Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #16
Recie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2 View Post
Loving your trip report so far! You lucked out getting along with your tablemates, especially after requesting a table for just your family. I guess it's always luck of the draw.

We always love getting off the ship at Nassau, and Queen's Staircase and Fort Fincastle are typically a must-do. Such pretty sites. Did you get your passports stamped while in Nassau? That's always a must-do for us.

Looking forward to hearing more!
We did luck out with the tablemates.

Unfortunately, we didn't make it to the Queen's Staircase. Our plan was to get the kids cleaned up, fed, leave them at the kids club and go back to the Queen's Staircase but they were worn out and ready for a nap after lunch.

We have an excuse to go again.

We got our passports stamped the second time we were in Nassau.
2014 - Disney Wonder, 2015 Bonnet Creek

Recie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #17
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

enjoying your report...thanks for sharing.
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Dixielady908 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2013, 03:19 PM   #18
Recie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielady908 View Post
enjoying your report...thanks for sharing.
Thanks for reading.

Old 07-06-2013, 03:33 PM   #19
Recie
Earning My Ears

Pirate Night

When I left off, we were getting back onboard from Nassau. We had lunch at Cabanas and took the kids back to the room for their naps. DGN went to the club. I sat out on the verandah planning to read. I fell asleep shortly after I sat down. DD woke me up and told me she ordered a All Hands on Deck cheese plate. She asked for extra fruit and they brought 2 trays of cheese.

After relaxing the rest of the afternoon, it was time to pick up DGN and get ready for tonight’s show which was Villain’s Tonight. I did not see this show last year so I went to it. We enjoyed it.

Tonight was Pirate Night so after Villains, we went to the Pirates of the Caribbean Stage Show. We found a spot on Deck 11 near the stage and the kids sat on one of the towel return bins and enjoyed ice cream cones.

We only had one Pirate in the group. DGS dressed in his Pirate outfit, DGD wore her Tinkerbell dress. Me and DGN wore striped shirts. DD wore a striped skirt.

The man in the background saw us taking pictures and came back to photo bomb us .

Old 07-06-2013, 03:47 PM   #20
Recie
Earning My Ears

Dinner and Deck Party

Dinner tonight was at Animators Palate. On the three night they do not offer the Pirate Menu, its the normal menu.

Our meal for the night was:
Me - Black Truffle Pasta Purseittes, Marinated Angus Beef Tenderloin and Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake.
DD - Wild Mushroom Risotto, (no second course), Animators Veal, and Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake.
DGD - Fruit, Mac and Cheese and Mickey Bar
DGS - Soup, Pizza and a Mickey Bar
DGN - Fruit, Chicken Strips and an Ice Cream Sundae

FYI& Children can order off of either the kids or adult menu. DGN mixed her orders most nights.

DGN and her new friend

After dinner, we went to see the Fireworks. My firework pictures did not turn out very good so I won't post.

We stayed a little while for the dance party but did not want to go to deck 11 because it was past bedtime for the little ones. DGN decided they would just have a dance party on deck 12.

DGS break dancing

We stayed about 15 minutes and went to get dessert from the buffet. I got some mint chocolate chip ice cream but can't remember when the others got.

When we went back to our room, we found our Pirate Night towel animal waiting for us in my sunglasses.

We went to bed excited about Castaway Cay the next day.

Old 07-06-2013, 05:41 PM   #21
PoohJen
Willing to share a Mickey Bar?
I brought it with me everywhere on my Disney cruise
Quick, get to the hammock!- Castaway Cay

Enjoying your report! Congratulations to your DD (and you!) on her happy family!
MNSSHP '04, '05, '06 MVMCP '07 and a few All Star quickies DCL Magic Nov '04 Eastern Trip Report Magic Wstrn Dbl Dip Aug '06 Trip Report, Wonder Dec '07 Trip Report Magic Dble Dip Aug '09 Trip Report Wonder Feb '10 DCL Dream July '11, Aug '13
PoohJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:28 PM   #22
Recie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohJen View Post
Enjoying your report! Congratulations to your DD (and you!) on her happy family!

Thank you. DD has had the kids a little over a year and it seems like she's had them since birth. They blended right in with the family.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:38 PM   #23
Recie
Earning My Ears

Castaway Cay

I got up to watched us dock at Castaway Cay.

The rest of the family got up and we packed our beach bags for the day.
We went to Enchanted Garden for breakfast and got off of the ship. We did not get any character pictures this time since we were hoping to be back in a couple of days. We caught the tram to the second stop.

We stopped at one of the shops to get DGS a hat and some sand toys for the beach. They were the same sand toys that we got them last year but DD did not have room to pack them so she got new ones. DGN decided she needed goggles so she got a pair. She wore them on her forehead most of the time. When finished shopping, we stopped by Spring-a-Leak to let the kids play a while.

We finally headed to the beach which was not too crowded. A good seat for me is one near a tree with an umbrella. I don't like to be too close to the ocean so the farther back the better.

They had as much fun playing in the sand as they did in the water.

A little after noon, we went to Cookies Too for lunch and went back to our spots on the beach for another hour before heading back to the ship, DD got the kids cleaned up and they took their nap.

The sad walk back to the ship

The weather was warm but not unbearable. Nothing like it is in Texas.

Last edited by Recie; 07-06-2013 at 10:45 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:51 PM   #24
Recie
Earning My Ears

Dinner

Tonight’s show was Disney’s Believe. The family enjoyed it but not as much as Golden Mickey. DD thought it had changed a little bit from last year.

When the show was over we got ready for Dinner. This was Optional Dress Up Night. Dinner tonight was in Enchanted Garden. Our meals for the night

Me - Garden Salad, Tomato Soup (kids menu), NY Strip Steak and Banana Foster
DD - Lobster Ravioli, Lettuce Wedge, NY Strip Steak and Banana Foster
DGS - Tomato Soup, Meatloaf and Ice Cream
DGD - Fruit, Chicken Strips and Ice Cream
DGN - Tomato Soup, Pizza and Banana Foster

A few pictures after dinner

Old 07-06-2013, 11:03 PM   #25
Recie
Earning My Ears

See You Real Soon

After dinner and character pictures, we watched the See You Real Soon Character Dance Celebration. It was time for the characters to say goodbye or See you real soon.

See you real soon Captain Mickey

After the party, DGN wanted to go to the club for a little while so I took her and DD dropped off the armbands for the little ones. We did not need to put our luggage out so we put the kids to bed. I completed the custom forms, packed a day bag for the next day and relaxed until time to pick up DGN.

Old 07-07-2013, 12:03 AM   #26
Recie
Earning My Ears

Disembarking

We were doing a b2b so we were getting back on the ship. We had one hiccup between getting off and getting back on the ship.

We did not get the letter in our room the night before but our Stateroom Host told us that the room would be ready around 11 so when they let us back on, we were free to come back to the room. We asked if we could leave our magnets on the door. He said we could but some had been stolen during this time so it was probably best to remove them. I took the magnets off and put them in the closet.

We had breakfast in Enchanted Garden. It was not the normal buffet, they had menu's to order off.

After breakfast DD went to Guest Services to get our instructions for getting back on the ship. She got the letter instructing us to go through customs and back into the terminal. We went into the terminal and let the kids take potty breaks. We got a some empty terminal pictures.

When everyone was finished, we went to check in and got new KTTW card, lanyards and a green card showing that we were b2b cruisers. The Cast Member instructed to wait behind the glass wall until someone came for us.

While we were in the Concierge waiting, a cast member came in and told us that we did not belong in there. I told him that this is where we were instructed to go and he said no, this is concierge. DD was holding the green card but he never asked if we were b2b or anything. Just that we should not be there. I asked him where should b2b cruiser's wait and he held up both hands and took a step back and said we are in the right place. DGN went to get his name and we reported him for not asking, just assuming.

We waited about 10 more minutes for someone to come to get us. This was about 10:40 based on the time stamp on the next couple of pictures.

As soon as we walked into the boarding area, we were met by Captain Mickey.

We thought he was going to meet the new arrivers but Captain Mickey played with the kids and his handler asked if we wanted to get pictures so we had to dig our cameras out and get a couple. When finished he went back into the ship behind us.

When we got back on the ship, we took a few pictures then went up to deck 11. The plan was for DGN to do the rest of her homework. Her teacher had prepared a packet for her. She did half of it the day before the cruise. Well, that didn't go as planned. She could not concentrate so we gave up and told her that it needed to be done before she went back to school.

Since our homework plan did not work, we went back to our Stateroom. It was roped off but one of the Stateroom host let us in and our host met us as we were walking down the hallway to let us know that he had finished cleaning the room.

We let the kids get a snack and relax a while before going back up to deck 11. They got in the pool and rode the Mickey slide. DGN got in the pool and rode the aquaduck a few times. There were a few passengers that had boarded by this time but the aquaduck did not have a long wait, it was still just walk up and get on.

Last edited by Recie; 07-07-2013 at 12:21 AM.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:11 AM   #27
bbn1122
DIS Veteran

Congratulations...to your daughter and you...

The children are adorable and I love reading your report.

Wishing your family much happiness and peace....
AKL - Aug 2011,
HHI - August 2012
OKW - August 2014
Vero Beach - August 2014
Magic - West Carib April 2010, 2 night NYC June 2012
Dream - 3 night - August 2011 3 Night Dream - August 2014
bbn1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:46 PM   #28
coffeecassie
Earning My Ears

I am really enjoying your trip report! Looks like everyone had a great time!
coffeecassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:31 PM   #29
Recie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbn1122 View Post
Congratulations...to your daughter and you...

The children are adorable and I love reading your report.

Wishing your family much happiness and peace....
Thank you for your kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeecassie View Post
I am really enjoying your trip report! Looks like everyone had a great time!
Thanks, everyone did have a good time. Can't wait for the next cruise.

Old 07-07-2013, 04:32 PM   #30
Recie
Earning My Ears

Sailing Away and Horn Melodies

After swimming, we went to Enchanted Gardens for lunch. When finished, we went back to our room.
The little one's napped and I decorated the door again while waiting until time for the Safety Drill. DGN thought she didn't need a nap so she watched TV.
I wish on back to back’s they had a way of knowing passengers that had already been through the drill and did not need it again. I guess all b2b’s do not have the same stateroom so it wouldn’t work.

After the drill it was time for the Sailing Away Party. Once again we went on Deck 12
Pulling away from the terminal.

Carnival Sensation and Freedom of the Seas left us behind.

At this point there was another RCCL ship docked. They blew their horn 2 or 3 times. At first I thought they were brave enough for a horn challenge but I believe maybe they wanted the Dream to entertain their passengers. The RCCL ship didn't blow their horn anymore.

I tried to get the horn sounds but ended up getting more video of the sky than the terminal area.
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...ctWzZo2asWrC3g

At Jetty Park
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...ctWzZo2asWrC_A

Last edited by Recie; 07-13-2013 at 05:54 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: