Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran

Unofficial Guide Disney Dish Podcast - Star Wars Land Rumors

Check this out! More rumors from a very reliable source on three possible plans for Star Wars land and most time spent on the main one. All still fluid, but the best info so far. It isn't posted on Touring Plans blog, but it is on Youtube on the Touring Plans channel with the same title as this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkSpz1jL7oI

I like what I heard!!!

"Remember, no matter where you go... there you are!" Buckaroo Banzai

1980 - Disneyland for 1 day while in the US Navy
1981-1983 Several 1 day visits while living in Orlando
1984- 1996 Several one and two day visits while visiting family
2000 January - 4 Nights, 5 Days - All Star Movies
2012 January - 5 Nights, 6 Days - Caribbean Beach
2013 September - 9 Nights, 10 days - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room.
2014 November - ?
Yellowstonetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:25 PM   #2
Yellowstonetim
DIS Veteran

In this podcast Jim Hill talks about plans for Star Wars. Basically doing something before the next movie comes out and probably before Avatar is a done deal. Three plans: The main one sees the lake go away and that area become Mos Isley. There will be a 3D+ ride where 50 people get on speeders and race. A number of other things were discussed. Very interesting. He also said what ever the final decision among the three, it will be announced at D23.

Avatar is going slow and Cars Land will be later, if ever.

"Remember, no matter where you go... there you are!" Buckaroo Banzai

1980 - Disneyland for 1 day while in the US Navy
1981-1983 Several 1 day visits while living in Orlando
1984- 1996 Several one and two day visits while visiting family
2000 January - 4 Nights, 5 Days - All Star Movies
2012 January - 5 Nights, 6 Days - Caribbean Beach
2013 September - 9 Nights, 10 days - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room.
2014 November - ?
Yellowstonetim is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2013, 04:28 PM   #3
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Nice!
Old 07-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #4
johnGorski
Mouseketeer

Interesting this could be a phase 1 and 2 project. No mention of cars land thought as I am almost 100 percent convinced this will not happen.
johnGorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:35 PM   #5
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Very interesting. I hope it happens also surprised no mention of cars at all. I think this could be a great new project that disneys Hollywood studios really needs. I would prefer if it did take out LMA and the backlot because thats just gotten very dull over the last few years. But this is exciting news.

disney lover at heart

rteetz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:59 AM   #6
Silock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnGorski View Post
Interesting this could be a phase 1 and 2 project. No mention of cars land thought as I am almost 100 percent convinced this will not happen.
He didn't actually say CarsLand wouldn't be coming, simply that it could be just the Radiator Springs Racers. The ride already has Route 66, it the CarsLand at DCA has Route 66 on the outside, too. So, it kinda repeats. RSR could be just its own thing without the need for a whole land along with it.
Silock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:05 AM   #7
disneyworld1977
Mouseketeer

That was interesting to listen too. Taking out Echo Lake would seem a big hurt to 50s Prime Time, which is a popular spot. He did mention that. Like he said though, it is fluid and they are up to something, although everyone was up in arms about them supposedly not going to say a word at the Expo, but that might not be the case.
*DL* Offsite - 2000, 2003, 2005, 2011, SEPT 2013!! *WDW* Offsite - 80's , 90's ** POP CENTURY - 2004, 2009 ** CORONADO SPRINGS - 2008 ** PORT ORLEANS (Riverside) - 2011 ** ALL STAR MOVIES - 2012 ** FT. WILDERNESS CABINS DEC 2013
ME DW
disneyworld1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #8
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

I'm actually surprised it's taken Jim Hill this long to chime in...he often seems to latch on to blue sky ideas as if they are done deals...and I'd still treat what he says as items not far enough along the pipeline to be at the "likely" stage.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #9
Goofy442
DIS Veteran

Well my nephew would love that.

Goofy442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:38 PM   #10
johnGorski
Mouseketeer

I was told by a good source absolutely no star wars or cars land announcement at D23. He did confirm this massive billion dollar project is steps away from approval. And will not be announced till late 2014
johnGorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #11
Jafar30
Mouseketeer

I did hear he show myself and thought it was intriguing
Jafar30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:49 PM   #12
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnGorski View Post
I was told by a good source absolutely no star wars or cars land announcement at D23. He did confirm this massive billion dollar project is steps away from approval. And will not be announced till late 2014
Steps away, but not announced for a year and a half? Ugh...I don't think I can take the posts that will be coming...
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #13
dgramling
Earning My Ears

He talks about this being announced at D23 but it has also been put out there that there will not be a large Parks and Resort presentation at the D23 expo, so I think the timing is off on the announcement. He points to parts having already been on the drawing board prior to Eisner leaving, so that is why they could start prior to cars land.

dgramling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:38 PM   #14
AJRitz
DIS DAD #420
Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgramling View Post
He talks about this being announced at D23 but it has also been put out there that there will not be a large Parks and Resort presentation at the D23 expo, so I think the timing is off on the announcement. He points to parts having already been on the drawing board prior to Eisner leaving, so that is why they could start prior to cars land.
It's actually a GOOD thing if they can't announce it at D23. Because if it's not being announced at D23, it means that they're planning to spend more on the project than they're allowed to spend without specific corporate Board approval. There's a pretty good article on Micechat today that explains the issue a bit. If they were going to announce it at D23, the total project budget would have to be under $100 million. If the project is progressing in the planning stages, with clear momentum toward being built, but is not announced, it means that they're leaning toward one of the more extensive versions of Star Wars Land, which will carry a bigger price tag.
Come visit the DISDads clubhouse! | DISDad #420 - Visit our new forum!

AJRitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:40 PM   #15
jrtoastyman
Purveyor of Fine Latex Products

I did think it was a bit interesting that these rumors began circulating around the same time Iger announced that he would be extending his stay as CEO. On the one hand, it could suggest that he's sticking around to make sure he's not leaving at an awkward time vis-a-vis a significant project like that. On the other hand, Bob Iger's not exactly known for the love he's shown for the parks, so it would be a bit out of character for him to stick around for over a year extra on account of something happening with the parks.

On yet another hand, perhaps they are totally unrelated. That's the most likely explanation, I suspect...

Owner since June 2011

Upcoming: BLT (Jan 2015) - DLR (July 2014)
DLR (May 2014) - BLT (Dec 2013) - Dolphin (May 2013) - BLT (Jan 2013) - BLT (Jan 2012) - Polynesian (June 2011 + UO/IOA) - Swan (Jan 2007) - Port Orleans French Quarter (Dec 1993) - Off-site (1986)
jrtoastyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: