Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2013, 02:11 PM   #11
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeTime View Post
We visited DL and DCA and were very disappointed in the offerings. We probably set ourselves up for disappointment due to the great choices offered at WDW and on cruise lines. After asking on this thread we heard that possibly a gf monte cristo would be available at cafe Orleans. We requested it in advance as disney dining advised. When we got to the rest the chef questioned who told us we could have one and said we could only have chicken. We left. The night prior at carnation cafe the chef came out and said we have great options, a turkey sandwich and a hamburger with salad or broccoli as the side. My dd ordered a burger and they brought turkey, which we sent back. My dh went down the street to get my dd chips and they gave me to him when they mentioned they thought it was odd that he wasn't getting a hot dog with them. She liked boardwalk pizza. Pizza port pasta option was terrible pasta but they made breadsticks out of a crust which was nice. The dinner roll served at flo's with breakfast was tasty.
I am very sorry you had such trouble. I hope you tell Disney about your experience so they can address problems with their system. It is too late for your family, but hopefully they can correct the problem for others. I do think there needs to be a better way to make the system work the same for everyone. Right now, it depends on the CMs you interact with. Some are better than others, but Disney's answer to allergy concerns is to talk with the CMs. So people end up having wildly different experiences depending on which CM they get. That is not comforting for those planning trips.

To the previous poster asking about GF soy sauce, I have never seen any in the parks. I wouldn't count on them having it at Lucky Fortune. It may be worth getting some GF soy sauce. You can buy the little packets on Amazon now and carry them into the parks. I hope Disney looks into getting the GF soy sauce soon, it has been available at several restaurants for awhile now.
ArchOwl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: