Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #31
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL View Post
Following along. Just watched both episodes yesterday. I like it. It seems like Murder In Smalltown X (which I loved, sad story about the winner) and The Mole had a baby.

First, my guess that the murderer is Ulysses. I base this on 2 things.

1) Just the name Ulysses makes me think of mythology. And in the first letter the killer sent to the contestants referred to them as "mortals".

2) He seems to be 1 that is always mis-rememberring, mis-directing and mis-quoting.

I really like this show. I especially like how NOBODY buys that Don is a HS football coach. And I do like how the eliminations are reminscent or Murder in Smalltown X.

And Giles is just too cool.

Also, I love how the episode titles are themed after how the person died. The same way that was done on Harper's Island. An awesome and under rated show.

All very good points. I watched the first episode on Saturday night.
HM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:03 AM   #32
kddisney502
P: What's the problem with Goofy?
L: Wish I knew, he's fine with Pluto.

So glad to see that people are discussing it. Just watched the 2nd episode and I'm surprised how many people thought Adrianna was the killer. I haven't decided yet, but I'm thinking it's someone who is trying to stay in the background and not stir the pot too much.

While I'm enjoying the mystery part, I'm really bored with all the drama. Thank goodness I can fast forward through all the crying, the "he's not talking to me", "who can I trust", blah blah whining blah blah. I think that's why I liked the Mole, better than Small Town X. The Mole seamed to spend more time on the puzzles then the relationships between the characters (at least the earlier seasons).

So true about everyone knows Don is a cop. I love how he was analyzing Dante's body and was spitting out all these fact about burned bodies curling up into fetal positions. Like a football coach would know that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchesGr8Fan View Post
From what I've read, the best and worst players are actually picked from a written test, so maybe he just had the highest % of questions right?
At the end of the episode credits, they say this about the written test. I wouldn't be surprised if the producers didn't also have a say, to keep the show more interesting.

Quote:

1) Just the name Ulysses makes me think of mythology. And in the first letter the killer sent to the contestants referred to them as "mortals".

2) He seems to be 1 that is always mis-rememberring, mis-directing and mis-quoting.
This reminds me of The Mole recap shows where they talk about all the obscure hints and clues of who is The Mole

Last edited by kddisney502; 07-02-2013 at 05:10 AM.
kddisney502 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2013, 08:24 AM   #33
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy

Quote:
Following along. Just watched both episodes yesterday. I like it. It seems like Murder In Smalltown X (which I loved, sad story about the winner) and The Mole had a baby.

I really like this show. I especially like how NOBODY buys that Don is a HS football coach. And I do like how the eliminations are reminscent or Murder in Smalltown X.

And Giles is just too cool.

Also, I love how the episode titles are themed after how the person died. The same way that was done on Harper's Island. An awesome and under rated show.
Bolded is exactly how I described it!

I am going with either Ulysses or Dana as the killer. She was over the top on the 2nd episode.

My 9 year old thinks it's Don...which I could see. My husband, I think, thinks it's Melina

Minnesota! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:29 PM   #34
Dee77
DIS Veteran

I am so glad to see a thread about this show, I also miss The Mole!!

In terms of Whodunnit? I think the killer is Dana, she went on and on about Ulysses would definitely tell her what he knows if one of the others would just go over and break up the group he was talking to.. Well on another site someone pointed out that when the bell first rang that someone found the clue in the mansion, you see Adrianna and Don talking and guess who is VERY visibly speaking in the background? Ulysses and Dana, so she already found out what he knew and needed to throw off the others by acting all controlling, insecure and paranoid. I also think it because she seems to have a completely different "look" in the confessional interviews. She looks so much younger with straight hair and tamed down lipstick etc, sort of like what a professional make-up artist might do if they got their hands on her.. Not very scientific ways to develop a theory but it works for me.

Nov 2008 SSR Studio, Dec 2009 OKW 2 Bedroom, Nov/Dec 2010 SSR 2 Bedroom, May 2011 BCV 1 Bedroom, Nov 2011 OKW 2 Bedroom,
Aug 2012 OKW 2 Bedroom, Aug 2013 OKW 1 Bedroom, Jan/Feb 2014 SSR 1 Bedroom, Aug 2014 OKW 2 Bedroom, Aug 2015 OKW 3 Bedroom GV
Dee77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:33 PM   #35
Pikester
DIS Veteran

Watching and liking it.

Pikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:37 PM   #36
Li Li
Mouseketeer

I'm watching too! I went to the same law school as Ulysses, and there was an article in the local paper about him being on the show, so I thought I'd try it. Wish it were more like the Mole, but I've accepted it for the campy reality show it is. I'll stick with it despite my husband's eye rolling.

I think Ulysses is killer, primarily because in my local paper's interview, he noted that he met the casting director on a cruise ship, who invited him to try out for the show. If a casting director basically invites you to "try out" for a reality show, I feel like they have something in mind for you, such as making you the Killer! Who knows, right?
Li Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:40 AM   #37
lizabu
DIS Veteran

I think it's Kam. No one told him the killer was watching and pressed a button to detonate the explosion yet that was what he told the others in his group. How did he know? Dom suspected him too. Did you see when Kam got the Spared card and Don was like big surprise?
lizabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:14 AM   #38
BDL
DIS Veteran

I'd just like to say, that I sort of called who was going to be in the bottom 2 last night. I follow Whodunnit and The Whodunnit Killer on Twitter, and I posted this:

Sean L ‏@BDLinMA 11h @ABCWhodunnit @WhodunnitKiller tonight will have to be Don and Dana's night to step up or I think they will be back in killer's sights again

And I have to admit, when I saw Dana dressed up like a disco ball, I thought for sure she was going to be wacked at the breakfast table.

I'm still thinking it's Ulysses, that's the killer

BDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:28 AM   #39
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy

I am going with Dana.

I was sad to see Don go, though

Minnesota! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:51 AM   #40
sunshinehighway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota! View Post
I am going with Dana.

I was sad to see Don go, though
'm going with Dana right now too. She's just so clueless.

Can't stand Kam. I hate his smug face. I was glad to see him sweating a little at dinner.
sunshinehighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:14 AM   #41
cappygirl
Mouseketeer

I've been saying Kam from the beginning but now I'm leaning toward Ulysses - mostly based on the fact that he was annoyed with both Dante and Adrianna before they were killed AND if you look at the shows website, his application is very suspicious - looks like the producers planted it. Although maybe that's just meant to throw us off??
Old 07-08-2013, 01:54 PM   #42
Tinkerboy00
DIS Veteran

"We are watching too. Its a really cool concept. And reminds me of Clue which is one of my favorite movies.

I think its one of the maids! They just look evil and mean. I knew the first episode she was just mad that the girl broke the glass and they had to clean it up like were like "Get her! she's first to die"

I was wondering how they picked them in order of who was going to die etc, and then I read that it had to do with a test they took. Someone else mentioned this, Im still not sure how it works but I wonder if that is why the acting seems a little staged because they know when they are going to "die".

Dantes little interview at the end of last week when he was dressed as the burned corpse was kind of funny. I haven't watched yesterdays yet.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #43
sunshinehighway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerboy00 View Post
"We are watching too. Its a really cool concept. And reminds me of Clue which is one of my favorite movies.

I think its one of the maids! They just look evil and mean. I knew the first episode she was just mad that the girl broke the glass and they had to clean it up like were like "Get her! she's first to die"

I was wondering how they picked them in order of who was going to die etc, and then I read that it had to do with a test they took. Someone else mentioned this, Im still not sure how it works but I wonder if that is why the acting seems a little staged because they know when they are going to "die".

Dantes little interview at the end of last week when he was dressed as the burned corpse was kind of funny. I haven't watched yesterdays yet.
I have to wonder if they put those interviews in at the end because some viewers really thought the person was killed. My friend said after the first show people were commenting things like "I can't belueve they are killing people" on some blog she reads.
sunshinehighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #44
Tinkerboy00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinehighway View Post
I have to wonder if they put those interviews in at the end because some viewers really thought the person was killed. My friend said after the first show people were commenting things like "I can't belueve they are killing people" on some blog she reads.
Uhm Seriously? Wow people never cease to amaze me with their ignorance. LOl
Old 07-09-2013, 05:50 PM   #45
tchrrx
Blame it on the plastic cow I mentioned on another board
That's right.... I sucked a plastic cow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinehighway View Post
I think that's why they did it. I noticed several comments like that on their Facebook page. People are stupid.

2006- WDW CR (DD's 1st trip & my parents came) 2007- WDW SSR (1st trip 'home' & suprise trip for DD) 2008- WDW SSR (surprised DD w/her aunt) 2009- WDW SSR (inlaws) 2010- Our 1st ABD (Spirit of America) 2011- WDW SSR & BLT and our 1st Cruise (Disney Dream) 2012- WDW BLT (DD's surprise birthday trip); ABD Southwest Splendors 2013- DL GCV (Our 1st DL trip); Disney's Vero Beach; Disney Fantasy 2014- ABD Costa Rica
tchrrx is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: