Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2013, 02:56 PM   #76
travelvr
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2twokids View Post
We had 2 rooms and both our rooms connected, but not to each other. I was hoping that one of our neighbors would be willing to switch with us. Finally around 2:30 our first neighbor showed up. I proposed my plan and found out that he had another stateroom on the other side of the boat and was planning on staying there anyways, so he was so kind and was more than willing to switch us!!!! In the end we had 2 connecting staterooms and it made our cruise that much more magical!!
Hi! I'm hoping to do the same thing on our upcoming cruise. My parents are in a room that adjoins the next room, and we are several rooms down the hall. If we do manage to switch with the room next to my parents', will that cause problems with DCL? (i.e., the names on the reservation etc.)

Thanks
travelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #77
mom2twokids
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelvr
Thanks for updating your report. I'm sorry to hear about the flooding. I hope they can rebuild quickly.

I have a question about what to pack for the kids. Hearing the reports that Alaska is having a heatwave, how many pairs of long-sleeved shirts and jeans should I bring for them? I'm trying not to overpack, but the tendency's there...

Also, do they have irons on board?

Did you see enough whales to make it good enough to skip a whale-watching excursion?

Thanks again. You have a beautiful family!
As far as packing goes, I only packed the kids one long sleeved shirt each. My 2 year old wore his but the other kids did not. When it was cold they just wore their sweaters over a T-shirt. We did not spend any great length of time on deck though. That was the coldest part of our trip so we just avoided it.
There are irons on board in the laundry rooms. You do need to use them in that room I think. They also have an ironing board there.

We only saw whales once and it wasn't up close and personal. If we didn't have the younger kids we would have done a whale watching excursion for sure. We have tried one before out of Victoria and had terrible luck. Went twice and never saw whales, so it is on our list of things to do at some point. There was a family who went in Juneau and told me their experience was unbelievable. Lots of whales and lots of activity from them.
mom2twokids is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2013, 04:21 PM   #78
mom2twokids
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelvr

Hi! I'm hoping to do the same thing on our upcoming cruise. My parents are in a room that adjoins the next room, and we are several rooms down the hall. If we do manage to switch with the room next to my parents', will that cause problems with DCL? (i.e., the names on the reservation etc.)

Thanks
If you find some one willing to switch its really easy to do. Just go to guest services and they change everything. Even our onboard credit transferred over without a hitch. Excursions, credit card info and anything else associated with the room is transferred and they simply distribute new keys for you.
The only thing you will need to do us confirm with the kids club that you changed rooms. We got texts for the other families kid on our wave phone because they hadn't changed automatically. Not that it was a big deal but it's nice to get texts about your own kids.
mom2twokids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:21 PM   #79
Tsunami
Earning My Ears

Another question for you. On the photo CD, are there "stock" Alaska photos included like the Carribean ones they include on those cruises? Thanks again!
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:10 PM   #80
sqektoy
Earning My Ears

Hello! I just found your TR and enjoyed meeting you on the cruise and being known as "the lovely family from Arizona" . The lumberjack show was a fun experience and the "log chair" I won at musical chairs has arrived and is sitting on our back patio. You have a beautiful family and we are glad you also enjoyed your vacation. Thanks for sharing your memories with all of us.
sqektoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:58 PM   #81
kjmumma
Earning My Ears

Thanks for your Trip report

I've really enjoyed reading your report. Our family is leaving aug 18, we have 3 kids and will be travelling with grandparents and aunts and uncles. We also live in Calgary and my sister lost most of her home (basement and main floor) on the Elbow river. This trip Should be some great memories made, though I know she isn't very excited at the moment. I really hope it is a break for her. I appreciate the time you took to share your trip! It really does get me excited to go :-)
kjmumma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:43 AM   #82
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

I just randomly picked your TR from all the Alaska ones and have thoroughly enjoyed reading through it.
Alaska looks beautiful and it is high on my bucket list to visit one year.

I just love the character pics you have that were taken on deck or during excursions. The one with Mickey in his yellow raincoat is just delightful, as is the ones of Donald taken on the excursion.

Thanks for sharing.

WanderlustNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:19 PM   #83
Ellie Fredrickson
Earning My Ears

Loved the report! I also have two boys and two girls . . . and your photos brought back memories of when they were young (they are now ages 24-29!)

Did not know about the Pixar party and Toy Story Menu! We went on a Pixar cruise last year and loved it. Now to tie DH down and make him see what a great time the Alaska Cruises are! Thanks!
Ellie Fredrickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:33 PM   #84
nycdisneygal
Mouseketeer

great report! your family is lovely.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: