atlantis commercials on TV and are curious about it. I would hate to be so close and not check it out. The only thing is the excursion with the cruise is rather expensive to just go and walk around. Maybe we could get a taxi/van and do a group trip?

Being our first time time to Nassau, I feel kinda guilty staying on board. Even if we just walk to a few shops - then we can say we saw it. I'm definitely getting our passports stamped. I paid enough for them, gotta use them!

In doing some research things sound close together and within walking distance.

Maybe we could do a walk to the Queens staircase or something?

Kelli
If you really want to do Atlantis but don't want to pay the dcl price you could take a taxi directly to Atlantis and then while there purchase a day pass for whatever part of the resort you'd like to see.
Jammy93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:38 AM   #207
goddesserika18
disneycrazed

going on Disney dream aug 29!
Old 07-08-2013, 10:45 AM   #208
Tinked
DIS Veteran

Welcome goddesserika18!!

I think you can get a water taxi to Atlantis also. Haven't been there, I don't think it's my thing. There are plenty of shops along the dock area and the straw market is a little way down the street. I like to do the historic tours but already did that. The Queens stairs and the 2 forts we saw was good. Last time I did the glass bottom boat but it was just okay. I'm afraid I have been to Australia and the barrier reef was much better. If I go off the ship I might do Ardastra Gardens, thought a stroll through there with my 10-month-old grandson would be good. I heard the chocolate tour was really good. But not for me this time.

Did lanyards with the EBTA in 2010 and someone had printed our names to insert in the lanyards. The crew got a kick out of calling us all by name. It was also fun for identifying your fellow DISers.

Karen
Old 07-08-2013, 09:46 PM   #209
FlyTriPacer
Mouseketeer

Ardastra Gardens

Tinked,

The wife and I did the Gardens in 2011 and enjoyed it. I was going to do it again this year with the kids, but she wanted to do the semi-submerged boat. I think y'all will enjoy the Gardens if you choose to do it.

Looking forward to 8/24 when we head down and do KSC. We'll break it to the kids on the 25th that they won't being going to WDW that day...so they can go on the cruise.

Chad

CAVU
FlyTriPacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:51 PM   #210
baleeve

I am happy to say I finished up my FE gifts tonight! WOOHOOO

I hope I did ok. This is my first FE and I am not crafty so I purchased everything. But I got things I or my kids would like to receive so fingers crossed.

I did one overall stateroom gift but then I got each child a few gifts because I know kids look forward to FE the most.

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer and although I don't mean to wish it away....I'm really looking forward to the end of August!!!!

Dance Team WDW Jul 80 Navy Graduation EPCOT Mar 88 Disneyland Mom 1 day trip April 88 Carnival Jubilee Aug 91 MK 1 day Mom Mar 95 Johns 1st visit POR Apr 96 WDW FWC Trip with Papa Sep 97 WDW FWC Family trip Dec 98 WDW POFQ/FWC - Work trip Mar 01 Sovereign of the Seas Sept 00 Owens 1st visit FWCG March 03 WDW 8 months prego w/Brady Jan 05 Carnival Fantasy Jun 07 WDW 1 day AK trip Mom Jan 08 Brady's 1st visit/Mardi Gras POFQ Feb 09 First Xmas at WDW/1st year remission celebration POP Dec 10 WDW AKL 4th yr remission celebration Aug 13 Magic/LBV/DTD Feb 2014

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: